PDA

View Full Version : Hampden record East v West stand

Captain Trips
21-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Was wondering how we have faired depending on what end we have been in, I only recall being in West once v Celtic in final we lost a few years back, maybe v Ayr utd if the crowd was even big enough that night.

andy1875
21-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I was in the West when we beat Livi 3-0 in the SC semi before losing to Celtic if my memory serves me correctly. Was in the South for the final but also on the "West Side".

GlenrothesHibee
21-03-2013, 08:07 PM
I remember losing in the west against Celtic and Dundee United and winning in the east against Killie and Aberdeen. Also losing in the East against Livi and them

Keith_M
21-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Was wondering how we have faired depending on what end we have been in, I only recall being in West once v Celtic in final we lost a few years back, maybe v Ayr utd if the crowd was even big enough that night.

When we beat Livi in the semi final, we were in the West. When we lost to them in the LC final, we had the East, North, half of the South and half of the West.

I think we also had the West for a losing semi-final against Dundee United in 2005.

To be honest, our record is so bad at Hampden I can't think of any end of the ground we've been in that you could say we had a decent win ratio. We really have no 'lucky' end.

Malthibby
21-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Watched us lose from a variety of vantages. Gonna watch with a blindfold on this time around.
GG

frazeHFC
21-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I only remember us having the East against Celtic. Guy on Hampden tour said Celtic always get the East.....but if against anyone but them we will normally have the East.

DarrenSQH
21-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Aberdeen, hearts, killie, livi final, rangers, dunfermline all east.

Dundee utd, Celtic, dunfermline replay, ayr utd the west.

Scouse Hibee
21-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Aye but more importantly who was the referee? :cb

Frazerbob
21-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Aberdeen, hearts, killie, livi final, rangers, dunfermline all east.

Dundee utd, Celtic, dunfermline replay, ayr utd the west.

Add 1985 League Cup Final against Aberdeen, 1991 League Cup Semi against Rangers and final against Dunfermline to the East.

Add 1989 SC semi against Celtic to the West.

Bishop Hibee
21-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Why do Celtc "always get the East"? A rhetorical question I suppose but it's another thing that bugs me. Also, will newco expect the west if they ever reach a major final?

Ryan91
21-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Why do Celtc "always get the East"? A rhetorical question I suppose but it's another thing that bugs me. Also, will newco expect the west if they ever reach a major final?

Possibly due to Celtc being from the East End of Glasgow?

Pretty Boy
21-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Possibly due to Celtc being from the East End of Glasgow?

But surely us being from Edinburgh means when we play them there we should get the East?

PerfectlyFranck
21-03-2013, 09:05 PM
I don't know if it affects the ends for the supporters; Hibs or Falkirk will be the 'Home' team.

With this in mind, if Celtc & Hibs were to win their semi-finals, would this entitle Hibs to wear the home shirt?

Pretty Boy
21-03-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't know if it affects the ends for the supporters; Hibs or Falkirk will be the 'Home' team.

With this in mind, if Celtc & Hibs were to win their semi-finals, would this entitle Hibs to wear the home shirt?

In the 2001 final we both had to wear away shirts. Celtic wore yellow, we wore white. Think it might be the same this time if we both win iur semis.

PerfectlyFranck
21-03-2013, 09:14 PM
In the 2001 final we both had to wear away shirts. Celtic wore yellow, we wore white. Think it might be the same this time if we both win iur semis.

I remember both teams wearing the away kits but this didn't cross my mind!

I think that would be unfair, I would give the first semi-finalists priority.
As long as we're the semi-finalists in the final and the team to lift the cup, I'll let it go!

And as long as it isn't in the alternate… :greengrin

.Sean.
21-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Hampden record with Hibs

Livi - 3-0 win. West
Celtic - 3-0 loss. West
Ayr - Cannae mind. Behind the goals so whatever end we had
Rangers - Win on pens. East
Livi - 2-0 loss. West near the North, almost on the goal line IIRC
Dundee United - 2-1 West
Hearts - East
Killie - 5-1 win. East
Dunfermline - 1-1. East
Aberdeen - 2-1 win. North
Hearts - North

Be in the North versus Falkirk and prefer the West to East for some reason.

hibee_nation
21-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Back in the day of 100,000 plus support at hampden both ends of the ground were uncovered. The sfa asked the huns and celtc to chip in to help them construct covered terraces. The huns agreed and the west end was covered, the celtc refused to help out. The huns insisted that they should get the covered end anytime they were playing there as they helped to build it.

LaMotta
21-03-2013, 10:39 PM

Because back in the day Rangers and Celtic were asked for cash to help build roofing over the terracing at Hampden. Rangers stumped up some cash, but the Celtic Biscuit tin was empty.

So Rangers fans were always given the covered end.

LaMotta
21-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Back in the day of 100,000 plus support at hampden both ends of the ground were uncovered. The sfa asked the huns and celtc to chip in to help them construct covered terraces. The huns agreed and the west end was covered, the celtc refused to help out. The huns insisted that they should get the covered end anytime they were playing there as they helped to build it.

beat me to it :greengrin

Keith_M
22-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I can almost understand the allocation of ends when Celtc play the (The)Rangers at Hampden but it just goes to show how obsessed the authorities are with those two that they are still allocated those ends against other clubs, irrespective of who the opponent is.

It also annoys me that the default allocation for Hibs is the East Stand, unless we are playing Celtc. That means the authorities consider us to be a 'Mini Celtc'.

Here's how it works...................

Hibs v Celtc: Celtc get the East

Hibs v Livi in the semi final: Livi at that time were run by an ex-Celtc director and were being bankrolled by a Celtc fan. That made them most 'Celtc Minded' so we got the West Stand

Hibs v Dundee Utd: Both clubs started by Irishmen, therefore the SFA don't know who's most 'Celtc Minded' and toss a coin as to who gets what end.

Hibs v anybody else: Play in green, Irish origins. In the eyes of the SFA, most like Celtc...Hibs get the East.

Miguel
23-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Going further back:

1969 v Celtic, League Cup Final (south-west stand).
1972 v Rangers, Scottish Cup sem-final (east).
1972 v Celtic, Scottish Cup Final (east).

No segregation!

Alfred E Newman
23-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Going further back:

1969 v Celtic, League Cup Final (south-west stand).
1972 v Rangers, Scottish Cup sem-final (east).
1972 v Celtic, Scottish Cup Final (east).

No segregation!

1969 v Celtic. North Stand
1972 v Rangers East
1972 v Celtic West ( carnage)

lyonhibs
23-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I can almost understand the allocation of ends when Celtc play the (The)Rangers at Hampden but it just goes to show how obsessed the authorities are with those two that they are still allocated those ends against other clubs, irrespective of who the opponent is.

It also annoys me that the default allocation for Hibs is the East Stand, unless we are playing Celtc. That means the authorities consider us to be a 'Mini Celtc'.

Hibs v Livi in the semi final: Livi at that time were run by an ex-Celtc director and were being bankrolled by a Celtc fan. That made them most 'Celtc Minded' so we got the West Stand

Hibs v Dundee Utd: Both clubs started by Irishmen, therefore the SFA don't know who's most 'Celtc Minded' and toss a coin as to who gets what end.

Hibs v anybody else: Play in green, Irish origins. In the eyes of the SFA, most like Celtc...Hibs get the East.

So, by definition, if we got the West most of the time, that would be a sign that the authorities view us as a "mini-Rangers"??

Your last part of that post - if it isn't said in jest - is encroaching way, way onto Celtc paranoia territory.

It's seats, in a *****y stadium FFS. Opus Dei are not involved.

Treadstone
23-03-2013, 02:09 PM

Lets leave this nonsense for the bigots and/or west coast.

Keith_M
23-03-2013, 02:52 PM
So, by definition, if we got the West most of the time, that would be a sign that the authorities view us as a "mini-Rangers"??

Your last part of that post - if it isn't said in jest - is encroaching way, way onto Celtc paranoia territory.

It's seats, in a *****y stadium FFS. Opus Dei are not involved.

Lets leave this nonsense for the bigots and/or west coast.

So, you can't refute my evidence so you just call me paranoid or a bigot!

Oh and by the way......

:faf:

Miguel
23-03-2013, 03:03 PM
1969 v Celtic. North Stand
1972 v Rangers East
1972 v Celtic West ( carnage)

You're right, it was. Remember seeing bottles getting lobbed at the roof so the glass splintered down on people. The Rangers semi - the Saturday game, not the replay - the east was full of baying Huns.

Diclonius
23-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I've been to four - Falkirk will be my fifth.

2006 SCSF v Hearts
2007 SCSF v Dunfermline
2012 SCSF v Aberdeen
2012 SCF v Hearts

1 win, 1 draw and 2 losses. Been to every Hampden game since the 2005-06 season bar the LCF (couldn't get a ticket) and the replay v Dunfermline (evening game, I was 15 and no way in hell was my Dad going to do the four hour round trip on a working night).

lyonhibs
23-03-2013, 03:51 PM
So, you can't refute my evidence so you just call me paranoid or a bigot!

Oh and by the way......

:faf:

Your irrefutable evidence involves the phrase "Livingston were run by an ex-Celtic director so were therefore seen as more "Celtic minded".

Similarly, you say that the authorities see us as a "mini Celtc".

Says who? How do you know this? Or are - as I suspect is the case - you just getting your knickers in a knot over a load of conjecture and twaddle?

Point is, Hibs have a shan record at Hampden. Where our ***** were parked on any given day makes no difference whatsoever.

Keith_M
23-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Point is, Hibs have a shan record at Hampden. Where our ***** were parked on any given day makes no difference whatsoever.

Well, the first point is that I didn't say it made any difference so I've no idea where that came from

Or are - as I suspect is the case - you just getting your knickers in a knot over a load of conjecture and twaddle?

....and the second point is that you seem to be getting your knickers in a knot over a post I made that is the essence of a drunken conversation I had with a mate and we both thought was funny, so I posted the 'irrefutable evidence' here. I didn't actually think for one minute that anyone would take it seriously

Although, wind up or not, you did a really cr*p job of refuting it :na na: