PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with sharing a ST

cam75
29-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Work commitments rule out me getting every 2nd week off,but still keen to purchase st,is that allowed by club?

FranckSuzy
29-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Work commitments rule out me getting every 2nd week off,but still keen to purchase st,is that allowed by club?

I think this has been asked before and the general consensus is that no-one at the turnstile even checks who has the card so it should be OK :agree:
:wink:

DH1875
29-03-2013, 11:39 PM

It's not allowed but they'll never know, so why not. Stupid rule anyway :rules:.

beensaidbefore
29-03-2013, 11:47 PM
I think it may be allowed under certain circumatsnces. at least you can at ***********. certain groups of people - clubs, charities, voluntary orgs etc - are given tickets that give those who wouldnt normally have the opportunity to attend matches, the use of a season ticket for the day... i assume hibs must do the same, and if not, there needs to be some serious questions asked, esp with a half full stadium each week.

regardless of the fact, tell the guy on the turnstyle that you and whoever the card belongs to got them mixed up at the house, etc etc... thats if they even care, which i doubt very much.

cam75
30-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Cheers,now just have to find the 2nd person:-)

EdinMike
30-03-2013, 12:11 AM
I've used a brothers ST on many occasions with no one batting an eyelid. If you and someone else wants to go halfers than It's better than nothing in my eyes !

beensaidbefore
30-03-2013, 12:24 AM
I've used a brothers ST on many occasions with no one batting an eyelid. If you and someone else wants to go halfers than It's better than nothing in my eyes !

I think it should be encouraged as you say. With the clubs backing, it could encourage a few hundred extra along each game. There must be plenty who cannot commit to a ST for one reason or another, but would be willing to enter a share scheme where they would be entitled to 1/3 - 1/4 games per season? I for one, work a saturday amd for that reason wont get a ST at the moment. similarly there must be those working sundays that miss a fair few. offshore/armed forces/N A other profession not mon -fri 9-5 would potentially see this as a better investment.

IF this concept got the clubs backing, there would be no reason why the sharing scheme could not be established via this site. The counter argument may be that walk-up sales would be effected, but the way i see it, one in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Andy74
30-03-2013, 12:28 AM
I think it should be encouraged as you say. With the clubs backing, it could encourage a few hundred extra along each game. There must be plenty who cannot commit to a ST for one reason or another, but would be willing to enter a share scheme where they would be entitled to 1/3 - 1/4 games per season? I for one, work a saturday amd for that reason wont get a ST at the moment. similarly there must be those working sundays that miss a fair few. offshore/armed forces/N A other profession not mon -fri 9-5 would potentially see this as a better investment.

IF this concept got the clubs backing, there would be no reason why the sharing scheme could not be established via this site. The counter argument may be that walk-up sales would be effected, but the way i see it, one in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Hibs would lose money with an arranged scheme. Best done on the quiet as required now and again.

iwasthere1972
30-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Cheers,now just have to find the 2nd person:-)

What happens when you both want to go to the same match? I wouldn't be happy having half a share of a season ticket not knowing what games it includes and having to toss a coin when both parties want to go to the same game. It's bound to happen.

Plus who would get preference when it comes to Scottish Cup matches at Hampden.

beensaidbefore
30-03-2013, 01:02 AM
What happens when you both want to go to the same match? I wouldn't be happy having half a share of a season ticket not knowing what games it includes and having to toss a coin when both parties want to go to the same game. It's bound to happen.

Dont suppose it would be too difficult to establish when people defo cannot go due to other commitments. lets just say 4 people shared only 2 home games v yams and tic = 1 game each decided firstly by availabilty, then draw straws etc. the rest of the games are much and such and could be divided without any real fistycuffs i would imagine....well maybe not given some on here, who could argue in a empty room!

And is suppose, if there was still a need for 2 tickets, some part payment/swap/bribe could be made to ease the pain of buying a ticket the same as would be necessary without a ST?

:greengrin

ballengeich
30-03-2013, 01:40 AM

Once you've bought an ST the club doesn't check how many games you turn up for.

As there are no ID checks on the gate, the club will not know if someone else gets in on your ST. Just be sure that the person you lend it to will return it for the next game you are able to get to:greengrin.

You'll be registered as the ST holder so will be guaranteed priority for cup final tickets etc.

booshsutton
30-03-2013, 01:42 AM

Phone the ticket office, get your season ticket seat moved for the game and then buy the seat next to you and split the cost. I bought a half season ticket in the Famous Five, but due to having mates go up with me to most games I've usually moved my seat and ordered seats for my mates at the same time, without my initiative they'd likely have been to alot less games this season.

For cup games at Hampden, this season ST holders were allowed to buy as many as they wanted, so this shouldn't be an issue. For the final if God willing we make it, then (if like last season) ST holders would be guaranteed two tickets, so just go with your mate who you share the season ticket with.

More of my mates would likely commit to season tickets, but most of them still play amateur football on a Saturday afternoon, so for them Sunday games are actually better as it means they can get to more games per season.

beensaidbefore
30-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Hibs would lose money with an arranged scheme. Best done on the quiet as required now and again.

I understand why hibs might feel they would lose money. But i question whether having 2 supporters who pay walk up prices and may attend 25-50% of the games each season, compared with the same 2 supporters committed to a sesaon ticket, with the added obligation of attending seeing as the ticket was there and paid for.
Having established the routine and habit in peoples lives, and providing they continued to enjoy the experience, the natural progression would be to get a full ST. Having watched my jambo mates sucked in years ago with a £80 ST, rising about £40 a year, they all still go, and are now paying in excess of £300, but because they all go and the fact it has become routinised and an enjoyable thing to do with mates, they make other sacrafices to make sure they dont miss the football.
Yes thats hearts, and who cares what they do etc etc, but I suppose my my point is, that encouraging people to become season ticket holders, even as part of a syndicate, may be something that has greater long-term benefit than short,as it develops and encourages people along, especially to the less attractive fixtures.
I feel that rather than making people fearful of sharing a ticket, encouraging as many different people along as possible, (be that school kids, hospital patients, stationed military troops, or fresher uni students), through an intorductory scheme for newcomers, or a share system for those unable to commit, allows anyone who wants to the opportunty to become part of the 'hibernian family', to make whatever contribution they can. When people feel part of something, it makes them feel good about themselves, and provided it was managed and publicised correctly, there is scope for an idea along these lines, and one which Hibs could try tap into, especially in a day and age when football games increasingly can played on almost any day of the year.

Just_Jimmy
30-03-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't understand why hibs don't sell match blocks as such. In tiers.

Season ticket
10 matches
7 matches
5 matches
3 matches
1 match.

It ensures money upfront, but it also gives regular attendees who cannot manage a season ticket or all games a little bit security. In the modern working world and the way football fixtures are thrown about season tickets are actually an out dated concept.

J-C
30-03-2013, 09:03 AM

Season ticket
10 matches
7 matches
5 matches
3 matches
1 match.

It ensures money upfront, but it also gives regular attendees who cannot manage a season ticket or all games a little bit security. In the modern working world and the way football fixtures are thrown about season tickets are actually an out dated concept.

We have something similar in the half season ticket but what I don't get is why they don't offer the half season ticket at the beginning. Let people buy 1/2 ticket at the start, then nearer the time they can add the other half if needed, seems to make more sense, £150 is easier to find than £300.

hibs4thecup1988
30-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I agree with the option of games. If you could buy say 14 games at whaatever then that would be good. I missed 5 games last year due to holidays and work.

The half season ticket works well but still you could miss games in either half. Where as if you paid hibs say 280 for 14 games then you are sorted as a fan, and the club gets money up front from people who maybe feel a season ticket isn't worth it if they miss a game or two.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Just buy yourself a kids or student ticket mate as someone said noone at the club checks.

And based on my experience of the ticket office yesterday I think I'm in the minority paying full adult price.

Saorsa
30-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Just buy yourself a kids or student ticket mate as someone said noone at the club checks.

And based on my experience of the ticket office yesterday I think I'm in the minority paying full adult price.Good idea, lets encourage people tae cheat the club out of money.

I have nae problem with two adults sharing an adult ticket.

marinello59
30-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Season ticket
10 matches
7 matches
5 matches
3 matches
1 match.

Over 8000 sold last year and probably more this time round. That doesn't seem like the returns for an outdated concept to me. Pricing may be an issue but they remain the best way of supporting our club.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Good idea, lets encourage people tae cheat the club out of money.

I have nae problem with two adults sharing an adult ticket.

Wasn't my idea mate - loads of folk already doing it.

I'd like to see the split of tickets between adult/disabled/kid/student/OAP - loads of folk are at it and if the club aren't going to stop it why shouldn't we all join in?

Saorsa
30-03-2013, 10:06 AM

I'd like to see the split of tickets between adult/disabled/kid/student/OAP - loads of folk are at it and if the club aren't going to stop it why shouldn't we all join in?Maybe no your idea but your suggesting somebody else does it are you not?.

I've put the best part of 1400 quid in tae Hibs this season already and already over 400 for next and it annoys the **** out of me that all the help I'm trying tae give my club is being undone by others trying tae scheme their way in on the cheap and other people encouraging the idea.

J-C
30-03-2013, 10:07 AM

And based on my experience of the ticket office yesterday I think I'm in the minority paying full adult price.

On the scanner at the turnstile does it not tell the person working whether it's a kids/adult/student or concession?

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Maybe no your idea but your suggesting somebody else does it are you not?.

I've put the best part of 1400 quid in tae Hibs this season already and already over 400 for next and it annoys the **** out of me that all the help I'm trying tae give my club is being undone by others trying tae scheme their way in on the cheap and other people encouraging the idea.

I paid full price as well - ideally I'd have bought another adult ticket yesterday as well but I just couldn't afford/justify it so I done without. Maybe the price would be cheaper for an adult if so many weren't scamming the club?

If everyone done it maybe it'd force the club to do something about it?

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2013, 10:12 AM
On the scanner at the turnstile does it not tell the person working whether it's a kids/adult/student or concession?

Don't know but it says it on the ticket - it's just that noone does anything about it.

Beefster
30-03-2013, 10:18 AM

I'd like to see the split of tickets between adult/disabled/kid/student/OAP - loads of folk are at it and if the club aren't going to stop it why shouldn't we all join in?

If you know of folk that are 'at it', it would probably be better to contact the club rather than encouraging new folk to rip them off?

The club can't do anything about it unless they know about it and, contrary to what some think, you can't tell students, OAPs and disabled folk from looking at them.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2013, 10:34 AM
If you know of folk that are 'at it', it would probably be better to contact the club rather than encouraging new folk to rip them off?

The club can't do anything about it unless they know about it and, contrary to what some think, you can't tell students, OAPs and disabled folk from looking at them.

Fairly sure you can tell if a guy in his 20s or 30s isn't an OAP or a guy in his 30s or 40s isn't under 16. Also student cards should be checked every week not just on collection of ST.

Some of them I agree are harder to check.

I am planning to email the last Club about this.

Saorsa
30-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I paid full price as well - ideally I'd have bought another adult ticket yesterday as well but I just couldn't afford/justify it so I done without. Maybe the price would be cheaper for an adult if so many weren't scamming the club?

If everyone done it maybe it'd force the club to do something about it?If people just paid for the ticket they're entitled tae the club wouldnae have tae waste time and resources doin' anything about it. Too much tae ask though I suppose. As it is happening I'd really like tae see the club crack down on it. Student ID tae be shown at every game with a student ticket and other tickets checked tae see if adults are using child tickets etc, etc. Folk certainly shouldnae be encouraging the idea.

Danderhall Hibs
30-03-2013, 10:45 AM
If people just paid for the ticket they're entitled tae the club wouldnae have tae waste time and resources doin' anything about it. Too much tae ask though I suppose. As it is happening I'd really like tae see the club crack down on it. Student ID tae be shown at every game with a student ticket and other tickets checked tae see if adults are using child tickets etc, etc. Folk certainly shouldnae be encouraging the idea.

I agree. And my "suggestion" was more of a way to spark debate.

Eyrie
30-03-2013, 10:47 AM
We have something similar in the half season ticket but what I don't get is why they don't offer the half season ticket at the beginning. Let people buy 1/2 ticket at the start, then nearer the time they can add the other half if needed, seems to make more sense, £150 is easier to find than £300.
Because it would result in many people only committing to the first half of the season with no certainty for the club of them renewing for the second half which would cause uncertainty for the manager's budget. The current system means that the club knows at the start of the year that it has a full season's income from that ticket, and the payment plan allows the fans to spread the cost of the ticket over eleven months rather than two lump sums. Better for all concerned.

Saorsa
30-03-2013, 10:47 AM
I agree. And my "suggestion" was more of a way to spark debate.:aok:

Just_Jimmy
30-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Over 8000 sold last year and probably more this time round. That doesn't seem like the returns for an outdated concept to me. Pricing may be an issue but they remain the best way of supporting our club.

Is 8000 season ticket holders good for a club our size? I dont think so.

Regardless i'm not saying to scrap the season ticket. I'm lucky enough i can make home games so i have one, what i'm suggesting is another option to offer a little security to regualar walk ups and to the club. Everybody wins no?

marinello59
30-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Is 8000 season ticket holders good for a club our size? I dont think so.

Regardless i'm not saying to scrap the season ticket. I'm lucky enough i can make home games so i have one, what i'm suggesting is another option to offer a little security to regualar walk ups and to the club. Everybody wins no?

So how do you price it to make it attractive enough for people to buy multiple games up front but not so cheap that it makes a Season ticket worthless?

J-C
30-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Because it would result in many people only committing to the first half of the season with no certainty for the club of them renewing for the second half which would cause uncertainty for the manager's budget. The current system means that the club knows at the start of the year that it has a full season's income from that ticket, and the payment plan allows the fans to spread the cost of the ticket over eleven months rather than two lump sums. Better for all concerned.

Fair enough, how about selling block bookings then, say 4-5 games at a time ( normal cost of 5 games = £125....block price £105 )

Just_Jimmy
30-03-2013, 06:54 PM
So how do you price it to make it attractive enough for people to buy multiple games up front but not so cheap that it makes a Season ticket worthless?

cost of the number of games with the same percentage discount as a season would give.

So 10 games at £24 would maybe be £22 each with a season so £220 or such like. Not perfect maybe but an idea. Simple fact is attendances at ER are crap the club needs to do something to help encourage fans that doesnt involve a guilt trip from not buying a season ticket.

beensaidbefore
01-04-2013, 09:44 PM
cost of the number of games with the same percentage discount as a season would give.

So 10 games at £24 would maybe be £22 each with a season so £220 or such like. Not perfect maybe but an idea. Simple fact is attendances at ER are crap the club needs to do something to help encourage fans that doesnt involve a guilt trip from not buying a season ticket.

Imo the current prices are far too expensive, at £380-405 for 19 home games, I can see little incentive for people -other than blind loyalty or sense of duty to the club - to buy a season ticket, rather than pick and choose the games they attend. The atmosphere is lacking since the old east went, the product on the park is little better than average, and the financial climate dictates that most people are effectively facing paycuts or other restrictions on their finances. I think it would be most sensible to recognise and appreciate the difficulties of some supporters faced with spending £30-40 quid on a saturday afternoon, then tell their mrs their too skint to take her out for dinner etc etc etc.

A flexible ticket, like you suggest offering a set number of games, with a slightly discounted price, or pakcages during student term-time offerring games sep-dec feb-may. even selling 3 game blocks, or god forbid, joining forces with the hearts and sru/edin rughby to offer a package of games to tourists? Not gonna be a massive earner, but that could be offset in the club shop, scarfs badges etc. anything to get a few more through the door, and a little more inventive thinking, as there are a huge nimber of fans out there who are not currently supporting. As far as im aware, ER hasnt been filled since the new stand, thats a bit of a joke, but its not just the team on the pitch that could play a significant part in making it happen.

Lucius Apuleius
02-04-2013, 05:17 AM
Imo the current prices are far too expensive, at £380-405 for 19 home games, I can see little incentive for people -other than blind loyalty or sense of duty to the club - to buy a season ticket, rather than pick and choose the games they attend. The atmosphere is lacking since the old east went, the product on the park is little better than average, and the financial climate dictates that most people are effectively facing paycuts or other restrictions on their finances. I think it would be most sensible to recognise and appreciate the difficulties of some supporters faced with spending £30-40 quid on a saturday afternoon, then tell their mrs their too skint to take her out for dinner etc etc etc.

A flexible ticket, like you suggest offering a set number of games, with a slightly discounted price, or pakcages during student term-time offerring games sep-dec feb-may. even selling 3 game blocks, or god forbid, joining forces with the hearts and sru/edin rughby to offer a package of games to tourists? Not gonna be a massive earner, but that could be offset in the club shop, scarfs badges etc. anything to get a few more through the door, and a little more inventive thinking, as there are a huge nimber of fans out there who are not currently supporting. As far as im aware, ER hasnt been filled since the new stand, thats a bit of a joke, but its not just the team on the pitch that could play a significant part in making it happen.

Sounds fine, but no upfront money from ST holders, no new players.

marinello59
02-04-2013, 06:24 AM

That's brilliant. So for half the commitment you can get the same discount. Plus you can pick and choose the games you wish to attend so that you won't miss any that you have paid for. Thats really going to please the vast majority of regular attenders who do so using a season ticket. All aimed at people who can't afford to buy a season ticket at £40 a month on the payment plan but seemingly will shell out £240 in one go for a discount on walk up prices . Petrie, get it sorted!
Your guilt trip remark is just silly. There are some who will buy a season ticket no matter what and some who never will as pay at the gate suits them better.