PDA

View Full Version : "We can't keep sacking managers..."

AL-Qaholik
01-04-2013, 10:41 AM
On every thread at the moment, this seems to be pretty much the only criteria by which folk believe Fenlon shouldn't be emptied.
Does anybody actually have a better reason not to start asking serious questions about his position?

Performances and results since November have been as bad as anything under CC/Yogi/Mixu/Blobby - and at a time when the league as a whole is of a MUCH lower standard...

For me, winning the cup is now the ONLY thing that should keep Fenlon in a job - and even then, I'd be eternally grateful to him but still fearful for our league campaign next season.

Are there actually any real genuine signs that suggest Fenlon will ever have us playing any differently/better than we currently are?

Right, I'm off to purchase a razor blade or two...

Stevie Reid
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
On every thread at the moment, this seems to be pretty much the only criteria by which folk believe Fenlon shouldn't be emptied.
Does anybody actually have a better reason not to start asking serious questions about his position?

Performances and results since November have been as bad as anything under CC/Yogi/Mixu/Blobby - and at a time when the league as a whole is of a MUCH lower standard...

For me, winning the cup is now the ONLY thing that should keep Fenlon in a job - and even then, I'd be eternally grateful to him but still fearful for our league campaign next season.

Are there actually any real genuine signs that suggest Fenlon will ever have us playing any differently/better than we currently are?

I just contributed to one of the many threads running on this subject at the moment - I stated why I felt Fenlon should stay for the time being and didn't use that phrase once.

blackpoolhibs
01-04-2013, 10:48 AM
We also cant keep under performing, managers need to get results, the job demands that.

Love the Green
01-04-2013, 10:50 AM

Even if they are hopeless like the current one.

"keep the faith":agree:

MB62
01-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Summer is going to be a huge time for both us and P.F.
He has been trying to turn things around since taking over and I have to say, we are slightly better this season than last.
However, if progression is gradual at the moment, then the summer is when Pat has to move us forward to the next stage by signing better than we have at the moment. His problem is, once again, where does he start? as every area of the team is lacking and if/when we lose Griffiths, then we need three strikers in for next season.
IMO, he has until the dreaded AGM to show that his summer signings are improving the team, and if not, then a wee phone call to Motherwell or Inverness might be on the cards for oor Rod.

LancsHibs
01-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Summer is going to be a huge time for both us and P.F.
He has been trying to turn things around since taking over and I have to say, we are slightly better this season than last.
However, if progression is gradual at the moment, then the summer is when Pat has to move us forward to the next stage by signing better than we have at the moment. His problem is, once again, where does he start? as every area of the team is lacking and if/when we lose Griffiths, then we need three strikers in for next season.
IMO, he has until the dreaded AGM to show that his summer signings are improving the team, and if not, then a wee phone call to Motherwell or Inverness might be on the cards for oor Rod.

When exactly is the AGM?

MrSmith
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Pat away! Fan pressure again!

www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news

LancsHibs
01-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Pat away! Fan pressure again!

www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news

Your link isn't working and can't get on official site! WHAT IS GOING ON???

lyonhibs
01-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Your link isn't working and can't get on official site! WHAT IS GOING ON???

Obviously the world's shannest April Fool's joke.

BT58
01-04-2013, 02:20 PM
hook line and,,,,,,,:greengrin:greengrin
bt

MrSmith
01-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Sorry couldn't resist. Anyone thinking PF should be away needs to rethink fairly drastically, their stance.

LancsHibs
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
:blushie: ha ha didn't believe you for a second :wink: