PDA

View Full Version : Under 20s v hearts

oconnors_strip
02-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Hibs play hearts tonight at prestonfield, Linlithgow at 7pm. Free entry but there is buckets at gate for donations to the academy

JimBHibees
02-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Hibs play hearts tonight at prestonfield, Linlithgow at 7pm. Free entry but there is buckets at gate for donations to the academy

Hi where is the best place to park. The surrounding residential streets?

NOLA
02-04-2013, 10:36 AM

Hibs or hertz academy? ;)

oconnors_strip
02-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi where is the best place to park. The surrounding residential streets?

There is a car park at the ground and also opposite the ground, or along past the stadium there is plenty residential streets

hibbysam
02-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Why do they insist on having it out there when we have a perfectly good centre in east Lothian?

oconnors_strip
02-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Why do they insist on having it out there when we have a perfectly good centre in east Lothian?

The rules of the under 20 league state we must play with floodlights if a night game, also a few other things so we play our home games there. It's annoying being out there but it is a good set up

Hibernia Na Eir
02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
floodlights are on right now inside Holy Ground.

hibbysam
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Didn't take floodlights and night game into consideration... Sounds reasonable! Thanks for clearing that up!

tartanhibee
02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
May head along to this tonight.

GlenrothesHibee
02-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Anyone have any updates?

Billy
02-04-2013, 06:48 PM
0-0 at HT

oconnors_strip
02-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Jamie Hamill is *****! First ten minutes he put about 4 long balls straight out the park

Onceinawhile
02-04-2013, 06:51 PM
The rules of the under 20 league state we must play with floodlights if a night game, also a few other things so we play our home games there. It's annoying being out there but it is a good set up

It's not annoying when its a five minute walk from your house!

Billy
02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
It's not annoying when its a five minute walk from your house!

Agreed, but it's only 2 when you take the car :-)

Billy
02-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Team News: Grant, Black, Baptie, Gold, Forster, Wilson, Handling, Horribine, Caldwell, Doyle, Paul #wearehibernianfc

Billy
02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
Hearts: Hamilton, Hammill, McGhee, McKay, Prychynenko, A. King, B.King, D.Smith, G.Smith, Holt, Carrick

oconnors_strip
02-04-2013, 07:07 PM
1-0 hearts dale carrick

Billy
02-04-2013, 07:16 PM
1-1 Forster

Billy
02-04-2013, 07:23 PM
2-1 Hearts

Billy
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
2-2 Wilson

tartanhibee
02-04-2013, 07:27 PM
2-2

Billy
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Ft 2-2

DaveF
02-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Decent 2nd half tonight, and overall I thought Hibs shaded it as the better team. Both centre halves very dominant in the air, assisted by some very good dead ball delivery from the left back. Horribine was busy in midfield and Caldwell had a couple of great chances, smashing the post with one and hitting the keeper with another.

Billy
02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
A good week for James McDonaugh and his Under 20 Hibernian side. 2-0 down against a strong Inverness side and they win 3-2, days later a 4-1 win over Aberdeen and a draw tonight against a Hearts side which had a number of players who have played for their first team.

The average age of the Hibernian under 20 side this week is 17-18. :flag:

truehibernian
02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Decent 2nd half tonight, and overall I thought Hibs shaded it as the better team. Both centre halves very dominant in the air, assisted by some very good dead ball delivery from the left back. Horribine was busy in midfield and Caldwell had a couple of great chances, smashing the post with one and hitting the keeper with another.

I thought Hibs were better both halves personally. Agree about the centre halves, however both Hibs goals were thumping headers from superb delivery into the box. On another night Hibs could have had five - Danny hit the post immediately after their first, keeper pulled off a blinding save from him at 2-1, a deflected effort went narrowly wide - Caldwell missed two and our young left winger missed when straight through.

Hibs played some really neat stuff tonight. Thought young Andy Black was superb whole 90, Danny H excellent second half, and Forster solid bar the unfortunate gaff for their second. Brad McKay for them looks like a classy defender have to say.

The energy from both sides was top class - both Hibs and Hearts first team should take note. Great game played in great spirit.

linlithgowhibbie
02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
enjoyable match, we deserved the 3 points, slightly disappointed in Caldwell, seems to have gone backwards since we pumped St Mirren at start of season.:pfgwa

clerriehibs
02-04-2013, 10:16 PM
A result against the gorgie world-beaters? Surely some mistake?

Deek01
02-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I thought Hibs were better both halves personally. Agree about the centre halves, however both Hibs goals were thumping headers from superb delivery into the box. On another night Hibs could have had five - Danny hit the post immediately after their first, keeper pulled off a blinding save from him at 2-1, a deflected effort went narrowly wide - Caldwell missed two and our young left winger missed when straight through.

Hibs played some really neat stuff tonight. Thought young Andy Black was superb whole 90, Danny H excellent second half, and Forster solid bar the unfortunate gaff for their second. Brad McKay for them looks like a classy defender have to say.

The energy from both sides was top class - both Hibs and Hearts first team should take note. Great game played in great spirit.

I played with Brad McKay at Edinburgh City briefly, he'll go on to bigger things, cracking player.

Treadstone
03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Heard our dead ball delivery was excellent. Was this Ryan Baptie ? Anyone care to offer an opinion on how far away from the first team this lad and others may be ? And position(s) long term ? Team seemed very young and by recent results look to be on a decent run of form.

DaveF
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Heard our dead ball delivery was excellent. Was this Ryan Baptie ? Anyone care to offer an opinion on how far away from the first team this lad and others may be ? And position(s) long term ? Team seemed very young and by recent results look to be on a decent run of form.

If Baptie played left back then yes, his dead ball delivery was outstanding last night. Pity we didn't get any free kicks in front of goal as I would have liked to have seen him have a pop at goal in such a situation. That's the first time I have seen the kids play so difficult to tell if any are ready to make the step up, but I was impressed with Forster and Wilson as a pair and Gold has an air about him which impressed me. Horribine, while small, is busy, direct and good on the ball and Doyle works really hard up front.

Where was Donaldson last night? Is he not part of the u20 squad anymore?

Billy
03-04-2013, 11:01 AM
If Baptie played left back then yes, his dead ball delivery was outstanding last night. Pity we didn't get any free kicks in front of goal as I would have liked to have seen him have a pop at goal in such a situation. That's the first time I have seen the kids play so difficult to tell if any are ready to make the step up, but I was impressed with Forster and Wilson as a pair and Gold has an air about him which impressed me. Horribine, while small, is busy, direct and good on the ball and Doyle works really hard up front.

Where was Donaldson last night? Is he not part of the u20 squad anymore?

Baptie played left back and Donaldson has been out injured.

BEEJ
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
A good week for James McDonaugh and his Under 20 Hibernian side. 2-0 down against a strong Inverness side and they win 3-2, days later a 4-1 win over Aberdeen and a draw tonight against a Hearts side which had a number of players who have played for their first team.

The average age of the Hibernian under 20 side this week is 17-18. :flag:
Nine goals and seven points over three consecutive league encounters. :flag:

Nah .... it'll never catch on. :wink: