PDA

View Full Version : Now Is Not The Time To Judge Fenlon

smurf
31-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Win two games in the Scottish Cup.

And the first is against a mid table first division side.

Our season is now the Scottish Cup. Let's park the questions and answers folks, and focus on that.

We can do it.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2013, 11:15 AM
I disagree, a manager will be constantly judged on each and every challenge he has. He's failed in the league and league cup, and so far has done very well in the Scottish cup.

heretoday
31-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Fenlon's done well considering what he has to work with. Would anyone else have done any better? No one springs to mind except maybe Mourinho.

smurf
31-03-2013, 11:22 AM
I disagree, a manager will be constantly judged on each and every challenge he has. He's failed in the league and league cup, and so far has done very well in the Scottish cup.

I think you are missing the point. Are you suggesting now is the time to evaluate his performance? We should focus everything on hopefully the remaining two Scottish Cup games then evaluate. There will be good time for honest appraisal of his performance, but surely not when we are possibly only two games away.....

Scottie
Fenlon's done well considering what he has to work with. Would anyone else have done any better? No one springs to mind except maybe Mourinho.

Behave !
I'm all for loyalty but the way results and performances have been going he's not cutting it.
Any manager worth a wa=k gets the best out of his players but PF can't.Out of his depth.

IFONLY

He is working with players he has brought to the club!!!!!!!!!

smurf
31-03-2013, 11:24 AM

I would disagree but maybe when we can fully evaluate it would be fairer.

BoltonHibee
31-03-2013, 11:24 AM

The worm has finally turned

smurf
31-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Behave !
I'm all for loyalty but the way results and performances have been going he's not cutting it.
Any manager worth a wa=k gets the best out of his players but PF can't.Out of his depth.

That is possibly true, but we win two games in the Scottish Cup, then everything changes as it will have been the most successful season in our lifetime. Let's support the team, club and manager until we can properly evaluate our season?

crieffhibee
31-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Lets not forget what we can still achieve this year, and if we do PF will go down in history as one of the greats

Lmc2105
31-03-2013, 11:33 AM
his aim was to get top six football. that hasnt been done. yes we have the scottish cup, but does that just crack over the issues we have? mixu and hughes made the top six and got shifted.

smurf
31-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Lets not forget what we can still achieve this year, and if we do PF will go down in history as one of the greats

Exactly. Absolute madness to go all introspective at this time. We need to get right behind our club for a huge game in 13 days time. As long as we are in the Scottish Cup our season is very much ALIVE.

smurf
31-03-2013, 11:37 AM
his aim was to get top six football. that hasnt been done. yes we have the scottish cup, but does that just crack over the issues we have? mixu and hughes made the top six and got shifted.

Top six is where we should be. But I know no Hibby who will pay any attention to bottom six or top six season 2012/2013 should we finish it by winning at Hampden on two visits in April and May.

Time For Heroes
31-03-2013, 11:38 AM
All I wanted to see from Hibs this year is progress, yes that word again!
If you offered me our current situation after last year id have taken it HAPPILY, i think the real test will be next season, then we can see how Fenlon has done. Lots to look forward too, lets back the player and the manager and see how we go.
Rome wasnt built in a day...
:flag:

Lmc2105
31-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Mikey
31-03-2013, 11:48 AM
What the wee blue chap is clearly saying here is that there's the whole summer to rip the club to shreds. It would be best to give them as much support as possible while we're still in the cup, or if you can't do that at least hold off for a few weeks before giving them both barrels.

I'm really looking forward to the summer break......... as I'll be away for most of it :greengrin

Heisenberg
31-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Hughes got shifted after failing to stop an alarming slide at the start of his second season. I'd think PF could be in the same boat next season (unless he does the unthinkable of course).

smurf
31-03-2013, 11:53 AM
What the wee blue chap is clearly saying here is that there's the whole summer to rip the club to shreds. It would be best to give them as much support as possible while we're still in the cup, or if you can't do that at least hold off for a few weeks before giving them both barrels.

I'm really looking forward to the summer break......... as I'll be away for most of it :greengrin

Why would you want to be away when there is a big party?!?

We are most certainly not favourites for glory but why folk want to evaluate now when the season is still very much on is baffling.

Mikey
31-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Why would you want to be away when there is a big party?!?

We are most certainly not favourites for glory but why folk want to evaluate now when the season is still very much on is baffling.

Closed season is by far the worst time on here. By a long way :greengrin

Agree about keeping a lid on things while we're in the cup though.

DH1875
31-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm getting very confused as it appears to me a lot of our fans are taking a cup final spot as granted. Way I see it is that if we win the cup, he keeps his job. If we lose a tight game in the final and finish 7/8 in the league then he probably keeps his job. If we get humped in the final and finish 8/9 then questions will have to be asked and if the worst happens and we lose to Falkirk and finish any lower than 7th then sorry but he will need to go.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2013, 01:21 PM
I think you are missing the point. Are you suggesting now is the time to evaluate his performance? We should focus everything on hopefully the remaining two Scottish Cup games then evaluate. There will be good time for honest appraisal of his performance, but surely not when we are possibly only two games away.....

I agree with your point, but i will still judge each and every result and each competition we play in. Then at the end of each season i will add everything up and make my assumptions on it as a whole too.

Keith_M
31-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Win two games in the Scottish Cup.

And the first is against a mid table first division side.

Wow, is that all? Sounds so easy when you put it like that.

We HAVE to be considered favourites for the semi-final, though you never know, but this side will get pumped sideways if they reach the final against Celtc. So, that's pretty much the same as last season.

In the league, by Fenlon's own admission, not getting the top six is a failure. Considering that to do that we have to beat Celtc at Parkhead and hope other results go our way, I think we can consider that out of the question. So by Fenlon's own admission, unless a miracle happens, he's failed.

It's now a matter of whether this team can lift themselves enough to finish a reasonable distance from 11th place. I'm no longer confident they can.

hibee19
31-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Even if we were to win the cup if Fenlon fails to at least make top 6 next year he's out.

iwasthere1972
31-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Stay above the Yams in the league and win the Scottish Cup would go down as our most successful year in yonks.

ahibby
31-03-2013, 04:57 PM
It could be argued from yesterdays game that Butcher is a better tactician and has a better eye for a player considering he must have a smaller budget than Pat. Pat got to the final last season and we all know how that ended and it wasn't all down to the referee. I have had my doubts about him and those doubts are getting stronger by the week.

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Stay above the Yams in the league and win the Scottish Cup would go down as our most successful year in yonks.

This.

So... Since we are 2 games from the most successful season jn a generation then for now the Fenlon haters should shut the **** up and back the manager

Emerald
31-03-2013, 05:15 PM
This.

So... Since we are 2 games from the most successful season jn a generation then for now the Fenlon haters should shut the **** up and back the manager

Two wins in the cup gives us the holy grail but only papers over the cracks of an absolute crap season, with a crap team, and a crap manager. I will celebrate whole heartily if this comes to pass but PF can also take the blame for the rest of the pish we've been watching. So I won't shut the **** up, sorry.

mentalhibee
31-03-2013, 05:16 PM
That is possibly true, but we win two games in the Scottish Cup, then everything changes as it will have been the most successful season in our lifetime. Let's support the team, club and manager until we can properly evaluate our season?

Well said mate!

Heisenberg
31-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Two wins in the cup gives us the holy grail but only papers over the cracks of an absolute crap season, with a crap team, and a crap manager. I will celebrate whole heartily if this comes to pass but PF can also take the blame for the rest of the pish we've been watching. So I won't shut the **** up, sorry.

So if we win the cup for the first time in 111 years you'll still be moaning? Get a grip.

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 05:18 PM

Winning the Scottish cup would paper over the cracks? Tell me you're having a laugh.

ahibby
31-03-2013, 05:20 PM
I can't believe that anyone fancies Hibs for the cup while Celtic are still in it. Getting to the final to be humped again is probably the best we can hope for. I know I am being defeatist but one man's defeatist is another's pragmatist. If we get to the final I will hopefully be there anyway hoping for a miracle but I haven't ever won anything on the lottery so I don't really believe in miracles.

Emerald
31-03-2013, 05:20 PM
So if we win the cup for the first time in 111 years you'll still be moaning? Get a grip.
We probably would only win by the odd goal. no good enough. Ask the wife, I moan for a living :greengrin

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I can't believe that anyone fancies Hibs for the cup while Celtic are still in it. Getting to the final to be humped again is probably the best we can hope for. I know I am being defeatist but one man's defeatist is another's pragmatist. If we get to the final I will hopefully be there anyway hoping for a miracle but I haven't ever won anything on the lottery so I don't really believe in miracles.

Why support Hibs if you don't believe in miracles? We are odds on to get beat most weeks?!

ahibby
31-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Why support Hibs if you don't believe in miracles? We are odds on to get beat most weeks?!

I like your avater. Back to your statement which is all the more reason why nobody should think the cup is a possibility.

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 05:27 PM
I like your avater. Back to your statement which is all the more reason why nobody should think the cup is a possibility.

Doesn't stop us hoping / praying/ begging though!!

As soon as Hibs get the effing cup won the better.

Emerald
31-03-2013, 05:29 PM
We probably would only win by the odd goal. no good enough. Ask the wife, I moan for a living :greengrin

I've just confirmed this fact with the very person. She agrees :agree:

Treadstone
31-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Can we not have our cake and eat it ?
Sack him after we win the cup!

iwasthere1972
31-03-2013, 05:32 PM

That's not what the lads down the boozer said. In fact they all said that it's your wife that does the moaning. :tin hat:

Emerald
31-03-2013, 05:33 PM
That's not what the lads down the boozer said. In fact they all said that it's your wife that does the moaning. :tin hat:

She usually screams first, so something doesn't add up :dunno:

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Can we not have our cake and eat it ?
Sack him after we win the cup!

Post of the day!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 05:39 PM
This.

Gie it a rest with that phrase will you not?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 05:44 PM
We are odds on to get beat most weeks?!

I'm glad I dinnae use your bookie! :greengrin

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Gie it a rest with that phrase will you not?

It's an accurate phrase to describe the idiots that want to sack another manager when

1. We are 180 minutes away from the best season in a generation

2. We are walking talking proof that sacking managers makes no difference

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2013, 05:54 PM
This.

Who are these Fenlon haters? :confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 06:00 PM
It's an accurate phrase

It really isn't. I don't think anybody has anything other than what's best for the club in mind when they post criticising the manager, we all have different opinions about how whats best for the club can be achieved though.
I haven't seen any indication of anyone saying they hate Fenlon, but, then again perhaps my limited mental capacity doesn't allow me to see it.

Emerald
31-03-2013, 06:06 PM
It really isn't. I don't think anybody has anything other than what's best for the club in mind when they post criticising the manager, we all have different opinions about how whats best for the club can be achieved though.
I haven't seen any indication of anyone saying they hate Fenlon, but, then again perhaps my limited mental capacity doesn't allow me to see it.

I agree. I don't think PF is the man for the job and never have. I have however really wanted him to be a success because he IS our manager and we're stuck with it. He is a really decent guy who is trying his hardest and good luck to him. No one hates him, they just don't think he is the right person for the job and that is an opinion people are entitled to. Whilst he is in charge I will have my moans on here but at the games he gets my undivided support each and every week :agree:

hibee19
31-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Winning the Scottish cup would paper over the cracks? Tell me you're having a laugh.

Say we win the cup but come next season are still 9th or 10th in the league playing god awful football, should Fenlon be spared because he won the cup?

hibbysam
31-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Say we win the cup but come next season are still 9th or 10th in the league playing god awful football, should Fenlon be spared because he won the cup?

If Pat Fenlon wins us the cup, he should be given a lifelong contract... Fact!

hibbysam
31-03-2013, 07:27 PM

Did you watch Celtic today? Or the two games between hibs and celtic this season? Or any other Celtic game domestically this season? Or any other game Celtic have been involved in at Hampden during Lennon's reign as manager? Why oh why would we fear playing Celtic?

yeezus.
31-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Did you watch Celtic today? Or the two games between hibs and celtic this season? Or any other Celtic game domestically this season? Or any other game Celtic have been involved in at Hampden during Lennon's reign as manager? Why oh why would we fear playing Celtic?

:agree: I think we have more chance of beating them than we do of beating Dundee United!

Steve20
31-03-2013, 07:52 PM
:agree: I think we have more chance of beating them than we do of beating Dundee United!

Celtic are better than Dundee Utd, so it's better Utd reach the final should we get there.

No chance at all we will win the cup though. None.

hibbydog
31-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Yes. All bets are off If we win the cup. I'm unlikely to give a flying one about anything else for a good number of years. That's how desperate we are unfortunately!

Fwiw, I think the most likely outcome is that we scrape past Falkirk, finish 8th (or so) in the league and get beat in the cup final.

Not great but not worthy of a sacking either

147lothian
31-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Does anyone remember the two seasons before Fenlon arrived? first we never got relegated because Hamilton were really really ****, next year we don't get relegated because Dunfermline were really really ****. Fenlon has improced the team made us harder to beat, etc, this sack the manager every year to 18 months gets the club no where, the time to look at things is after the season, lets leave it till then