PDA

View Full Version : does rod read this ?

southsider
23-03-2013, 09:14 AM
I recently tried to buy 4 hospitality season memberships for the eighteen75 lounge. At a total cost of £3000 i thought i would try to help the club. All i asked in return was hospitality or west stand tickets for any cup games, in other words join the cup top up scheme. This was turned down flat with no compromise offered. What a way to run a football club when every new pound should be a prisoner. I e-mailed Scott Lindsay on tuesday and as yet i am still waiting on a reply

Baldy Foghorn
23-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I recently tried to buy 4 hospitality season memberships for the eighteen75 lounge. At a total cost of £3000 i thought i would try to help the club. All i asked in return was hospitality or west stand tickets for any cup games, in other words join the cup top up scheme. This was turned down flat with no compromise offered. What a way to run a football club when every new pound should be a prisoner. I e-mailed Scott Lindsay on tuesday and as yet i am still waiting on a reply

Scott Lindsay left the Club a while back.....

Mikey
23-03-2013, 09:19 AM

Giving stuff away is no way to run a football club :wink:

Jack
23-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Rod doesn't read this - he has a man that does that for him.

marinello59
23-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Rod doesn't read this - he has a man that does that for him.

Smithers. :agree:

spike220
23-03-2013, 10:07 AM

On another note, I thought the Hospitality at Easter road is excellent value and worth every penny. I haven't been that often but really enjoyed it when I have gone.

Good luck with the cup tickets!

GGTTH

Chibs
23-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Yawn

down-the-slope
23-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Scott Lindsay left the Club a while back.....

Like last year........

Northernhibee
23-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Tell you something, the quality of the quails eggs that go with the prawn sandwiches at ER nowadays has really declined.

PETRIE!!! :grr:

Alfred E Newman
23-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Obviously £3000 is a lot of money and you must have access to the funds through a business I would imagine but what you are suggesting is no different from someone scraping together £400 for a season and asking the club to give them the cup top up for nothing. I would say you are trying it on , if you want to help the club and can afford it just buy the hospitality seasons.

MacBean
23-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Obviously £3000 is a lot of money and you must have access to the funds through a business I would imagine but what you are suggesting is no different from someone scraping together £400 for a season and asking the club to give them the cup top up for nothing. I would say you are trying it on , if you want to help the club and can afford it just buy the hospitality seasons.
:aok:

Beefster
23-03-2013, 12:36 PM

Do M&S throw in a free vest when you buy your undercrackers?

You tried to negotiate, you failed. Suck it up, be a man and buy the STs.

VickMackie
23-03-2013, 12:39 PM
It sounds to me like he wanted first offer rather than free tickets.

Danderhall Hibs
23-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Try again mate - I just bought a ST and said I wanted some free stuff as well. They couldn't give me the free stuff but sold me the ST for £300.

Don't ask you don't get.

jacomo
23-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I e-mailed Scott Lindsay on tuesday and as yet i am still waiting on a reply

:faf:

cocopops1875
23-03-2013, 08:07 PM
It sounds to me like he wanted first offer rather than free tickets.

No it sounds like he wants to join the cup top up scheme, Which involves "FREE" Tickets :wink:

Hibercelona
23-03-2013, 08:53 PM

If I ever buy a house that costs me more than 100k, i'll demand to get a free Mercedes to go with it :agree:

Is this thread serious?

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2013, 12:04 AM

"All I asked in return" you sound as if you think you are doing Hibs a favour when you are doing nothing more than the rest of us ST holders are doing so why should they give you cup top up tickets for free? I don't blame you for asking but take the refusal on the chin instead of making out you are being hard done to when you're not!

IWasThere2016
24-03-2013, 07:01 AM
Reasonable question to ask IMHO, and a reasonable response given.

Danderhall Hibs
24-03-2013, 08:23 AM

I was just about to post similar. In normal business those spending more are more valuable and get preferential treatment so despite all the "outrage"at the question and mickey taking from others I don't see a problem asking the question.

In fact I thought the club would've tried to accommodate the request - presumably there are folk queing up for the hospitality season tickets though so they're in a position to decline.

matty_f
24-03-2013, 08:52 AM

Yep, no harm in asking and to be fair, it's fair enough saying no.

Woody70x2
24-03-2013, 09:08 AM

Yam :na na:

cocopops1875
24-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I was just about to post similar. In normal business those spending more are more valuable and get preferential treatment so despite all the "outrage"at the question and mickey taking from others I don't see a problem asking the question.

In fact I thought the club would've tried to accommodate the request - presumably there are folk queing up for the hospitality season tickets though so they're in a position to decline.

Just out of interest do you think that he wont be gettting "preferential treatment" for his money ? he is paying for a product (much the same as any hospitality punter) which has an advertised price (Much the same as a season ticket) if i buy 4 Season tickets i dont get anything extra?

Hainan Hibs
24-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Hopefully Rod does read this as when I forked out for a pizza and didnae get a free pie my limit was breached:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
24-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Just out of interest do you think that he wont be gettting "preferential treatment" for his money ? he is paying for a product (much the same as any hospitality punter) which has an advertised price (Much the same as a season ticket) if i buy 4 Season tickets i dont get anything extra?

Don't know mate. I'm just equating his situation to a non-football situation.

southsider
25-03-2013, 10:18 AM
I was not looking for any freebies, just to participate in the cup top up scheme which is available for £25, until 1/4/13. we have now all bought our regular ST's but would have liked the hospitality package without the hassle of getting cup tickets. This club does have some great schemes, such as Kicks for Kids, which seems to be a fab help to all. GGTTH