PDA

View Full Version : Media Richie Towell

InterviewLoI
03-04-2013, 02:32 PM
Who remember s the dude we had on loan from Celtic? Well, he's now at Dundalk and we have an interview with him from last night's 2-1 away win to pat's. He totally bossed the midfield!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czfC7hPpdqM

Golden Bear
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Richie played his best games for us very early in his Hibs career, then like so many others before and after him, for some reason they become "Hibernianised" and are never quite the same again.

It's both puzzling and concerning.

Jack
03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Richie played his best games for us very early in his Hibs career, then like so many others before and after him, for some reason they become "Hibernianised" and are never quite the same again.

IIRC he was playing in a team that rocked from crisis to crisis. No way to evaluate a youngster on loan.

I thought he showed promise and might even be glad to see him back.

bod
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
was he the right back from smeltic ?

Big_Franck
03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Can't be a great standard if this guy is bossing the midfield. Thought he was poor for us although he did seem to give 100% so hope he goes on and has a decent career.

bingo70
03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I personally thought he was utter knickers, especially when played in his supposed favoured position of midfield.

clerriehibs
03-04-2013, 04:02 PM

but mostly f'ing irritating

lucky
03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Sorry but I'm amazed he has boss any midfield. Truly honking player. Can't pass or tackle. He is that bad no one in the SPL would touch him

Beefster
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Sorry but I'm amazed he has boss any midfield. Truly honking player. Can't pass or tackle. He is that bad no one in the SPL would touch him

Agreed. Could throw a ball a long way though.

Elephant Stone
03-04-2013, 04:38 PM

Jesus, this is my favourite.

Has Jorge Claros been Hibernianised? What about Ben Williams? Griffiths? Maybe they're immune, right enough.

California-Hibs
03-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Very poor player. Has found his level.

California-Hibs
03-04-2013, 07:43 PM
.......but it's good to see you sporting a Hibs scarf buddy! :agree:

Fergus52
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Some of the comments about the Irish league are a wee bit harsh I think.

I remember a couple of years ago in Ireland seeing Sligo thrash Galway 8 or 9-0 and thinking that they would have given us a very good game.

spike220
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Who remember s the dude we had on loan from Celtic? Well, he's now at Dundalk and we have an interview with him from last night's 2-1 away win to pat's. He totally bossed the midfield!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czfC7hPpdqM

On another note you are a fan Doyle are you not? What are your thoughts on his move to Chesterfield???

InterviewLoI
04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
On another note you are a fan Doyle are you not? What are your thoughts on his move to Chesterfield???

Look mate I think he'll do a job anywhere. It baffles me why Pat doesnt play 442.... He has not benefited from the new system.... I look forward to seeing him link up with Cookie again!
What's your thoughts?

Braids Hibby
04-04-2013, 03:16 PM
The yams hated Richie, and he wound them up :)

Speedway
04-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I totally bossed the day care centre last week. I'd be crap at Hibs though.

So would Towell.

Ken
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
I actually thought he was ok when he played for us, I've seen alot worse players in the last 20 years put it that way.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?t=208829

spike220
04-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Look mate I think he'll do a job anywhere. It baffles me why Pat doesnt play 442.... He has not benefited from the new system.... I look forward to seeing him link up with Cookie again!
What's your thoughts?

Without creative midfielders LG and Doyle had to create a convert goal scoring opportunities, I'd like to have seen him play with some good service, only then the 442 would have worked to his advantage. I like Doyle though and wish him well, but I am sure PF has his reasons for not offering him a contract next year. I think Chesterfield is a big step down, so I expect him to do well there.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
04-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Without creative midfielders LG and Doyle had to create a convert goal scoring opportunities, I'd like to have seen him play with some good service, only then the 442 would have worked to his advantage. I like Doyle though and wish him well, but I am sure PF has his reasons for not offering him a contract next year. I think Chesterfield is a big step down, so I expect him to do well there.

GGTTH

Doyle was offered a deal, he knocked it back.....

HH81
04-04-2013, 09:34 PM
I seen it somewhere Doyle was offered 2 year deal at Hibs.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Can throw a ba' better than he can kick it.

spike220
05-04-2013, 03:01 AM
I seen it somewhere Doyle was offered 2 year deal at Hibs.

There are deals and there are 'Deals'. I think Doyle would be nowhere near a top earner and was probably offered terms of a squad player. I think he has made a mistake leaving to go to Chesterfield, I'd be suprised if we hear of him ever again. I dont think PF wanted to lose him, but I dont think he was keen to push the envelope to keep him. He was given a take it of leave it deal and hasdecided to leave. No hard feelings though he scored some vital goals for us, thanks for your effort Doyle.

Now onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

Andy74
05-04-2013, 09:15 AM
There are deals and there are 'Deals'. I think Doyle would be nowhere near a top earner and was probably offered terms of a squad player. I think he has made a mistake leaving to go to Chesterfield, I'd be suprised if we hear of him ever again. I dont think PF wanted to lose him, but I dont think he was keen to push the envelope to keep him. He was given a take it of leave it deal and hasdecided to leave. No hard feelings though he scored some vital goals for us, thanks for your effort Doyle.

Now onwards and upwards.

GGTTH

Agree with that, other than I think he will do quite well. He's not a natural finisher but if he was to play in a position every week he would score more consistently. He performed well up front with Griffiths when we were doing well as a team.

I do think we need a different type of stiker though who is pyhsical and call hold the ball up and score headers. Kuqi ten years ago maybe.

spike220
06-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Agree with that, other than I think he will do quite well. He's not a natural finisher but if he was to play in a position every week he would score more consistently. He performed well up front with Griffiths when we were doing well as a team.

I do think we need a different type of stiker though who is pyhsical and call hold the ball up and score headers. Kuqi ten years ago maybe.

I dont know why PF has not tried to take Kuqi head and have it surgically transplanted onto Doyles body.

Then take Doyles head and stuck it Kuqi's body and transfer him to whichever club CC is at these days.

:greengrin

InterviewLoI
06-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I dont know why PF has not tried to take Kuqi head and have it surgically transplanted onto Doyles body.

Then take Doyles head and stuck it Kuqi's body and transfer him to whichever club CC is at these days.

:greengrin

But, but, we need a ginger....