PDA

View Full Version : James McPake

Ozyhibby
30-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Absolute brutal defender. There is no way we will ever be organised and solid at the back with this guy in the team.

Paisley Hibby
30-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Absolute brutal defender. There is no way we will ever be organised and solid at the back with this guy in the team.

Better get your tin hat on! Not brutal but his form has dipped recently for some reason.

Mr White
30-03-2013, 05:13 PM
He had a great goal saving tackle in the second half but he was at fault a few times too. Brutal is very harsh though IMO.

hibee_girl
30-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Actually thought today was one of his better games

Scottie
BOMBSCARE ! :timebomb:

Hibercelona
He's been very poor since returning from his back problems, which has been quite some time now.

There was always going to be a risk involved. Actually feel quite bad for the lad, because the desire is there, but he just can't perform to the same physical standard as he was capable of when he first came to the club.

Heisenberg
30-03-2013, 05:15 PM
He had a great goal saving tackle in the second half but he was at fault a few times too. Brutal is very harsh though IMO.

He had to make that tackle to make up for his own mistake. Needs to get a grip of himself as the captain and step up to improve his own form. Been poor for weeks.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2013, 05:21 PM

The goal saving tackle came about because of his own poor positioning.

Holmesdale Hibs
30-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Completely disagree. He's not perfect but the best defender we've had for some time.

I remember people saying the same about Rob Jones as well and who did we end up replacing him with? Dicho? Thichot?

:jmcp:

#FromTheCapital
30-03-2013, 05:36 PM
He has been pish this season but compared to other games he had a good game today.

Ozyhibby
30-03-2013, 05:37 PM
Completely disagree. He's not perfect but the best defender we've had for some time.

I remember people saying the same about Rob Jones as well and who did we end up replacing him with? Dicho? Thichot?

:jmcp:

Can't remember anybody saying that about jones who was a far better player than McPake.

gobragh1875
30-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Looks right out of sorts

Hiber-nation
30-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Blaming our demise on McPake is laughable considering how little we create. The problem doesn't lie with the defence. As everyone knows we rely far too much one one player.

silverhibee
30-03-2013, 05:45 PM
He had to make that tackle to make up for his own mistake. Needs to get a grip of himself as the captain and step up to improve his own form. Been poor for weeks.

:agree:

chinaman
30-03-2013, 05:53 PM
and chick young was saying on radio scotland how he wished mcpake was scottish

Brightside
30-03-2013, 05:53 PM
He can only tackle when he is on his erse. Dreadful positional player with no pace. It would appear Thomson is now the captain in everything but arm band now.

truehibernian
30-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Paul Hanlon has been our best defender this season, by a distance I have to say. McPake has been dreadful the last few games, since the 1-1 v Dundee.

Ozyhibby
Blaming our demise on McPake is laughable considering how little we create. The problem doesn't lie with the defence. As everyone knows we rely far too much one one player.

We create so little because of the extra protection our defence needs. We had three holding midfielders start today.

Holmesdale Hibs
Can't remember anybody saying that about jones who was a far better player than McPake.

There are similarities though. When they first arrived, they both brought some bollocks and stability to a dodgy defence. They were amazing in their first season and generally seen as leaders on the pitch, hence both being made captain.

They then lost a bit of form (and their hero status amongst the fans) and were called bombscares, liabilities etc. (I definitely remember threads like this about Jones).

Then Jones left and we missed him. I think it would be the same if let McPake go.

Mr White
30-03-2013, 05:55 PM
The goal saving tackle came about because of his own poor positioning.

True but if he was indeed brutal I think its more likely he would have given away a penalty. Credit where its due, same with criticism too I suppose.

Macaroon
30-03-2013, 05:55 PM
The only reason he had to make that challenge is because he failed to clear the long ball that set it up. Brutal, however, is harsh.

Mr White
30-03-2013, 05:58 PM
The only reason he had to make that challenge is because he failed to clear the long ball that set it up. Brutal, however, is harsh.

Not disputing that but the tackle was a good one.

hibsbollah
30-03-2013, 05:58 PM
There are similarities though. When they first arrived, they both brought some bollocks and stability to a dodgy defence. They were amazing in their first season and generally seen as leaders on the pitch, hence both being made captain.

They then lost a bit of form (and their hero status amongst the fans) and were called bombscares, liabilities etc. (I definitely remember threads like this about Jones).

Then Jones left and we missed him. I think it would be the same if let McPake go.

I agree with that. Jones had some glaring faults which he got torn apart over on here. Getting McPake to sign was the holy grail last year, hes not playing well but we know hes got the ability to be a leader of this team.

hibbydog
30-03-2013, 05:59 PM

This

SteveHFC
30-03-2013, 06:00 PM
When we win the Scottish Cup. McPake will be a legend :agree:

Too far :greengrin

DaveF
30-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Why not pick on any one of our defenders? They were all poor IMO, with McPake no better or worse than any other.

Stevenson and McGivern between them let Draper (who is pretty difficult to miss) wander in for the opener.

MWHIBBIES
30-03-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.soccersweep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Slide11.jpg

lucky
30-03-2013, 06:15 PM
McPake is far from brutal. Still best defender at club

Heisenberg
30-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Its not a knee jerk tbf, Mcpakes been poor for most of the season.

hibsbollah
30-03-2013, 06:18 PM

:aok:

DaveF
30-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Its not a knee jerk tbf, Mcpakes been poor for most of the season.

All season? Really?

Today, the 1st goal was nothing to do with him. The 2nd goal, only mcPake was charging out to block the shot. Where was everyone else?

Criticsie the guy if it's justified, otherwise give it a rest.

HibernianJK
30-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Did not think James was that bad at all today, won all his headers. Made some good tackles and blocks. Couple came from his own mistakes. Far from the worst player out there today

gillythehibby
30-03-2013, 06:47 PM

Away and talk p15h ! Always looking for a scapegoat some fans. 2 balls launch behind defense. As a unit should have been able to defend these better but hardly Mcpake's sole fault. We missed Claros and Doyle not good enough for Hibs. Gives us nothing up front. Far too many alike midfielders trying to protect the defense. Quite galling really to have pub teams like Inverness and Ross Co sitting well above Hibs. *** disgrace. Seems Hibs as a club all too willing to accept mediocrity. Fed up :fuming:

Aldo
30-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Why are we all of a sudden having a .net hate in.

Slagging players and in particular the club captain.

Do the guys doing the slagging actually support the club. Who is it next week?? Names in a hat, bang one bad pass and that's you crucified for the rest of the season.

Big Sexy Dave
30-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Is this for real? he's easily our best centre back, if you think Mcpake's brutal wait till next season when you see Ryan O'Leary.

MSK
30-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Why are we all of a sudden having a .net hate in.

Slagging players and in particular the club captain.

Do the guys doing the slagging actually support the club. Who is it next week?? Names in a hat, bang one bad pass and that's you crucified for the rest of the season.Where have you been the last 10 years ?

Aldo
30-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Where have you been the last 10 years ?

I know I'm just annoyed at folk expecting a change at the flip of a switch.. O and in bad mood.

MSK
30-03-2013, 07:21 PM
I know I'm just annoyed at folk expecting a change at the flip of a switch.. O and in bad mood.Ano mate ..:agree:

thebakerboy
30-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Jones and McPake are quite similar really. They are both good captains and leaders but limited in defensive ability. Both tend to wander off out of position and let players in behind them ( cue 1st. goal today , Lewis left to try and mark their biggest forward for a through ball) or are to slow to react ( cue 2nd. goal today , deflection of James to beat Ben). The difference between the is that Rob was bigger and this sometimes helped him in the air and on the ground. Today James was not our best defender as his headers and clearances seemed to go straight to ICT players ( that may have been their good anticipation)and when he tried to bring the ball out himself he lost it. He is often the main culprit in the long hoofball which is preferred manner of moving upfield. A limited player but I would not say brutal as he has lead the move onfield from where we were a year ago.

lapsedhibee
30-03-2013, 07:40 PM

Your leg would be twitching too if it had a small Madagascan primate running around inside it!

Jonnyboy
30-03-2013, 09:13 PM
and chick young was saying on radio scotland how he wished mcpake was scottish

He is Scottish :wink:

Bad Habits
30-03-2013, 09:20 PM
your leg would be twitching too if it had a small madagascan primate running around inside it!

10/10 :)

jdships
30-03-2013, 09:48 PM

Have said this since the first time I saw him play
His limitations are there for all to see
Gives his all of that there is no doubt but lacking in the basic skills needed to be a first class C/Half