PDA

View Full Version : Referee for semi...

hibs4thecup1988
03-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Iain Brines. Thomson got septic vs united, would go along with the thoughts of Collum getting Falkirk vs United in the final :wink::greengrin

Sorry if already posted...

JimBHibees
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Not a big fan of Brines but could have been worse I suppose.

bigwheel
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
I think Brines was one of the worst refs for a number of years ...not noticed too much of him in recent times...

The quality of our Refs seem to have dropped in recent years...

hope it's our good performance that we talk about after the game - not the ref..

Green Fish
03-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Apparently a hibs fan though.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2013, 01:33 PM
I think Brines was one of the worst refs for a number of years ...not noticed too much of him in recent times...

The quality of our Refs seem to have dropped in recent years...

hope it's our good performance that we talk about after the game - not the ref..

Agree, nae chance of any bias with Brines, incompetence equally applied and usually his energy and thinking time is taken up with trying to keep pace with events around him never mind assisting one over the other - therefore one of our elite refs.

allezsauzee
03-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Brines and Thomson are worst refs in the SPL. Collum or Murray will get the final

TomoHFC
03-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Thank **** it's no that hearts ******* in charge of our game

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Well that's one excuse that can't now be used................................next. :greengrin

Green Fish
03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Brines and Thomson are worst refs in the SPL. Collum or Murray will get the final

Collum i reckon.

JimBHibees
03-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Apparently a hibs fan though.

No chance. Weggie policeman.

JimBHibees
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Well that's one excuse that can't now be used................................next. :greengrin

We'll see on the 14th whether it cant be used. :greengrin

Green Fish
03-04-2013, 06:09 PM
No chance. Weggie policeman.

Am told he is by one of his ref colleagues, never seen evidence of it though!

VickMackie
04-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Because Thompson got a semi does that mean he can't get the final?

CropleyWasGod
04-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Because Thompson got a semi does that mean he can't get the final?

Can I be first?

Thomson gets a semi every time he refs Hibs.

Stevie Reid
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Brines made one of the worst decisions I've seen in awarding a penalty against Dean Shiels when Morton beat us 4-3 at ER in the League Cup in 2008 - his all round performance that night was horrendous, and he does prance around in every game dying to be the centre of attention (it's blindingly obvious he's a bizzie) but I agree with those who say he is just generally incompetent.

Mr White
04-04-2013, 08:36 AM
Brines made one of the worst decisions I've seen in awarding a penalty against Dean Shiels when Morton beat us 4-3 at ER in the League Cup in 2008 - his all round performance that night was horrendous, and he does prance around in every game dying to be the centre of attention (it's blindingly obvious he's a bizzie) but I agree with those who say he is just generally incompetent.

Had a shocker that night- hogg was pole-axed by their striker and he gave them a freekick which they scored from while hogg was off getting treatment. Morton earned the victory that night but brines was woeful.

Stevie Reid
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Had a shocker that night- hogg was pole-axed by their striker and he gave them a freekick which they scored from while hogg was off getting treatment. Morton earned the victory that night but brines was woeful.

:agree:

Hermit Crab
04-04-2013, 09:15 AM
We could have the worlds best ref and there would still be complaints on here. At the end of the day if we play well on the day it won't matter who the ref is.

The_Sauz
04-04-2013, 09:48 AM

It was the same player who took out Hogg, who took the freekick :agree:
A week later, he was removed from the UEFA list.