PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Window for Managers

rosco-hibee
27-03-2013, 04:50 PM
There's an article on the BBC with Paul Ince expressing support for some form of managerial transfer window.

Quite an interesting suggestion IMO. I can't remember any discussions about this in recent history, and definitely think it's something that should be considered. It would give managers some form of job protection say for up to 6 months at a time, and would encourage board members for every club to be more prudent and take care with their selection in their next manager (improving the chances of not hiring muppets like "Coco the ******in clown".) I guess for clubs that have a manager that's sought after by a bigger club, it would also allow them to coup a fee for an "in form" manager.

It would also allow the manager at least a bit of time to turn a team around and put there stamp on things before getting the hoof and allow them to last longer than 2 minutes in the job and prevent the blackpool/blackburn scenario et al.

Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21957534

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2013, 05:00 PM
How does taking care over managerial appointments differ with this approach?
I think it's unlikely most clubs make snap decisions over managerial appointments these days.
what this means is managers will sit on "deathrow" for a number of months.... And could delay takeover bids with owners waiting til they can bring their new guys in.