PDA

View Full Version : Need a football fix today?

HH81
24-03-2013, 10:19 AM
FA Trophy game from Wembley on 134 on sky at 3pm Grimsby v Wrexham. Will be in welsh though

Tranmere v Stevenage on sky sports 1 at 4.

Better than nothing? Maybe not....

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Its not a bad game, 2-1 to Tranmere and chances galore at both ends. The pitch is in lovely condition too, Tranmere must have those lights that enhance grass growth. :wink:

marti1875
24-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Its not a bad game, 2-1 to Tranmere and chances galore at both ends. The pitch is in lovely condition too, Tranmere must have those lights that enhance grass growth. :wink:

Do they have any lights that enhance hair growth too by any chance? i could be interested, :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Do they have any lights that enhance hair growth too by any chance? i could be interested, :greengrin

I dont think there are, you could always get a rug? :greengrin This game is an advert for plastic pitches, nobody will ever convince me they are not better than that?

iwasthere1972
24-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Hope Wrexham got stuffed. Got this sudden dislike for Wrexham and Bryan Flynn. I know he manages Doncaster but he's so much up himself in his interviews.

blackpoolhibs
24-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Hope Wrexham got stuffed. Got this sudden dislike for Wrexham and Bryan Flynn. I know he manages Doncaster but he's so much up himself in his interviews.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8595352/Wrexham-lift-the-FA-Trophy-after-beating-Grimsby-4-1-on-penalties

:tee hee:

tamig
24-03-2013, 06:47 PM

I saw the Tranmere pitch on SSN yesterday and there were squads of fans with brushes and shovels clearing the pitch of snow. They did brilliantly to get the game on.

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2013, 07:19 AM
I saw the Tranmere pitch on SSN yesterday and there were squads of fans with brushes and shovels clearing the pitch of snow. They did brilliantly to get the game on.

:agree: It was mentioned during the game, i think they said around 100? That pitch will never recover this season from this, and imo is a great case for the new plastic pitches.

southsider
25-03-2013, 10:33 AM
This International weekend has been murder for football fans. Nae Hibs game, nae 5pm game on Saturday, nae spanish fitba, nae Premiership highlights with the gorgeous Sarah-Jane Mee. Nae proper goals on sunday will 45 seconds of SPL "highlights and nae sunday afternoons in the pub watching live premiership games. Mind you i would scrap the lot to watch Hibs on a saturday at 3pm.

JimBHibees
25-03-2013, 12:05 PM
:agree: It was mentioned during the game, i think they said around 100? That pitch will never recover this season from this, and imo is a great case for the new plastic pitches.

Totally agree saw a bit of Saracens Harlequins rugby game yesterday and they were playing on a brand new artificial surface and the players were saying it was very good to play on. The sooner this happens the better IMO both in terms of the quality of the pitch, encourage teams to pass the ball more hopefully resulting in better quality games and increased revenue for clubs.

steve75
25-03-2013, 12:12 PM
This International weekend has been murder for football fans. Nae Hibs game, nae 5pm game on Saturday, nae spanish fitba, nae Premiership highlights with the gorgeous Sarah-Jane Mee. Nae proper goals on sunday will 45 seconds of SPL "highlights and nae sunday afternoons in the pub watching live premiership games. Mind you i would scrap the lot to watch Hibs on a saturday at 3pm.

Has been murder.

However Brazil v Russia at 7.10 on itv4 tonight should be worth a watch!

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Totally agree saw a bit of Saracens Harlequins rugby game yesterday and they were playing on a brand new artificial surface and the players were saying it was very good to play on. The sooner this happens the better IMO both in terms of the quality of the pitch, encourage teams to pass the ball more hopefully resulting in better quality games and increased revenue for clubs.

I'm not a rugby fan, but know enough about the game to realise its completely different to football. How were the challenges, and did they notice any real difference to grass?

You have to think if rugby can be played on this surface, then we surely cant be far from having them in every ground in Scotland?

JimBHibees
25-03-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm not a rugby fan, but know enough about the game to realise its completely different to football. How were the challenges, and did they notice any real difference to grass?

You have to think if rugby can be played on this surface, then we surely cant be far from having them in every ground in Scotland?

To be honest it didnt seem much different to any other game. Completely agree with your second point.

tamig
25-03-2013, 09:23 PM
To be honest it didnt seem much different to any other game. Completely agree with your second point.

I heard one of the director guys from Saracens on 5 Live yesterday before the game and he was saying that the new pitch would be used by the local community every day of the week and would be a huge boost for the club. the reporter asked him about the pitch and what kind of footwear the players would use and the guy said they would be wearing normal studs. It really does sound like a great surface and I think these pitches just get better all the time. I'd love to see one at ER.

http://www.saracens.com/allianz-park-gallery/

blackpoolhibs
25-03-2013, 09:25 PM
I heard one of the director guys from Saracens on 5 Live yesterday before the game and he was saying that the new pitch would be used by the local community every day of the week and would be a huge boost for the club. the reporter asked him about the pitch and what kind of footwear the players would use and the guy said they would be wearing normal studs. It really does sound like a great surface and I think these pitches just get better all the time. I'd love to see one at ER.

I really can see them at most grounds in Scotland within the next 5-10 years, finance will demand it.