PDA

View Full Version : Wootherspoon & Doyle

Humo
22-03-2013, 06:42 PM
With their contracts expiring at the end of the season i was wondering would you extend their contracts?

Personally:
Doyle no
Wootherspoon yes

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Doyle's yes, Wotherspoon I wouldn't mind going if he was replaced by a winger who is prepared to have a go at a full back.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Not bothered if either leave to be honest.

They've not been bad enough that I actively want them to go, I just don't particularly care either way.

hibee_girl
22-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Doyle absolutely, he's not been at his best lately but I still say he's one of the most intelligent football players we have.

Wotherspoon I'm genuinely not bothered about.

kentao
22-03-2013, 08:09 PM
Doyle = Yes
Spoony = No

fat freddy
22-03-2013, 08:10 PM
the thread title sounds like a pub chain...''Im going for a bar lunch at Wotherspoon and Doyles, 2 meals for a tenner and happy hour from 6 till 7''

i'd give them both a contract...spoony is a £1 million pound player and doyle has taken a while to get used to the demands of the spl...another year should tell us if he's the real deal...he can score as we've seen but he's lacking confidence at the moment....with leigh off in the summer doyle will be our only recognised striker with any experience...we need two new strikers to allow him to develop without the pressure of being the no.1 choice.

'two more pints barman and can i pay for the meal?'

HibernianJK
22-03-2013, 08:56 PM
the thread title sounds like a pub chain...''Im going for a bar lunch at Wotherspoon and Doyles, 2 meals for a tenner and happy hour from 6 till 7''

i'd give them both a contract...spoony is a £1 million pound player and doyle has taken a while to get used to the demands of the spl...another year should tell us if he's the real deal...he can score as we've seen but he's lacking confidence at the moment....with leigh off in the summer doyle will be our only recognised striker with any experience...we need two new strikers to allow him to develop without the pressure of being the no.1 choice.

One million pound player are you daft?

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2013, 09:00 PM
With their contracts expiring at the end of the season i was wondering would you extend their contracts?

Personally:
Doyle no
Wootherspoon yes

Depends on how good their baking skills are.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Doyle yes. Wotherspoon, no, I think he needs a step down to get performances every week.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:45 PM

:faf: :top marks

Dinkydoo
22-03-2013, 09:50 PM
They should both be playing for a new contract at the moment. If we can find able replacements, I wouldn't be looking to extend either of their contracts on the performances this season so far.

On their day they can be good players, but its not frequent enough for us to be keeping them on as first team players IMO.

hihohibby
22-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I would keep neither, as both appear incapable of stepping up another notch to the next level, where Hibs should be aiming. By this I mean serious contenders for runners up spot next season.

JMac
22-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Don't care about either to be honest, would only keep them if they're happy to be subs and are on minimal pay

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Neither, Spoony needs a fresh start somewhere else and Doyle has not changed my initial opinion of him.

Forza Fred
22-03-2013, 10:52 PM
They should both be playing for a new contract at the moment. If we can find able replacements, I wouldn't be looking to extend either of their contracts on the performances this season so far.

On their day they can be good players, but its not frequent enough for us to be keeping them on as first team players IMO.

I think something that needs to 'be taken into account is how much it will cost to replace them wtth better players....if we can attract better replacements that is.

Having said that i think Wotherspoon has the potential to make the grade, but to use racing track parlance, I fear Dpyle doesnt have much improvement left in him.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 10:53 PM

At which sport?

sesoim
22-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Wotherpoon had great potential, but Fenlon has tried and failed to get the best out of him. Another manager might well get the best out of him, but tbh it's been painful watching him for Hibs lately.

Doyle wil do a decent job for someone, but again, I get frustrated watching him, mainly because his finishing is awfu at times.

I would let both of them go, there will be better, affordable, free transfers available in the summer, we just have to make sure that, this time, we get them.

Eyrie
22-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Wotherspoon may be a £1m player on Football Manager, but he isn't one in real life. We have enough other options in midfield that we can let him move on with best wishes, but if he stays he'll continue to frustrate us.

I would give Doyle on the other hand a one year extension, if only to give us some stability up front. We don't know if we'll have Griffiths next year and without him we will only have the kids Caldwell and Handling left. Fenlon needs to find the right partner for him though.

monktonharp
22-03-2013, 11:22 PM
I think something that needs to 'be taken into account is how much it will cost to replace them wtth better players....if we can attract better replacements that is.

Having said that i think Wotherspoon has the potential to make the grade, but to use racing track parlance, I fear Dpyle doesnt have much improvement left in him.sorry, disagree on both points. have seen enough of spoony over the last 3 years, to decide that he husnae got it. we all ken that he can turn it on at times but why the hell can he just no concentrate on what's going on around him. he puts his hand up, to other players as if to say:sorry, I could/should have seen what your pass meant/didnae mean to give it to them etc so apologies or, I meant something else blah blah. a mate of mine keeps sayin' this laddie has done brilliant for scotland under 20's. I then ask, when the f/ck is he gonnae do brilliant for hfc?. Doyle, I'm undecided. cant see much improvement, but he is at a "low" at the moment. prove me wrong doyley!

CalgaryHibs
22-03-2013, 11:25 PM

Personally:
Doyle no
Wootherspoon yes

Agree with you here, Doyle has been a bust.

monktonharp
22-03-2013, 11:28 PM

Having said that i think Wotherspoon has the potential to make the grade, but to use racing track parlance, I fear Dpyle doesnt have much improvement left in him.after having a closer look at what you say,I have decided that my opinion(and it is only mine) is that we should punt him(widdenheid) and tell the other gadge that he's on short time. if he cannae cut the mustard. end of.

trev the hat
22-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Agree with you here, Doyle has been a bust.

Surely u jest ?

J-C
22-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Neither, Spoony needs a fresh start somewhere else and Doyle has not changed my initial opinion of him.

:agree:

Dinkydoo
23-03-2013, 12:26 AM

Having said that i think Wotherspoon has the potential to make the grade, but to use racing track parlance, I fear Dpyle doesnt have much improvement left in him.

I don't think it would be all that costly to replace either player, to be honest. I don't dislike either of them but if they do sign a new deal I'll be expecting a little more quality and consistency from the pair of them - but that also goes for Deegan too, whenever his contract is up.

We have went from a really poor, relegation bound team to an average side who puts in the odd excellent performance. I believe we have some players who can help us become a good top 4 side next season but similarly, we also have others that will likely let us down time and time again.

Wotherspoon is very inconsistent and lacks confidence.

Doyle has a poor first touch and frankly, for a 'striker', he just isn't clinical enough.

frazeHFC
23-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Both ae tum

EdinMike
23-03-2013, 04:16 AM
If Wotherspoon is worth £1million then I'm at least worth £100k and so I'm off to plunder the lower leagues of England, wish me well on my professional football career !

I'll be up playing for Hibs in a few years, you can boo me then :wink:

Question on hand ? Meh. Players come and go.

cad
23-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Dont see what either brings to Pats re-build of our club TBH

Moon unit
23-03-2013, 07:19 AM
I would keep neither, as both appear incapable of stepping up another notch to the next level, where Hibs should be aiming. By this I mean serious contenders for runners up spot next season.

Both are young players who we should be developing and are capable of doing a good job for Hibs!...it feels like some fans think we are some money crazed team.... "get rid of Doyle and Spoony and bring in Messi" - leave that type on mindset to the trumpets at the 'TPB ' please!!!

JimBHibees
23-03-2013, 07:20 AM

Personally:
Doyle no
Wootherspoon yes

IMO Yam :greengrin

Beefster
23-03-2013, 08:37 AM
spoony is a £1 million pound player

If Wotherspoon is worth £1m, Griffiths and Williams must be worth £40m each.

BoltonHibee
23-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Wotherspoon yes, I still think he has something, just need to get it out of him. Doyle - No. Get shot of

Treadstone
23-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Both are young players who we should be developing and are capable of doing a good job for Hibs!...it feels like some fans think we are some money crazed team.... "get rid of Doyle and Spoony and bring in Messi" - leave that type on mindset to the trumpets at the 'TPB ' please!!!

Doyle is 25 and Wotherspoon is 23. How much longer can they hide behind the 'young player' tag ?

I shudder to think how many goals Doyle would score playing up front with an 'Eoin Doyle' type rather than Griffiths. He won't be coming back to haunt us.

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Wotherspoon yes, I still think he has something, just need to get it out of him. Doyle - No. Get shot of

Maybe you could take him on loan Moray, and see if you can get that something out of him? :wink:

Fergus52
23-03-2013, 10:41 AM
I'd say that doyles return has been pretty good considering he's had very limited time up front (his preffered position) and when he has it's been with sparky who's been scoring for fun all season.

Yes his forms dipped a bit, but he's easily good enough to be our main back up for either wing and up top next year. Won't be on a high wage either.

Treadstone
23-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Yes his forms dipped a bit, but he's easily good enough to be our main back up for either wing and up top next year. Won't be on a high wage either.

So the gist is keep him because he is affordable?

BoltonHibee
23-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Maybe you could take him on loan Moray, and see if you can get that something out of him? :wink:

Wotherspoon yes, Doyle no! :)

Heisenberg
23-03-2013, 11:06 AM
We're still waiting on Wotherspoon to produce for more than 10 or so games a season, he's started brilliantly this season and as usual dipped off and hasn't been consistent for the remainder. If either of them leave I wouldn't be bothered tbh.

fat freddy
23-03-2013, 12:42 PM
i stand by my statement that spoony is worth £1 million....his worth may only be seen when he leaves hibs but i believe he has a very bright future if he is managed correctly...football allows different opinions and im happy that im right and those that disagreed with me are wrong.

J-C
23-03-2013, 01:14 PM
i stand by my statement that spoony is worth £1 million....his worth may only be seen when he leaves hibs but i believe he has a very bright future if he is managed correctly...football allows different opinions and im happy that im right and those that disagreed with me are wrong.

So going by your logic. Mackay-Stevens and Russell wound be around £5m, Ojama would be £4m and that would make Griffiths around the £8m mark, get a grip. :confused:

Heisenberg
23-03-2013, 01:18 PM
No chance Wotherspoon will be worth a million any time soon. You actually have to sustain your form for longer than a few games at a time to be worth that kind of money.

Up The Bracket
23-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Doyle - aye, works hard, scores goals, is a decent finisher. However, he is not being used correctly at the moment.

He is not the type of player who we should bring on when we're getting beat and need to change a game, he's a player who will chase and harry and get into good positions. He should be starting in games where we are playing defensively or when we are defending a lead. His best game for us was at home to Celtic when we were defending a lead and he was doing a lot of running and working his arse off.

Spoony - at the moment, no. If he recupperates his form, yes.

He was superb in September/October this year, he played his best game for Hibs in the 4-0 game at Fir Park and was on confidence and he was happy to beat a man. Right now, he has no confidence whatsoever, against Hearts, he was passed the ball and it went under his foot and out for a throw in. He had a chance to run at McHattie, who is completely ***** and he shat himself and passed it back to Maybury. Unless he can get his confidence back, a move would be good for both parties.

InterviewLoI
23-03-2013, 01:26 PM

Thats impressive,Wotherspoon is worth not only a million pound but a million pound pound

MrRobot
23-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Doyle yes.
Spoony im not so bothered about.

Wotherspiniesta
23-03-2013, 01:57 PM
So going by your logic. Mackay-Stevens and Russell wound be around £5m, Ojama would be £4m and that would make Griffiths around the £8m mark, get a grip. :confused:

I wouldn't be surprised if these players were worth that sort of money in the future.

Steven Fletcher was recently bought for around £13m IIRC. That was just a few years after leaving Hibs.

Not saying that Wotherspoon is worth £1m right now, but I see where FF is coming from.

Regarding the question: I'd keep the pair of them. A few people on here seem to forget that both played a big part in our good start to the season. They've both faded since. Deegan and Cairney also fall into this category.

I'll trust Pat's decision on the pair of them, but I'd be happy for us to give them both another year or two.

Dashing Bob S
23-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Doyle - yes Witherspoon - iffy

LeighLoyal
23-03-2013, 02:14 PM
If Stevenson if worth a two year deal then I'd give them both five year contracts.

ancient hibee
23-03-2013, 06:47 PM
I recognise quite a few on here who wanted rid of Claros last season:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I recognise quite a few on here who wanted rid of Claros last season:greengrin

:agree: And i was one, glad i was wrong and hope we can keep him this summer.

HibeeMG
23-03-2013, 07:52 PM
If Wotherspoon is worth £1m, Griffiths and Williams must be worth £40m each.

Don't be so bloody stupid!

Everyone knows goalkeepers aren't worth as much as strikers so Williams will be around £30m. :greengrin

fat freddy
23-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Thats impressive,Wotherspoon is worth not only a million pound but a million pound pound

got me...well done, you win a crackerjack pencil.

are you the young journalist from ireland that interviewed the players after the final ?

gegs70
23-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Is Wotherspoons preferred position just behind the forwards? If so have we played him out if position for quite a number of seasons?

hibee19
24-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Get the feeling Wotherspoon will go on to become a decent player but he needs a fresh start somewhere I think. Doyle I just think isn't good enough for where we want to be.

carnoustiehibee
24-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Name 3 good attributes spoony has?

Scouse Hibee
24-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Name 3 good attributes spoony has?

1.Provides a regular topic of conversation on .net
2.Makes others look good
3.Makes up the numbers

J-C
24-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Is Wotherspoons preferred position just behind the forwards? If so have we played him out if position for quite a number of seasons?

And when he's played there, he's done nowt.

InterviewLoI
24-03-2013, 11:10 AM
got me...well done, you win a crackerjack pencil.

are you the young journalist from ireland that interviewed the players after the final ?

That's me pal! Heading to Hampden for the semi... Suddenly a Falkirk winlooks more likely haha!

easty
24-03-2013, 01:28 PM

Ojaama is crap.

J-C
24-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Ojaama is crap.

So if we Pat thinks he'll do us will you still think that, he's head and shoulder above most of the players we have here.

500miles
24-03-2013, 04:11 PM
So if we Pat thinks he'll do us will you still think that, he's head and shoulder above most of the players we have here.

He's scored less than half the goals Doyle has this season. However, I believe he has been moved into a supporting role to provide Higdon with the ammunition. If you took him out the team, Higdon's return would drop. Regardless, I wouldn't take him over Eoin. He would make a good partner for him if Sparky left though.

JimBHibees
24-03-2013, 04:55 PM
That's me pal! Heading to Hampden for the semi... Suddenly a Falkirk winlooks more likely haha!

Stay away your a jinx. :greengrin

Fergus52
24-03-2013, 05:24 PM
So the gist is keep him because he is affordable?

No my gist is he's a pretty decent player who has shown he can do a good job in the SPL who also happens to be cheap.

Brightside
24-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Neither. I'd rather spend the wage on youth players.

007 Mickey Weir
24-03-2013, 11:26 PM
Who else is out of contract in the summer at Hibs other than the loanees?

hibee19
25-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Who else is out of contract in the summer at Hibs other than the loanees?

Gary Deegan
Pa Kujabi
Alan Maybury
Sean Murdoch
Shefki Kuqi

J-C
25-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Gary Deegan
Pa Kujabi
Alan Maybury
Sean Murdoch
Shefki Kuqi

2 players to replace and 2 wages opened up for new signings then.

Murdoch is probably on little wages and purely a back up, wouldn't bother me if we kept him.

calumhibee1
25-03-2013, 08:16 AM
I wouldn't be disappointed to see them stay, although I'd rather we let them both go. Same with Deegan, money that could be better spent elsewhere.

calumhibee1
25-03-2013, 08:16 AM
And after seeing the list of out of contract players I'd be letting them all go.

The Voice Of Reason
25-03-2013, 11:11 AM

The bit in bold about Wotherspoon - that is the most ridiculous thing I have read so far on Hibs.Net (and that is saying something, believe me !!!!!)

Doyle - not bothered, probably a "No"

Wotherspoon - definately a "NO"!

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2013, 09:20 PM
The bit in bold about Wotherspoon - that is the most ridiculous thing I have read so far on Hibs.Net (and that is saying something, believe me !!!!!)

Doyle - not bothered, probably a "No"

Wotherspoon - definately a "NO"!

Oh really? The most ridiculous? I beg to differ:

The Voice Of "Reason"

Wotherspoon - 2/10 - Gave him a 2 only because he scored a Pen. I am sorry, but he contributes nothing. Murder. He won't be a professional footballer once his current contract is up, mark my words

Your words are marked Sir! The time is nearly upon us aswell.

BTW, I'm sure it was you who said that if Wotherspoon was given a contract extension you wouldn't be back to ER. Is that right?

Here's a little stat for you Jack! Wotherspoon has scored more (5) and has more assists (6) than any other midfielder at the club. He's our 3rd highest scorer this season.

Just saying.

KingFranck
25-03-2013, 09:26 PM
At the moment Spoony yes Doyle no fast forward to May (if we get past Falkirk ) and either scores the winner in the final then they can stay ......... forever !

carnoustiehibee
25-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh really? The most ridiculous? I beg to differ:

Your words are marked Sir! The time is nearly upon us aswell.

BTW, I'm sure it was you who said that if Wotherspoon was given a contract extension you wouldn't be back to ER. Is that right?

Here's a little stat for you Jack! Wotherspoon has scored more (5) and has

more assists (6) than any other midfielder at the club. He's our 3rd highest scorer this season.

Just saying.

Since you have avoided the question I put up a few days ago.

Give me 3 attributes wotherspoon has?

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Since you have avoided the question I put up a few days ago.

Give me 3 attributes wotherspoon has?

Oh was that intended for me?

Is scoring goals and creating goals not a decent enough atribute to have in football? :confused:

Wellbankhibby
25-03-2013, 09:44 PM
I voted to keep both, but im intersested to know why you singled out those perticular two.
If they read this and im sure they do it wont do much for their confidence knowing a percentage of our fans want rid of them. In my opinion we should be right behing ALL our players.:aok:

J-C
25-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I voted to keep both, but im intersested to know why you singled out those perticular two.
If they read this and im sure they do it wont do much for their confidence knowing a percentage of our fans want rid of them. In my opinion we should be right behing ALL our players.:aok:

Singled out due to the fact they're 2 of the slightly better players who's contracts are up, the rest meh!

carnoustiehibee
25-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Oh was that intended for me?

Is scoring goals and creating goals not a decent enough atribute to have in football? :confused:

No not for you, just in general. But the lack of response spoke volumes

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2013, 09:55 PM
No not for you, just in general. But the lack of response spoke volumes

Well, I've given you a response now, so you can sleep soundly tonight.

carnoustiehibee
25-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Well, I've given you a response now, so you can sleep soundly tonight.

5 goals and 6 assists is exactly prolific. Average at best. Plus its more of a stat than an attribute as such.

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2013, 10:16 PM
5 goals and 6 assists is exactly prolific. Average at best. Plus its more of a stat than an attribute as such.

Like I said Dan, it's more than any other midfielder has created this season.

As for the rest, don't be petty. Or do you think that scoring 5 goals and creating 6 is down to luck more than abilitiy?

carnoustiehibee
25-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Like I said Dan, it's more than any other midfielder has created this season.

As for the rest, don't be petty. Or do you think that scoring 5 goals and creating 6 is down to luck more than abilitiy?

It's a simple question. I'm just asking for a straight answer. Name 3 attributes.

I like how you've looked me up before replying, nice touch

Wotherspiniesta
25-03-2013, 10:29 PM
It's a simple question. I'm just asking for a straight answer. Name 3 attributes.

I like how you've looked me up before replying, nice touch

1) He can shoot
2) He can pass
3) He can perfectly skim the ball off of Hearts players backs.

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/285x214/362145_1.jpg

No worries, I'm Gary :aok:

147lothian
26-03-2013, 03:37 AM
I think Weatherspoon has the tallent, he's maybe just lost a bit of confidence. If you had him on a four year deal, and let him go to a lower league team for a year, I think he could come back a right good player, it's a gamble though

J-C
26-03-2013, 08:23 AM
1) He can shoot
2) He can pass
3) He can perfectly skim the ball off of Hearts players backs.

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/285x214/362145_1.jpg

No worries, I'm Gary :aok:

Yes he can but unfortunately not consistently enough, no matter how many step overs he does, he still lacks pace and his confidence goes quicker than the pies in Greggs in Glasgow. He is no longer a young laddie, a similar age to Hanlon who has been very good this season barring one or two silly wee mistakes, his consistency has improved and the defence was showing the difference due to that. We need more than 6-7 games out of 30 every season and if he's incapable of producing that consistency, then I'm afraid we need someone who can.