PDA

View Full Version : NHC And you thought our referees were bad ...

--------
26-03-2013, 05:47 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/seedorf-sent-off-leaving-pitch-wrong-way-131856291.html

wearethehibs
26-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Referees are idiots like. How much time did the ref himself actually waste for the other team just cause he wanted to be centre of attention.

VickMackie
26-03-2013, 06:54 PM
The funny thing is he actually went the way that is universally accepted as the area to leave the pitch I.e. at te dug out.

1two
26-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Seedorf?

He must be in his 40's

LaMotta
26-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Seedorf?

He must be in his 40's

No he must not he's 36 :greengrin

Hibeesmad
27-03-2013, 04:25 AM
Match fixing at it's best

Future17
27-03-2013, 01:12 PM
I like Seedorf, but I think the referee was probably right in those circumstances. What is Seedorf playing at? The ref is quite clearly pointing for him to leave the pitch on the far side, so what is he up to? :confused:

Hibercelona
27-03-2013, 01:18 PM
I like Seedorf, but I think the referee was probably right in those circumstances. What is Seedorf playing at? The ref is quite clearly pointing for him to leave the pitch on the far side, so what is he up to? :confused:

The referee can't do that. Getting off at the side where the team mate comes on is not against the rules and is the standard thing to do.

The referee was in no position to book him there. But referees seem to re-write the rulebook these days to suite their own agendas.

Sergio sledge
27-03-2013, 02:26 PM
To be fair to the ref, he asked Seedorf to leave the pitch at the closest point and not waste time walking across the pitch to the dug outs. Seedorf has ignored the ref and started walking anyway so the ref tells him again which Seedorf ignores. I can quite easily see why the ref felt he needed to assert his authority in this situation as Seedorf is blatantly ignoring his instructions, undermining his authority on the pitch.

Anyway, does he book Seedorf for back chat, then book him again for time wasting? To be honest it is so frustrating watching players back chat and time waste at every opportunity especially when substitutions are happening, if all ref's were tough on this sort of thing as in this situation then it would quickly put a stop to it.