PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal Charity Dinner makes £4,500

StevieC
21-03-2013, 11:12 PM
The profit from the Charity Dinner has been calculated to be £4,500.

:aok:

This matches the figure from the previous dinner, which is amazing considering the current financial climate and the length of time that the charity has now been going.

A huge thank you to everyone that attended, to my fellow committee members that did the organisation and to everyone that donated prizes for the auction and the raffle.

:not worth :thumbsup: :not worth

Now to start on the organisation for the next one :greengrin and recommendations for the entertainment?

:greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Brilliant work, Stevie, by all of you who give your time to raise money for a worthy cause. Full credit to you all :top marks

francobaresi
22-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Nice one Stevie, all that hard work pays off in the end, onwards and upwards...

eastterrace
22-03-2013, 09:11 PM
The profit from the Charity Dinner has been calculated to be £4,500.

:aok:

This matches the figure from the previous dinner, which is amazing considering the current financial climate and the length of time that the charity has now been going.

A huge thank you to everyone that attended, to my fellow committee members that did the organisation and to everyone that donated prizes for the auction and the raffle.

:not worth :thumbsup: :not worth

Now to start on the organisation for the next one :greengrin and recommendations for the entertainment?

:greengrin

dont want to sound ungratefull but why do you keep doing this charity as did dnipro bid 1 million euros for sproule back then so there must be some money floating about so maybe they sholuld help the kids as well or maybe they do, as its great what you do but should they maybe not spend as much and give to the kids.sorry i dont know more about this charity but maybe you could give me a insight.

VickMackie
22-03-2013, 09:40 PM
dont want to sound ungratefull but why do you keep doing this charity as did dnipro bid 1 million euros for sproule back then so there must be some money floating about so maybe they sholuld help the kids as well or maybe they do, as its great what you do but should they maybe not spend as much and give to the kids.sorry i dont know more about this charity but maybe you could give me a insight.

I have no words.

Personally I don't think I've contributed in the past other than buckets outaide ER. it would be good to see the difference the money makes to these kids.

FranckSuzy
22-03-2013, 09:41 PM

That much is true.

Jay
22-03-2013, 09:45 PM

Am I right in saying you think dnipro, the football team, should stop paying as much for players and look after the local orphans instead?

The Harp
22-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on raising £4500, particularly in the present financial climate - it is really amazing. Well done to each and everyone one of those involved.:aok:

Jay
22-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I have no words.

Personally I don't think I've contributed in the past other than buckets outaide ER. it would be good to see the difference the money makes to these kids.

There is a website and also fairly regular updates with pics on this site. Its amazing what has been done for the kids, not just trips out and upgrading living accommodation but also operations have been paid for. Life changing stuff.

StevieC
22-03-2013, 11:48 PM

Fair enough, happy to answer any queries you might have but have a look at the news/updates page on www.dniprokids.com before getting back to me. You could also do a search on this site for Dnipro Appeal Update.

I suppose you really need to visit the poor areas in Ukraine to understand the issues and why charity is a rare occurrence.

And the reason why the charity is still going so long after the event is that there were so many supporters that experienced first hand the poverty in Ukraine, and that looking at our updates they can see what a difference it is making to the lives of the orphans.

With regards to the money that the football teams have, it's pretty unlikely it would ever get used for charitable purposes. Can't really blame the club, it would be a bit like Hibs redirecting player budget money to local charities. Not going to happen and the fans would be up in arms if they did.

eastterrace
23-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Fair enough, happy to answer any queries you might have but have a look at the news/updates page on www.dniprokids.com (http://www.dniprokids.com) before getting back to me. You could also do a search on this site for Dnipro Appeal Update.

I suppose you really need to visit the poor areas in Ukraine to understand the issues and why charity is a rare occurrence.

And the reason why the charity is still going so long after the event is that there were so many supporters that experienced first hand the poverty in Ukraine, and that looking at our updates they can see what a difference it is making to the lives of the orphans.

With regards to the money that the football teams have, it's pretty unlikely it would ever get used for charitable purposes. Can't really blame the club, it would be a bit like Hibs redirecting player budget money to local charities. Not going to happen and the fans would be up in arms if they did.

cheers for that insight , i just wondered why we keep doing it, but like you say if you aint seen what its like over there then you cant really comment. so next time i see a bucket for the apeal i will put some money in it. thanks again.:aok: