PDA

View Full Version : Work in progress

Pray4Marc
31-03-2013, 11:01 AM
We have had a few poor results last couple of weeks, cant deny that but there is plenty positives to take from those games. At times we play some nice football that we all want to see, but other times its like last season. Pat has certainly improved the side, the team is still progressing, players like Harris & Handling have been introduced at the right times and not being chucked in the deep end too much. They will be big players for us next season + more additions to the squad. Ourselves and Celtic are the only side in a good financial position, where as other sides will lose players in the summer due to dire finances. We will be up there next season, nailed on for Top 6. After that we will be even stronger IMO. People need to remember in our situation, its not 5F sprint in the team going forward, its a Grand National. Will take a season or 2.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Where are the funds coming from to replace all the loanees, a Hibs team minus Griffiths is a very scary proposition. Take Claros and McGivern out the squad and then its yet another rebuilding process on the horizon, not looking very promising and certainly not nailed on for a top 6 finish. One home league win since the middle of Nov isnae exactly top 6 form either.

sahib
31-03-2013, 11:14 AM
We have had a few poor results last couple of weeks, cant deny that but there is plenty positives to take from those games. At times we play some nice football that we all want to see, but other times its like last season. Pat has certainly improved the side, the team is still progressing, players like Harris & Handling have been introduced at the right times and not being chucked in the deep end too much. They will be big players for us next season + more additions to the squad. Ourselves and Celtic are the only side in a good financial position, where as other sides will lose players in the summer due to dire finances. We will be up there next season, nailed on for Top 6. After that we will be even stronger IMO. People need to remember in our situation, its not 5F sprint in the team going forward, its a Grand National. Will take a season or 2.

Thanks Pollyanna. :wink:

lyonhibs
31-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I thought from the thread title that this was a piss take, but no, it appears to be a serious OP.

If "we are still a work in progress" is to be an acceptable excuse, and if Hibs fans are meant to be happy that this is the case then something has gone very far wrong at both the training ground, boardroom and in our mentality as a support.

Bottom 6 must never, ever be excused. Except last season when the "CC effect" was nearly terminal.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2013, 12:22 PM
There has been absolutely no progress under Fenlon. We were 9th when he took over and I think we will be doing well to finish 9th this year.
Zero progress.

Aldo
31-03-2013, 12:27 PM
There has been absolutely no progress under Fenlon. We were 9th when he took over and I think we will be doing well to finish 9th this year.
Zero progress.

???? I am totally bemused by this post. Tell you what lets just get Calderclown back... Will that make you happy??

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 12:35 PM
We were making steady progress until the game at Dens in November and have been heading back to square one since then.

Onceinawhile
31-03-2013, 12:38 PM
7th would be progress, however not enough for me. 7 months of next season will be judgement time imo.

DH1875
31-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Where are the funds coming from to replace all the loanees, a Hibs team minus Griffiths is a very scary proposition. Take Claros and McGivern out the squad and then its yet another rebuilding process on the horizon, not looking very promising and certainly not nailed on for a top 6 finish. One home league win since the middle of Nov isnae exactly top 6 form either.

AND the football is kite 99% of the time :agree:.

FifeHibernian
31-03-2013, 01:17 PM
I remember at the start of the season most people were saying they'd be happy with 7th or even 8th. Looks like that's what we're on course for that. The team is not amazing but it is much better than last season and Pat is learning. Pat is probably never going to be our most glorious manager ever but he's taking us forward and steadying the team and the club. When we had Calderwood people were saying that they were dying for a manager like Pat. Well now we've got him. Yeah it's mediocre but it's miles away from last season and it's still improving. Sometimes I think some people secretly enjoy the 'rollercoaster' of a terrible manager like Calderwood. We need to stick with Pat until his job is done here.

FifeHibernian
31-03-2013, 01:20 PM
As for 'there has been no improvement' - Do you actually remember how unbelievably ***** Calderwood was? He was terrible. O'Hanlon in defence. Jesus wept. Oh my god Calderwood was so bad. If you can't see the improvement then you need a guide dog.

DH1875
31-03-2013, 01:24 PM
As for 'there has been no improvement' - Do you actually remember how unbelievably ***** Calderwood was? He was terrible. O'Hanlon in defence. Jesus wept. Oh my god Calderwood was so bad. If you can't see the improvement then you need a guide dog.

I think this is the problem. Calderwood was that bad that we are more than happy to put up with just about anything or anyone else.

Ozyhibby
31-03-2013, 01:25 PM
???? I am totally bemused by this post. Tell you what lets just get Calderclown back... Will that make you happy??

From where in my post do you get that I want Calderwood back?
The team is in freefall and you are defending the manager? What is your defence. I've explained that I see no progress since Calderwood who was garbage. We are still garbage.
And don't say look what he was left with. Not a single player in yesterday's starting line up was not signed or re signed by Pat. And we are still crap.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah it's mediocre but it's miles away from last season and it's still improving.

Is this what following Hibs has come down to these days? In a league devoid of Rangers and a Hearts team reduced to a shadow of their previously overspending selves Hibs still cannae make it into the top 6 in the worst SPL ever. We've not improved since mid Nov either.

Aldo
31-03-2013, 01:36 PM
From where in my post do you get that I want Calderwood back?
The team is in freefall and you are defending the manager? What is your defence. I've explained that I see no progress since Calderwood who was garbage. We are still garbage.
And don't say look what he was left with. Not a single player in yesterday's starting line up was not signed or re signed by Pat. And we are still crap.

Yes I am defending the manager as at this current time he is the manager if our team. I have seen enough improvement, yes improvement in the team from the previous manager to see this.

There are quite a few folk in this board that think you can just flick a switch and Heay presto a all signing and dancing football teAm with free flowing football.

I will judge Fenlon after Xmas next season as for me he would of beein charge 2 years (or there or there about).

Massive job to turn a club round in such a short period of time tbh.

Let's face it we've been in free fall since winning the CIS Cup in 2007. We should of kicked on but we didn't.

So basically what your saying is we're as bad as when CC was in charge??

Weir7
31-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Yes I am defending the manager as at this current time he is the manager if our team. I have seen enough improvement, yes improvement in the team from the previous manager to see this.

There are quite a few folk in this board that think you can just flick a switch and Heay presto a all signing and dancing football teAm with free flowing football.

I will judge Fenlon after Xmas next season as for me he would of beein charge 2 years (or there or there about).

Let's face it we've been in free fall since winning the CIS Cup in 2007. We should of kicked on but we didn't.

Fenlon has ment to have made us better than CC did. Wow what an achievement. That statement sums how why we are in a state.

We are crap and too many fans think that's ok

Aldo
31-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Fenlon has ment to have made us better than CC did. Wow what an achievement. That statement sums how why we are in a state.

Folk just expecting too much too soon. Looking at other teams etc etc etc.

Lets face it it doesn't matter who we sign folk on here will think they are crap and not good enough regardless.

O and we are better than CC's team. Folk just looking for excuses.

We have played very well at times this season and most recently Utd away where I thought we actually played as a team.

DH1875
31-03-2013, 01:52 PM

:top marks This :agree:.

Because we were utter kite under CC it's OK that we are just crap these days. And here's the thing. IF we are gonna lose, can we lose with a product on the park the doesn't make the eyes bleed.

Aldo
31-03-2013, 02:00 PM
:top marks This :agree:.

Because we were utter kite under CC it's OK that we are just crap these days. And here's the thing. IF we are gonna lose, can we lose with a product on the park the doesn't make the eyes bleed.

Tell you what you can have your free flowing non eye bleeding football and get beaten more often than winning every week

DH1875
31-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Tell you what you can have your free flowing non eye bleeding football and get beaten more often than winning every week

Aldo
31-03-2013, 02:04 PM
People have to lower their expectations tbh. I dont want us to lose week in week out but to say we've made no improvement since CC is daft.

My opinion mind

Ozyhibby
31-03-2013, 02:05 PM

We've won 10 and lost 12 this season. And the football makes your eyes bleed.

Weir7
31-03-2013, 02:05 PM

How many games has fenlon won in SPL? Also, how many punters has fenlon attarcted? We all know they game in their droves to watch moggas free flowing footie

loanheadhibby
31-03-2013, 02:08 PM

Lets face it it doesn't matter who we sign folk on here will think they are crap and not good enough regardless.

We have played very well at times this season and most recently Utd away where I thought we actually played as a team.

Too much too soon? We are playing in the spl and not la liga! Not making top 6 is a complete failure of a season league wise and pat has acknowledge himself it is failure to not make top 6.

I hoped that pat would be the man as let's face it we all want hibs to be doing well, but we are in relegation form. Pat has had enough time to turn it round but seems to be out with his ability.

no point keeping a manager in the hope he turns it round. Time for change.

Aldo
31-03-2013, 02:10 PM
How many games has fenlon won in SPL? Also, how many punters has fenlon attarcted? We all know they game in their droves to watch moggas free flowing footie

The problems is mate is that we don't have the players of that era and tbh I don't think we will see the club produce so many at the same time for a while.

The most frustrating thing for me is that after the CIS win we should of pushed on but instead we went back.

I want a winning team but I am realistic and I am really hoping we can play like we played against Utd away against Falkirk and hope the players want it too

Emerald
31-03-2013, 02:11 PM
People have to lower their expectations tbh. I dont want us to lose week in week out but to say we've made no improvement since CC is daft.

My opinion mind

Why do people have to lower their expectations???? We are football fans FFS and want to see our team entertain, win and give us something to be proud of. I actually take offence when anyone tells me to lower my expectations of where Hibs should be. I expect them to be the very best they can be and will NOT settle for mediocre crap and don't expect any other Hibs fan to settle for it either.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Why do people have to lower their expectations???? We are football fans FFS and want to see our team entertain, win and give us something to be proud of. I actually take offence when anyone tells me to lower my expectations of where Hibs should be. I expect them to be the very best they can be and will NOT settle for mediocre crap and don't expect any other Hibs fan to settle for it either.

Seems reasonable enough to me.

DH1875
31-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Spot on. Do I expect to win the league, NO, but the least we should be doing is challenging the likes of ICT, Ross County and St Johnstone. It's a joke that so many of us now think it's acceptable to plod on like this.

HoboHarry
31-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Too much too soon? We are playing in the spl and not la liga! Not making top 6 is a complete failure of a season league wise and pat has acknowledge himself it is failure to not make top 6.

I hoped that pat would be the man as let's face it we all want hibs to be doing well, but we are in relegation form. Pat has had enough time to turn it round but seems to be out with his ability.

no point keeping a manager in the hope he turns it round. Time for change.
Who?

hibee19
31-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Every team is always a work in progress. Let's not make excuses for another failed league campaign.

Green Fish
31-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I think bringing guys in like Harris is encouraging but to me it was obvious that later on he had too much to do on his own. In contrast playing Deegan is a step bakwards as he is utterly crap.

Im hoping it was only because Claros was out.

From now, until the end of the in the league, PF should give some other young players a run out.

Emerald
31-03-2013, 03:53 PM
I think bringing guys in like Harris is encouraging but to me it was obvious that later on he had too much to do on his own. In contrast playing Deegan is a step bakwards as he is utterly crap.

Im hoping it was only because Claros was out.

From now, until the end of the in the league, PF should give some other young players a run out.

Totally agree. Harris looks a star in the making, I would also like to get Booth back. Blooding the youngsters is the way forward and I would rather see that than the likes of Deegan and the utterly useless Done (why, just fffn why)?

Steve-O
31-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Pretty sure Hibs are perpetually a work in progress?

I recall Williamson talking about a 'transitional period' and apart from the Mowbray seasons, we've been in f-ing 'transition' ever since!

Emerald
31-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Pretty sure Hibs are perpetually a work in progress?

I recall Williamson talking about a 'transitional period' and apart from the Mowbray seasons, we've been in f-ing 'transition' ever since!

I would replace transition with decline.

Steve-O
31-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Indeed, the transition has been from 'bad', to 'worse'! And so it goes on...

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Apart from 1 season when we finished 4th under Hughes. :offski:

Spike Mandela
31-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Some improvement has been made in the team from last year, let's be honest it would be difficult for it to have got worse.:rolleyes:

If I am brutally honest all the teams in the top six have been better than us, with the possible exception of Killie and whilst it is disappointing to drop out of the top six so close to the split it is probably a true reflection of how far any progress this year has went as a team.

The whole season pretty much hinges on the cup now and the banana skin of Falkirk is a massive game but make the final again and the season would look a whole lot rosier.

Lucius Apuleius
01-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Some improvement has been made in the team from last year, let's be honest it would be difficult for it to have got worse.:rolleyes:

If I am brutally honest all the teams in the top six have been better than us, with the possible exception of Killie and whilst it is disappointing to drop out of the top six so close to the split it is probably a true reflection of how far any progress this year has went as a team.

The whole season pretty much hinges on the cup now and the banana skin of Falkirk is a massive game but make the final again and the season would look a whole lot rosier.

Not to some it wouldn't Spike. Certain people were anti Fenlon from the start and they are becoming more vocal and noticeable on this board.

Personally I do not see myself as anyone who has the right to judge another man so I cannot get my head round this "I will give him until xxxxxxxx" patter. Very condescending IMO.

As an aside, you still on the Alloa bus? Missus and older brat and my mate will be getting on it. Hopefully it goes through Denny. :greengrin

Heisenberg
01-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I'd say our scouting system, or lack of, has been a major part of our downfall in recent years. Whilst ICT are going out and picking up Ross Draper and Billy McKay on free transfers we are scrambling around signing the likes of Shefki Kuqi. It's good to see Pat is getting it sorted but it should've been done way before he was even at the club.

lord bunberry
01-04-2013, 08:59 AM
If we win the semi everyone will forget about the league this season and be focussed on the final. A win in the semi would probably get us into europe and if we win the cup fenlon will be a hero. A cup final will buy him time but he really needs to hit the ground running next season as more of the same will see him sacked before the agm

WHUHibs
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM

Sorry your talking MINCE!

Nobody for one moment would say that we want Calderwood back,,in fact Mickey Mouse would have been an improvement!!

Sorry but Fenlon has been able to bring in players and quite often his tactics are devoid of any reason,,especially not being able to change the game if its not going well. Apart from a couple of good results this season the rest have been gash,,take for instance that short trip to Ross county, cost a fortune, freezes my bollocks off and wondered why 5 hours in a car and 120 quid later it was ok to be mediocre!

Poor division, great opportunity for us to get into Europe,,,and guess what we failed,,mediocre wins again.

Hibs have a fine support, lovely stadium, superb training facilities, strong fans group helping the club and we still can't get into top 6,,,

Sorry your entitled to your views, happy to disagree,,, we deserve better and anyone who justifies work in progress over the last 10 years well I for one would like to see work completed!

Golden Bear
01-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Sorry your talking MINCE!

Nobody for one moment would say that we want Calderwood back,,in fact Mickey Mouse would have been an improvement!!

Sorry but Fenlon has been able to bring in players and quite often his tactics are devoid of any reason,,especially not being able to change the game if its not going well. Apart from a couple of good results this season the rest have been gash,,take for instance that short trip to Ross county, cost a fortune, freezes my bollocks off and wondered why 5 hours in a car and 120 quid later it was ok to be mediocre!

Poor division, great opportunity for us to get into Europe,,,and guess what we failed,,mediocre wins again.

Hibs have a fine support, lovely stadium, superb training facilities, strong fans group helping the club and we still can't get into top 6,,,

Sorry your entitled to your views, happy to disagree,,, we deserve better and anyone who justifies work in progress over the last 10 years well I for one would like to see work completed!

:agree:

The demise of Rangers, the ongoing troubles at Tynie and our relatively strong position when compared with our other SPL rivals should have made this season an ideal opportunity for Hibs to move forward.

We haven't done that,or even came remotely close to doing so, and that, I'm afraid, really is a FACT.