HIBERNIAN-0762
27-03-2013, 10:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

:thumbsup:

YehButNoBut
27-03-2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luB0aej4_rE

:thumbsup:

One of my greatest memories as a Hibs fan, Archibald was quality.

Followed him on twitter yesterday he had a lot to say on improving the set up for football in Scotland. :aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
27-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Is it really him?

green glory
27-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Is it really him?

Yes, the official Hibs Twitter account tweeted his address this morning.

Seems he's still not that keen on our penniless pink chums.

majorhibs
27-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes, the official Hibs Twitter account tweeted his address this morning.

Seems he's still not that keen on our penniless pink chums.

And theý willnae be too keen on him. Guy is a legend to me, came in at a time when we couldnae beat them for love luck or money, next thing not only are we beatin them, they are running scared every time he gets the ball & moves forward, you just couldnae believe how good that felt watchin the spawniest, filthiest, ugliest bunch ae inbreds gettin their comeuppance finally after 8 years & mainly down to one man, I hold my hands up thinking he was over the hill after being at Barca & Spurs & having seemed tae have dropped off the radar, what a football education Steve Archibald supplied to me at that time, that class is permanent, what an education for the players lucky enough to be at Hibs & learning fae him, but maist importantly, what a lesson he gave to the shower fae the shelter. Guy is class.

Shrekko
27-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Agree he was a cracking player but still amazes me that Hibs fans seem to forget the way he treated the club and the many less than complimentary things he said about them in the media whilst trying to get a transfer less than a year after he signed. He more or less went on strike and hardly did a thing in his 2nd season.

BroxburnHibee
27-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Think the day we gubbed Celtic 3-1 was a masterclass

Winston Ingram
28-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Think the day we gubbed Celtic 3-1 was a masterclass

His first season with us he was unreal, arguably the best player i've ever seen in a Hibs shirt. On a different planet:agree:

Just_Jimmy
29-03-2013, 01:45 AM
And theý willnae be too keen on him. Guy is a legend to me, came in at a time when we couldnae beat them for love luck or money, next thing not only are we beatin them, they are running scared every time he gets the ball & moves forward, you just couldnae believe how good that felt watchin the spawniest, filthiest, ugliest bunch ae inbreds gettin their comeuppance finally after 8 years & mainly down to one man, I hold my hands up thinking he was over the hill after being at Barca & Spurs & having seemed tae have dropped off the radar, what a football education Steve Archibald supplied to me at that time, that class is permanent, what an education for the players lucky enough to be at Hibs & learning fae him, but maist importantly, what a lesson he gave to the shower fae the shelter. Guy is class.

Were you a fan or no?

poolman
29-03-2013, 07:12 AM
:not worth Just imagine having Archibald, Latapy, Sauzee and Pat Stanton in the side at the same time :faint:

southsider
29-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Best Hibs team ? (4-4-2) 1)Roughie 2)Bobby Duncan 6) Sauzee 5)McNamee 3)Shades 7)Edwards 4)PS 8)Latapy 11)Cropley 9)Joe 10)Archiegoal

lapsedhibee
29-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Best Hibs team ? (4-4-2) 1)Roughie 2)Bobby Duncan 6) Sauzee 5)McNamee 3)Shades 7)Edwards 4)PS 8)Latapy 11)Cropley 9)Joe 10)Archiegoal

Bobby Duncan was good, but you'd never put him ahead of John Brownlie shirley? :confused:

southsider
29-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Bobby Duncan was good, but you'd never put him ahead of John Brownlie shirley? :confused:

Well perhaps through green tinted spex and a wonderful career in the making ruined by a 'tic thug Hughes gives him, in my book his place.Oh and his goal against Naples at ER.

heretoday
29-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Archibald was an arrogant sort but highly intelligent and a class player. Spurs, Barca, Hibs......need I say more.

I doubt we will ever see another player of his pedigree running out in a Hibs shirt again, except in a testimonial match!

weecounty hibby
29-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Two amazing games spring to mind when I think of him. 2-1 v Hearts at Tynie and 3-1 v Celtic at ER. He was pure class and I think, although I may be wrong, that he had the chance to go to Liverpool and chose us instead. Can anyone else remember if that is true

Andy74
29-03-2013, 07:32 PM
He's up to summit. Suddenly appears on twitter and on a campaign about Scottish football.

Archibald doesn't do anything that isn't about Archibald.

Jonnyboy
29-03-2013, 07:33 PM
He's up to summit. Suddenly appears on twitter and on a campaign about Scottish football.

Archibald doesn't do anything that isn't about Archibald.

Hmmm Strachan the link perhaps?

Phil D. Rolls
29-03-2013, 08:26 PM

Good to see you back MH. :aok:

Hibs History
18-04-2013, 11:30 AM
New Player Profile from the Hibernian Historical Trust

Featuring Steve Archibald

Link (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/player-profiles/item/144-steve-archibald)

GGTTH

keep the faith
18-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Not convinced that account is actually genuine. The style of posts are really like the attention seeking stuff from all these so called agent types on twitter. Might just be me, but i think its fake. Like the GOC one last year.