PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic to form 'Guard of Honour' for St Mirren

macca70
29-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Thought this was only done for League Winners, can't remember it being done for Cup Winners.

Think its Neil Lennon/Celtics attempt to antagonise/wind up Hearts.

It was St Mirren that put Celtic out in the Semi's.

Celtic are becoming increasingly bored without Rangers and trying to keep themselves entertained by annoying others.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2013/03/23/celtic-to-form-guard-of-honour-for-saints-cup-stars-87085-33042529/

Leithenhibby
29-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Thought this was only done for League Winners, can't remember it being done for Cup Winners.

Celtic are becoming increasingly bored without Rangers and trying to keep themselves entertained by annoying others.

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2013/03/23/celtic-to-form-guard-of-honour-for-saints-cup-stars-87085-33042529/

I don't see it like that at all :wink:

Renfrew_Hibby
29-03-2013, 11:50 AM
In my schoolboy days i saw Ayr give Raith a guard of honour at Sommerset back in '94 or '95 the week after they did Celtic. I think Ayr then beat them!

Hibernia Na Eir
29-03-2013, 11:51 AM
if it winds up the Farts then It's all good. well done Celts.

Col2
29-03-2013, 11:54 AM
1986 pain is still raw I hear... Remind me what happened on May 3rd 1986? I see to have forgotten?

Shrekko
29-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Any chance they can get Frank McGarvey to pull on a Celtic jersey just one more time to join the guard of honour?

H1B33 1875
29-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Hardly! I think that's a decent gesture from Celtic. If it annoys Hearts aswell then its a bonus :)

Hainan Hibs
29-03-2013, 12:14 PM
If it is a way to wind up hearts, good.

If it is Celtic's usual patronising pat on the back pish, they can get bent.

Keith_M
29-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Celtc players applaud St Mirren on to pitch after LC win = It's a conspiracy/It's a wind-up/It's patronising

Celtc players DON'T applaud St Mirren on to pitch after LC win = Celtc have no respect for other clubs/downgrading the importance of a LC win to a smaller team/ etc, etc

Jeezo, does everything have to come with some angle? Couldn't it possibly just be a show of respect to the recent winners of the LC and that lots of other clubs might have done the same thing?

Beefster
29-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Celtc players applaud St Mirren on to pitch after LC win = It's a conspiracy/It's a wind-up/It's patronising

Celtc players DON'T applaud St Mirren on to pitch after LC win = Celtc have no respect for other clubs/downgrading the importance of a LC win to a smaller team/ etc, etc

Jeezo, does everything have to come with some angle? Couldn't it possibly just be a show of respect to the recent winners of the LC and that lots of other clubs might have done the same thing?

I think it's a nice gesture too. As I've said before, I used to think I was pretty cynical before I used Hibs.net.

green leaves
29-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Did Hibs not,shamefully do similar for the Mhanks after they had win the title?

Can't mind of us doing the same for the other cheek of the arse

Cabbage East
29-03-2013, 12:49 PM

You seem upset that someone is attempting to wind-up Hearts. That's a good thing in my book.

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2013, 01:02 PM
personally, i think there should be a minutes applause at all scottish football grounds tomorrow, well done the paisley buddies :agree: a triumph for good over evil

sambajustice
29-03-2013, 01:02 PM
We should do the same the next time we play St Mirren!

And follow that up with a Guard of "Contempt" the next time we play the farts!

DarlingtonHibee
29-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Not happy on Jumbo Sickback :faf:

iwasthere1972
29-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Great Idea. Think the Celtic fans should also have a minute's applause on 86 minutes as well.

NOLA
29-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Nice gesture of sportsmanship by celtic before the officials give them every decision and a dodgy pen ;)

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2013, 01:54 PM

:agree: It should be applauded.

Aldo
29-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Shame St Mirren weren't at ER this weekend

--------
29-03-2013, 02:37 PM

I think it's a nice gesture too. As I've said before, I used to think I was pretty cynical before I used Hibs.net.

:agree: It's corrosive - according to some folks, no one ever seems to do anything from decent motives.

Personally, I think it's a nice, courteous gesture from Celtic that should be applauded. Sportsmanship in a sporting context in Scotland? Jings, crivvens, and help ma Boab!

Did Hibs not, shamefully do similar for the Mhanks after they had win the title?

Can't mind of us doing the same for the other cheek of the arse.

SHAMEFULLY? I don't follow.

Great Idea. Think the Celtic fans should also have a minute's applause on 86 minutes as well.

Maybe we should too - every week. :greengrin

green leaves
29-03-2013, 03:58 PM
SHAMEFULLY? I don't follow.

It reinforces the myth that we have a "bond"with the mhanky mob,why give them a guard of honour,but never the cancer that is Rangers?

Two cheeks of the same repugnant bahookie,both to be despised,so why did Hibs agree to do it for Celtc?We are not their"cousins"as many of the unwashed claim,so we shouldnt be seen to celebrate their successes.

Sir David Gray
29-03-2013, 04:18 PM

Yep, pretty sure we would have done the same too, had we been playing St Mirren this weekend. :wink:

Beefster
29-03-2013, 04:33 PM
It reinforces the myth that we have a "bond"with the mhanky mob,why give them a guard of honour,but never the cancer that is Rangers?

Two cheeks of the same repugnant bahookie,both to be despised,so why did Hibs agree to do it for Celtc?We are not their"cousins"as many of the unwashed claim,so we shouldnt be seen to celebrate their successes.

When did we play Oldco in the game after they won the SPL?

hibsbollah
29-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I always thought this was reserved for when a team had done well in Europe:confused: I think we did it after Celtc were runners up in the uefa cup, but it seems a bit strange to do it for the league cup.

JohnStephens91
29-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Man Ure chose to do it after Chelsea won the league, can you imagine the embarrassment this caused to the players and how hungry they would have been to succeed the next again season. Perhaps this is what Celtic are thinking in terms of winning the League Cup?

SMAXXA
29-03-2013, 05:11 PM

Nowt wrong with it and a nice gesture, stupid to think it is anything other than that :confused:

Rico
29-03-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm sure Hearts gave the 1991 Skol Cup winners a guard of honour in the next match at Easter Road.

monktonharp
29-03-2013, 05:57 PM

Jeezo, does everything have to come with some angle? Couldn't it possibly just be a show of respect to the recent winners of the LC and that lots of other clubs might have done the same thing?what he said

monktonharp
29-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Man Ure chose to do it after Chelsea won the league, can you imagine the embarrassment this caused to the players and how hungry they would have been to succeed the next again season. Perhaps this is what Celtic are thinking in terms of winning the League Cup?aye, they're a devious lot, that Celtic mob:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
29-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Who cares? :dunno:

Although it would be interesting to see if the guard of honour continues right until the end of the game if St Mirren wins.

We all know how quickly Celtic fans can become nasty when things don't go their way.

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2013, 08:19 PM

Although it would be interesting to see if the guard of honour continues right until the end of the game if St Mirren wins.

We all know how quickly Celtic fans can become nasty when things don't go their way.

Eh? How do you think a guard of honour that welcomes them onto the pitch can last until the end of the game. Daft post!

Future17
29-03-2013, 09:16 PM

I'm fairly certain that, if the guard of honour continues right until the end of the game, St Mirren will win. :agree:

jodjam
29-03-2013, 09:40 PM

Wow. What a post. At least it's not your usual posts about moaning at all things hibs

beensaidbefore
30-03-2013, 12:15 AM

:agree: It should be applauded.

I 100% agree, and i feel that it should be encouraged, regardless of the opposition. e.g the OF, applauding each others success. As much as it would pain them the first couple of times, it would become normalised, and accepted before long. The message of mutual respect this would send to their fans alone, would be a bonus for us all.

Hibercelona
30-03-2013, 03:46 AM
Eh? How do you think a guard of honour that welcomes them onto the pitch can last until the end of the game. Daft post!

I don't think its too much to ask for a club to respect another club for a full 90 minutes, guard of honour or not.

Celtic try to pass themselves off as having the worlds greatest fans. I was simply pointing out that they can quickly turn nasty when things aren't going their way.

Wow. What a post. At least it's not your usual posts about moaning at all things hibs

I'd be interested to know about all this so called moaning I do, which extends past the level of moaning that everybody else does on here?

My post count would probably be a lot smaller if people on here could learn to respect opinions that differ from their own, then I wouldn't have to keep replying to defend my own point of view.

marinello59
30-03-2013, 06:34 AM
That us a nice gesture. Well done Celtic.

#FromTheCapital
30-03-2013, 06:41 AM
If it winds up the jambos then it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Brizo
30-03-2013, 07:16 AM

:agree:

Your level of common sense will never catch on amongst some in this parish (nb disclaimer - the word parish used in the broadest sense of the word and not in a Celtic mhanky mob wee cousins type of way)

DAVE1875
30-03-2013, 07:26 AM
If it's to simply annoy our dear ugly neighbours in Gorgie (:jamboak:) then Lay on MacDuff

hibby rae
30-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I 100% agree, and i feel that it should be encouraged, regardless of the opposition. e.g the OF, applauding each others success. As much as it would pain them the first couple of times, it would become normalised, and accepted before long. The message of mutual respect this would send to their fans alone, would be a bonus for us all.

I'm sure I've seen it happen in an El Classico in recent years.

Treadstone
30-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm sure I've seen it happen in an El Classico in recent years.

You did. May 2008 a 'pasillo' is afforded the league champions by their next league opponents. Xavi and Puyol hated this and wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. The next year they won the treble.

hibby rae
30-03-2013, 08:55 AM
You did. May 2008 a 'pasillo' is afforded the league champions by their next league opponents. Xavi and Puyol hated this and wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. The next year they won the treble.

Like a previous post said, it certainly creates a drive to succeed in the players. Maybe we should have done it in August.

hibby rae
30-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Just kidding!

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2013, 10:29 AM
]I don't think its too much to ask for a club to respect another club for a full 90 minutes,[/B] guard of honour or not.

Celtic try to pass themselves off as having the worlds greatest fans. I was simply pointing out that they can quickly turn nasty when things aren't going their way.

I'd be interested to know about all this so called moaning I do, which extends past the level of moaning that everybody else does on here?

My post count would probably be a lot smaller if people on here could learn to respect opinions that differ from their own, then I wouldn't have to keep replying to defend my own point of view.

It's a guard of honour on to the pitch before the game starts to show respect to St Mirren's recent cup success. Once the whistle blows it's game on and business as usual just like it should be. Not quite sure what else you would expect of any team once the game has started.