PDA

View Full Version : Joe Cardle

AlbertK86
28-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Just been emptied by the Pars due to administration

Good winger who we have seemingly shown interest in previously..

Do we try and get him for remainder of season ... Money probably an issue ... but he is exactly what we are missing IE ... somebody that can take a man on and whip in a good cross

Leighonel
28-03-2013, 08:21 PM

Do we try and get him for remainder of season ... Money probably an issue ... but he is exactly what we are missing IE ... somebody that can take a man on and whip in a good cross

Nah, I would rather see harris play.

Spike Mandela
28-03-2013, 08:24 PM

Probably Hearts will pick a few up as wages aren't an issue......................if you don't pay them most of the time anyway.

Billychaotic182
28-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Don't know if he got let go but the boy Ryan Wallace would be a good signing!

scottp1875
28-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Don't know if he got let go but the boy Ryan Wallace would be a good signing!

Don't think any of the players released can sign for another club till summer

Stringer
28-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Width is a problem but we have plenty midfielders. People on here always complain about playing 5 in the midfield but paddy is right. Pack them in the middle and hope one of them turns up.

SMAXXA
28-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Not sure if its the same but would guess it is but my team (Junior) only have until tis Sunday to register any more plauers until the end of the season, I would suspect the SPL and SFL clubs will be the same given we are regulated by the SJFA.

iwasthere1972
28-03-2013, 08:49 PM

That's the impression I got from SSN report. Seems a bit harsh.

Boyle89
28-03-2013, 08:51 PM
He's the typical winger. Far too inconsistent. Rather play Harris and we still have done aswell, no point wasting a wage on someone that may give us 1 good game in 5.

HibeeMG
28-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I'd love to see Joe Cardle at Hibs. He's a player that always looks for the ball, always wants to take on the full back and can also whip in a very decent cross.

Ryan Wallace and Steven Husband are the other two players that Dunfermline have got that would be worth a look but they haven't been released (yet!).

Husband is a big lad but is mobile and can spray the ball about. He looks too good for that level already and he's only young.

bingo70
28-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Maybe an idea to offer him training facilities till the end of the season with a view to him signing next season

Hibs Class
28-03-2013, 09:11 PM

I've a feeling I read that if they were released by end March they were free agents and could sign for another club. If their release had been delayed until April then they would have been snookered until the Summer.

Jonnyboy
28-03-2013, 09:32 PM
I'd love to see Joe Cardle at Hibs. He's a player that always looks for the ball, always wants to take on the full back and can also whip in a very decent cross.

Ryan Wallace and Steven Husband are the other two players that Dunfermline have got that would be worth a look but they haven't been released (yet!).

Husband is a big lad but is mobile and can spray the ball about. He looks too good for that level already and he's only young.

Happy to be corrected if wrong but I'm pretty sure Ryan Wallace was released by Hearts due to an inability to dae as he wis telt and consequently be a greedy wee barsteward on the pitch :greengrin

DH1875
28-03-2013, 09:49 PM
I've a feeling I read that if they were released by end March they were free agents and could sign for another club. If their release had been delayed until April then they would have been snookered until the Summer.

Correct. They have till Monday to find a club. If they don't then they need to wait till summer.

Sir David Gray
28-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Correct. They have till Monday to find a club. If they don't then they need to wait till summer.

That's an absolute nonsense.

It's hardly the players' fault that they have been made redundant and they should be allowed to sign for whoever they want, whenever they want.

Basically they have about 72 hours to find a new club or else they have to spend the next 3 months as unemployed.

Jonnyboy
28-03-2013, 10:14 PM
That's an absolute nonsense.

It's hardly the players' fault that they have been made redundant and they should be allowed to sign for whoever they want, whenever they want.

Basically they have about 72 hours to find a new club or else they have to spend the next 3 months as unemployed.

Cardle wants to sign for Barca, at the earliest possible date :wink:

Sir David Gray
28-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Cardle wants to sign for Barca, at the earliest possible date :wink:

:greengrin Maybe they can do a swap deal with them, with Messi going in the opposite direction.

Maybe he'll do a Kevin Thomson and offer to play for them for free for the remainder of the season!

Wilson
29-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Better with Matt Cardle.

HibeeN
29-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Sounds like the players are getting snapped up already:

PartickThistle FC ‏@ThistleTweet (https://twitter.com/ThistleTweet)53m (https://twitter.com/ThistleTweet/status/317628541531471872)
Subject to relevant clearance being received; Thistle have today signed former Dunfermline defender Jordan McMillan. #PartickThistle (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23PartickThistle&src=hash)

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-03-2013, 04:45 PM
I get the point about this not being the players' fault and it seems really unfair, but even as a slightly interested outsider, I could see this coming in the post weeks and weeks ago. I have posted on here before, that I had been told from a Pars fan that they were close to going under a couple of weeks into the season and that previously the thought of being back in the SPL at the expense of Sevco could have pulled the plug on them due to increased costs, not matched by increased revenue ( better to be top of the SFL with derbies with Falkirk and Raith, than humped every week and bottom of the SPL). Now they have the worst of that as they haven't caught fire in the SFL. Surely the players could see this coming and tried to bale out early in the last window?

Allant1981
29-03-2013, 04:59 PM
They may have tried to bale out but they were still under contract so that would have meant having to buy them which prob put clubs off

Eyrie
29-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Maybe an idea to offer him training facilities till the end of the season with a view to him signing next season

Would let us get a closer look at him and Cardle can regard it as both a trial and a chance to stay fit.

SMAXXA
29-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Better with Matt Cardle.

Is that cause youve seen him play enough to judge him? :confused:

Teapot
31-03-2013, 11:30 PM

Just signed for Raith Rovers until the end of the season....Sore one for the Pars fans.