PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk fans tonight

HibeeMG
27-03-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm at East End Park tonight for the Dunfermline v Falkirk game.

The Falkirk fans are singing "oh the Hibees are gay"!

Lets get them pumped at Hampden

CropleyWasGod
27-03-2013, 07:31 PM

Are you offended? :cb

lapsedhibee
27-03-2013, 07:36 PM

They're probably still pissed that Showumni didn't show the same form for them that he did for us.

frazeHFC
27-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Let them have their fun for now, just more incentive (if there was any) to give them a thumping! :agree:

down-the-slope
27-03-2013, 07:43 PM

:shocked:what would Freud say about that

Hermit Crab
27-03-2013, 07:45 PM

So am I. Main upper got a Hibs scarf on show too ;-). That mob could turn us over. Taylor is a handful.

hibsbollah
27-03-2013, 07:46 PM
We're not gay, we just dress well.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2013, 07:51 PM
I presume there's banter with some Hibbies wearing colours in the Dunfy end.
If Jambos were in the rangers end we'd do similar.
non-story IMO.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2013, 07:52 PM
What size of crowd is at the game?

oneone73
27-03-2013, 07:53 PM
What size of crowd is at the game?

Whatever it is, I hope Paddy's there.

Feed McGraw
27-03-2013, 07:53 PM
We are not gay as such, we just help out when they`re busy.

Billy Whizz
27-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Whatever it is, I hope Paddy's there.

Falkirk 1-0 up, Lyle Taylor

iwasthere1972
27-03-2013, 07:55 PM

They're acting like a bunch of bairns.

bingo70
27-03-2013, 08:11 PM
So am I. Main upper got a Hibs scarf on show too ;-). That mob could turn us over. Taylor is a handful.

I'm concerned about that too, maybe/probably just the pessimist in me but I just can't see us winning this game, think most fans I've spoken to are over confident and I've not got much faith in our players being different.

That said though they still play with Darren dodds at the back so we really should be winning.

CB_NO3
27-03-2013, 08:22 PM

Nothing wrong with being happy.

lord bunberry
27-03-2013, 08:24 PM

Unbelievable, a man can't enjoy the company of another man without being labelled as gay.

Hermit Crab
27-03-2013, 08:35 PM
0-2 Alston 89 too easy.

#FromTheCapital
27-03-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm concerned about that too, maybe/probably just the pessimist in me but I just can't see us winning this game, think most fans I've spoken to are over confident and I've not got much faith in our players being different.

That said though they still play with Darren dodds at the back so we really should be winning.

One thing being a hibs fan has taught me is never to be over confident. Il be going into this game hoping for a win, not expecting one. Most hibs fans I've spoke to are the same.
I'd actually be more confident if we had Celtic or Utd as we seem to be the masters at losing to smaller teams.

GlenrothesHibee
27-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Scottish football isnt good enough for there to be a gulf in class between the SPL and First division. Will be a very tough game

Sir David Gray
27-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Another great win for Ian Murray and Dumbarton tonight, 4-2 v Raith Rovers.

They've almost guaranteed that they won't finish bottom now and they look as if they're not even going to finish in the relegation play-off place either.

Excellent start for Murray. :agree:

Jones28
27-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I still think we will beat them, obviously we can't honk to it over confident but we still think we can beat them. 3-1

maturehibby
27-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Very clever thinking Hermit - letting the Falkirk fans think they are invincible and the semi will be a stroll for them - since you moved to Fife your brain has taken on a new lease of life :not worth

Just Alf
27-03-2013, 09:02 PM

YOU'RE singing as well???? :confused:

Boyle89
27-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Thought Falkirk were pretty good tonight. Lyle Taylor is a brilliant player and we must try sign him. Good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and his header was decent aswell and he had a few half chances that he created himself. Also their right back got forward alot tonight, though that might be more because there was never a left winger to stop him (who will we play there?). Also their midfield were constantly moving off the ball and making nice runs and playing nice 1-2s. Will be a tough game and need to be alert defensively aswell as clinical going forward.

Diclonius
27-03-2013, 09:14 PM

Why are they singing about Hibs at a game against Dunfermline?

Hermit Crab
27-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Thought Falkirk were pretty good tonight. Lyle Taylor is a brilliant player and we must try sign him. Good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and his header was decent aswell and he had a few half chances that he created himself. Also their right back got forward alot tonight, though that might be more because there was never a left winger to stop him (who will we play there?). Also their midfield were constantly moving off the ball and making nice runs and playing nice 1-2s. Will be a tough game and need to be alert defensively aswell as clinical going forward.

Hopefully Fenlon and co were at the game watching Falkirk tonight. I thought their right back was honking when faced one on one but then again he's likely to be up against Matt done. Taylor good at holding ball up but not great with his shooting tonight. Quite speedy as well. He will be a handful but I'd get McGivern to man mark him out the game. Claros should be able to keep on top of their midfield and LG should do well against the centre backs providing we get the ball into feet and not the long ball as Dunfermline tried that all night and they just mopped it up easily enough.

Hermit Crab
27-03-2013, 09:15 PM
YOU'RE singing as well???? :confused:

Too cold to sing.

Jonnyboy
27-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Hopefully Fenlon and co were at the game watching Falkirk tonight. I thought their right back was honking when faced one on one but then again he's likely to be up against Matt done. Taylor good at holding ball up but not great with his shooting tonight. Quite speedy as well. He will be a handful but I'd get McGovern to man mark him out the game. Claros should be able to keep on top of their midfield and LG should do well against the centre backs providing we get the ball into feet and not the long ball as Dunfermline tried that all night and they just mopped it up easily enough.

Boozy before Done in that case :agree:

Hermit Crab
27-03-2013, 09:17 PM

Singing bring on the hibees when they scored then all the hibees are gay.

CorrieHibs
27-03-2013, 09:18 PM

Their like hearts.....obsessed with us lol

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Not really sure what Hibs fans who go to a Dunfermline v Falkirk game with Hibs scarfs on expect?:confused:

Boydyhfc
27-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Hopefully Fenlon and co were at the game watching Falkirk tonight. I thought their right back was honking when faced one on one but then again he's likely to be up against Matt done. Taylor good at holding ball up but not great with his shooting tonight. Quite speedy as well. He will be a handful but I'd get McGovern to man mark him out the game. Claros should be able to keep on top of their midfield and LG should do well against the centre backs providing we get the ball into feet and not the long ball as Dunfermline tried that all night and they just mopped it up easily enough.

Done is Suspended anyway IIRC

DarrenSQH
27-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Was there tonight. Falkirk sung about us being gay and then bring on the Hibees at the end.

If we can get Leigh 1v1 on Darren Dodds then I see good things happening.

Boyle89
27-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Hopefully Fenlon and co were at the game watching Falkirk tonight. I thought their right back was honking when faced one on one but then again he's likely to be up against Matt done. Taylor good at holding ball up but not great with his shooting tonight. Quite speedy as well. He will be a handful but I'd get McGivern to man mark him out the game. Claros should be able to keep on top of their midfield and LG should do well against the centre backs providing we get the ball into feet and not the long ball as Dunfermline tried that all night and they just mopped it up easily enough.
True he wasn't excellent defensively but did offer an attacking threat an we will have to deal with that. I was thinking the same thing regarding Taylor! He is suprisingly fast though. They did play some levels football and I hope we try and match them as hoofing up to LG will deffinately give us nothing. If we can LG against dodds then game over :)

DH1875
27-03-2013, 10:03 PM

If Leigh plays anything like he did against Kille than Dodds has no chance off stopping him.

That said, we are Hibs so no doubting there's every chance we could duck it up :agree:.

Heisenberg
27-03-2013, 10:06 PM
If Leigh plays anything like he did against Kille than Dodds has no chance off stopping him.

That said, we are Hibs so no doubting there's every chance we could duck it up :agree:.

That's what I keep thinking too. On paper we've got a better team and should win, but it's Hibs and we **** up in the scottish cup on a yearly basis. Can't feel confident for this game at all.

Deek01
27-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Apparently Falkirk fans were holding their shoes singing "shall we sell our shoes for you" at the home fans, quite good from them !

monktonharp
27-03-2013, 11:03 PM
That's what I keep thinking too. On paper we've got a better team and should win, but it's Hibs and we **** up in the scottish cup on a yearly basis. Can't feel confident for this game at all.ah well, that's that then. no point in us even turning up. looks like the bairns have it wrapped up.:rolleyes:

monktonharp
27-03-2013, 11:21 PM
That's what I keep thinking too. On paper we've got a better team and should win, but it's Hibs and we **** up in the scottish cup on a yearly basis. Can't feel confident for this game at all.apart from being the better team,on paper as you suggest,we are the better team and will be the team that goes out trying to win. the other team will put up a fight, and it could be rather messy at times but they probably will try to upset the flow of the game early on by trying to boot us off the park, (first division style) but I think we have enough in the tank to give them all the problems. it's a one off game, but I am confident that Fenlon was upset enough last year in this competition, that he will get right into the minds of our lot to drive them on. he has a lot riding on this one, and if we are not dogged with the sheer bad luck we've had over the years in this cup, we'll at least get to the final. why the hell should we worry about this game? we are in the semi-final and we have to go into that with a positive mindset. would you prefer to face D.united or Celtic at this stage then worry about Falkirk in the final? I think you should stay at home. no point in worrying yersel to death in a strange city, when you could lie under the bed at hame and just hope someone comes into the room and tells you were through to the final.

Pete
28-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Not really sure what Hibs fans who go to a Dunfermline v Falkirk game with Hibs scarfs on expect?:confused:

I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting homophobic abuse.

Pete
28-03-2013, 12:37 AM
I didn't see the game tonight but I saw dunfermline on Saturday and they were dreadful. I've never seen a team so low on confidence and a decent team would stick six or seven past them easily. The fact Falkirk only took two off them is encouraging.

Forget all this mince about being worried. If we turn up we go through its that simple and we have a habit of turning up for the big ones this season.

Unlike any other semi before, I'm very confident.

Aldo
28-03-2013, 05:26 AM
We just need to make sure we go out and give them the respect they deserve ( but no too much) and go about our job in a professional manner.

Done is suspended and for me anyway I would replace him with Harris. Get him running at their back 4.

Gonnae be tough but with an excellent support getting right behind the team from the off we should be ok.

lucky
28-03-2013, 06:22 AM
FFS its Falkirk. We will win by 3 or 4. They have been a average to poor 1st division side who have now lost their manager. Easiest day at Hampden in recent years

Diclonius
28-03-2013, 06:27 AM
FFS its Falkirk. We will win by 3 or 4. They have been a average to poor 1st division side who have now lost their manager. Easiest day at Hampden in recent years

Famous last words..

VickMackie
28-03-2013, 06:28 AM
If griffiths plays we will probably win. If he doesn't, we will probably lose.

Got my ticket and bus sorted yesterday so looking forward to it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Who's Falkirk??

shagpile
28-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Their like hearts.....obsessed with us lol

They're like hearts? Won't be around long then?:wink:

God Petrie
28-03-2013, 07:15 AM
It's not gay unless the balls touch.

I never really understood this song. Always seemed like it was conceived by a 12 year old. Always thought we should adopt it in an ironic way to confuse the hertz fans.

Treadstone
28-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Who's Falkirk??

The team that are 20+ points off the pace on the Scottish first division.

blackpoolhibs
28-03-2013, 07:33 AM

I bet it has scarred them for life. :faf:

lyonhibs
28-03-2013, 09:04 AM

FYI, I think we will win, but this last line..................http://thedailygrind.robdamanii.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/StarTrekFacePalm.gif

alfie
28-03-2013, 09:41 AM

I never really understood this song. Always seemed like it was conceived by a 12 year old. Always thought we should adopt it in an ironic way to confuse the hertz fans.

I also thought this would be a good ploy. Singing it after we score a goal would be a giggle and would totally shut them up! :agree:

Just Alf
28-03-2013, 09:57 AM
I also thought this would be a good ploy. Singing it after we score a goal would be a giggle and would totally shut them up! :agree:

Mentioned this before, watching one of the games in the pub we were getting the usual "gay banter", when we scored we sung it right back at 'em with much partying going on :D .... Not a peep of it again all night from 'em.

NOLA
28-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Because our hampden record is great...dunfermline semi was the easiest day at hampden right enough.

essexhibee
28-03-2013, 10:38 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

.Sean.
28-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Oh dear. Big bad Falkirk fans singing naughty songs.

jonny
28-03-2013, 11:58 AM

I'm with you mate, we'll absolutely destroy them. Men V Bairns

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2013, 01:59 PM

It should be an easy day, but they will probably try to frustrate us by packing midfield and trying to hit us on the break....However, I am very confident of us winning this one, but doubt it will be pretty....

Hermit Crab
28-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Livingston Ayr Dunfermline all at hampden, all beaten us. Keep lyle Taylor quiet and we nullify their threat up top.

Time For Heroes
28-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Behave!
Surely fans singing abuse is supposed to be abusive?:confused:
I really dont think its homophobic....
For the record i do think Paul Hartley is gay:na na:

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Livingston Ayr Dunfermline all at hampden, all beaten us. Keep lyle Taylor quiet and we nullify their threat up top.

Victor Meldrew is a Hibby......:wink:

Pete
28-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Behave!
Surely fans singing abuse is supposed to be abusive?:confused:
I really dont think its homophobic....
For the record i do think Paul Hartley is gay:na na:

It's clear by reading your post and those of your sarcastic buddies that there is a long way to go.

30 years ago people had the same attitude towards casual racism.

:-)

Time For Heroes
28-03-2013, 02:56 PM
It's clear by reading your post and those of your sarcastic buddies that there is a long way to go.

30 years ago people had the same attitude towards casual racism.

:-)

Im certainly not a racist mate, just have a bit of common sense.
Its wrong to abuse someones wife in their company but im sure you sang that "Mols wife was ugly"
Same for "Fulton being ugly"
Or "2 Andy Gorams"
I somewhat feel that people like you have tunnel vision on this issue. I do agree that there is a fine line, however giving opposing fans/players abuse is "fair game"

JimBHibees
28-03-2013, 03:32 PM
It should be an easy day, but they will probably try to frustrate us by packing midfield and trying to hit us on the break....However, I am very confident of us winning this one, but doubt it will be pretty....

I am not sure it should be they outplayed Celtc in a semi final last season and we arent anywhere near as good as Celtc. We should win however given our form over the last few months it wouldnt surprise me too much if we lost.

Baldy Foghorn
28-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I am not sure it should be they outplayed Celtc in a semi final last season and we arent anywhere near as good as Celtc. We should win however given our form over the last few months it wouldnt surprise me too much if we lost.

Fair enough Jim, I can't remember the semi against Celtc, but I never take much notice after we are knocked out....

silverhibee
28-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Sure they will have the same thoughts about Griffiths.

Golden Bear
28-03-2013, 04:08 PM
To win games you have to create chances and score goals. With the odd exception we've not exactly been excelling in these areas for some time now and I don't think the Falkirk game will be any different. I've a feeling we'll scrap out a win and as it's a semi final then I'll settle for that.

Aldo
28-03-2013, 04:13 PM

They probably will. Good friends of mine are Falkirk ST holders and have been for some time are hoping LG gets injured before the semi... They think if they stop him they stop Hibs.

Can someone else no play up front and give LG a free role behind him???

I am quietly confident bout this game with a few with a point to prove. (Claros, McPake, LG)

Heisenberg
28-03-2013, 04:21 PM
The difference is that LG is a superior player to Taylor and will be playing up against a poorer defence ( Darren Dods). It's all about how we play and set ourselves about the game. I can't bring myself to feel confident because its Hibs and past experiences have shown how it can come back to bite you. A win of any kind would be most fantastic.

Hermit Crab
28-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Yes but from what I seem of their back 4 last night that will be difficult for them. They swamped the midfield in 451 and left Taylor upfront playing a high ball as he holds up well.

GlenrothesHibee
28-03-2013, 07:32 PM
A lot of people slating Darren Dodds. I think his vast experience will be a big help to them. On paper we should win the game but Falkirk will raise their game of that there is absolutely no doubt. Im more concerned about them than i was about Aberdeen last season

Hibernia Na Eir
28-03-2013, 07:35 PM
A lot of people slating Darren Dodds. I think his vast experience will be a big help to them. On paper we should win the game but Falkirk will raise their game of that there is absolutely no doubt. Im more concerned about them than i was about Aberdeen last season

dodds well past it. no pace and remember those penalties he gave away?
LG will run him ragged on hampden pitch.

calumhibee1
28-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I seen Falkirk against Forfar earlier this season and you wouldn't have known which one of the teams were part time for the first hour. We will beat them, of that I have got absolutely no doubt.

3pm
28-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Unbelievable, a man can't enjoy the company of another man without being labelled as gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JuierqRy9A

hibsbollah
29-03-2013, 06:48 AM

Is Sparky gay n all :dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
29-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Is Sparky gay n all :dunno:

If he is, he sure is good at pretending not to be, given his growing list of junior sparky's:wink:

hibsbollah
29-03-2013, 08:02 PM
If he is, he sure is good at pretending not to be, given his growing list of junior sparky's:wink:

****sake. They're everywhere these days. I blame the tellytubbies and the liberal elite:rolleyes:

beensaidbefore
30-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Good banter IMO, it hardly like theres any massive or great hatred between us. I would like to see more of this type of light-hearted banter between opposing fans. may let those running the game see that were not so different from any other sports fans, and we can actually behave like adults, at least the majority of us can for most of the time anyway.

Could see us getting beat 2-0 by them at hampden, and as previous posters have highlighted, any assumption that it will be a walk in the park for us would fill me with dread, and i hope its not an opinion shared by the players and managment.

JohnStephens91
30-03-2013, 03:03 AM
What their fans are doing is of no concern to me. We have two extremely tough games coming up, Inverness later on today and Celtic next week, then after that we can start to worry about Falkirk. Their side will be what I am most concerned about on the day rather than their fans.

Sweet Left Peg
30-03-2013, 08:06 AM
****sake. They're everywhere these days. I blame the tellytubbies and the liberal elite:rolleyes:

The Tellitubbies are so late 90s. Kids who watch In The Night Garden know the score...

joe breezy
30-03-2013, 11:37 AM

:agree:

147lothian
31-03-2013, 03:36 AM
I wonder how many fans falkirk bring to Hampden?

Billy Whizz
31-03-2013, 08:07 AM
I wonder how many fans falkirk bring to Hampden?

They claim to have sold over 4,500 so far as per their fans forum. Sold out blocks P1, A3 & A4 seemingly, and sales in A1 & A2

Hermit Crab
31-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Have they just signed Robbie Nielsen?

jiggerman
01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
hibs have no right at all to think this will be easy, absolutely none. Cup football is exciting because anything can happen and Falkirk could very well beat us-I'm astounded, given our current form, that anyone thinks otherwise.

we are the favourites yes, but some need to wisen up to the fact the favourites do not always win, particularly when you are hibs!