PDA

View Full Version : Me and Super leigh

gillythehibby
03-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Had a nice wee blether wi LG last night in the cream cookies (he likes a wee bet like the rest ay us :-) ) Asked what was happening for next season. He says not too sure the situation with Wolves but has been asked to stay by Pat and more importantly he is more than happy to stay if asked. He said "the gaffer knows what I can do". Fingers crossed eh !

LeighLoyal
03-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Aye! :not worth

Vault Boy
03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Let's just hope Wolves make a big mistake and let him go. :pray:

hibs4thecup1988
03-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Let's just hope Wolves make a big mistake and let him go. :pray:

Wouldn't be a mistake. He is absolutely garbage

Hibee87
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't be a mistake. He is absolutely garbage

Yip, the guys pish. Hope wolves are reading this to make their descision. I would release him if I were them. total waste of space :cb

NOLA
03-04-2013, 11:38 AM
No room at Hibs for racist thiefs.

Treadstone
03-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Yip, the guys pish. Hope wolves are reading this to make their descision. I would release him if I were them. total waste of space :cb

Aye, yet to see him score a towering header. Wolves should cut their losses.

P.S. I am on the mobile how do I make that wink!

3pm
03-04-2013, 11:49 AM
'Me and Super Leigh'......what were you all thinking?! :greengrin

H18sry
03-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Aye great, gets sent home from East Mains for not being well, when there are 40 kids who have won an afternoon's training with Griffiths and McPake, yet he can manage to hang about in a bookies, aye the young fan's don't matter, loads of broken hearted young fans who are our future supporter.

clerriehibs
03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Aye great, gets sent home from East Mains for not being well, when there are 40 kids who have won an afternoon's training with Griffiths and McPake, yet he can manage to hang about in a bookies, aye the young fan's don't matter, loads of broken hearted young fans who are our future supporter.

oh dear. Unfortunately, great footballer does not necessarily maketh great pr merchant.

blackpoolhibs
03-04-2013, 12:17 PM

To be fair, he has one of those every night when he gets home.

Green Fish
03-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Clancy was class, top fella. Didnt think LG looked right v ict, give him a break.

MB62
03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Clancy was class, top fella. Didnt think LG looked right v ict, give him a break.

Nowt wrong with players having a wee gamble, they are entitled to do so.
However, if he has gone away sick from training or supposed to have been training with the kids, then hit bookies, that's a poor show. It would not be that long ago that Leigh would have probably have been one of those kids himself so maybe he need to have a wee think about responsibilities and who he is letting down, if this has happened.

No wonder Wolves don't want to sign him for next season :wink:

hibbysam
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM

So because he has been sent home from work ill, which involves plenty of fitness work and running, he isn't allowed to leave his house?

He can be ill enough not to take part in training but not ill enough to be bed bound for the rest of the day surely?

Or would you rather he passed whatever illness he had on to the kids while being a grumpy lad and ruining there day because he isn't feeling 100%?

I doubt he would have accepted the invitation to train them in the first place if he didn't want to.

Oh and I'm sure young supporters would still have a great day with McPake and Clancy as well as having the chance to meet Leigh in the clubstore tomorrow.

H18sry
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Not doubting that Clancy was class,but there was a lot of kids moaning that LG was not in attendance, most accepted the fact that he was sent home ill, but for him then to be out at the bookies beggars belief, kids would be really disappointed if they knew the truth.

I'm guessing you were there by your comment's and was the kid you had with you not unhappy because LG was absent?

H18sry
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
So because he has been sent home from work ill, which involves plenty of fitness work and running, he isn't allowed to leave his house?

He can be ill enough not to take part in training but not ill enough to be bed bound for the rest of the day surely?

Or would you rather he passed whatever illness he had on to the kids while being a grumpy lad and ruining there day because he isn't feeling 100%?

I doubt he would have accepted the invitation to train them in the first place if he didn't want to.

Oh and I'm sure young supporters would still have a great day with McPake and Clancy as well as having the chance to meet Leigh in the clubstore tomorrow.

Going by comments passed he did just that :rolleyes:

fat freddy
03-04-2013, 03:36 PM

to be fair he has about 40 kids of his own at home so you cant blame him for not wanting to be a childminder for the afternoon..

bod
03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
wonder what my boss woud say if i was spotted in a bookies if unfit for work.
bad show by LG if true

Johnny_Leith
03-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Sent home for hanging baws more like.

hibs4thecup1988
03-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Tbh. Can feel pretty crap but still do things. He nor hibs would probably have wanted a bug around the training centre especially with kids there.

So many perfect people on this board. And btw yes I appreciate this is more about the kids but what would you have said if you kids caught a bug because of the day?

bod
03-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Tbh. Can feel pretty crap but still do things. He nor hibs would probably have wanted a bug around the training centre especially with kids there.

So many perfect people on this board. And btw yes I appreciate this is more about the kids but what would you have said if you kids caught a bug because of the day?

what would your maw huv said if you caught a bug whilst at the bookies ?

Ozyhibby
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Give the guy a break. There are some right sad folk on here.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Maybe he had a bit of a cold or something and was sent home to avoid passing it around the squad?

No one knows for certain he asked to be sent home. Sending a player away who has a minor, but possibly contagious illness, seems sensible to me.

Green Fish
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Not doubting that Clancy was class,but there was a lot of kids moaning that LG was not in attendance, most accepted the fact that he was sent home ill, but for him then to be out at the bookies beggars belief, kids would be really disappointed if they knew the truth.

I'm guessing you were there by your comment's and was the kid you had with you not unhappy because LG was absent?

Aye was there mate. My laddie was just delighted to have the opportunity. Clancy is his new favourite player.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Some perfect folk on here who have never skived a day off work eh :wink:

silverhibee
03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
No room at Hibs for racist thiefs.

And he obviously has some kind of gambling problem too, if i were a Wolves fan i wouldn't want. :agree:

gillythehibby
03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
wonder what my boss woud say if i was spotted in a bookies if unfit for work.
bad show by LG if true

It was 8pm at night !!

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 07:13 PM
It was 8pm at night !!

:greengrin Vindicated.

Eyrie
03-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Given what has happened to Sandaza it's clear that Wolves should immediately terminate Griffiths' contract for talking to a stranger about joining another club.

hibs4thecup1988
03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
It was 8pm at night !!

Should be hung out to dry. No way should he be out after 7. Tucked up in bed so he should be by 6:45pm.

steviek
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Totally agree with this my son went on about not being able to meet LG all last night and all today ( but hey he's only the future Hibs need) and no can't take him to the club store as we travelled from the Borders for him not to turn up for the training and I think about 30% of the kids had Griffiths on the Hibs tops!

J-C
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Totally agree with this my son went on about not being able to meet LG all last night and all today ( but hey he's only the future Hibs need) and no can't take him to the club store as we travelled from the Borders for him not to turn up for the training and I think about 30% of the kids had Griffiths on the Hibs tops!

So he's been told to go home due to a cold or not feeling well, he's seen in a bookie at 8pm and you're not happy, I'd like to think the club management knew what they were doing if they told him to go home early, oh that's right, lets just send him home and piss off loads of kids and their dad's out of spite, ffs.

steviek
03-04-2013, 08:47 PM
So he's been told to go home due to a cold or not feeling well, he's seen in a bookie at 8pm and you're not happy, I'd like to think the club management knew what they were doing if they told him to go home early, oh that's right, lets just send him home and piss off loads of kids and their dad's out of spite, ffs.

Sorry jc1 I didn't know it was fact that he got sent home from training as they sure didn't say that at the training centre yesterday.

J-C
03-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Sorry jc1 I didn't know it was fact that he got sent home from training as they sure didn't say that at the training centre yesterday.

It says it in the post you quoted??

McBHibee
03-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Aye was there mate. My laddie was just delighted to have the opportunity. Clancy is his new favourite player.
My boy was there too yesterday, he had a great time. He was a little disappointed about LG but he thinks James McPake is his top man now. Hey, but we are all Hibees and although we shouldn't accept it we should be able to deal with disappointment.

H18sry
04-04-2013, 07:53 AM

Pat Fenlon was speaking to us and confirmed that LG had indeed been sent home [not to the bookies, what if he had infected all the client's] as he was feeling unwell. PF also said that Hanlon was expected to start on Saturday.

ian cruise
04-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Leigh has previous for being very good with the younger fans, such as going over and spending time with them after being subbed. I doubt very much he pulled a sickie from meeting them. More than likely the management said he needed to be away from squad due to a bug or whatever. Should he, from a pr point of view, stayed at home incase he was seen out? Probably. However we all know Leigh is a young lad and he won't have been thinking along those lines. He will have been in the house, bored after having his day cut short and thought " I'll pop to the bookies". Nog cleverest thing but I think people are looking for something that isn't there with this one.

matty_f
04-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Being unfit to work does not mean you should be housebound. Leigh went to the bookies, no different to nipping to the shop, and certainly no big deal.

Steve-O
04-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Maybe he's a gambling addict, was feeling no well cos he hadn't made a bet in a while, and being in the bookies gave him the adrenalin rush required to get over his mystery illness?

Saorsa
04-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Maybe he's a gambling addict, was feeling no well cos he hadn't made a bet in a while, and being in the bookies gave him the adrenalin rush required to get over his mystery illness?aye maybe :rolleyes:

J-C
04-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Pat Fenlon was speaking to us and confirmed that LG had indeed been sent home [not to the bookies, what if he had infected all the client's] as he was feeling unwell. PF also said that Hanlon was expected to start on Saturday.

More than likely a tummy bug which gives you the squirts, can be gone as quickly as it came.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm just glad he was spotted in the bookies and not Tesco's.

East Coast Hibe
04-04-2013, 12:12 PM
What a stooshie about nothing.

Someone was sent home from work for feeling unwell and he goes home (most likely at or before lunch time) and then nips to the bookies later in the evening. Am I missing something here ?

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I'm just glad he was spotted in the bookies and not Tesco's.

:greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
What a stooshie about nothing.

Someone was sent home from work for feeling unwell and he goes home (most likely at or before lunch time) and then nips to the bookies later in the evening. Am I missing something here ?

There were around 50 kids at the Training Centre that day for a coaching session with McPake and Griffiths (my 2 boys were there also).

Leigh couldn't make it cos he was unwell, and given that he is the most popular player there were a few disappointed kids (by the sounds of it from the posts on this thread).

For the record, my 2 lads were not bothered by it at all, and Tim Clancy was brilliant ! :aok:

Hibs Till We Die Gentlemen

.Sean.
04-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Some folk on this site just ain't happy without having something stupid to moan about eh?

Scouse Hibee
04-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Some folk on this site just ain't happy without having something stupid to moan about eh?

Including you.............stop moaning. :greengrin

hibbysam
04-04-2013, 05:14 PM

Exactly Sean.

What a cheek Leigh had leaving his house, I mean I was in said bookies today and he walked in, chatting to folks about whether or not he was going back to Wolves or not.. Surely he should have been at the clubstore early meeting the kids eh?

Sometimes I have to wonder whether Hibs fans want Hibs players to succeed or not at the club!

Hibs07p
05-04-2013, 04:58 PM
My grandson Jake, was happy to see him.

GGTTH

lord bunberry
05-04-2013, 07:03 PM
I think a lot of people are missing the point here, the real issue here is that griffiths was in the bookies and the op didnae get us a tip for the national

Bristolhibby
05-04-2013, 07:14 PM
The real issue is why he doesn't just use a betting app?

J

leither17
05-04-2013, 07:31 PM

J

Maybe the account was bare and he needed to get a lend from his uncle first?

lord bunberry
05-04-2013, 07:35 PM

J

There's nothing like getting paid in cash especially if it's a big win

Hibernia Na Eir
05-04-2013, 07:35 PM
if wolves go down, he would score for fun in League one but would end up a nobody, like Lee Miller, Sean O'Hanlon etc. Leigh's better than that.
Let's hope they either don't want him or he doesn't want them.

heretoday
05-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I hope he wasn't having a punt on Falkirk!

Seriously, Leigh is a really hopeless player and Wolves would be insane to keep him on.

I suppose we'll just have to give him house room for the next ten years or so!