PDA

View Full Version : Team for Next Season

jamie-fairbairn
31-03-2013, 12:47 PM
provided we can keep some of the players we have atm, I think we have the makings of a good young squad. imo all we need is a righ midfielder and a target man to play with Leigh up top. thoughts fellow hibees?

GK. Williams
RB. Clancy
CB. McPake
CB. Hanlon
LB. McGivern
LM. Harris
CM. Thomson
CM. Robertson
RM. New Player
ST. Griffiths
ST. New Player

ian cruise
31-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Think Harris can okay right and we would have Craig for left mid. Need more depth though. That first eleven is fine but if someone is off form then we need capable people to come in. That's where we lack in most areas.

HibernianJK
31-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Williams
Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
New

Claros

Craig
Cairney
Harris

New
Caldwell/Handling

This is assuming we don't keep Mcgivern and Griffiths. I think we may be able to hold on to Claros

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Scary stuff ahead!

Heisenberg
31-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
New Player

Harris
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

New Player
New Player

This is obviously assuming we don't keep any of the three loan players. Forgot about Cairney, would prefer him in at centre mid providing Thomson stays too. Would mean we have a good balance with one sitting and one going forward instead of the current defensive midfield trio we have.

Jones28
31-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Assuming we don't keep the loanees and Thomson doesn't renew his contract:

Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Stevenson

New player
Robertson
Craig
Cairney

New player
New player

DH1875
31-03-2013, 01:20 PM
provided we can keep some of the players we have atm, I think we have the makings of a good young squad. imo all we need is a righ midfielder and a target man to play with Leigh up top. thoughts fellow hibees?

GK. Williams
RB. Clancy
CB. McPake
CB. Hanlon
LB. McGivern
LM. Harris
CM. Thomson
CM. Robertson
RM. New Player
ST. Griffiths
ST. New Player

Can't see McGivern or Thomson being here next season. Griffiths is touch and go and as as much as I wan't him to stay I doubt he will. Take him and Claros out the team and I see another dodgy season ahead.

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-03-2013, 01:21 PM
If we dont keep our loans and Thomson. Obviously a lot better if we can keep Griffiths, Claros, McGivern and Thomson who would all be starters.

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New Player
New Player

Craig
New Player
New Player
New Player

New Player
New Player

Ozyhibby
31-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm amazed people want to keep so many of the current team who are performing so abysmally.

jdships
31-03-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm amazed people want to keep so many of the current team who are performing so abysmally.

:agree:

Heisenberg
31-03-2013, 02:00 PM
If we dont keep our loans and Thomson. Obviously a lot better if we can keep Griffiths, Claros, McGivern and Thomson who would all be starters.

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New Player
New Player

Craig
New Player
New Player
New Player

New Player
New Player

Why get rid of Hanlon? He's been better than Mcpake this season IMO.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2013, 02:09 PM

By a country mile.

Theres some who just don't want to see this though.

SteveHFC
31-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Williams

New RB
New CB
Hanlon/McPake
New LB (If McGivern goes)

New RM
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

New Str
New Str

J-C
31-03-2013, 02:26 PM
..........................................Williams ................................................

Clancy.............McPake......................... ....Hanlon.................New Player

.........................Robertson...............S tevenson................................

Harris.............................,,,Cairney..... ..................................Craig.......

..................................New Player/Handling...................................

Remember this is going by who we have and Craig being the only player signed as yet, this may all change come summer.

AlbertK86
31-03-2013, 02:31 PM

Yep he has been better than mcpake but still cannae make a clearing header that goes more than 10 yards ..and still gets pushed all over the place by any reasonably sized Centre Forward. Not good enough for a CH in my opinion

Heisenberg
31-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Yep he has been better than mcpake but still cannae make a clearing header that goes more than 10 yards ..and still gets pushed all over the place by any reasonably sized Centre Forward. Not good enough for a CH in my opinion

All of those things could perfectly describe Mcpake this season too. Add in his poor positional sense and he's not looking great. Been a poor season from him as captain, need much better if they are going to go and create history at Hampden.

Green Fish
31-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Players come and go. I really can't see where KT can go, no other team in Scotland will go near him d with his abysmal injury history i tkink despite what he claims options down south will be limited.

I think we have a chance of LG and RM but if we dont new guys will come in.

Read the managers column in the programme and yesterday being the most important game of the season, what happened? We should have been into them from the start and we were treated to yet another lethargic, dull and predictable display.

Some need to go, starting with Deegan.

007 Mickey Weir
31-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Williams

New RB
New CB
Hanlon/McPake
New LB (If McGivern goes)

New RM
Thomson
Robertson
Craig

New Str
New Str

Got to agree with this. Free everyone we can like Doyle, Sponny, Deegan, Kujabi, Scott and Kuqi.

Then use that wage budget to try and secure Sparky and McGivern and also some strong SPL or First Div players.

Taylor, Erskine, Humphrey, Daly and the like.

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-03-2013, 03:06 PM
I think we'll struggle with most of our loanees. Preference must be with Griffiths and McGivern.

Williams will continue as no.1

Clancy, Hanlon, McPake. We need a new lb as Stevenson just isn't good enough, easy target for teams that play with tactics.

It would be great to see Thomson stay but I doubt it. Craig is coming in but I don't know if he's a winger, don't recall him having much pace?

Our centre midfield pairing could be Robertson and Craig but that's not really good, it's not bad either though.

We'll have Cairney and Harris but they are the only two with something about them. So that leaves a lot of cover required.

If Griffiths leaves we have Caldwell and Handling, unsure.

We need LB, RM, LM (both with pace), ST x2/3. That's six players if we lose our loans.

I'd like to see Deegan, Doyle, Done, Wotherspoon, Kuqi and Kujabi leave. Maybury should stay as he is experienced and by all accounts is a good influence on others.

Players I'd like to see: Taylor and Alston (both Falkirk). Davidson (St J).

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-03-2013, 03:16 PM

This...

.Sean.
31-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I hope we keep Wiliams but if offers come in we'll sell I fear.

hibee19
31-03-2013, 03:33 PM
We need a new starting rb, depth at CH, new rm, creative cm, at least one new strikers.

I'd be happy to keep

Williams
Hanlon
Mcgivern
Harris
Thompson
Robertson
Cairney
Griffiths

And Clancy and Stevenson are decent squad players.

Would like to see a couple decent signings but I'd really like to see what some of our young players have got.

EVENTUALLY
31-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Focus on our young players. Promote them instead of propping up a squad with the likes of Maybury and Kuqui. Harris looks the part. Stanton is very good and capable of using the ball very effectively. Imagine if Caldwell or Handling had been given a run of 6-8 games similar to Doyle who came on but has not kicked on again. That's what is said of youngsters a lot so why not at least give a few more of ours a chance. Tom Taiwo is ok but I'd have given Gold a few games. The best team of youngsters in the world were given a goal start and turned over by Hibs u19 in last years SYC but a few of them are now getting a chance at Tincastle. In my view Hibs U19 side last season had a good few players who have been held back by Maybury, Taiwo, Done and Doyle. Home grown youth is the future.

jdships
31-03-2013, 04:58 PM

No comparison between him and McStake ( sorry McPake)
Hanlon should be first pick IMO

Hibby Bairn
31-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Develop our young players. Get them on the pitch and give them game time.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Develop our young players. Get them on the pitch and give them game time.

That should be the strategy for the post split fixtures. Give some game time to Harris, Handling, Caldwell, Stanton and Foster to name a few

jdships
31-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Focus on our young players. Promote them instead of propping up a squad with the likes of Maybury and Kuqui. Harris looks the part. Stanton is very good and capable of using the ball very effectively. Imagine if Caldwell or Handling had been given a run of 6-8 games similar to Doyle who came on but has not kicked on again. That's what is said of youngsters a lot so why not at least give a few more of ours a chance. Tom Taiwo is ok but I'd have given Gold a few games. The best team of youngsters in the world were given a goal start and turned over by Hibs u19 in last years SYC but a few of them are now getting a chance at Tincastle. In my view Hibs U19 side last season had a good few players who have been held back by Maybury, Taiwo, Done and Doyle. Home grown youth is the future.

' Like your style '
I try to refrain from criticising managers for the simple reason that once the team is on the park that's it as far as he is concerned .
However the quality of player signed is his responsibility
Therefore cannot see any thing wrong in the remaining games to allow the youngsters to 'have a go'
We are safe from relegation . It's doubtful if any of the 'loanees' plus KT will be here next year so as you say let's go for it :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-03-2013, 05:10 PM
That should be the strategy for the post split fixtures. Give some game time to Harris, Handling, Caldwell, Stanton and Foster to name a few

That will only happen if we don't beat Falkirk.

The_Horde
31-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Williams

Clancy
Mcpake
Hanlon
Mcgivern/Stevenson

Harris
Thomson
Claros?
Robertson
Craig

Sparky/new big striker

Big Sexy Dave
31-03-2013, 05:29 PM
I've been told by a mate who drives the Kilmarnock team bus that Ryan O'Leary has signed for Hibs.

Billy Whizz
31-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I've been told by a mate who drives the Kilmarnock team bus that Ryan O'Leary has signed for Hibs.

That was rumoured around the time we were playing Killie in the Scottish cup. What's his best position, left back or centre back?

Big Sexy Dave
31-03-2013, 05:52 PM
That was rumoured around the time we were playing Killie in the Scottish cup. What's his best position, left back or centre back?

I'll Facebook him and get back to you but my missus dad thinks he's gash.

number9dream
31-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Terrifying if true...

hibee19
31-03-2013, 07:06 PM

We should be signing spl teams better players (Liam Craig) not their reserves.

SteveHFC
31-03-2013, 07:13 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llsgdmFjxF1qcez0do1_500.gif

number9dream
31-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Looks like Daffy is coming to terms with Griffiths, McGivern, Thomson and Claros moving on in the summer.
If that happens, there is some serious rebuilding to be done.

Scouse Hibee
31-03-2013, 07:54 PM

GK. Williams
RB. Clancy
CB. McPake
CB. Hanlon
LB. McGivern
LM. Harris
CM. Thomson
CM. Robertson
RM. New Player
ST. Griffiths
ST. New Player

You do realise that apart from Hanlon this makings of a good squad you talk about were all on the pitch yesterday?

Stringer
31-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Williams

Clancy. Mcpake. Hanlon. Stevenson

Robertson. Taiwo

Cairney . Craig. Harris/ Ronaldo

Caldwell

Up The Bracket
31-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Claros
Craig

Griffiths/New Striker

thebakerboy
31-03-2013, 08:38 PM
I do not understand why with our crowds (10k yesterday) compared to ICT Well and Killie we do not have better players than them , obviously we can afford them as none of these clubs are struggling but now keeping within their means. To this end from yesterdays ICT team I would be looking to try and take Tudor Jones , Forlan and Andy Shinnie at least plus at least a couple from Well and Killie , can't think apart from McFadden which ones but certainly think we should be able to take 6 to 9 players from these clubs. If we can't there is something seriously wrong at our club and it needs to be looked at , but I do think Fenlon should be given another season.

GreenArmy1875
31-03-2013, 10:05 PM
We should be looking at teams better players yes, the question is do these players see us as a step up? I dont think they do. We need 5/6 quality players in if not another dull season IMO will we get them doubt it

Hiber-nation
31-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Terrifying if true...

His Dad says its true anyway. Back-up centre half you would have thought...

hibee19
31-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Williams

Clancy
McPake
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Claros
Craig

Griffiths/New Striker

You want to go into next season without a forward thinking cm?

Green Fish
31-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Some players struggle at a club then flourish at another. If O'Leary signs for us, he'll be welcomed and given a fair chance

Big Sexy Dave
27-04-2013, 04:26 PM
On the Killie forum they say us, Motherwell and Sevco are in for Dayton, one even claims he was shown round the training ground last week "Apparently was being shown around the hibs traing ground last week." http://killiefc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=75709 he's a signing I'd be excited by unlike Flood or O'Leary.

sambajustice
27-04-2013, 04:31 PM
I think a new manager has to be the priority then take it from there!

AL-Qaholik
27-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Williams

New RB
New CH
New CH
New LB

Harris
Taiwo
Craig
New LM

New CF
New CF

New Manager!

Worrying times ahead, indeed...

HibeeHutch
27-04-2013, 07:18 PM

Williams

Clancy
McPake
New Player
New Player

Craig
New Player
New Player
New Player

New Player
New Player

As the above but probably minus Clancy. Hmmm. Maybe McPake too!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-04-2013, 10:21 PM
If we manage to keep the loanees etc..

Williams

Clancy/new
Mcpake?
Hanlon
Mcgivern/new (if we dont keep)

Craig
Thomson/new (if we dont keep)
Claros/new (if we dont keep)
Dayton

Griffiths/new (if we dont keep)
Daly/Higdon/Novak - any one of them will do.

JMac
27-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Very worried for our team next season without Leigh and Claros, could easily be another relegation fight