PDA

View Full Version : At Least we'll pump the ****s.

Jo McBride
30-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Top 6 no chance now....We're definitely due (another) win against that lot, and derby win at Tynie ranks way up there in my 40 years watching the Hibs, so maybes its not such a bad thing!
Also think Thomo could be instrumental in that game and also the semi.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2013, 06:13 PM
I agree we are due a win but on todays performance I would not be too confident. If we couldn't run over the top of a poor Hearts side a fortnight ago it doesn't auger well for a trip to the bus shelter.

cleanyman
30-03-2013, 06:17 PM
We never pump Hearts except for 2 game's.

We'll draw as normal.

lyonhibs
30-03-2013, 06:29 PM
When was the last time we pumped Hearts, much less at Tynecastle?? Have we even won there by more than a goal in the 21st century???

SteveHFC
30-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Another boring 0-0 draw it is :greengrin

Beefster
30-03-2013, 06:32 PM
We'll put 10 men behind the ball and let them come at us in the hope of catching them on the counter once.

shagpile
30-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Top 6 no chance now....We're definitely due (another) win against that lot, and derby win at Tynie ranks way up there in my 40 years watching the Hibs, so maybes its not such a bad thing!

GGTTH

Ah yes. The old 'never mind we get another game against the hearts' attitude. A derby win at tynie. Which ranks nowhere in my 50 years of watching Hibs.
A cup win against Kilmarnock does though. As does a cup win against Dunfermline.
Oh , & there was one against celtic too.
A win against hearts at tynie gets nothing but 3 points. & of course the right to wind up yer 'hearts mates' for a day or two.
Meanwhile, Motherwell, ICT & the others are playing for a place in Europe.

Jesus H Christ.:rolleyes:

chrisski33
30-03-2013, 06:34 PM
How can anyone be confident that we will pump the jambos? People predicted that we wud before and we didnt.

Love the Green
30-03-2013, 06:37 PM

GGTTH

Sorry Jo but that heap of ***** that disguises itself as a fgootball team could beat nobody......how 1 club can amass on several occassions so many useleass excuses as football players is unbelieveable.
As bad as the ****bos are our lot will never beat them.

What is worse instead of us getting a good pay day against celtic we will be expected to turn out in numbers at the piggery filling their coffers with our cash and helping them stagger on..
Gutless, skilless, pedestrian and weak..thats the current Hibs team and as for the managers tactics..best left alone.

"keep the faith":wink:

Stringer
30-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Ah yes. The old 'never mind we get another game against the hearts' attitude. A derby win at tynie. Which ranks nowhere in my 50 years of watching Hibs.
A cup win against Kilmarnock does though. As does a cup win against Dunfermline.
Oh , & there was one against celtic too.
A win against hearts at tynie gets nothing but 3 points. & of course the right to wind up yer 'hearts mates' for a day or two.
Meanwhile, Motherwell, ICT & the others are playing for a place in Europe.

Jesus H Christ.:rolleyes:

We are all doomed guys! I am off to support accies

Hibercelona
30-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Hearts may be murder, but they'll still be the first to every ball, they'll still win all the headers and their work rate will generally be higher than ours.

Our only saving grace against them is that they don't have a natural goal scorer, otherwise we'd be in trouble.

wearethehibs
30-03-2013, 06:54 PM
They'll end up finishing above us. I can see it coming.

We better beat Falkirk!

Jo McBride
30-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Easy guys, wheres the Hibbie optimism thats seen us through all these years?
Can't you remember the winning strikes from Archibald, Deano, Riordon, there was even a 3-0 win in there as well!
I know we dont pump them very often and even these wins were marginal...but c'mon...they are absolutely mince...apparantly should have been beaten by 5 or 6 today according to Pa Broon.
So I'm standing by it....at least we'll pump the ****s!!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Hearts may be murder, but they'll still be the first to every ball, they'll still win all the headers and their work rate will generally be higher than ours.

Our only saving grace against them is that they don't have a natural goal scorer, otherwise we'd be in trouble.

:agree:

hibsbollah
30-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Theres no reason why we should ever lose to them again.

Franck Stanton
30-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Sad, sad day as far as I am concerned, I have been going to Easter Road since 1957, have only missed a handful of games during that time, [single figures]but, sad to say, enough is enough for me. Today I left with 20 minutes to go and will not be back. - Anyone want my season ticket for the few games remaining ? If you do drop me a pm, it's free. The standard of football on display is , well, abysmal to say the least. Now before the usual crap starts about -"you'll be back if we get to the final" - let me assure you I most definately wont, - in fact, drop me a wee pm and should we make it, I will get my s/t allocated ticket and give you it for face value. I'm, done, finnished and wont be back . Big deal some of you will say, - well with the amount of supporters like me who have left and are about to, it is a big deal to the Club , however it is all of their own doing - for years we have been fed under-achieving sub-standard players who are not fit to wear the once proud green/white jersey.

Love the Green
30-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Sad, sad day as far as I am concerned, I have been going to Easter Road since 1957, have only missed a handful of games during that time, [single figures]but, sad to say, enough is enough for me. Today I left with 20 minutes to go and will not be back. - Anyone want my season ticket for the few games remaining ? If you do drop me a pm, it's free. The standard of football on display is , well, abysmal to say the least. Now before the usual crap starts about -"you'll be back if we get to the final" - let me assure you I most definately wont, - in fact, drop me a wee pm and should we make it, I will get my s/t allocated ticket and give you it for face value. I'm, done, finnished and wont be back . Big deal some of you will say, - well with the amount of supporters like me who have left and are about to, it is a big deal to the Club , however it is all of their own doing - for years we have been fed under-achieving sub-standard players who are not fit to wear the once proud green/white jersey.

:top marks

Thecat23
30-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Had a look on sickback and shock horror after another defeat they start ANOTHER "it's ok we won 1-5 last May" even some of their own fans are getting sick of them doing it after every defeat. Others just bury their heads and live in the past. I'm looking forward to beating them at The Pink Wonga Dome.

Scottie
30-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Theres no reason why we should ever lose to them again.

What makes you so positive HB ?

Our only saving grace is they are just as pish as us this year. Lets face it we're only 6 points better of than them but people on here make out as if we are lording it over them.

If there is another derby this year which i think is definate now then they'll be just as hard to beat as our mentality is weak.

3pm
30-03-2013, 07:21 PM
They will beat us.

Hiber-nation
30-03-2013, 07:24 PM

I said this at the end of last season but unless you've got something better to do on a Saturday afternoon then you'll be back. Watching Hibs is dire at the moment but sitting in front of the telly watching your coupon getting burst wondering how the hell Hibs are getting on is even worse.

hibsbollah
30-03-2013, 07:24 PM
1. Theyre in freefall.
2. We are 4 derby games unbeaten since the final.
3. Their best player appears to be Justin Fashanu and a giant octopus' love child.
4. McPake said no more bullying on his watch.

Sleep easy :aok:

FranckSuzy
30-03-2013, 07:27 PM
1. Theyre in freefall.
3. Their best player appears to be Justin Fashanu and a giant octopus' love child.

:faf:

Hibs Class
30-03-2013, 07:30 PM

GGTTH

I smell *****.

Scottie
30-03-2013, 07:30 PM
1. Theyre in freefall.

Quality HB
Wish i shared your confidence though :not worth

hibsbollah
30-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Quality HB
Wish i shared your confidence though :not worth

Ach im not really. Im just going for the 'say it often enough and it'll be the truth' technique' :greengrin

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Tbh the derby at Tynie is irrelevent, we have 1 game to save our season and that's at Hampden.

Jo McBride
30-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Hibs Class. No smelly here.

Scottie
30-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Tbh the derby at Tynie is irrelevent, we have 1 game to save our season and that's at Hampden.

Disagree !
A win at Celtic next week will save our season if other results go our way, then we can start thinking about the holy grail:wink:

Jim44
30-03-2013, 07:55 PM

I assume you mean the semi-final against Falkirk and not , presumptuously, a game against Celtic or Dundee United. I would agree that getting to the Cup Final is now more important than beating the Jambos.

Treadstone
30-03-2013, 08:03 PM
If Rangers had paid their tax HoMFC would be fighting out a more serious relegation battle this season than we were last season.

AFKA5814_Hibs
30-03-2013, 08:19 PM
I assume you mean the semi-final against Falkirk and not , presumptuously, a game against Celtic or Dundee United. I would agree that getting to the Cup Final is now more important than beating the Jambos.

Yes; the semi final. Top 6 is gone. I would never presume we'd win a semi final. Having watched previous semi in 2000/05/06/07 I know we cannot just assume a win v Falkirk.

monktonharp
31-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Sad, sad day as far as I am concerned, I have been going to Easter Road since 1957, have only missed a handful of games during that time, [single figures]but, sad to say, enough is enough for me. Today I left with 20 minutes to go and will not be back. - Anyone want my season ticket for the few games remaining ? If you do drop me a pm, it's free. The standard of football on display is , well, abysmal to say the least. Now before the usual crap starts about -"you'll be back if we get to the final" - let me assure you I most definately wont, - in fact, drop me a wee pm and should we make it, I will get my s/t allocated ticket and give you it for face value. I'm, done, finnished and wont be back . Big deal some of you will say, - well with the amount of supporters like me who have left and are about to, it is a big deal to the Club , however it is all of their own doing - for years we have been fed under-achieving sub-standard players who are not fit to wear the once proud green/white jersey.It surely is a big deal, to you, to Hibernian fc and to what I consider a big deal to the majority of Hibs fans on here. I am totally surprised that there has been no comment from some of the older fans as yet, when someone like yourself has highlited the fact that you've had enough. I'm severely pissed off at the moment like you but hope that you still have the (forlorn hope maybe) crazy idea that we could acyually do it this year. when we get to within 2 games of winning, that drives me on. been scunnered a lot of times but I live in hope. you surely cant give up now? wait until we are emptied at least one last time:wink:

TrickyNicky
31-03-2013, 02:11 AM

This is very sad to hear Eric and as Monktonharp has kindly urged - " hang in there, for at least the game against Falkirk and hopefully a final ".

Hibs fans need you!

Whether the team or the club care - I don't know, but losing someone who has supported and stood by Hibs for over 50 years should not be allowed.

We need guys like you.:flag:

Pete
31-03-2013, 02:41 AM

So what's the mindset now? Have you lost interest in football in general or are you going to support another team where there isn't abysmal football?

At least you were alive to see the good times. If any more come round again I suspect you won't care...and I'll take you up on your offer.

You will be missed by the club.

TrickyNicky
31-03-2013, 02:47 AM
So what's the mindset now? Have you lost interest in football in general or are you going to support another team where there isn't abysmal football?

At least you were alive to see the good times. If any more come round again I suspect you won't care...and I'll take you up on your offer.

How empathetic!

He won't be missed by the club because he'd already bought his ST.

Do you want his ticket because you didn't buy an ST ?

Pete
31-03-2013, 03:11 AM
How empathetic!

He won't be missed by the club because he'd already bought his ST.

Do you want his ticket because you didn't buy an ST ?

You're confusing empathy with sympathy and I have absolutely none of the latter. I'm sorry but he's made his position clear. He's a grown man.

...and I did actually say he would be missed by the club. That's a fact.

For your information I have two season tickets and don't actually need his ticket. I'll make sure it goes to a good home though.

He won't take me up on it because he will be back. You don't just "give up".

hibeedonald
31-03-2013, 03:58 AM

if we win, Cup final = Euro trip. (assuming Celtic win). That's all you get for coming second, so the season is saved if we qualify in my eyes.

TrickyNicky
31-03-2013, 04:13 AM
You're confusing empathy with sympathy and I have absolutely none of the latter. I'm sorry but he's made his position clear. He's a grown man.

Am I?
Sorry.
Have you never, ever thought the football on display was abysmal or that there has been too many sub-standard football players not fit to wear the once proud green/white jersey in the last few years?
And, you are right, he is a grown man but is it too hard to give a fellow long-standing Hibby a little sympathy and wee bit of support when they are fed up?
Might just do the trick and feel differently tomorrow !

...and I did actually say he would be missed by the club. That's a fact.
If you say so.:na na:
For your information I have two season tickets and don't actually need his ticket. I'll make sure it goes to a good home though.

My apologies, I wrongly thought you may have been one of our fans, too quick to stick the boot in and get a ticket to a semi out of it.

He won't take me up on it because he will be back. You don't just "give up".
Let's hope so.:aok:

EdinMike
31-03-2013, 05:09 AM
Disagree !
A win at Celtic next week will save our season if other results go our way, then we can start thinking about the holy grail:wink:

Anyone wanna hazard a guess at the Odds of us making top 6 and winning the Scottish Cup and I'll take my shiny pound to the bookies tomorrow :wink:

Pete
31-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Let's hope so.:aok:

I reckon there are two ways to deal with hacked off fans. One is the arm round the shoulder and the other is a gentle slap in the face.

Between us, we have covered all the bases so he will definitely be back!

God Petrie
31-03-2013, 07:11 AM
**** off you shower of boring miserable *****. Viva Hibernian

TrickyNicky
31-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I reckon there are two ways to deal with hacked off fans. One is the arm round the shoulder and the other is a gentle slap in the face.

Between us, we have covered all the bases so he will definitely be back!

:greengrin
" I love it when a plan comes together " !

IFONLY
31-03-2013, 11:31 AM
1. Theyre in freefall.

Wish he would apply this to all the games we play

Craig_in_Prague
31-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Hibs couldnt thump 11 maroon training cones.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Wish he would apply this to all the games we play

He must've forgot to mention that to Higdon at Fir Park a couple of weeks ago.

hibsbollah
31-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Hibs couldnt thump 11 maroon training cones.

You havent quite got the hang of this :dunno:

Franck Stanton
31-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Pistol, To be honest, I swithered about getting a S/T for this season, however, did and since Christmas time[ish], have been totally hacked off with the keek on show week in week out, I only get , [or should I say used to get] excited and passionate about the Hibs games, been to a few other games not involving Hibs when our game was off and just couldn,t get involved, even Scotland games - unless of course a Hibs man was playing, [ yes I am old enough to remember when Hibs players were picked and played for Scotland], so to answer your first question - I think I have had my interest in football slowly drained from me, perhaps a few years down the line it will return, only time will tell. I will always take a passive interest in Hibs, on here/news/sportscene etc but as for going to the games - nah done, finnished .

As for the good times coming round again - good luck with that mate, I genuinly hope they do. And as you are the only person who has expressed any interest in my S/T give me a pm with an address and I will pop it in the post a.s.a.p

Emerald
31-03-2013, 03:24 PM
We never pump anyone! How can we with 10 men behind the ball, hoofing it up the park in the hope LG gets on the end of one?

Hibeesforever
31-03-2013, 04:21 PM
if we win, Cup final = Euro trip. (assuming Celtic win). That's all you get for coming second, so the season is saved if we qualify in my eyes.

Goodness me, I hadn't thought about it that way! Change the bit where you think Celtic will win though. :flag:

Hibercelona
31-03-2013, 05:52 PM

It's a very sad bit of reading that, but probably sums up the apathetic feeling of many right now.

As a Hibs fan, you always wait for the good times to roll in again and time just seems to drag on and on. Even when the good times do finally arrive, they're usually very short lived as the players are sold off to cover the debt figure that builds up during the "work in progress" phase. It's a never ending cycle.