PDA

View Full Version : Gary Deegan

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Please get this slow moving crab out of our club in the summer!! Is it just me that thinks he is awful??? All he does is foul, get booked every game and slow play down by passing sideways or backwards!!! Awful midfielder...

Stuarty27
31-03-2013, 06:55 AM
He was good when he first arrived, not half the player after his assault...

He used to be a Hardman on the park but nobody including himself believes that anymore

hibee19
31-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Please get this slow moving crab out of our club in the summer!! Is it just me that thinks he is awful??? All he does is foul, get booked every game and slow play down by passing sideways or backwards!!! Awful midfielder...

Could he take Kuqi, Kujabi, Doyle and Done with him.

Paddy has a good eye for a player...

spike220
31-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Sorry, but just cant agree with your wee rant, look at what he has replaced, we were whipping boys last season in the midfield, he might not be you cup of tea but he was brought in to do job and he does it. Played a blinder v Celtic when we won 1-0. They obvously have some respect for him, shame he cant get that from our some of our own 'fans'.

Hope PF plays him V Celtic he owned them last time.

GGTTH

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 07:59 AM
He had a good game about three months ago, thats alright then!

hibee_girl
31-03-2013, 09:14 AM
He was excellent when he arrived, exactly what we needed but since his return from the jaw break he's been a completely different player. He's so slow, he mistimes his tackles continuously and he's always looking to pass the ball backwards before forwards.

AJWisme
31-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I thought he was maybe ok when he first started, nothing special. However, the more and more I saw of him the less convinced I was. Personally, I think he is absolutely terrible. Worst centre midfielder at the club - and that is a horrendous thing to say with the midfield we have just now.

He doesn't have it IMO.

KeithTheHibby
31-03-2013, 09:29 AM
He is garbage, end of.

blackpoolhibs
31-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I have never know a player get caught in possession as much as he does these days, and although he started off well i'm not a fan.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Could he take Kuqi, Kujabi, Doyle and Done with him.

Paddy has a good eye for a player...

5-4-3-2-1....

Heisenberg
31-03-2013, 10:23 AM
He's been rancid since his return from injury. Can't pass. Can't tackle. Loses the ball. Fouls all the time.

Boyle89
31-03-2013, 10:29 AM
He's one of those players that you just know will get booked. He has it in him to be a success but I don't think it will be with us. He's even more one footed than fletch!

Pray4Marc
31-03-2013, 10:49 AM

I thought he played well 1st half, tried to play one touch passes at times to quicken the tempo and worked well with Thommo in the middle. Talking about slow. When Robertson came on all he did was slow the game down!. What about the goal that got us in the semi as well? We are a better side with Deegan in the team IMO. Never shys away from a tackle. Turned up in every Derby this season.

Borderhibbie76
31-03-2013, 12:22 PM
The usual so called fan remarks on here from some who dont agree with my opinions on Deegan!! I am a st holder, not missed a home match all season and I am yet to see Deegan "boss" a game and 1 decent performance against Celtic 3 months ago is nowhere near good enough. That is why we are currently a bottom 6 club, by accepting mediocrity and signing sub standard players like Deegan!
And yes I agree we have worse players in our squad but he came with the reputation of being a ball winning mf, I just dont see it!!

Hibeesforever
31-03-2013, 12:33 PM
The usual so called fan remarks on here from some who dont agree with my opinions on Deegan!! I am a st holder, not missed a home match all season and I am yet to see Deegan "boss" a game and 1 decent performance against Celtic 3 months ago is nowhere near good enough. That is why we are currently a bottom 6 club, by accepting mediocrity and signing sub standard players like Deegan!
And yes I agree we have worse players in our squad but he came with the reputation of being a ball winning mf, I just dont see it!!

Give the man a chance, he is the reason we are in the Semifinal of the Scottish Cup. Agree, he is no Thomson but adequate squad player.
Suffered because he, like other average footballers, has clearly spent too long in the gym rather than on the training ground.
Agree, that he should be spending all day practicing on his left foot.

Emerald
31-03-2013, 12:33 PM

Totally agree with all of that. However, for the first 30 minutes yesterday, I thought he was having a good game until normal service resumed. :rolleyes:

Onceinawhile
31-03-2013, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Hibeesforever;3551638]Give the man a chance, he is the reason we are in the Semifinal of the Scottish Cup. Agree, he is no Thomson but adequate squad player.
Suffered because he, like other average footballers, has clearly spent too long in the gym rather than on the training ground.
Agree, that he should be spending all day practicing on his left foot.[/QUOTE
He's the reason we're in the semi final? I must have missed his contribution in the quarters versus killie, but I thought sparkie's hat trick had more to do with it.

Don't rate him at all. 4th best cm we have at best.

Hibernia Na Eir
31-03-2013, 12:45 PM
He was good when he first arrived, not half the player after his assault...

He used to be a Hardman on the park but nobody including himself believes that anymore

absolutely bang on. the assualt has affected his life and his game.
Was it not a Hibs supporter who whacked him too?
maybe worth shipping some blame to his assailant.

Pretty Boy
31-03-2013, 01:31 PM
A player who fans will like initially because he throws himself into tackles, puts a boot in and seems to care. Eventually though most realise there is very little in the way of footballing quality there. What can Deegan do that Thomson or Claros can't do more effectively? Nothing.

Green Fish
31-03-2013, 02:51 PM
He has ability but he is brutal. He typifies what is wrong with the team, slow, dull, predictable and has no invention.

Hope he goes at the end the season.

Ricky Bobby
31-03-2013, 03:52 PM
I thought he was poor yesterday. His distribution was woeful and i can't recall him winning a tackle. A complete mystery to me why Paddy started with him instead of Robertson. When a half fit Thomson was our best midfielder it's pretty worrying.