PDA

View Full Version : NHC Brazil v Russia tonight

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Live on itv4, 1930 ko.

Should be worth a look.

vercol36
25-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Only just turned it on now, know what the line-ups are?

The Green Goblin
25-03-2013, 07:44 PM
One of the most boring games I have ever seen. Sitting in a dentists waiting room in sao paulo listening to people absolutely slaughtering the brazilian players. Public opinion has turned against them. At this rate, brazil are going to get royally pumped out of their own world cup early doors next year.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-03-2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.livegoals.com/gamecenter/brazil-vs-russia-25-03-2013

Only just turned it on now, know what the line-ups are?

hfc rd
25-03-2013, 07:59 PM
How is that Neymar playing? He's supposed to be the next big Brazilian talent that all the big major clubs want to sign. Personally whenever I have seen him, I don't think he is anywhere near as good as what the likes of Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho were at their peak.

leither17
25-03-2013, 08:04 PM
How is that Neymar playing? He's supposed to be the next big Brazilian talent that all the big major clubs want to sign. Personally whenever I have seen him, I don't think he is anywhere near as good as what the likes of Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho were at their peak.

Utter mince was the same against Italy last week he still has a lot to learn

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Russia in my opinion are every bit as good/bad as Brazil, if the world cup was played next week, i'd discount both teams as potential winners.

Viva_Palmeiras
25-03-2013, 09:18 PM
My wife called the little we saw of the game "peladar" which I may not have got the spelling right.

basically means its like a barefoot kick about.

The Green Goblin
25-03-2013, 09:18 PM

He's a big fish in the small pond that is the state league here. Over the last couple of seasons, he has turned in some phenomenal performances and scored some amazing goals, suggesting that he does have the potential to be as big/good as those players. The current weak national side doesn't help him, but also he is being found out a bit against a better quality of opposition. Regardless of what happens with him and Brazil next year in the world cup, he will almost certainly make a big move to europe (I read that Barca have paid to have first dibs on him) and it's at that point that we'll find out if he really has it in him or not.

Hibercelona
25-03-2013, 10:54 PM
My wife called the little we saw of the game "peladar" which I may not have got the spelling right.

basically means its like a barefoot kick about.

With a ball full of sand.

essexhibee
25-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Neymar is a diving cheating scrote that tried tarring the name of the great Tartan Army with allegations of racism that proved to be unfounded.

Wee bassa.

hibee92
26-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Neymar is a diving cheating scrote that tried tarring the name of the great Tartan Army with allegations of racism that proved to be unfounded.

Wee bassa.

Correct. He can play a bit though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bze1tqF7sio

hibsbollah
26-03-2013, 08:36 AM
He's a big fish in the small pond that is the state league here. Over the last couple of seasons, he has turned in some phenomenal performances and scored some amazing goals, suggesting that he does have the potential to be as big/good as those players. The current weak national side doesn't help him, but also he is being found out a bit against a better quality of opposition. Regardless of what happens with him and Brazil next year in the world cup, he will almost certainly make a big move to europe (I read that Barca have paid to have first dibs on him) and it's at that point that we'll find out if he really has it in him or not.

I'll defer to your on-the-spot knowledge :greengrin but Fernando Duarte was saying that Neymar earns so much in sponsorship linked to him continuing to play in Brazil, that he's unlikely to go anywhere for a while. Have you heard that?

He's capable of some unbelievable skill.

The Green Goblin
26-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I'll defer to your on-the-spot knowledge :greengrin but Fernando Duarte was saying that Neymar earns so much in sponsorship linked to him continuing to play in Brazil, that he's unlikely to go anywhere for a while. Have you heard that?

He's capable of some unbelievable skill.

I think that's the first time anyone has ever "deferred" to me on this site in the last 12-13 years :greengrin Hooray!

I heard last year that he was earning around R3million a month (£1million) of which Santos were paying R1m and the other R2m was from sponsorship and ad deals. (He has been in some right cringeworthy ads too- I'll see if I can find any :greengrin) That info might be out of date now though.

What I also heard was that the Brazilian FA helped facilitate this situation in order to keep him in Brazil at least up until the world cup, so they could "keep an eye on him/protect him" etc.

hibsbollah
26-03-2013, 11:37 AM
:aok: sounds about right.

NOLA
26-03-2013, 12:27 PM
I changed channels before halftime, maybe its the wall to wall football available to watch nowadays but more and more I find myself bored and not really bovvered anymore ;)