PDA

View Full Version : Sparky for Scotland

007 Mickey Weir
26-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Is it just me or is it weird that he has not been called up? Scotland were gash against Wales. Nobody wanted to do something different or have a crack at goal other than Snodgrass. Now with Fletcher, Snodgrass and possibly Miller all out. Why isnt strachan drafting in some striking options and the one player in the SPL that is on fire.

I would be looking to try out these youg players now that qualification is over. Griffiths, Shinnie, Mackay-Stevens and the like.

No better time than now.

Happy from a Hibs point of view that he hasn't been called up and is being kept fresh for the next 3 huge games we have.

Jones28
26-03-2013, 08:16 AM
I don't think anyone could argue that he should be next in line. I don't want him to be, purely from a Hibs point of view.

hibee92
26-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Is it just me or is it weird that he has not been called up? Scotland were gash against Wales. Nobody wanted to do something different or have a crack at goal other than Snodgrass. Now with Fletcher, Snodgrass and possibly Miller all out. Why isnt strachan drafting in some striking options and the one player in the SPL that is on fire.

I would be looking to try out these youg players now that qualification is over. Griffiths, Shinnie, Mackay-Stevens and the like.

No better time than now.

Happy from a Hibs point of view that he hasn't been called up and is being kept fresh for the next 3 huge games we have.

I might be wrong but I don't think he's allowed to call anyone up after a certain date regardless of injuries.

Tricla
26-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Absolutely. Billy McKay too.

I can't understand why the form players are overlooked for lower English lower league pish.

I thought we'd see a fresh approach post potter but it seems to be more of the same.

I'd have griffiths, McKay-Steven, McKay, shinnie, murphy, Rhodes, Wilson, Forrest et al all in the squad and getting game time.

We're out of it now so now is the time to gie these guys some competitive experience.

Cocaine&Caviar
26-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Absolutely. Billy McKay too.

I can't understand why the form players are overlooked for lower English lower leagues

I'd have griffiths, McKay-Steven, McKay, shinnie, murphy, Rhodes, Wilson, Forrest et al all in the squad and getting .

Billy McKay the English born Northern Irish Capped ICT striker?

Stevie Reid
26-03-2013, 08:22 AM
I don't think anyone could argue that he should be next in line. I don't want him to be, purely from a Hibs point of view.

:agree:

LaMotta
26-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Even the yams cant believe he wasnt in Strachans original squad.

hibee92
26-03-2013, 08:25 AM
I might be wrong but I don't think he's allowed to call anyone up after a certain date regardless of injuries.

Just noticed Paul Caddis has been called up. Turns out I'm talking p1sh for the first time ever :greengrin

Zazu62
26-03-2013, 08:26 AM
In any other country if your banging in the goals u get called up ... Their age , personality etc doesn't matter . He should be starting imo

hibsbollah
26-03-2013, 08:31 AM

:agree:

Part/Time Supporter
26-03-2013, 08:41 AM
I suspect he's not in because of the shoplifting charge. Although the SFA have been selective about that sort of thing in the past (Goodwillie).

Scottie
26-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Off field activities can be the only excuse for him not being called up

Shocking decision imo.

Amazed after injury to Fletch on Friday and the performance thereafter that the call wasn't made to Leigh.
His pace and craft is exactly what was needed for tonight as no doubt Strachan will play 1 up front.Leigh's been playing that role all year with us
We'll be fine though we have the goal machine Miller fit for the fight tonight :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
26-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Expected him to be called up after Fletch got injured and Commons didnt travel (personal reasons??). He has also proven he can play on his own up front so thought he would have been in.

Andy74
26-03-2013, 08:48 AM

No better time than now.

I think a squad was named initially that allowed for injuries etc. We only play one up front anyway and Rhodes and Miller are still in there.

Hibrandenburg
26-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Once we've got him on a decent contract then he can play for Scotland as much as he likes. Until then I'm happy for him to be overlooked.

southsider
26-03-2013, 10:05 AM
You witnessed the worst free kicks ever taken by a Scotland side. Even if LG had stood on the half way line and then took the free kicke he would have had a better chance of scoring than Kenny Miller ! Still save him for the real fitba. One win in April and another in May and we will be more than happy.

Tricla
26-03-2013, 10:16 AM

My bad. I did not realise that.

cabbageandribs1875
26-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Once we've got him on a decent contract then he can play for Scotland as much as he likes. Until then I'm happy for him to be overlooked.

:agree: i think the wee man is doing hibs a favour by not picking the sparkmeister :)

Aldo
26-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Not read the whole thread but don't want him called up but wrapped in cotton wool for the 13th apr

lord bunberry
26-03-2013, 10:42 AM

No it was another billy mckay

J-C
26-03-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm sure I heard somewhere that because we are heavily involved in the Kick Racism Out campaign, adding him to the last squad would've been too soon after his twitter rant, expect to see him called up the next squad though.

Billy Whizz
26-03-2013, 11:15 AM
He's due up in court this week re the Tesco incident. Probably the SFA thought it was better to leave him at home this time!

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/hibs-star-due-in-court-1-2855976

The Green Goblin
26-03-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm sure I heard somewhere that because we are heavily involved in the Kick Racism Out campaign, adding him to the last squad would've been too soon after his twitter rant, expect to see him called up the next squad though.

:agree: That was Cosgrove on Off the Ball. Could be some truth in it, but even so, it does seem to be same old same old with Scotland squad - Adam, Miller etc etc

Greendub
26-03-2013, 12:01 PM
That's a bit daft then considering how England didn't bat a eyelid about picking a full blown racist to be in their team.

Ross4356
26-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Has he not been reported to the Polis for a racist tweet to? If so untill that is dealt with he is going nowhere near the national team

CorrieHibs
26-03-2013, 12:23 PM

No better time than now.

Griffths should be in the squad, he's the top scottish goal scorer in the league. Baffles me how Miller was in squad. We haven't qulaified for a major competition with him in it before so don't know how folk think he'll make be any difference. Granted he's very proud to play for scotland and that but he's just not good enough. Interesting to see if Griffths would be in the squad if he played for Smeltic! Thats always been Scotlands problem!

clerriehibs
26-03-2013, 12:44 PM
:agree: That was Cosgrove on Off the Ball. Could be some truth in it, but even so, it does seem to be same old same old with Scotland squad - Adam, Miller etc etc

Cosgrove is an erse who makes up his ***** in a "I know what I talking about ergo it is true" fanny voice.

fat freddy
26-03-2013, 04:26 PM
the more things change the more they stay the same.

strachan has the chance to rebuild the squad and he has 5 world cup qualifiers to tinker with his players with an eye towards the future...so what does he do?..plays kenny miller and leaves out the most exciting talent the country has....im am utterly sick of the mentality of every manager that gets the scotland job...we have a real opportunity to build a new side but we just go over the same old ground...its heartbreaking.

H18Y GW
26-03-2013, 04:31 PM
How Kenny Miller is playing is beyond me, between him and Caldwell, it's back to the Roxburgh days that it was harder to get out the team .

Hibercelona
26-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Kenny Miller is years past it, but stays in the sqaud anyway. :confused:

How Caldwell has made is so far in the footballing world is nothing short of baffling. He makes more school boy errors than a school boy. The fact he makes so much money in the footballing world is sickening.

Jonnyboy
26-03-2013, 10:03 PM

How Caldwell has made is so far in the footballing world is nothing short of baffling. He makes more school boy errors than a school boy. The fact he makes so much money in the footballing world is sickening.

:agree: :top marks

edinburghhibee
26-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Only just better at it than Titus bramble

Hibercelona
26-03-2013, 10:36 PM
I reckon he's made more glaring errors in his career than Bramble.

It's infuriating that somebody can make millions in a career that they really aren't very good at. It's not that he's even "not very good", he's actually garbage.

H18Y GW
27-03-2013, 03:57 AM
I reckon he's made more glaring errors in his career than Bramble.

It's infuriating that somebody can make millions in a career that they really aren't very good at. It's not that he's even "not very good", he's actually garbage.

I think his problems started when he signed the pre contract with the Soapies and ****** up v Aberdeen , it's been downhill and more and more money ever since ... How does that work out ?!?!?!