PDA

View Full Version : Well done Mixu

jacomo
25-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Quality result against Spain at the weekend.

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/sport/football/paatelainen-hails-finland-heroes-after-taming-spain-1-2854742

Would love to see the big man succeed as a manager.

Pretty Boy
25-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Top guy who loves Hibs.

Some of the abuse he got when he was manager here was, quite frankly, a disgrace. Ok we weren't great but people starting to call him things like mixup or the fat finn where well out of order.

Captain Trips
25-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Top guy who loves Hibs.

Some of the abuse he got when he was manager here was, quite frankly, a disgrace. Ok we weren't great but people starting to call him things like mixup or the fat finn where well out of order.

Indeed you get a gut feeling about some managers, Mixu, JC, Yogi all were people I felt had the desire/passion were CC I never got that, PF has the passion too. I am still to be convinced on PF but personal stuff isnt on.

Hibercelona
25-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Top guy who loves Hibs.

Out of order, but unfortunately not out of the ordinary.

Any manager will get hounded if they aren't working instant miracles.

Winston Ingram
25-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Top guy who loves Hibs.

Personal stuff was out of order. During his time as Hibs manager he was by far and away the most clueless manager I have ever seen:agree:

Billy Whizz
25-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Personal stuff was out of order. During his time as Hibs manager he was by far and away the most clueless manager I have ever seen:agree:

Disagree, think he just needed more time. Liked te way his Hibs team tried to play, but he needed a few more transfer windows to get them.
Great derby record he had as well!

Winston Ingram
25-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Disagree, think he just needed more time. Liked te way his Hibs team tried to play, but he needed a few more transfer windows to get them.
Great derby record he had as well!

I think we will have to. I could write a book on that season. His style of play was decent at Kilmarnock but here it was horrific. The phrase I remember most commonly used on here to describe it was 'football that could make your eyes bleed'.

I'm all for giving someone a chance if they show promise but his tactics were just baffling.

His league record against Hearts was excellent.

Peevemor
25-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Indeed you get a gut feeling about some managers, Mixu, JC, Yogi all were people I felt had the desire/passion were CC I never got that, PF has the passion too. I am still to be convinced on PF but personal stuff isnt on.

Collins - desire? passion? Is that why he bailed out when things weren't going right for him?

Winston Ingram
25-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Collins - desire? passion? Is that why he bailed out when things weren't going right for him?

I never saw any

Reaper
25-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Calderwood not included, I think the last few managers have suffered as a result of natural decline of the team on the park tbh. When Collins took over, whatever you may think of him, he took a great team at its peak with Hibs and I felt it was always going to start to break up after the League cup win (indeed even before if you include Thomsons departure). We were always going to struggle to maintain that standard as lets face it we'd probably been spoilt a bit with a great crop of young players coming through at the same time.

Once that team started to break up, it was like a water ripple effect and managers thereafter were continually effected. All had to try and get quick fixes then replace them later on, thus having an effect on the finances etc and became a never ending story. Certainly this January is the forst for a long time that I can remember us not having to make wholesale chnages to the squad and panic but with players who were clearly only going to be a short term fix.

Peevemor
25-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Calderwood not included, I think the last few managers have suffered as a result of natural decline of the team on the park tbh. When Collins took over, whatever you may think of him, he took a great team at its peak with Hibs and I felt it was always going to start to break up after the League cup win (indeed even before if you include Thomsons departure). We were always going to struggle to maintain that standard as lets face it we'd probably been spoilt a bit with a great crop of young players coming through at the same time.

Once that team started to break up, it was like a water ripple effect and managers thereafter were continually effected. All had to try and get quick fixes then replace them later on, thus having an effect on the finances etc and became a never ending story. Certainly this January is the forst for a long time that I can remember us not having to make wholesale chnages to the squad and panic but with players who were clearly only going to be a short term fix.

Whilst I agree with most of that, Collins exacerbated thngs by signing the biggest collection of huddies ever seen at ER, many on decent length contracts, then naffed off leaving his successors to try and sort it out. It didn't need to become as bad as it did - far from it.

Winston Ingram
25-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Whilst I agree with most of that, Collins exacerbated thngs by signing the biggest collection of huddies ever seen at ER, many on decent length contracts, then naffed off leaving his successors to try and sort it out. It didn't need to become as bad as it did - far from it.

Some belters iirc. gathuessi, Noubissie, Antoine-Curier, Morais, O'Brien, Joneleit, Kerr.

Mixu wasn't far behind with his quality of signings. Zarabi, Rankin, Van Zanten, Thicot, Keenan, Johansson etc

fatbloke
26-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Some belters iirc. gathuessi, Noubissie, Antoine-Curier, Morais, O'Brien, Joneleit, Kerr.

Mixu wasn't far behind with his quality of signings. Zarabi, Rankin, Van Zanten, Thicot, Keenan, Johansson etc

Hibs legend now:greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
26-03-2013, 01:56 AM

I think Riordan and Murray can be added IIRC, but jeezo That list of Mixu signings is horrid. One I never wish to see again.

marinello59
26-03-2013, 06:53 AM

Rankin, not playing the game much differently at the Arabs but constantly getting good reviews.
Van Zanten, has shown at St Mirren that he is a very decent standard SPL defender, as with Rankin he hasn't changed his game much.
Johannson, many Hibs fans were pleased with that signing at the time.

Peevemor
26-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Rankin, not playing the game much differently at the Arabs but constantly getting good reviews.
Van Zanten, has shown at St Mirren that he is a very decent standard SPL defender, as with Rankin he hasn't changed his game much.

And plenty on here rated Keenan.

Winston Ingram
26-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Rankin & DVZ have done better since they left no doubt. There is also no doubt they were hopeless here. Rankin was a player I couldn't believe I actually paid money to watch. Utterly brainless

3pm
26-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Keenan was the worst of the lot. At least Kerr scored against the filth.

Where's Thicot now?! I liked him but he always had a bad game after a good one. Marked Robbie Keane out a game at Easter Road. Still, not missed.

bigwheel
26-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Keenan was the worst of the lot. At least Kerr scored against the filth.

Where's Thicot now?! I liked him but he always had a bad game after a good one. Marked Robbie Keane out a game at Easter Road. Still, not missed.

Agree with the Keenan point - in a list of poor players over the years , he is right up there - should never have worn the jersey ...

Winston Ingram
26-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Agree with the Keenan point - in a list of poor players over the years , he is right up there - should never have worn the jersey ...

The worst thing about Keenan was he was released by clubs of not particularly high standard for the prev 3 years. He should never have even got a trial never mind a contract. Says alot that the guy is only 30 and hasn't kicked a ball at pro level for nearly 2 years:agree: