PDA

View Full Version : Do we just accept Thomson now

maturehibby
31-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Noone has posted about his diabolical refereeing yesterday - again - you can guarentee only one thing from him that is when Hibs need a result and he is in the middle you wont get it - when Butcher took the Inverness team to the handful of fans that had come down i felt he should have went with them and took the accolades too

CropleyWasGod
31-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Noone has posted about his diabolical refereeing yesterday - again - you can guarentee only one thing from him that is when Hibs need a result and he is in the middle you wont get it - when Butcher took the Inverness team to the handful of fans that had come down i felt he should have went with them and took the accolades too

I thought that, up until the penalty shout in the second half, we got the better of the 50/50 decisions from him. Indeed, in the run-up to that, ICT had a good shout for a foul.

Emerald
31-03-2013, 04:59 PM

He wasn't that bad yesterday and in no way does he take responsibility for our defeat. The auld guy near us who always come out with some gems spouted "Thomson, I've gone off you, I've tried to love you but its no working" :rotflmao:

Capt Mainwaring
31-03-2013, 05:07 PM

I think you're kidding yourself on if you think the Referee was the reason we got beaten yesterday. If Thomson made as many mistakes as our players then I'd see your point.

The league table does not lie I'm afraid

marinello59
31-03-2013, 05:09 PM

The ref had no influence on the outcome yesterday. None.

SmashinGlass
31-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I thought that, up until the penalty shout in the second half, we got the better of the 50/50 decisions from him. Indeed, in the run-up to that, ICT had a good shout for a foul.

This. I thought he was poor, but equally poor for both sides. He had absolutely no influence on the result yesterday whatsoever. Whilst we can argue all day about the penalty claim, the simple fact is that we looked lacklustre and had no imagination in the attacking third, the result of which being that we were not creating chances. We didn't deserve to win, and for once, this clown had nothing to do with it.

Mr White
31-03-2013, 05:18 PM
He gave a good advantage after kt was fouled in the second half and booked the Caley offender when play stopped, I was surprised at what was good refereeing from him in hibs favour.

hibsbollah
31-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Thomson has either been neutral or favoured us in the 6 games we've had him.

matty_f
31-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I thought he was murder yesterday. Don't think the free kick for their 2nd was anywhere near a foul.

Fergus52
31-03-2013, 05:34 PM
He wasn't that bad yesterday and in no way does he take responsibility for our defeat. The auld guy near us who always come out with some gems spouted "Thomson, I've gone off you, I've tried to love you but its no working" :rotflmao:

is that in the middle of the east, quite close to the front?

There's an old guy there with glasses who comes out with some pretty funny stuff like that most games

Emerald
31-03-2013, 05:35 PM
is that in the middle of the east, quite close to the front?

There's an old guy there with glasses who comes out with some pretty funny stuff like that most games

That's the one:aok:

SaulGoodman
31-03-2013, 05:36 PM
He gave a good advantage after kt was fouled in the second half and booked the Caley offender when play stopped, I was surprised at what was good refereeing from him in hibs favour.

That's because, despite what people think, Thompson has nothing against Hibs.

It's a bit embarrassing if we think otherwise imo

maturehibby
31-03-2013, 05:43 PM
I never said he influenced the game except for the blatent handball at a corner when a Inverness hand took the ball off McGiverns head and he was surrounded by all the Hibs players for not spotting it and it was at his side and if a penalty was given and scored it would have given us a draw - which I felt we at least deserved - his overall performance for a Refereee who is going to the World cup final in Brazil - is not up to the standard of the world cup -.
Today another FIFA referee Madden had a howler at St Mirren park not giving a penalty which was and then giving a penalty when it was not and also disallowing a perfectly good St Mirren goal - the list goes on Muir at Tannadice and the tosser against the Hearts too - Willie Colum keeping Tattoo man on against us and a host more

Hainan Hibs
31-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Nah he is still a hun:agree:

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2013, 06:05 PM
I thought this was a thread about KT :greengrin

spike220
01-04-2013, 04:38 AM
I thought this was a thread about KT :greengrin

Same here, I can put my hand bag away now!