PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed but not Surprised

Wellbankhibby
01-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Well we continue to be on the slide, into the bottom six. Although Dissapointed I am certainly not surprised. If we are honest about things we have seen a slight improvement this season in as much as we are not fighting relegation again. Unfortunatly this does not make us a good team and recent results would confirm this. A real mixed bag of performances and results that IMO show exactly where we are at this stage of the Season. One bit of good news is that we have a chance of reaching the Final again and perhaps going one step further than last year and achieving the Glory that we as long sufferring supporters crave for. Although it is hard to take we have to accept that we are a poor lot at this time and we are probably in our rightful league position at this time. On a positive note after last season if anyone told us we wouldnt be relegated and we may well reach the final. (maybe) we would probably say it was a reasonably decent season. Lets all grin and bear it and although we are dissapointed try and cheer the Boys to victory at Hampden. GGTTH. :flag:

lord bunberry
01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Well we continue to be on the slide, into the bottom six. Although Dissapointed I am certainly not surprised. If we are honest about things we have seen a slight improvement this season in as much as we are not fighting relegation again. Unfortunatly this does not make us a good team and recent results would confirm this. A real mixed bag of performances and results that IMO show exactly where we are at this stage of the Season. One bit of good news is that we have a chance of reaching the Final again and perhaps going one step further than last year and achieving the Glory that we as long sufferring supporters crave for. Although it is hard to take we have to accept that we are a poor lot at this time and we are probably in our rightful league position at this time. On a positive note after last season if anyone told us we wouldnt be relegated and we may well reach the final. (maybe) we would probably say it was a reasonably decent season. Lets all grin and bear it and although we are dissapointed try and cheer the Boys to victory at Hampden. GGTTH. :flag:

Reaching another scottish cup final shouldn't be underestimated. I will be 38 when this years game comes around and I've only been to 2 finals. I suspect most people haven't seen us in that many finals either

greenlex
01-04-2013, 01:52 PM
We won't get past Falkirk IMO. Hope I'm wrang.

Ray_
01-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Reaching another scottish cup final shouldn't be underestimated. I will be 38 when this years game comes around and I've only been to 2 finals. I suspect most people haven't seen us in that many finals either

Reaching a final doesn't mean we are a good team though, we took Rangers to extra time in the third match and were desperately unlucky to lose the 1979 final, we were relegated the following season.

SMAXXA
01-04-2013, 02:16 PM
I think the title of this thread sums it up exactly for me

lord bunberry
01-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Reaching a final doesn't mean we are a good team though, we took Rangers to extra time in the third match and were desperately unlucky to lose the 1979 final, we were relegated the following season.

I'm not saying it makes us a good team. We were terrible last season and we got to a final. If you said at the start of the season we would win the cup and finish 9th most people would bite your hand off and that's still possible

Hibercelona
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
We won't get past Falkirk IMO. Hope I'm wrong.

Not feeling confident about it at all.

We have too many players who will think the season is already over and they'll be too busy focusing on their holiday plans to have a clue whats going on during the game. :rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
01-04-2013, 03:09 PM

We have too many players who will think the season is already over and they'll be too busy focusing on their holiday plans to have a clue whats going on during the game. :rolleyes:

Do you seriously think that players in a Cup semi-final will think that their season is already over?

Sir David Gray
01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
I really hope the players don't read these threads, especially next Friday night before the semi!

If we're not confident about beating an average first division side in the semi final of the Scottish Cup then we really need to re-evaluate a few things.

Jonnyboy
01-04-2013, 10:41 PM

That's neither disappointment nor surprise. It's just plain silly :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2013, 06:04 AM
That's neither disappointment nor surprise. It's just plain silly :wink:

:agree:

Wonder if certain people will not be bothering with the final if we get through just in case we get beaten. What a friggin attitude. Of course we should not be complacent and of course we MAY get beaten but fer Christ's sakes if we cannot be confident against a mid table 1st Division side then as previously said we really do need a revaluation of the whole bloody setup. Secondly I hope to hell anyone feeling we cannot win stays well away from Hampden for the semi. Negative vibes from the terracing sure ain't gonna help the cause.

Aldo
02-04-2013, 06:41 AM

Wonder if certain people will not be bothering with the final if we get through just in case we get beaten. What a friggin attitude. Of course we should not be complacent and of course we MAY get beaten but fer Christ's sakes if we cannot be confident against a mid table 1st Division side then as previously said we really do need a revaluation of the whole bloody setup. Secondly I hope to hell anyone feeling we cannot win stays well away from Hampden for the semi. Negative vibes from the terracing sure ain't gonna help the cause.

It will be a very hard game a week on Sat and we need to show them a wee bit of respect but not too much. its about attitude and i am more than certain that this will get drummed into the players. Sleeves rolled up from the off and showing the fans how much it means to them pulling on the jersey. will but up for it....

As for negativity.... There is enough on here sometimes to sink a battleship and I really do hope folk leave it on here.

Nailrod
02-04-2013, 07:06 AM
...fer Christ's sakes if we cannot be confident against a mid table 1st Division side... We can't.

...then as previously said we really do need a revaluation of the whole bloody setup...We do.

3pm
02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
We won't get past Falkirk IMO. Hope I'm wrang.

Yes we will. Won't be pretty but we'll do it.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2013, 07:20 AM
We can't.
We do.

Totally disagree mate and as previously said if you are going to be bricking it against Falkirk then don't bother going would be my advice. Obviously it is your choice whether you go or not but don't see why anyone would spend money on something they "know" will turn out badly.

Nailrod
02-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Totally disagree mate If you totally disagree with the fact that we need to completely re-evaluate the set-up then presumably you think that:
1. there's a plan, and
2. things are going pretty much according to that plan.

If that's the case I wish you would tell me what the plan is, and when we're actually going to see some real improvement as opposed to some completely imaginary "improvement".

...and as previously said if you are going to be bricking it against Falkirk then don't bother going would be my advice... Your advice isn't necessary. I won't be there. Not because I'd be "bricking it", but because I made a decision some time ago that I wouldn't be spending any more time and money on Hibs matches until there are some fundamental changes at the club.

I live in China, and there was once a time when I would probably have flown back from China for a semi-final. Now as it happens I'll be in London for family reasons for the week of the semi. My brother got me a ticket and I told him "thanks but no thanks".

Aldo
02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
We can't.
We do.

We will get by Falkirk but it won't be easy. It's about attitude and making sure we want it more than them. Yes we have been utterly woeful at times this season but I really do think we'll win this.

If we can play like we played against Utd and Killie away then I'm sorry Falkirk will really struggle.

I for one will be there backing the team knowing we are o ne game away from another SCF.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2013, 07:56 AM
If you totally disagree with the fact that we need to completely re-evaluate the set-up then presumably you think that:
1. there's a plan, and
2. things are going pretty much according to that plan.

If that's the case I wish you would tell me what the plan is, and when we're actually going to see some real improvement as opposed to some completely imaginary "improvement".
Your advice isn't necessary. I won't be there. Not because I'd be "bricking it", but because I made a decision some time ago that I wouldn't be spending any more time and money on Hibs matches until there are some fundamental changes at the club.

I live in China, and there was once a time when I would probably have flown back from China for a semi-final. Now as it happens I'll be in London for family reasons for the week of the semi. My brother got me a ticket and I told him "thanks but no thanks".

Disagreeing with the first negates in this context, in my opinion, the second. What a silly question asking me what the plan is. How the heck should I know? I know I support Hibernian Football Club and unfortunately it is for me an unconditional support. I shall miss the semi as well (in Nigeria). I will however be at the Final.

Glory Glory.

Golden Bear
02-04-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm not confident about beating Falkirk either.

The thought that Falkirk are a mere stepping stone for us on our route to the final is frankly ridiculous.

We struggle to score goals, we struggle even to create chances and the next gaff is never far away for our shaky defence. Regardless of the opposition, we're always going to struggle under these circumstances.

Nailrod
02-04-2013, 08:18 AM
I shall miss the semi as well (in Nigeria). I will however be at the Final. Glory Glory.Good luck.

1. I hope you are, and
2. I hope your resilience is rewarded

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm not confident about beating Falkirk either.

The thought that Falkirk are a mere stepping stone for us on our route to the final is frankly ridiculous.

We struggle to score goals, we struggle even to create chances and the next gaff is never far away for our shaky defence. Regardless of the opposition, we're always going to struggle under these circumstances.

Dont think anyone is saying they are a stepping stone GB. They are however totally beatable and we should be more than capable of beating them. There is a difference between being over confident and being confident. I am confident we will beat them.

#FromTheCapital
02-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I'm quietly confident that we will win the semi but also fully aware that we are hibs and this is exactly the type of game that we have lost far too often in recent years. I would like to say that Fenlon has got us out of this habit after some of the smaller teams we knocked out en route to hampden last year, but then I remember getting knocked out of the league cup by QoS earlier this season. I think we will need to score early to settle the nerves of the players and fans.

JimBHibees
02-04-2013, 08:34 AM
The bottom line is that we have a wonderful opportunity to get to a final playing against a team from a lower division. It doesnt get much better than that especially given our SC record. It will be tough though as we are on a poor run of recent form however we have played well in the cup games.

Scouse Hibee
02-04-2013, 08:40 AM

Aye right then!

I have never felt confident going into any game this season due to the inconsistancy that we produce on the pitch so the semi is no different to any other game to me. I would suggest though that our players will be fully focussed on reaching the final.

KeithTheHibby
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Any other team playing a lower division in a cup semi would be brimming with confidence, not our support. Well some of it.

I am not saying that we should just expect to turn up but FFS, it's Falkirk, a mid table SFL club with a team that averages about 22 in age!
I have only heard of one of their players, the lad Taylor up front. The rest of them are nobodies.

If we lose it will be down to attitude, not ability.

GGTTH.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Any other team playing a lower division in a cup semi would be brimming with confidence, not our support. Well some of it.

I am not saying that we should just expect to turn up but FFS, it's Falkirk, a mid table SFL club with a team that averages about 22 in age!
I have only heard of one of their players, the lad Taylor up front. The rest of them are nobodies.

GGTTH.

Golden Bear
02-04-2013, 02:47 PM

GGTTH.

:rolleyes:

That's just the sort of statement you or anybody else should not be making!