PDA

View Full Version : Scotland V Wales

Pages : [1] 2

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Haven't made up my mind whether to watch Eastenders/Masterchef or Come Dine with me tonight what's your thoughts?:stirrer:

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Haven't made up my mind whether to watch Eastenders/Masterchef or Come Dine with me tonight what's your thoughts?:stirrer:

Is Splash not on tonight with Tom Daley? If not Gareth Bale will have to do :greengrin

Skanko79
22-03-2013, 10:50 AM
i'll be watching on tv as i cant go due to work. gutted.

Strach to get it right eventually and scotland to restore some pride in a 3-1 victory.

carnoustiehibee
22-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Talksport saying Bale won't start tonight due to his ankle injury. Its a stick on 1-1 draw.

I'll hopefully get a stream for the Croatia v Serbia game at 5pm first

Allant1981
22-03-2013, 11:02 AM
What channel is it on?

YehButNoBut
22-03-2013, 11:05 AM
It was reported yesterday that Gareth bale was doubtful due to a virus & been nursing an ankle injury, but imagine he will play.

If he does someone will need to test that ankle early doors. :greengrin

http://sport.stv.tv/football/218550-gareth-bale-has-virus-but-expected-to-train-with-wales-squad-on-thursday/

YehButNoBut
22-03-2013, 11:06 AM
What channel is it on?

Sky Sports 2

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Looking forward to this hopefully Fletch bags a couple in a decent home win.

Billy Whizz
22-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Going to the game tonight. Bloody cold outside though.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Been away a fair bit over the last few weeks so I've got some Masterchef and American Idol to catch up on.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Been away a fair bit over the last few weeks so I've got some Masterchef and American Idol to catch up on.

Really? :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Just arrived in Scotland's 2nd city, let the fun commence! Its Baltic!

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I will be watching Scotland play, its my national team and no matter what its been like recently under that cretin potter, its a new dawn and I have renewed hope under Strachan.

As much as I have been fed up with the way the team has been going, I always turned the telly on hoping we'd win. Its become fashionable to berate the national team for some reason, I cant understand this?

chrisski33
22-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Isnt it scotland v gareth bale tonight?

IWasThere2016
22-03-2013, 11:40 AM
I will be watching Scotland play, its my national team and no matter what its been like recently under that cretin potter, its a new dawn and I have renewed hope under Strachan.

As much as I have been fed up with the way the team has been going, I always turned the telly on hoping we'd win. Its become fashionable to berate the national team for some reason, I cant understand this?

:agree: I have the same affliction :greengrin but surely we cannot do any worse than we did under Potter!

Frazerbob
22-03-2013, 11:41 AM

Spot on, you're either Scottish or you're not. End of story!

Hope the diving, cheating, Team GB lover plays and we ram it right up the prick!

Thecat23
22-03-2013, 11:42 AM
Hope Scotland win, but I honestly have no real interest in Scotland. Haven't had for about 6 years. Potter didn't help with the eye bleeding football. Hope Strachan does well but I can safely say it won't worry me in the slightest if we did get beat. International's are nothing like what they used to be.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 11:43 AM

It's a difficult one. As a kid I used to drape myself in the Lion Rampant for all the televised games, followed the team to World Cup in Italia90 and though undecided will probably vote for Indepedance next year yet when it comes to Internationals these days I just find them so boooooorrriiiinnnnnggggg!!

I can't pinpoint when the disconnection happened but it has and I never berate the team just struggle to get interested.

MacBean
22-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Half day, finishing at 12, heading along to Grand Cru for lunch and "a few" pints, before jumping on the bus at 3.30. Montfords through west to top up on the lunch drinks and on to Hampden to watch Scotland pick up their first win of the campaign.

Prediction:
Scotland 2 - 1 Wales
Maloney
Fletcher
Ledley

Thecat23
22-03-2013, 11:48 AM
It's a difficult one. As a kid I used to drape myself in the Lion Rampant for all the televised games, followed the team to World Cup in Italia90 and though undecided will probably vote for Indepedance next year yet when it comes to Internationals these days I just find them so boooooorrriiiinnnnnggggg!!

I can't pinpoint when the disconnection happened but it has and I never berate the team just struggle to get interested.

yeah this is it. Exactly how I feel. I don't want them to lose but it doesn't bother me like it used to.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Agree with that. Scotland easy not to like under Levein however hope Strachan can at least get a bit of organisation, confidence and ability into the team.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 11:59 AM

I think the lack of getting to finals probably didnt help along with Bertie and Potter, in saying that wasnt that long ago we had that massive game v Italy at Hampden. Always support Scotland and hope we do well in the last qualifying games at least getting us in with a chance of the next Euros.

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 12:04 PM
I'll end up watching it, but I still have lost a lot of passion since the announcement of the squad. I was hoping the transition to England C team would be stopped under Strachan but the squad he named has just notched us into a higher gear.

Hopefully we get a win tonight to keep our very very faint hopes of qualification alive.

southsider
22-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Missed chance to get Leigh G. in the squad. Best striker of a dead ball in Scotland and free kick against h....z was amonst the best i have ever witnessed. Still....i will get a few beers and tune in.

bod
22-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Half day, finishing at 12, heading along to Grand Cru for lunch and "a few" pints, before jumping on the bus at 3.30. Montfords through west to top up on the lunch drinks and on to Hampden to watch Scotland pick up their first win of the campaign.

Prediction:
Scotland 2 - 1 Wales
Maloney
Fletcher
Ledley

you'll no get on the bus if you appear intoxicated

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 12:44 PM
I was willing to try and get excited by Scotland again, now that Levein was gone and Strachan had taken over.

However all that came to an end when I heard he had picked Lee Wallace in the squad.

I can't accept 3rd division footballers being picked for Scotland duty, it's just ridiculous and that's the moment my interest really ended.

I'll see how things go in a couple of years when we've got someone else in charge.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 12:46 PM
I was willing to try and get excited by Scotland again, now that Levein was gone and Strachan had taken over.

However all that came to an end when I heard he had picked Lee Wallace in the squad.

I can't accept 3rd division footballers being picked for Scotland duty, it's just ridiculous and that's the moment my interest really ended.

I'll see how things go in a couple of years when we've got someone else in charge.

Deary me. :rolleyes: Mind and get someone to pick those toys up for you.

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 12:49 PM
2-1 Scotland :agree:

Bad Martini
22-03-2013, 12:53 PM

The fact is, the huns are demoted for cheating - not cause their vile orcous team suddenly got ***** (even though they are) :devil:

Anyway, a bigger sin is to not include Scotland's top scorer. We'll see if that works out. If not. WGS has ****ed up.

Griffiths should be playing. He's the top scorer in Scotland. ENDOF.

Anyway, sick of hearing about gareth bale and these dipsticks who think Wales are some kind of "force"...they are only a force in valleys of petrified four legged animals :greengrin

MON THE SCOTS

ENDOF

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Anyway, a bigger sin is to not include Scotland's top scorer. We'll see if that works out. If not. WGS has ****ed up.

Strachan is doing Hibs a favour in our bid for the Scottish cup by leaving Griffiths out.:wink:

Andy74
22-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Really? :greengrin

Aye, I love a bit of American Idol. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 01:19 PM

Which bit?:Ummm:

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Deary me. :rolleyes: Mind and get someone to pick those toys up for you.

I won't be alone in my view. There were many people who were quite happy to criticise Levein for picking Ian Black against Australia last year, because he was a third division player and that was ridiculous etc etc. Somehow it's ok now for Strachan to be doing the same thing? :confused:

At least I'm being consistent.

I think it's embarrassing that a Scotland manager is picking players who play their club football in the Scottish third division. It makes us out to be a complete laughing stock, in my opinion, and I find it hard to support such a set up.

If you're happy with it all then by all means, crack on. I'm certainly not out to tell anyone who they can and can't support. Simply giving my opinion on the matter.

The fact is, the huns are demoted for cheating - not cause their vile orcous team suddenly got ***** (even though they are) :devil:

Anyway, sick of hearing about gareth bale and these dipsticks who think Wales are some kind of "force"...they are only a force in valleys of petrified four legged animals :greengrin

MON THE SCOTS

ENDOF

I realise that Lee Wallace is not a third division standard player.

However, he has chosen to play for a team that is in the third division, which he's perfectly entitled to do. But with that decision should come a realisation and an acceptance that he won't be picked for international duty until he is playing for a club at a higher level.

Playing against clubs like East Stirling and Queen's Park every other week cannot possibly prepare you for playing international football a few days later. I just refuse to accept that and I completely disagree with Strachan, and Levein before him.

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 01:28 PM

However, he has chosen to play for a team that is in the third division, which he's perfectly entitled to do. But with that decision should come a realisation and an acceptance that he won't be picked for international duty until he is playing for a club at a higher level.

Playing against clubs like East Stirling and Queen's Park every other week cannot possibly prepare you for playing international football a few days later. I just refuse to accept that and I completely disagree with Strachan, and Levein before him.

He was shown up in the last friendly and consequently not been picked for this squad.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I won't be alone in my view. There were many people who were quite happy to criticise Levein for picking Ian Black against Australia last year, because he was a third division player and that was ridiculous etc etc. Somehow it's ok now for Strachan to be doing the same thing? :confused:

At least I'm being consistent.

I think it's embarrassing that a Scotland manager is picking players who play their club football in the Scottish third division. It makes us out to be a complete laughing stock, in my opinion, and I find it hard to support such a set up.

If you're happy with it all then by all means, crack on. I'm certainly not out to tell anyone who they can and can't support. Simply giving my opinion on the matter.

There's only one laughing stock here, Black has not been picked this time and as you say Wallace is not 3rd division standard. Its no different to picking Kenny Miller, or someone who's not getting a regular game. I have heard of some reasons why folk have stopped going or watching, but yours is a belter. :faf:

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Thought only women watched that. :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Which bit?:Ummm:

The end. :greengrin

Hibeesmad
22-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Can tickets be bought at the game?

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Can tickets be bought at the game?

Yes. Would get there early though.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=11570&newsCategoryID=1

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Got to be said dont get this Friday night nonsense. The internationals should be on the Saturday afternoon so more people are able to watch the games. Also think terrestrial tv should be able to show the games.

givescotlandfreedom
22-03-2013, 02:24 PM
£35 a ticket? Ouch! :eek:

Frazerbob
22-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Got to be said dont get this Friday night nonsense. The internationals should be on the Saturday afternoon so more people are able to watch the games. Also think terrestrial tv should be able to show the games.

Internationals were moved to Friday/Tuesday because clubs were not happy about getting their players back on a Thursday or even Friday, after a week and a half away for a game on the Saturday.

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Would have been going to the game tonight but with Germany in 2 weeks and the semi-final coming up. I need to save money :cb

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-03-2013, 03:50 PM

Fandans will always be Fandans

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Internationals were moved to Friday/Tuesday because clubs were not happy about getting their players back on a Thursday or even Friday, after a week and a half away for a game on the Saturday.

Appreciate that but still think it is nonsense with games on Friday and nothing on the Saturday when most would want to watch a game.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Thought only women watched that. :greengrin

I watch it for the women.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 04:18 PM
I watch it for the women.

Surely better channels for that. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 04:43 PM
There's only one laughing stock here, Black has not been picked this time and as you say Wallace is not 3rd division standard. Its no different to picking Kenny Miller, or someone who's not getting a regular game. I have heard of some reasons why folk have stopped going or watching, but yours is a belter. :faf:

Although I have only ever attended one or two Scotland games in my life, I usually do watch them on TV and I will watch the game tonight.

I just won't be all that concerned by the scoreline.

Which is a pity because I was quite hopeful after hearing that Levein had left.

marinello59
22-03-2013, 05:00 PM

I used to go to every Scotland home game but I will only be paying a passing interest in the game tonight because the wee lad will be watching it. I hope Scotland win but I won't be reacting to the result with anything near the passion I feel for Hibs. That's not me berating Scotland, I just find International fitba to be far less important these days.

stoneyburn hibs
22-03-2013, 05:06 PM
As already said it is fashionable it seems not to watch/bother about Scotland , as bad as we are or have been it's our country ffs.
C'mon Scotland get intae them.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 05:23 PM
As already said it is fashionable it seems not to watch/bother about Scotland , as bad as we are or have been it's our country ffs.
C'mon Scotland get intae them.

Our country play all sorts of sports I'm not that bothered about and some I actively dislike, like rugby.

I don't wish them to lose, I'm just not bothered, that said, I don't watch a lot of football these days other than Hibs and the occassional big English game - there's a bit too much of it about and it gets fairly boring.

Unlike US singing or UK cookery shows, can never have too many of them. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 05:35 PM
I used to go to every Scotland home game but I will only be paying a passing interest in the game tonight because the wee lad will be watching it. I hope Scotland win but I won't be reacting to the result with anything near the passion I feel for Hibs. That's not me berating Scotland, I just find International fitba to be far less important these days.

Me too, home abroad i have the T shirt, but i will watch hoping we win and like you i get more enjoyment from Hibs. Although i do think deep down we all want the national team to do well and win, but don't like to admit it? :greengrin

green glory
22-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Does anyone

Anyone Know of any 'alternative' methods to watch the game tonight?

iwasthere1972
22-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Does anyone

You could try standing on your head while eating a Mars Bar.

jonny
22-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Does anyone

PM

stoneyburn hibs
22-03-2013, 05:55 PM

:tee hee:

Just Alf
22-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Does anyone

Down load the xbmc media player onto your PC, the the auto setup prof from same source.

This gives you sports/ films etc and no pop ups!

Google xbmc hub, follow the instructions there.

Apart from the above "benefits" it's also a really good media player in general.

One Day Soon
22-03-2013, 06:00 PM

That's just unhelpful.

But on a food theme I find watching Scotland a bit like chewing cardboard.

It only serves to get in the way of the real football.

green glory
22-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks folks! Sorted now hopefully.

silverhibee
22-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Why is it being played tonight instead of tomorrow. ?

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 06:32 PM
@SFA_Supporters: Scotland team to face Wales: McGregor (GK), Hutton, Mulgrew, Hanley, Caldwell (C), Dorrans, Snodgrass, McArthur, S Fletcher, Maloney, Burke

Hanley FFS

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 06:35 PM
That looks like a Scottish starting 11 for me so I've got my saltire back out and ready to go:greengrin:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 06:37 PM
@SFA_Supporters: Scotland team to face Wales: McGregor (GK), Hutton, Mulgrew, Hanley, Caldwell (C), Dorrans, Snodgrass, McArthur, S Fletcher, Maloney, Burke

Hanley FFS

Pardon my ignorance, but whom may this Hanley be ?

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Scotland subs: Gilks (GK), Mackay-Steven, Whittaker, Webster, Adam, Naismith, Miller, Commons, Rhodes, Marshall (GK), Bannan, Martin.

GMS, Rhodes and Miller to come on :)

SteveHFC
Pardon my ignorance, but whom may this Hanley be ?

Grant Hanley plays for Blackburn bud.

Scouse Hibee
COME ON WALES :greengrin GIRU THEM

Spike Mandela
22-03-2013, 06:51 PM

Hanley FFS

Never heard of Hanley either, hopefully he's a find. One glance at the team and it does appear to have rather a lot of players who are small in stature. Would suggest it's not going to be a long ball approach I suppose.

stoneyburn hibs
22-03-2013, 07:20 PM
COME ON WALES :greengrin GIRU THEM

GIRU Ingerland , mon the San M's :greengrin

HibernianJK
22-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Presenter just introduced Joe Ledley as SPL player of the month. Am I missing something? I was sure sparky got it for February and it won't have been awarded for March yet?

SJNB Hibby
22-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Ridiculous statistic, but we'll likely go 3rd if we win-if we dont its because Macedonia will have beaten Belgium, which wont hurt
Just call me a Scotland Happy Clapper

DarrenSQH
22-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Lol at Amy McDonald forgetting the words to the anthem.

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Flower of Scotland. Murder .

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 08:02 PM

Nice looking lass though :greengrin

Treadstone
22-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Fletch has defo had one of those Wayne Rooney hair transplant/weave jobs

Tha Cabbage Kid
22-03-2013, 08:03 PM
could someone PM me a live stream for the game?

Jim44
22-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Fletcher subbed after 2 mins

SteveHFC
**** off Miller anyone but you

thebakerboy
Fletch off injured after 85secs. SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

ALF TUPPER
22-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Wheres Sparky then Mr Strachan ??

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 08:06 PM

How on Earth can you forget the words to your own national anthem!? :bitchy:

Unbelievable.

DrewDogg1875
22-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Jeezo, if Scotland did national anthems....

Just hope the game doesn't mimic how bad AMc was!!

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Wheres Sparky then Mr Strachan ??

If that happened to Sparky I'de be fuming ! Glad he's not playing, let him bang the goals in for Hibs.

easty
22-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Miller now up front on his own.....what a way to just drain all hope/expectation from this game for me.

I'm_cabbaged
22-03-2013, 08:08 PM

Me too please? :greengrin

Jim44
22-03-2013, 08:08 PM
When a crappy team like Wales can take you to the cleaners, you know how awful you are.

Iggy Pope
22-03-2013, 08:09 PM

Unless you are Welsh, less than 10 mins would suggest you avoid that.

Ami MacDonald screwed up the opening line of the 'anthem'.
Scotland defence has bricked it twice and should be a goal down
Fletcher over on ankle and carried off 2 mins in
All Wales.

grunt
22-03-2013, 08:09 PM
What was wrong with Fletch?

Oh - thanks HH

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Well that's Snoddy missing Tuesday now.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Unless you are Welsh, less than 10 mins would suggest you avoid that.

Ami MacDonald screwed up the opening line of the 'anthem'.
Scotland defence has bricked it twice and should be a goal down
Fletcher over on ankle and carried off 2 mins in
All Wales.

Snodgrass will be hooked soon as well, 10 minutes and already booked. This has 3-0/3-1 Wales already written all over it.

Hovehibby
22-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Flower of Scotland. Murder .

Scotland = murder.

silverhibee
22-03-2013, 08:13 PM

any luck

Hainan Hibs
Unbelievable start, have we touched the baw? Wales are ripping us apart senseless.

And the challenge in the first minute on McGregor was non existant, we should be 1 nil down already.

Alfred E Newman
Well that's Snoddy missing Tuesday now.

He'll no be missed going by this performance.

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 08:15 PM
This is pathetic

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Does Hutton still play club football !? How that muppet has amounted the number of caps he has astounds me...

Have San Marino scored yet ?! :wink:

Jim44
I have never seen such a poor International team.

J-C
Passing poor, tackling poor, organisation poor, what has WGS been doing with these guysm they look a shambles. :confused:

ALF TUPPER
If that happened to Sparky I'de be fuming ! Glad he's not playing, let him bang the goals in for Hibs.

Was thinking that myself when i put up my post. Its Friday evening and I like a wee moan. Grumpy old man after all . :-)

I'm_cabbaged
22-03-2013, 08:17 PM
any luck

nut :rolleyes:

Bobo
22-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Scotland = murder.

Crap formation, surrendering possession of the ball to the opposition straight from kick off doesn't work!!!!

The back four are a shambles, they've no composure.

easty
22-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Have San Marino scored yet ?! :wink:

Aye....own goal though. Even for an amateur/semi-pro it was a terrible og.

grunt
Have San Marino scored yet ?! :wink:Yes

Sadly they put the ball in their own net

Biggie
Who the **** is that Hanley ?...mare of a start

Iggy Pope
22-03-2013, 08:20 PM
How on Earth can you forget the words to your own national anthem!? :bitchy:

Unbelievable.

I know. That bit where it goes 'rebellious Scots to crush' sometimes loses me too though.

Alfred E Newman
The constant booing of Bale is embarrassing.

Hovehibby

PM

Treadstone
22-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Don't think WGS will be doing one of his cocksure interviews after the game.

easty
22-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Don't think WGS will be doing one of his cocksure interviews after the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he still does!

silverhibee

PM sent :aok:

Jim44
Embarrassing. This guy Hanley is diabolical.

California-Hibs
I like Kenny Miller, haters don't have a clue about football berating him. Miller to score, c'mon Scotland! People not getting behind their country and even wanting then to lose is pathetic IMO!

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 08:24 PM
You know we're bad when Wales are taking the piss.

silverhibee
22-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Wales cruising this so far.

easty
22-03-2013, 08:26 PM
McCarthur gives the ball away but every other Scotland player just left him, nobody moved I to a position to collect the ball at all. Absolutely *****, we're clearly not a top football nation but the basics aren't even there tonight.

johnbc70
22-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Don't worry I just stuck a tenner on Wales for first goal (who are actually longer odds than Scotland) so Scotland will score soon.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 08:27 PM
This is horrible.

If Wales were actually a good side, they would be two or three goals up by now, considering how dominant they've been so far.

easty
22-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Don't worry I just stuck a tenner on Wales for first goal (who are actually longer odds than Scotland) so Scotland will score soon.

I'm getting on that too.

silverhibee
22-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I like Kenny Miller, haters don't have a clue about football berating him. Miller to score, c'mon Scotland! People not getting behind their country and even wanting then to lose is pathetic IMO!

Who wants Scotland to lose. :confused:

easty
22-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Who wants Scotland to lose. :confused:

Anyone who thinks Miller is past it?

Judas Iscariot
22-03-2013, 08:31 PM
How bad are Scotland :faf:

Some of the guys playing are rotten... Hutton, Hanley, Mulgrew, Burke, Miller.. Not to mention beasty greegs..

Poor poor stuff :rolleyes:

I'm_cabbaged
22-03-2013, 08:31 PM
any luck

Sorted now :thumbsup:

Thanks, i think (hope) , hove and mike :greengrin

silverhibee
22-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Anyone who thinks Miller is past it?

Ahh, i see.

Poor miss from Miller :greengrin

Hovehibby
22-03-2013, 08:33 PM

nae worries, but you're not missing much

Taz_hibee
Miller has 2 great headed chances and ****s them up as per usual, ******g useless

blackpoolhibs
This is horrible.

If Wales were actually a good side, they would be two or three goals up by now, considering how dominant they've been so far.

Why are you bothered, i thought you were going to give it a couple of years until the next manager is in charge before taking an interest? :confused:

silverhibee
Bit better from Scotland.

truehibernian
Getting pressed and bullied in midfield and no one being brave enough to take the ball forward. Lack of experience and physicality evident.

Need to spray it wide as much as possible, the lads in the middle are toiling.

Treadstone
Chris Burke looks like he has seen a ball before.

Judas Iscariot
22-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Ahh, i see.

Poor miss from Miller :greengrin

Misser misses...

Rhodes would've scored both the chances Misser missed IMO

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2013, 08:39 PM
If this is the best 11 players Scotland can put out then we really are in trouble.

MileHighBees
22-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Watching on espn3.com
Maybe only available in the USA

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 08:42 PM

:aok: Now you can moan with the rest of us !

easty
Is Bale actually claiming to be injured?? Or does he just need someone to come on and sort his hair?

steviehibsleith
Really think snodgrass needs hooking befor he picks up a second yellow

bingo70
22-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Who is the boy Hanley that is playing? What club does he play for and is he actually Scottish?

stoneyburn hibs
22-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Bossed at home to Wales, sad times . We will couldnae score in a barrel of shaneen nanjiani's

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Yassssss

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 08:45 PM
1-0 Scotland, Hanley.

Unreal.

johnbc70
22-03-2013, 08:46 PM

Told you.

silverhibee
Chris Burke looks like he has seen a ball before.

Goal

Never new he was playing

leither17
What a player mon the scots

MWHIBBIES
http://jeffreyhill.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d417153ef0176167e0965970c-800wi

Sir David Gray
Who is the boy Hanley that is playing? What club does he play for and is he actually Scottish?

He plays for Blackburn, has been with them since he was 16 and was born in Dumfries.

And he's just scored the opener as well. :greengrin

EdinMike
Well well, fancy that. Glad I didn't put money on Wales scoring first !

California-Hibs
YEEEEESSSSS That's who HANLEY is!

Judas Iscariot
Haha!!

Scotland have had the better chances though..

steviehibsleith
22-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Nothing less than we deserved :na na:

Taz_hibee
Unbelievable we have been absolutely sheite and are winning, it's like watching Hibs ;-)

Jim44
It's a funny old game. :-)

Sir David Gray
Half time;

Scotland 1-0 Wales

hibsbollah
22-03-2013, 08:48 PM
:na na:

Saorsa
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/ltbgrobd.gif

stoneyburn hibs
[QUOTE=stoneyburn hibs;3544651]Bossed at home to Wales, sad times . We will couldnae score in a barrel of shaneen nanjiani's[/ QUOTE]
OOPS

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Floodlight robbery.

Moulin Yarns
22-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Goal from Cliff Hanley

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 08:50 PM
We have played poor, but had the 3 best chances and took one of them. :top marks

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Really hate that Belhaven advert. :grr:

Jim44
22-03-2013, 08:51 PM
I was thinking that half of these imposters would never get a gig at Hampden again. Turns out Amy MacDonald is the only certainty on that score.

dp00
22-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Could the commentator be anymore anti Scotland

bingo70
22-03-2013, 08:53 PM
He plays for Blackburn, has been with them since he was 16 and was born in Dumfries.

And he's just scored the opener as well. :greengrin

Cool, I'm not watching the game so I wasn't having a pop at him, I don't watch much English football so just hadn't heard of him.

Thought he was maybe one of these pish Englishman with a Scottish granny but if he's not then fair enough.

iwasthere1972
22-03-2013, 08:54 PM
We have played poor, but had the 3 best chances and took one of them. :top marks

Agree. Wales trying to pass like Barcelona and take the piss whereas Scotland are more to the point. I hate Bale.

hfc rd
22-03-2013, 08:54 PM

Me too.

TheReg!
22-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Is it me or do the crowd think Gareth Bale is a Wa@ker? Hahaha

hfc rd
22-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Agree. Wales trying to pass like Barcelona and take the piss whereas Scotland are more to the point. I hate Bale.

Summed it up perfectly.

Jonnyboy
22-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Is Bale actually claiming to be injured?? Or does he just need someone to come on and sort his hair?

I think he's unwell rather than, for a change, feigning injury.

Anyone else notice at the twenty five minute mark when we'd been getting battered rotten for all twenty five that the trackside advert came up with the Samaratins phone number? How flippin appropriate :greengrin

Jim44
22-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Considering the time that Ian Crocker spends in Scotland, you would think he might have a bit of empathy with our national team. Mind you, you can't really blame him on that shocking display.

CallumLaidlaw
22-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Absolutely terrible. You'd think Wales were 3 or 4 up the way he goes on!!

Mibbes Aye
22-03-2013, 08:59 PM
When a crappy team like Wales can take you to the cleaners, you know how awful you are.

Embarrassing. This guy Hanley is diabolical.

This is reminiscent of your posting on the Sevco thread :greengrin

Wales were really pinning us back in the first half of the first half but I'm not sure how you can call them crappy.

If Scotland had a midfield of regular starters for Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and Celtic, with the first-mentioned being realistically touted as a transfer target for the likes of Real Madrid etc, we wouldn't dream of describing it as 'crappy'. Why do you?

I'm_cabbaged
22-03-2013, 09:01 PM
:aok: Now you can moan with the rest of us !

nae worries, but you're not missing much

:thumbsup:

Lucky omen, me. :greengrin

McD
22-03-2013, 09:01 PM

Wales had the better opening 15-20, no doubt, but since then Scotland have been the better side, more chances, more possession, looked more likely to do something, yet Crocker and to a slightly lesser extent provan have been talking like Scotland haven't made it out their own box.

PeeJay
22-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Think the commentator has done OK - he's doesn't seem "biased" to me, at all: Scotland as a team have been awful for most of the game: Wales have been by far the better team, more industrious, better passing, more creative, but we've got a goal out of nothing.

Jim44
22-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Oh right enough they're a top fight international team.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:05 PM
You ken it's no Hibs at Hampden when they can't sing in time with 500 miles :wink:

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Bale off :D

Chibs
22-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Only if he starts shouting "come on boyos get into these sweaty sock cants".

By the way I think Miller has been great since he came on.

Hovehibby
no Bale second half..........

Mibbes Aye

Are they? I thought you said they were crappy.

truehibernian
22-03-2013, 09:08 PM

Listen to the change in tone in IC's voice when Hibs score as against Hearts in a derby :wink: think you'll find he's a tad more excited when we score mate :agree: His 6-2 commentary is sensational

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:08 PM

Scotland certainly are not, and we cant call on any players from teams like Spurs or Arsenal.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-03-2013, 09:09 PM
"Nothing doing" which American twally came up with that one?

Moulin Yarns
22-03-2013, 09:10 PM
IF things stay the same with other games as well, Scotland will be 3rd in the group!

God Petrie
22-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Support your nation you shower of miserable clowns.

Jim44
22-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I reckon both Scotland and Wales are crappy international teams. Wales are below us in the rankings and therefore 'crappier', yet they managed to embarrass us for half an hour.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Much better this half.... so far... :cb

California-Hibs
22-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Support your nation you shower of miserable clowns.

This.

Hovehibby
22-03-2013, 09:15 PM
much better second half. Come on Scotland!!!!!

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I reckon both Scotland and Wales are crappy international teams. Wales are below us in the rankings and therefore 'crappier', yet they managed to embarrass us for half an hour.

Maybe time to support another national team then?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-03-2013, 09:19 PM

nae need tae go ony and ony about it! :greengrin

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Mulgrew for all the sellick fans go on about him, his deliveries have been Mr. Thomas Kite so far. Still things can only get better than that first half.

Now I have that daft D:ream song in my head...

SteveHFC
Adam on for Dorrans

Mibbes Aye

I saw a Welsh side, the majority of whom play for clubs in the top half of the EPL, dominating a side where the majority of players certainly don't play for clubs in the top half of the EPL.

It's hardly a surprise is it?

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Mixu and his Finland team are drawing in Spain, 5 minutes to go.

hibsbollah
22-03-2013, 09:26 PM

Only if he was a Hibs.net regular as well :saltireflag

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Mixu and his Finland team are drawing in Spain, 5 minutes to go.

Fenlon out, Mixu in !

C'mon someone was gonna do it !

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Snodgrass sent off, two yellows.

Penalty for Wales.

Jones28
22-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Snodgrass off...and a penalty! Ffs

SteveHFC
Pen to Wales

Snodgrass off ****ing idiot

cabbageandribs1875
silly snodgras

EdinMike
Called it, Snodgrass off.

Pen Wales.

MWHIBBIES
Should have been a penalty

Commentator said FK - I posted like a moron, ref gave pen, I fail

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 09:32 PM
1-1, Ramsey.

SteveHFC
1-1.

blackpoolhibs
Charlie Adams again failing to track back with the man, and you know the rest. How he plays international football i will never know?

silverhibee
1-1

Jones28
Stupid from Snodgrass, no need for that tackle.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Was that over the line when the ball bounced !? Lets ask the SFA Officials !

By the by, Aoooft ! What a Pen.

cabbageandribs1875
oh ffs :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
2-1 Wales, Robson Kanu.

Iggy Pope
Scotland's tackling in the last 10 mins has been awful. Not befitting of a WCQ no matter how good, bad or indifferent we think we are.
Game over.

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Sickening. 1-2

matty_f
Baws.

SteveHFC
Embarrassing. GTF Scotland

Jones28
22-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Aw ffs

Viva_Palmeiras
Pass me my angry trousers...

Sir David Gray
Full time;

Spain 1-1 Finland.

Cracking result for Mixu. :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
how Amatureish

hibsbollah
You've got to laugh:cb

They deserve it.

Alfred E Newman
Strachan must go.

AgentDaleCooper
oh well. thought snodgrass looked like he'd get sent off in the first half, should have been hooked. bet he feels like a twat.

hfc rd
22-03-2013, 09:36 PM
No one was watching the Wales player. A free header. Never saw this result coming after Bale went off and the way we were playing prior to the sending off.

Jones28
Bet365 had Wales to win 1-2 at 20/1 at half time...

J-C
Snodgrass should've been subbed long ago as he was walking a tightrope, but TBH Wales have been far better and deserve to be ahead.

hfc rd
Full time;

Spain 1-1 Finland.

Delighted for Mixu.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Full time;

Spain 1-1 Finland.

I'm Finnished with Scotland...

Rakastan Suomi !

SteveHFC
Don't worry folks we have Kenny Miller on

AgentDaleCooper
Embarrassing. GTF Scotland

taken literally, that's quite a notion

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Strachan out Mixu in

Biggie
Caldwell slashing away at bellendmy...lol

steviehibsleith
Really think snodgrass needs hooking befor he picks up a second yellow

Hate being right but said it before we scored a blind man could see Snodgrass was going to pick up a second why didnt our management team :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2013, 09:39 PM
put caldwell out to grass :agree:

along with kenny miller

rcarter1
22-03-2013, 09:40 PM
This is like Coco's Hibs! :confused:

johnbc70
22-03-2013, 09:40 PM
If it stays like this I hope Strachan does not try and act all smart a**s with his answers and try and be clever (or he thinks he is being clever) in his interview and just tells it like it is.

truehibernian
22-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Charlie Adam coming on changed the game. Fat, unfit, lazy - so much for the national team playing regular starters eh.

This is the most amateur Scotland performance I've seen in years - I include Vogts and Burley's reign. Pitiful and they should be ashamed, thoroughly ashamed.

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 09:41 PM
If I was Strachan I'd use the rest of the campaign to give the likes of Griffths, GMS and Rhodes match experience to get them prepared for Euro 2016 qualification.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Charlie Adam coming on changed the game. Fat, unfit, lazy - so much for the national team playing regular starters eh.

This is the most amateur Scotland performance I've seen in years - I include Vogts and Burley's reign. Pitiful and they should be ashamed, thoroughly ashamed.

I have never rated the guy, he's a liability.

hfc rd
22-03-2013, 09:44 PM
If I was Strachan I'd use the rest of the campaign to give the likes of Griffths, GMS and Rhodes match experience to get them prepared for Euro 2016 qualification.

Me too. But then again, if there is an English player with a great granny who was Scottish. Then we all know, who will get the nod.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:44 PM

Was just about to say the same myself, almost treat it like friendlies now. Get the next generation ready and get rid of the dud's of the last 6-8 years.

cabbageandribs1875
22-03-2013, 09:46 PM
so, Mr SFA people, what happens now then ? a new manager ? or actually do something constructive about the poor state of scottish football, instead of leaving it to the clubs who are only really interested in the monetary side of the game

green glory
22-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Strachan out Calderwood in!

blackpoolhibs
Me too. But then again, if there is an English player with a great granny who was Scottish. Then we all know, who will get the nod.

And you base that on what, considering tonights team was an all Scottish 11, unless you count Fletcher as English? Maybe we need the English players, as tonights Scottish ones have not done so great have they?

Alfred E Newman
This result could be a blessing. If we had stolen a win it would only have prolonged the continued appearance of the old guard .

hfc rd
22-03-2013, 09:49 PM
If Serbia put 5 past this Wales team, then I'm pretty scared as how many will they put past us. Don't forget we've still to play Croatia twice and a very very talented strong looking Belgium side.

Hainan Hibs
22-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Don't want to add more doom and gloom (but I will:greengrin), but we could finish this campaign without a win, considering our remaining fixtures are the difficult ones.

Edit: Just to compound the misery, when was the last campaign as bad as this one? Even under Berti/Burley we at least put a few points on the board.

Hovehibby
22-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Was just about to say the same myself, almost treat it like friendlies now. Get the next generation ready and get rid of the dud's of the last 6-8 years.

Caldwell and Miller, thanks for your service, but it's your time
Hutton and Adam, please please please just leave. You're too fat, too slow and too lazy.

Give GMS, Rhodes, Leigh and even guys like Bannan a chance in the next few games. Build for 2016.

Iggy Pope
22-03-2013, 09:51 PM
And you base that on what, considering tonights team was an all Scottish 11, unless you count Fletcher as English? Maybe we need the English players, as tonights Scottish ones have not done so great have they?

You ****ing Anglo!
:greengrin

Iggy Pope
22-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Caldwell and Miller, thanks for your service, but it's your time
Hutton and Adam, please please please just leave. You're too fat, too slow and too lazy.

Give GMS, Rhodes, Leigh and even guys like Bannan a chance in the next few games. Build for 2016.

It could be seen as a decent debut for Hanley though, if he can leave with a goal and Bellend's left knee in his pocket......

SteveHFC
22-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Ramsey off

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Ramsey sent off.

Straight red.

Sir David Gray
22-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Full time;

Scotland 1-2 Wales

Disgraceful and embarrassing.

EdinMike
22-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Ramsey sent off.

Straight red.

So he's only missing one game for a straight red ?! Is that what the international ruling is ?! Seems weak to me.