PDA

View Full Version : Thank God Thats Over

SMAXXA
27-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Think this may be the second time I've posted a similar thread but I always feel delighted when the international break is over and we can get back to the real stuff that actually matters and I feel passionate about.

Really miss the Hibs games when the national teams play.

Break had, let's now hit the ground running Hibs and have a great end to the season.

brydekirk
27-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Massive game on saturday, 3 points a must.

DarlingtonHibee
27-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Sad to say, but glad Griffiths was not called up.

As a kid really used to look forward to watching Scotland - not now.

Hibernia Na Eir
27-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I'd rather LG wasn't called up. seems every player called up to that 'national' squad is cursed.

JollyGreenGiant
27-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Think this may be the second time I've posted a similar thread but I always feel delighted when the international break is over and we can get back to the real stuff that actually matters and I feel passionate about.

Really miss the Hibs games when the national teams play.

Break had, let's now hit the ground running Hibs and have a great end to the season.

Have to agree, watching Hibs has hardly been exhilarating, but the international break with Scotland has been so depressing!

Can't wait to get back to the important stuff this weekend!

GGTTH

Judas Iscariot
27-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Genuinely didn't realise cotland were playing until a few hours before KO, both games..

Lack of interest is unreal

SMAXXA
27-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Have to agree, watching Hibs has hardly been exhilarating, but the international break with Scotland has been so depressing!

Can't wait to get back to the important stuff this weekend!

GGTTH

The last couple of years have been the most disinterested I have been with Scotland, not interested in them at all they are terrible to boot. I think if they had a squad of players made up from Hibs, Hearts, Well Aberdeen etc there may be more interest but unfortunalty the management team dont feel the quality is there.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2013, 10:47 AM
The last couple of years have been the most disinterested I have been with Scotland, not interested in them at all they are terrible to boot. I think if they had a squad of players made up from Hibs, Hearts, Well Aberdeen etc there may be more interest but unfortunalty the management team dont feel the quality is there.

I'd say its fortunate the management team don't feel the quality I there, as much as we are all fed up with whats on the pitch just now, the players in those teams with one or two exceptions are nowhere near as good as whats playing now.

Diclonius
27-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Absolutely. International weekend has been nothing short of depressing for the last few years and to me it always feels like a wasted footballing weekend.

.Sean.
27-03-2013, 11:51 AM
International football is *****.

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2013, 12:03 PM
We don't have enough Irishmen in the team?

SMAXXA
27-03-2013, 12:42 PM
I'd say its fortunate the management team don't feel the quality I there, as much as we are all fed up with whats on the pitch just now, the players in those teams with one or two exceptions are nowhere near as good as whats playing now.

I take your point and its fair enough however there are guys like -

Leigh
G M-Stevens
Dayton
Forrest
Mclean
Russell
Shinnie
Bell
Watt

etc that I believe should be brought in with some of the U21's and certain first team players there just now to really bleed these guys into a team ahead of the championships. The tried and tested ***** have let us down time and time again, I say get rid and go with these type of players, maybe not all but you get my point (I hope).

blackpoolhibs
27-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Leigh
G M-Stevens
Dayton
Forrest
Mclean
Russell
Shinnie
Bell
Watt

etc that I believe should be brought in with some of the U21's and certain first team players there just now to really bleed these guys into a team ahead of the championships. The tried and tested ***** have let us down time and time again, I say get rid and go with these type of players, maybe not all but you get my point (I hope).

I have no argument against what you say, we certainly have nothing to lose. The current team are poor, and going with the kids is our only other option, its sink or swim time.

Spike Mandela
27-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Time to go back to International games on a Wed night with no interruption to domestic football. We were better when it was like that anyway.

Hibercelona
27-03-2013, 01:04 PM
The good news is that the Scotland game last night was so bad, that Hibs will look like Barcelona at the weekend, even if they don't perform.

The Harp Awakes
27-03-2013, 01:53 PM

Leigh
G M-Stevens
Dayton
Forrest
Mclean
Russell
Shinnie
Bell
Watt

Totally agree with this. The view of recent Scotland Managers seems to be that if you play your football South of the Border you deserve a place before an SPL player. Strachan has continued this policy and I think he needs to change direction. Whilst the overall standard of player in the SPL has dropped in recent seasons there are still some decent players up here including those on your list.

There have been some really dire performances over the last 2 WC qualifiers from English based players; in particular McArthur, Caldwell, Whitakker & Adam. Maloney, & Burke who I like, were also far from their best and Snodgrass although decent when on the ball on Friday, cost us the game.

Diclonius
27-03-2013, 02:26 PM

Leigh
G M-Stevens
Dayton
Forrest
Mclean
Russell
Shinnie
Bell
Watt

Dayton is English.

He may have a Scottish granny, mind.. :wink:

heretoday
27-03-2013, 03:55 PM
I didn't watch either Scotland game and I didn't miss much by all accounts. It's too depressing for words.

Sir David Gray
27-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Absolutely. International weekend has been nothing short of depressing for the last few years and to me it always feels like a wasted footballing weekend.

Yep.

Especially when most of the games now are on a Friday night and there's absolutely nothing on a Saturday or Sunday!