PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson on STV

hibee_girl
21-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Interview with KT coming up on STV where he apparently says he regrets how he left

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Coming up on STV, Thomson explains himself.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2013, 05:15 PM
And....?

Mikey
21-03-2013, 05:16 PM
He'd be better saying nothing as it's pretty much blown over. All we're going to get now is the folk who won't forgive regardless of what he does giving him a roasting over and over and over again for saying nasty things about the club.

Only taking a break from Thomson bashing to say nasty things about the club themselves :greengrin

But that's ok :wink:

hibsbollah
21-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Just WGS going on about 'just win baby'.

hibee_girl
21-03-2013, 05:20 PM
He would change if if he could blah blah blah :greengrin

hibsbollah
21-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Thomson 'i said things i regret...if i could change things i said i would'.

:aok: As someone who wasnt pleased he was coming back im very happy he said that.

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Fair play to him, now go out and bring that cup back. :top marks

seven nowt
21-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I for one like Thomson. Great professional.

SMAXXA
21-03-2013, 05:23 PM
He'd be better saying nothing as it's pretty much blown over. All we're going to get now is the folk who won't forgive regardless of what he does giving him a roasting over and over and over again for saying nasty things about the club.

Only taking a break from Thomson bashing to say nasty things about the club themselves :greengrin

Na not for me I think it can only be a good thing hearing it from the horses mouth what his thoughts are. Lets not forget he said pretty much what alot on here have, i.e. was young and naieve etc.

Lets just deaw a line under it and hope both parties enjoy a succesfull end to the seaspn at Hibs

Wheat Hound
Came across well and appeared genuine. Have heard he would like to stay beyond the end of the season and I would welcome that.

Saorsa
Thomson 'i said things i regret...if i could change things i said i would'.

:aok: As someone who wasnt pleased he was coming back im very happy he said that.It's one thing and easy tae say it, it's another tae mean it, maybe just his way of trying tae get folk off his back. :agree:

Captain Trips
21-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Just needs to go on "our tune" with Simon Bates next.

down-the-slope
21-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Proper Apology will come in playing a part in bringing silverware to ER.......:greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-03-2013, 05:26 PM

Totally disagree.

I haven't heard what he's had to say yet as I'm at work but I'm happy that he's addressed this.

As someone who was far from satisfied with the idea of him returning, I'm glad he's come out with this and it will certainly go a long way to me accepting him back again.

hibsbollah
21-03-2013, 05:27 PM
It's one thing and easy tae say it, it's another tae mean it, maybe just his way of trying tae get folk off his back. :agree:

Maybe...no way of knowing really.

Id still rather he said something rather than nothing.

Craig_in_Prague
21-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Craig, Thomson and Robertson would be a decent midfield. Really hope he signs up for a year or two...
but if he helps us win the SC, I couldnt really care how the next few years work out lol we will be still partying.

Saorsa
21-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Id still rather he said something rather than nothing.no exactly the reaction I was looking for, I really just posted that because of what Mikey posted, I was :fishin: for a big bite but caught http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/fishing.gifinstead. :greengrin

hibsbollah
21-03-2013, 05:33 PM
no exactly the reaction I was looking for, I really just posted that because of what Mikey posted, I was :fishin: for a big bite but caught http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-merv/fishing.gifinstead. :greengrin

Whoosh :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Id still rather he said something rather than nothing.

Still to see it but I agree said b4 he'd need to make an apology.
I think we need to move on. But first - polygraph test and electrodes to the vitals ;)

lord bunberry
21-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Not good enough I want a personal apology and a shot of his wife then all will be forgiven

trev the hat
21-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Proper Apology will come in playing a part in bringing silverware to ER.......:greengrin

This

Captain Trips
21-03-2013, 06:09 PM
I will support players in the strip but we do not have to also like them, my thoughts are I am sure he was genuine to a point but we here nothing from him while the career is going ok and now is the time he decides to mention it when he has had a contract terminated at one club and is basically trying to get in shop window without the options he once had. I would like to have heard him when he didnt need Hibs as much as he does now even if for 5/6 weeks. I think the only thing KT is sorry about is having to come back up here in order to get a decent contract again.

hungryhibs
21-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Not good enough I want a personal apology and a shot of his wife then all will be forgiven

thats not very nice is it?

lord bunberry
21-03-2013, 06:17 PM

I don't know I've not actually seen his wife

Beefster
21-03-2013, 07:26 PM

That's why I forgave him.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I will support players in the strip but we do not have to also like them, my thoughts are I am sure he was genuine to a point but we here nothing from him while the career is going ok and now is the time he decides to mention it when he has had a contract terminated at one club and is basically trying to get in shop window without the options he once had. I would like to have heard him when he didnt need Hibs as much as he does now even if for 5/6 weeks. I think the only thing KT is sorry about is having to come back up here in order to get a decent contract again.

To be fair (and I admit I'd forgotten about this) there was an interview with Aidan Smith.

bighairyfaeleith
21-03-2013, 08:02 PM

she a minger?

Sudds_1
21-03-2013, 08:39 PM

His mum might be tidy?:greengrin

J-C
21-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Came across well and appeared genuine. Have heard he would like to stay beyond the end of the season and I would welcome that.

Would like to see that, get another CH in for McPake and give Thompson the captaincy.

PerfectlyFranck
21-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Would like to see that, get another CH in for McPake and give Thompson the captaincy.

Aye, let's punt our captain & give the captaincy to a St Mirren player... :eek:

Better yet, let's make our opinion based on 6/7 minutes of first-team football.

sleeping giant
21-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Is the interview available online ?

jdships
21-03-2013, 09:41 PM

:agree:

Shrekko
21-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Ok thats him now stated his regret twice now- once after a lucrative move away from Rangers and again on his return here to play for nothing. For a footballer I'd say that almost unprecedented.

Thankfully 99.9 percent are at least prepared to move on.

You are never going to be satisfied- we get it.

Billychaotic182
21-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Link?

blackpoolhibs
21-03-2013, 10:52 PM

He should NEVER be captain of our club again.

Captain Trips
21-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Ok thats him now stated his regret twice now- once after a lucrative move away from Rangers and again on his return here to play for nothing. For a footballer I'd say that almost unprecedented.

Thankfully 99.9 percent are at least prepared to move on.

You are never going to be satisfied- we get it.

Right and I will post on the subject when it comes up on here, you are happy with him -we get it. Indeed unprecidented that a player plays for a club for free if its for like 1/2 yrs not really 8 weeks with offers from Ghost Town and Tumbleweed FC on the table.

Sir David Gray
21-03-2013, 11:01 PM

I might be more accepting of the fact that he's returned, now that he's attempted to make amends for his previous behaviour, but I would not be willing to see him captain Hibs again.

That would just be too much.

147lothian
21-03-2013, 11:12 PM
I was impressed with the interview, my thoughts on the signing are is he going to improve the team?, to me it's a yes, so time to move on

snooky
21-03-2013, 11:15 PM
He should NEVER be captain of our club again.

Why not? And while we're at it, let's put Fred Goodwin back in charge of RBS.

Saorsa
21-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Is the interview available online ?about 21 mins in tae this

http://player.stv.tv/programmes/news-at-six-edinburgh-east-full/2013-03-21-1800

hibee19
21-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Craig, Thomson and Robertson would be a decent midfield. Really hope he signs up for a year or two...
but if he helps us win the SC, I couldnt really care how the next few years work out lol we will be still partying.

Terrifying.

MWHIBBIES
22-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Would like to see that, get another CH in for McPake and give Thompson the captaincy.Why on earth would you get rid of Mcpake? Yes he has had some poor games this season but no more than anyone else and he has been very important in some big wins. He is also a big reason that we don't get pushed around and beaten easily in derbies anymore.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Why on earth would you get rid of Mcpake? Yes he has had some poor games this season but no more than anyone else and he has been very important in some big wins. He is also a big reason that we don't get pushed around and beaten easily in derbies anymore.

James McPake may not have had his best season ever but has been a good enough player, after the final it would have been very easy for him and any of our other loan players to chuck it at Hibs, he didnt and signed on for a decent spell and is deserving of the captaincy. KT only interest and this is IMO is showing he is fit so he can continue playing at a level above SPL and possibly get another decent contract certainly not one we could afford.

James McPake has been decent for us.

KWJ
22-03-2013, 05:53 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday-interview-kevin-thomson-i-would-ve-loved-to-have-come-away-from-hibs-a-hero-1-820352

Hadn't read that before, interesting. Didn't realise Brown had handed his in first. But he took his away while KT did not.

Beefster
22-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Right and I will post on the subject when it comes up on here, you are happy with him -we get it. Indeed unprecidented that a player plays for a club for free if its for like 1/2 yrs not really 8 weeks with offers from Ghost Town and Tumbleweed FC on the table.

I bet you wouldn't work for free if anyone else was offering you a wage, irrespective of who they were.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/saturday-interview-kevin-thomson-i-would-ve-loved-to-have-come-away-from-hibs-a-hero-1-820352

Hadn't read that before, interesting. Didn't realise Brown had handed his in first. But he took his away while KT did not.

Thomson never put in a transfer request. Only Brown. That's confirmed in the interview you've posted.

marinello59
22-03-2013, 06:13 AM
KT only interest and this is IMO is showing he is fit so he can continue playing at a level above SPL and possibly get another decent contract certainly not one we could afford.

Is this a FACT? :greengrin
I wish our team was packed full of players trying to show that they were good enough to play at a higher level. There is nothing wrong with always aspiring to play at the highest level for the highest rewards.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 08:23 AM
I bet you wouldn't work for free if anyone else was offering you a wage, irrespective of who they were.

Thomson never put in a transfer request. Only Brown. That's confirmed in the interview you've posted.

Are you equating a footballers situation to a normal 9-5 situation as they are totally different? It is like getting made out that he has made some massive commitment for 1 or 2 years to play for free, it came at a time he agreed to quit a club at an awkward time and was likley unsure about getting a club until the summer so I assume with what he has banked and with his payoff he was quite prepared to recieve no wages until hopefully in summer he was picked up again. Then along we come chance to keep fit then chance of a short deal hey I can appease fans here by playing for free and getting in shop window, so that my take on it he hasnt lost out on any money.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Is this a FACT? :greengrin
I wish our team was packed full of players trying to show that they were good enough to play at a higher level. There is nothing wrong with always aspiring to play at the highest level for the highest rewards.

Of course it's a Fact :wink:

I agree they actually all will be trying to show they can play at higher level but a lot of them are at least here for a decent time, just me being cynical that these wee deals are more trouble than they are worth it doesnt help in the long term and I thought that is what we are building for not a showcase for players trying to simply prove they still have it for 5/6 games, I for one thought we were better than this. I will maybe kneel at the alter of KT for a decent length contract not for this IMO cynical move on his part.

I also do not think there was a 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll either FACT.

As I have been told "we get it" so I am sure this is all I need say on this matter, I am sure to everyones delight.

Are we disagreeing again:greengrin

Keith_M
22-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Of course it's a Fact :wink:

I agree they actually all will be trying to show they can play at higher level but a lot of them are at least here for a decent time, just me being cynical that these wee deals are more trouble than they are worth it doesnt help in the long term and I thought that is what we are building for not a showcase for players trying to simply prove they still have it for 5/6 games, I for one thought we were better than this. I will maybe kneel at the alter of KT for a decent length contract not for this IMO cynical move on his part.

I also do not think there was a 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll either FACT.

Any fan of Red Dwarf knows that is not true AND knows exactly who the second gunman was :wink:

BSEJVT
22-03-2013, 08:36 AM
KT only interest and this is IMO is showing he is fit so he can continue playing at a level above SPL and possibly get another decent contract certainly not one we could afford.

Why dont you let history judge his motivations at the end of the season instead of repeating what you expect to be the situation ad nauseum?

At that point you can get your soap box out and tell everyone how you were proved correct all along.

At the moment its beginning to look a bit sad and boring your constant prattling on about what you believe his motivations are.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Why dont you let history judge his motivations at the end of the season instead of repeating what you expect to be the situation ad nauseum?

At that point you can get your soap box out and tell everyone how you were proved correct all along.

At the moment its beginning to look a bit sad and boring your constant prattling on about what you believe his motivations are.

Ok I am not to predict what I think he will do but you are allowed to on what I might do, ok.

BSEJVT
22-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Ok I am not to predict what I think he will do but you are allowed to on what I might do, ok.

Once and once only not several dozen times!

Fwiw its worth I am ambivalent about his return, its just a tad sad your continuously telling us what you think /expect

I think everyone knows your position and imo you are making a fool of yourself going on about it as you are.

Up to you though mate crack on if you want to.

keep the faith
22-03-2013, 09:30 AM

Fwiw its worth I am ambivalent about his return, its just a tad sad your continuously telling us what you think /expect

I think everyone knows your position and imo you are making a fool of yourself going on about it as you are.

He said he has said his last word on the subject so Im sure he wont reply to this...........;-)

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Ok I will remember the once and once only rule for you something which you have forgot in now telling me about me posting twice now, I am responding to other posts in the manner of a messageboard my response will be the same as I take the time to quote who I am directing it at on most occasions, although these posts have nothing to do with original thread now, I understand there is an ignore feature or there was if its that much of a burden for you.

Beefster
22-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Are you equating a footballers situation to a normal 9-5 situation as they are totally different? It is like getting made out that he has made some massive commitment for 1 or 2 years to play for free, it came at a time he agreed to quit a club at an awkward time and was likley unsure about getting a club until the summer so I assume with what he has banked and with his payoff he was quite prepared to recieve no wages until hopefully in summer he was picked up again. Then along we come chance to keep fit then chance of a short deal hey I can appease fans here by playing for free and getting in shop window, so that my take on it he hasnt lost out on any money.

I used to think that I was cynical before I used hibs.net.

Using your logic, the game would be clogged with players wanting to play for free.

Thecat23
22-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I see couple of posters on here think he's using Hibs to put himself in the shop window. I'll be honest I hope he is. In fact I hope they all do. That way they are not sitting in the comfort zone and not putting in a proper shift. When a player feels to comfy his form can dip as he knows he's not getting any better a move. Yet a player with hunger and a desire to get to the top will do his best for the club they are at to win a move. Not a problem I have as long as they are giving 100% for Hibs.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 09:43 AM
I used to think that I was cynical before I used hibs.net.

Using your logic, the game would be clogged with players wanting to play for free.

What are you talking about?

BSEJVT
22-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Ok I will remember the once and once only rule for you something which you have forgot in now telling me about me posting twice now, I am responding to other posts in the manner of a messageboard my response will be the same as I take the time to quote who I am directing it at on most occasions, although these posts have nothing to do with original thread now, I understand there is an ignore feature or there was if its that much of a burden for you.

I give in

You posted to me I responded to you

Good luck

Scouse Hibee
22-03-2013, 09:46 AM
KT is no different to several other Hibs players, some posters will loathe them regardless others will love them regardless.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 09:52 AM
I give in

You posted to me I responded to you

Good luck

Yeah as do I in my responses they are usually replys to things on a messageboard where I state my views which maybe same in every response as I am replying to folk on it, if you think I am going on about something to much for you then why quote me on it as I will likely reply as it is a messageboard and that is what you do.

I stated my POV on this thread once which is exactly what this board is for, I do not apoloogise for stating it again several times in response to people questiong me on it I thought that is what this place was for.

hibbysam
22-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Some people really need to have a word with themselves.

The lad can't do right, he has come out as everyone wanted him to, on national television and apologised for what he said, putting it down to naivety and ignorance, and he is correct, he was 21, i'm now 20 and we have all made mistakes around this age. What he is doing is showing he has learnt from it.

David Beckham made millions upon millions, doesn't stop him getting headlines for playing for nothing does it?

Thomson could easily have sat on his backside at Boro picking up his wage doing nothing, but no, he got out of there and is now helping our club out, his club out, for free.

How can you possibly spin a bad line on that? What if he does go to bigger and better things which i expect him to at the end of the season? We will have had his experience around younger players for 6 months, and his experience in big games for 7 weeks, while maybe, just maybe, helping us to the holy grail.

He could have hidden away and just got on with his job until his contract ended, but he has come out and addressed any issues with the support.

Although I'm sure the reaction he got when he came on against Hearts shows what the majority of the Hibs support feel towards the lad, and I for one have great respect for him coming to help the club out for nothing.

Skanko79
22-03-2013, 09:57 AM
When kept fit Thomson is a smashing player that will no doubt improve our team. Surely the progression of Hibs ON the park is our main focus rather than digging up the past. Give the lad a break and let him get on with his job.

Folk need to forgive and forget.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Some people really need to have a word with themselves.

The lad can't do right, he has come out as everyone wanted him to, on national television and apologised for what he said, putting it down to naivety and ignorance, and he is correct, he was 21, i'm now 20 and we have all made mistakes around this age. What he is doing is showing he has learnt from it.

David Beckham made millions upon millions, doesn't stop him getting headlines for playing for nothing does it?

Thomson could easily have sat on his backside at Boro picking up his wage doing nothing, but no, he got out of there and is now helping our club out, his club out, for free.

How can you possibly spin a bad line on that? What if he does go to bigger and better things which i expect him to at the end of the season? We will have had his experience around younger players for 6 months, and his experience in big games for 7 weeks, while maybe, just maybe, helping us to the holy grail.

He could have hidden away and just got on with his job until his contract ended, but he has come out and addressed any issues with the support.

Although I'm sure the reaction he got when he came on against Hearts shows what the majority of the Hibs support feel towards the lad, and I for one have great respect for him coming to help the club out for nothing.

Now you are right on that point without doubt as the payoff will have been less than the wages over the period of contract remaining and the rest of your post is well put sam I will say best post I have seen on here about the matter I disagree with some but it makes sense also.

J-C
22-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Why on earth would you get rid of Mcpake? Yes he has had some poor games this season but no more than anyone else and he has been very important in some big wins. He is also a big reason that we don't get pushed around and beaten easily in derbies anymore.

Maybe just me but I don't see him as the future of our club. he was good last season when we needed that bit of steel at the back but is now being found out as a very ordinary CH, his positioning and speed are poor and all too often this season has been found wanting, re the derbies, maybe the fact that Hearts are piss poor has something to do with us not being beaten by them.

Don't get me wrong he great attitude at times but is now showing that he is just an average CH with Hanlon now the better of the 2.

I don't have a problem with KT, there was obviously serious problems behind the scenes under JC's reign, it was all well documented and he left with a chip on his shoulder, things were said which he now realises were wrong, these things happen.

Beefster
22-03-2013, 10:10 AM
What are you talking about?

I can't believe that I'm having to explain it.

You claim that Thomson had his contract at Middlesborough paid up, has plenty of money and so isn't doing anything remotely noble by playing for us for free. Hundreds of players every year have contracts paid up and leave clubs. Yet, there aren't hundreds of players playing for free. In fact, it's incredibly rare. Which sort of destroys any point that you were trying to make.

You'd be on safer ground just posting "I ****ing hate Kevin Thomson for something he might have said six years ago and no amount of good deeds or apologies is going to change that"

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Maybe just me but I don't see him as the future of our club. he was good last season when we needed that bit of steel at the back but is now being found out as a very ordinary CH, his positioning and speed are poor and all too often this season has been found wanting, re the derbies, maybe the fact that Hearts are piss poor has something to do with us not being beaten by them.

Don't get me wrong he great attitude at times but is now showing that he is just an average CH with Hanlon now the better of the 2.

I don't have a problem with KT, there was obviously serious problems behind the scenes under JC's reign, it was all well documented and he left with a chip on his shoulder, things were said which he now realises were wrong, these things happen.

I would agree that McPake hasnt looked the same player as last term but it will have been easier to look good in that team. McPake isnt an issue for me at this juncture and I think he is still good enough for us and SPL my concerns are the forward areas if we lose LG IMO we need to replace him and find a partner as I am unsure on Doyle. We need guile in behind the attack also. I wouldnt worry about McPake at the moment.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 10:17 AM
When kept fit Thomson is a smashing player that will no doubt improve our team. Surely the progression of Hibs ON the park is our main focus rather than digging up the past. Give the lad a break and let him get on with his job.

Folk need to forgive and forget.

Nail on head. Only important thing at present is the team and whether he can improve it through his performances.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:21 AM
I can't believe that I'm having to explain it.

You claim that Thomson had his contract at Middlesborough paid up, has plenty of money and so isn't doing anything remotely noble by playing for us for free. Hundreds of players every year have contracts paid up and leave clubs. Yet, there aren't hundreds of players playing for free. In fact, it's incredibly rare. Which sort of destroys any point that you were trying to make.

You'd be on safer ground just posting "I ****ing hate Kevin Thomson for something he might have said six years ago and no amount of good deeds or apologies is going to change that"

Lots do but not with 8 weeks left in a season, you are just saying 100s and you do not have a clue what these players did and were is 100s came from? so lets use the simplest and most easy to check factor, how many players have Hibs agreed to cancel the contract of with 2 months of season left from being on a say 2 yr deal? Seeing as its 100s we must have done it a fair few times.

You are right you do not hear of players playing for free but you do not see clubs signing players with 8 weeks of a season to go either and players whom believe they can still cut it at a higher level which he probably could.

A contract being cancelled during a window is a totally different factor for me and in no way the same.

hibee_girl
22-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Interview in tonight's evening news too

portyhibernian
22-03-2013, 10:39 AM
The past is the past, we can't change that but he has apologised and said he regrets what he said. Good enough for me. Fenlon thinks he can do a job for us and he's a Hibs player now so time to get behind the guy again and let him do the talking on the pitch. We're not exactly in a position turn away good players based on some old articles in a heavily weejie biased rag, particularly when he's not taking a wage!

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Matty F:Not quite 2 months (but either was KT) but Danny Galbraith. There have been a few over the years. Given the number of professional clubs in the UK it's not an unreasonable assumption that there will be hundreds of players released from their contracts early.

I assume there probably are a few but we do not monitor what happens some may have something lined up and IMO it tends to be players in a lower league, I think he was released in a window though and got a move? We have relesed lots of players but I think this is a rare situation and it was always in KTs best interest to play even if for free for a few weeks which yes he didnt need to do so fair enough.

On players contracts was maybe John Rankin not let go inbetween a window or did CC just drop him?

Hainan Hibs
Still think he is a complete and utter bawbag who is nowhere near Hibs class as a person. Will support the shirt but it is still boke inducing seeing him back at the club.

matty_f
Lots do but not with 8 weeks left in a season, you are just saying 100s and you do not have a clue what these players did and were is 100s came from? so lets use the simplest and most easy to check factor, how many players have Hibs agreed to cancel the contract of with 2 months of season left from being on a say 2 yr deal? Seeing as its 100s we must have done it a fair few times.

You are right you do not hear of players playing for free but you do not see clubs signing players with 8 weeks of a season to go either and players whom believe they can still cut it at a higher level which he probably could.

A contract being cancelled during a window is a totally different factor for me and in no way the same.

Dundee just signed a keeper, sure St Mirren signed Goncalves with not much of the season left. Was McFadden in the window?

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Dundee just signed a keeper, sure St Mirren signed Goncalves with not much of the season left. Was McFadden in the window?

I think McFadden was after window.

matty_f
22-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I think McFadden was after window.

I think you're right, and that adds weight to Beefster's point. Mcfadden isn't playing for free and his situation is broadly comparable to Thomson's.

J-C
22-03-2013, 10:49 AM
I would agree that McPake hasnt looked the same player as last term but it will have been easier to look good in that team. McPake isnt an issue for me at this juncture and I think he is still good enough for us and SPL my concerns are the forward areas if we lose LG IMO we need to replace him and find a partner as I am unsure on Doyle. We need guile in behind the attack also. I wouldnt worry about McPake at the moment.

I agree, the worry for me is the forward areas, re strikers and AM, I think Griffiths will go and with now the worry over Cairney's health issues, we need improving in that area.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I think you're right, and that adds weight to Beefster's point. Mcfadden isn't playing for free and his situation is broadly comparable to Thomson's.

I am not saying beefster is totally wrong or I am totally right I think there will be a middle ground with what the player is thinking doing. I am sure Mcfadden is like thomson hopefull that something better than the SPL will come of the short time spent here and that is fair enough. all I am saying it wasnt clear KT was getting any offers to play at all therfore playing for free was a good option for him as keeps him playing and has other benefits also, yes he didnt need to and I accept that.

McFadden to my knowledge or any of the other players mentioned pissed of a large portion of the support of the club they joined though this is why for me its very different. I think for the sake of maybe a few grand this has proved to work for KT and in large all has been forgiven I still think in large it would have been if if paid.

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree, the worry for me is the forward areas, re strikers and AM, I think Griffiths will go and with now the worry over Cairney's health issues, we need improving in that area.

If I was PF I would as soon as possible get the LG situation sorted no matter for good or bad and start looking at sorting the forward areas at the club as for me that is a paroblem I would also be looking at Alex Harris and seeing what role he can play as for me it is now without doubt at very least bench.

Thecat23
22-03-2013, 11:01 AM
I am not saying beefster is totally wrong or I am totally right I think there will be a middle ground with what the player is thinking doing. I am sure Mcfadden is like thomson hopefull that something better than the SPL will come of the short time spent here and that is fair enough. all I am saying it wasnt clear KT was getting any offers to play at all therfore playing for free was a good option for him as keeps him playing and has other benefits also, yes he didnt need to and I accept that.

KT had another team looking at him. He chose Hibs as he thought that would be the best for him. The other team would have paid him as well. Not much but still more than getting nothing.

YehButNoBut
22-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub5m (http://www.hibs.net/HibernianFCClub/status/315071010300887040)TV: Kevin Thomson speaks to Hibernian TV via YouTube about his return to the club http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYgLtuze1QE … (http://t.co/SquBl2hNr6) #hiberniantv (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23hiberniantv&src=hash) #thommoisback (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23thommoisback&src=hash)

hibsbollah
22-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Moving past the 'is he a bawbag' question, im more interested now in seeing how he performs on the pitch now. Seems to be a lot of people assuming hes stil 'got it' to improve our midfield dramatically, but the jury is still out on the 20 mins or so we've seen him play.

Bad Martini
22-03-2013, 11:50 AM
3 wee points:

1) I like Carlsberg's ability to maintain his stance even when the record is probably broken. If someone took a **** in your kettle 7 years ago, would you change your view on said ******** being an ******** cause 7 years had passed? Nope. The man is allowed to be angry. And maintain his point. :agree::thumbsup:
2) I agree with most of what he says on KT. :agree:
3) BUT, I accept that we are benefiting ever so slightly from KT playing for free, if he stays fit and plays well. If not, he can bolt and we've lost nowt. :aok:

Note: regards the folk seriously advocating we get rid of McPake - has someone started firing plumes of crack into the sky from a chimney on high?? Or are folk just THAT radge?

Anyway, as ye were.....ding ding :na na::greengrin

Finally, up the yams as ever and Gareth Bale FC tonight :jmcp:

ENDOF

marinello59
22-03-2013, 01:10 PM

Yes. :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
22-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes. :thumbsup:

Ah but we are agreeing on disagreeing :greengrin

Niffy
22-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub5m (http://www.hibs.net/HibernianFCClub/status/315071010300887040)TV: Kevin Thomson speaks to Hibernian TV via YouTube about his return to the club http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYgLtuze1QE … (http://t.co/SquBl2hNr6) #hiberniantv (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23hiberniantv&src=hash) #thommoisback (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23thommoisback&src=hash)

Check how twitchy and nose touchey he gets at the bit where the interview gets to the nitty gritty bit....

Beefster
22-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Check how twitchy and nose touchey he gets at the bit where the interview gets to the nitty gritty bit....

Hibs/Katie could have just ignored it. Judging by the reaction at the Hearts game, the majority are behind him and the club. Instead, he's chosen to address it several times. TBH, I wouldn't be that comfortable if I had to apologise for/explain half the **** that I did at 21.

Hibrandenburg
22-03-2013, 02:49 PM
He's apologized, fair doos! Still don't mean I have to like the guy.

GreenOnions
22-03-2013, 03:06 PM

What about Paul McGowan from St Mirren? I don't know his contract situation tho.

J-C
22-03-2013, 03:18 PM
What about Paul McGowan from St Mirren? I don't know his contract situation tho.

I'm sure there are plenty players we can think of, all dependent on contract situation and whether they want to come here, McGowan and players like him are definitely ones I would be looking at.

147lothian
22-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Of course you have never had a player using the old firm to get a move to england, or anyone using the spl to win a bigger deal, only KT right?

No need to wait until the end of the season to see if he can do anything for the team. Its a team full of season ticket holders like every other spl team

lapsedhibee
22-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Would have preferred if Katie had physically held his hands up, looked into the camera and said "I'm sorry" rather than just stating that he was naive and had regrets but, nevertheless, as an anti-Katie I thought he did well in that interview. Clearly using Hibs as a stepping-stone and with a view to getting a cup-winners medal, but nothing much wrong with that imo.

One minor question. Is he genuinely, as he claims and is oft-repeated on here, 'playing for nothing' - ie no money is changing hands - or is he playing without a basic wage, which is not quite the same thing? No gripe either way, just would like to have it clarified.

Saorsa
22-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Would have preferred if Katie had physically held his hands up, looked into the camera and said "I'm sorry" rather than just stating that he was naive and had regrets but, nevertheless, as an anti-Katie I thought he did well in that interview. Clearly using Hibs as a stepping-stone and with a view to getting a cup-winners medal, but nothing much wrong with that imo.

One minor question. Is he genuinely, as he claims and is oft-repeated on here, 'playing for nothing' - ie no money is changing hands - or is he playing without a basic wage, which is not quite the same thing? No gripe either way, just would like to have it clarified.If you've nae gripe why does it matter and why does it need tae be clarified?

lapsedhibee
22-03-2013, 06:41 PM
If you've nae gripe why does it matter and why does it need tae be clarified?

It's a matter of speaking plain English. If he's playing for nothing that's fine. If he's playing for appearance and/or bonus money that's also fine. What's not fine is if he's getting money and people are saying he's playing for nothing. That's not fine because it's at the very least misleading. With Katie's history of being misquoted/misinterpreted/whatever, it'd be nice if all matters concerning his return were just reported in plain, unambiguous English. What's the objection to that? :dunno:

Iggy Pope
22-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Unbelievably, this thread is *****R than the last one about this same subject.
Embarrassing.

hibee_girl
22-03-2013, 07:08 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-kevin-thomson-chasing-scottish-cup-win-1-2852560

lapsedhibee
22-03-2013, 07:16 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-kevin-thomson-chasing-scottish-cup-win-1-2852560

Good article. :agree:

Alfred E Newman
22-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Embarrassing.

Agree completely.

marinello59
22-03-2013, 08:09 PM
It's a matter of speaking plain English. If he's playing for nothing that's fine. If he's playing for appearance and/or bonus money that's also fine. What's not fine is if he's getting money and people are saying he's playing for nothing. That's not fine because it's at the very least misleading. With Katie's history of being misquoted/misinterpreted/whatever, it'd be nice if all matters concerning his return were just reported in plain, unambiguous English. What's the objection to that? :dunno:

Basically you want KT to play the clichés game and tell you exactly what you want to hear. No matter what he says there are some who will not be happy. Time we all moved on and supported whoever wears the strip.

lapsedhibee
22-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Basically you want KT to play the clichés game and tell you exactly what you want to hear. No matter what he says there are some who will not be happy. Time we all moved on and supported whoever wears the strip.

I don't want him to play any cliches game at all. He did a good interview for HibsTV. Perhaps could have been a bit better. I'm glad he's taking not much money from Hibs, if any. No-one seems able to confirm that he's taking no money at all. I don't know why. It might be spin that he's playing for nothing, it might not. I would prefer there was no spin at all, and particularly with this player, who seems to have suffered in the past from it. It's not that important whether he's getting no money or some money when he plays, I just don't understand why all those who know him personally seem unable to say that he's getting no money at all. (Or if they have, I've missed that, and :doh:)

I hope he realises his wish to get a winners' medal with Hibs, and I don't think there's anything at all wrong with him using Hibs to better himself, if that's what he's doing.

:flag:

Shrekko
22-03-2013, 10:51 PM
I don't want him to play any cliches game at all. He did a good interview for HibsTV. Perhaps could have been a bit better. I'm glad he's taking not much money from Hibs, if any. No-one seems able to confirm that he's taking no money at all. I don't know why. It might be spin that he's playing for nothing, it might not. I would prefer there was no spin at all, and particularly with this player, who seems to have suffered in the past from it. It's not that important whether he's getting no money or some money when he plays, I just don't understand why all those who know him personally seem unable to say that he's getting no money at all. (Or if they have, I've missed that, and :doh:)

I hope he realises his wish to get a winners' medal with Hibs, and I don't think there's anything at all wrong with him using Hibs to better himself, if that's what he's doing.

If KT himself posted the answer and swore on his kids life he was being honest, what would be your next question? I mean, I'm intrigued, and we can't possibly just let it lie there with 7 games still to go.

lapsedhibee
22-03-2013, 11:01 PM
If KT himself posted the answer and swore on his kids life he was being honest, what would be your next question? I mean, I'm intrigued, and we can't possibly just let it lie there with 7 games still to go.

So is that right, then, no money at all changes hands? If that's right, that's fine, just haven't seen it confirmed. Are you confirming it, or just cleverly avoiding confirming it? There was some discussion in an earlier thread that he would be getting bonuses, and I didn't see that dismissed by any of the many Katie ITKs. I don't care whether he gets nothing, appearance money, bonuses, or 24 virgins after every match, but I would like to know the truth. Perhaps the suggestion that he would be getting bonuses was just someone being mischievous, I don't know. If he's not even getting his bus fare to the ground, that's very impressive scrimping by Rod.

Don't have any other questions about Kevin.

monktonharp
22-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I for one like Thomson. Great professional.on the other hand, I dont. Great profesionals dont say what he said, about Hibernian.

Beefster
22-03-2013, 11:12 PM
So is that right, then, no money at all changes hands? If that's right, that's fine, just haven't seen it confirmed. Are you confirming it, or just cleverly avoiding confirming it? There was some discussion in an earlier thread that he would be getting bonuses, and I didn't see that dismissed by any of the many Katie ITKs. I don't care whether he gets nothing, appearance money, bonuses, or 24 virgins after every match, but I would like to know the truth. Perhaps the suggestion that he would be getting bonuses was just someone being mischievous, I don't know. If he's not even getting his bus fare to the ground, that's very impressive scrimping by Rod.

Don't have any other questions about Kevin.

Which part of "playing for free" suggests that you're being lied to?

I can guarantee you that Hibs will have insured him so its not entirely free. Greedy barsteward, that Thomson.

monktonharp
22-03-2013, 11:17 PM

But that's ok :wink: you seem to think, or allude to others that it's blown over, Mikey. are you some sort of judge /jury on this kind of subject/ I personally think otherwise, as I've made plain on a couple of occasions. I have never tried to say "nasty things" (how naughty if I did) about Hibernian football club, which is one of the main things in my life, but I wont stand idily by, and be roughshod by people like you, who seem to have another agenda , and that is to quiet things down on behalf of the club. he still has a heelava lot of penance to do, before he sits well with me, and that is only my opinion. others may think in a similar vein but I speak for myself.

lapsedhibee
22-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Which part of "playing for free" suggests that you're being lied to?

I can guarantee you that Hibs will have insured him so its not entirely free. Greedy barsteward, that Thomson.

I read a suggestion on another thread that he was playing without a basic wage, and that was the sense in which he was playing for nothing.

My question was about money changing hands, and insurance payments have no relevance to an answer.

You are confirming then, are you, that no money at all changes hands in this arrangement between Kevin and Hibs?

I don't think anyone's telling lies, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if something or other was being spun a little. It happens.

Will he not even get a bonus if he plays 90 minutes in a Scottish Cup final for us, and we win? That seems to me not exactly incredible, but certainly a bit strange. But it may well be true. I don't know - do you? :dunno:

Pretty Boy
23-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Embarrassing.

Best post on the thread.

Peevemor
23-03-2013, 06:46 AM

One minor question. Is he genuinely, as he claims and is oft-repeated on here, 'playing for nothing' - ie no money is changing hands - or is he playing without a basic wage, which is not quite the same thing? No gripe either way, just would like to have it clarified.

"With finances so tight at the moment, I've decided to put the club first and play for free. I'm looking forward to being back playing for Hibs again."

"The fact that he has agreed to play for nothing speaks volumes about his attitude and the squad will benefit from his experience and leadership qualities."

From the official site http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130309/thomson-returns-to-easter-road_2262950_3102301

"Free" and "nothing" suggests to me that there isn't any appearance or bonus money.

Beefster
23-03-2013, 07:32 AM
I read a suggestion on another thread that he was playing without a basic wage, and that was the sense in which he was playing for nothing.

My question was about money changing hands, and insurance payments have no relevance to an answer.

You are confirming then, are you, that no money at all changes hands in this arrangement between Kevin and Hibs?

I don't think anyone's telling lies, but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if something or other was being spun a little. It happens.

Will he not even get a bonus if he plays 90 minutes in a Scottish Cup final for us, and we win? That seems to me not exactly incredible, but certainly a bit strange. But it may well be true. I don't know - do you? :dunno:

Like 99.99% of most Hibs supporters, i dont know about the confidential affairs of Hibs and their players. How often do Hibs release detailed contract information? Why don't you just take Hibs' statement at face value rather than putting more faith in a random poster on here? They didn't have to even tell us that he was 'playing for free'.

lapsedhibee
23-03-2013, 07:54 AM
"Free" and "nothing" suggests to me that there isn't any appearance or bonus money.

:agree: That's what they suggest to me, too.

Like 99.99% of most Hibs supporters, i dont know about the confidential affairs of Hibs and their players. How often do Hibs release detailed contract information? Why don't you just take Hibs' statement at face value rather than putting more faith in a random poster on here? They didn't have to even tell us that he was 'playing for free'.
Wasn't really putting faith in a random poster, just pointing out there's been a question raised, and repeating it in the hope of a definitive answer.
Understand that Hibs don't release private information about money, but this state of affairs (entirely correct imo) has in the past led to all sorts being claimed about the largesse of members of the golden generation. It's been claimed at different times that various or most of Brown, Murphy, O'Connor, Riordan and Whittaker have given or waived substantial sums of money in favour of youth development at Hibs. I don't now know for certain if it's true in even one of those cases.
But I'll leave the question about KT's remuneration now, saying only that I am amazed that any professional football player would not be on a bonus for winning a cup final or semi-final. That would seem to be bordering on questionable management. All Hibs players imo should be on bonuses to win those games at least, and if KT's not, he should be.

147lothian
24-03-2013, 02:29 PM
The subject is becoming boring, lets cast judgement at the end of the season!

Northernhibee
24-03-2013, 02:58 PM
A very honest interview. No bull****, straight to the point.

Glad to have him here.

Holmesdale Hibs
24-03-2013, 06:45 PM
A very honest interview. No bull****, straight to the point.

Glad to have him here.

:agree: spoke well and came across very genuine.

I went to hospitality once for my birthday and he seemed like a decent guy. I never spoke to him myself but he was giving a lot of chat to all the kids where as most of the other players just smiled politely and moved on.

Hope he can keep fit, get back in the Scotland squad and most importantly do well for Hibs.

Aaron
24-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Welcome back KT. He gets my full support.

It is easy to sit here as supporters and say what we should and shouldn't do. He is one of us. If he is good on the pitch and committed then he has my full support - just like anyone who pulls on our famous green and white jersey.

Jonnyboy
24-03-2013, 07:12 PM
There are some who will never forgive
There are some who will never forget
There are some who will neither forgive nor forget

Then, on the evidence of the reception he got when he came off the bench in his first game back, there are the noisy majority who cheered a Hibs player

Seriously, I mean what is the point of flogging this to death?

hibsbollah
24-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Seriously, I mean what is the point of flogging this to death?

The thread was a response to Thomsons press statement, which he chose to do himself i would have thought. Therefore its a justifiable thread IMO. Or maybe you should direct your question to Kevin himself? :greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-03-2013, 07:43 PM
The thread was a response to Thomsons press statement, which he chose to do himself i would have thought. Therefore its a justifiable thread IMO. Or maybe you should direct your question to Kevin himself? :greengrin

:greengrin

My irritation is more to do with the pro and anti KT camps regurgitating the same stuff endlessly when neither side seems willing to budge from their stance.

It's an age thing bollah :greengrin

hibsbollah
24-03-2013, 07:58 PM
:greengrin

My irritation is more to do with the pro and anti KT camps regurgitating the same stuff endlessly when neither side seems willing to budge from their stance.

It's an age thing bollah :greengrin

I've changed my stance, but I'm easily swayed by a bit of sentimental posturing. I'm going to blow him kisses in my new #38 Thomson shirt with 'one of our own' embroidered on the heart in gold lame:love ya!:

Jonnyboy
24-03-2013, 08:03 PM
I've changed my stance, but I'm easily swayed by a bit of sentimental posturing. I'm going to blow him kisses in my new #38 Thomson shirt with 'one of our own' embroidered on the heart in gold lame:love ya!:

At last, a victory for common sense :greengrin

monktonharp
24-03-2013, 08:53 PM
At last, a victory for common sense :greengrinok then Johnny, your obviously in the forgive Katie camp. admire all your stats/info re-Hibernian fc as a whole but that disnae make me a Katie admirer. thanks for your informative info though.

monktonharp
24-03-2013, 08:56 PM
he'll never be one of our own. only an opinion though. :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
24-03-2013, 08:56 PM
ok then Johnny, your obviously in the forgive Katie camp. admire all your stats/info re-Hibernian fc as a whole but that disnae make me a Katie admirer. thanks for your informative info though.

On what basis to you reach that conclusion? I've never indicated how I feel about KT returning

monktonharp
24-03-2013, 09:28 PM
At last, a victory for common sense :greengrin:confused:

Jonnyboy
24-03-2013, 09:49 PM
:confused:

Confused? You're making something out of nothing here. hibsbollah and I exchanged a few posts - nothing more

Just what is it you think I've done?

hibsbollah
24-03-2013, 09:53 PM
he'll never be one of our own. only an opinion though. :rolleyes:

Just a bit of humour. Time to move on :flag:

monktonharp
24-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Just a bit of humour. Time to move on :flag:ah well, there we are. , time to move on, or in other words some on here dont forgive but others do. it's all a bit of banter dont you know:rolleyes:

lEXO
24-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I dont have to like Hibs players, i support the team, not individuals. I do however want good players and regardless of what folk think of him, he is a good player when fit. The fact that we have added a guy who has won trophies and played in a European final to our squad can only be a good thing. All the better we dont have to pay him. Dont really see what the big issue is really. He made an erse of himself at 21 and has apologised more than once. We really are a bitter lot sometimes.

147lothian
25-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Maybe he needs to cut his arm off and drink the blood to show some people how he deeply regrets the past.

Kato
25-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Maybe he needs to cut his arm off and drink the blood to show some people how he deeply regrets the past.

Is this a normal way of showing regret for things past?

Craig_in_Prague
26-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Is he actually going to play? lol
2 game in and played about 1 minute.

hugo boss
29-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Just watched his interview on hibs tv..well done kev open and honest take my hat to you..we all make mistakes..win us the cup now haha:flag:

MB62
29-03-2013, 11:12 AM
He now needs game time. Get him on the park Pat FFS.

Scooter
29-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Link?

Saorsa
29-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Link?Dinnae ken if this is the full length version or no but this is on the Hibernian TV youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYgLtuze1QE&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

monktonharp
29-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Dinnae ken if this is the full length version or no but this is on the Hibernian TV youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYgLtuze1QE&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxwthink the interviewer made a mistake with "your first club" did he not. iirc his first club are now in adminidtration. ?

Scooter
29-03-2013, 06:43 PM
Good interview from him

Hibercelona
29-03-2013, 07:02 PM
He talks a good interview.

But I just hope he can do the business on the park, otherwise it means nothing.

Stringer
29-03-2013, 07:08 PM
It comes down to whether you believe him when he said a Scottish cup with hibs would surpass his achievements throughout his career.

I do believe he is being serious :flag:

keep the faith
30-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Superb today. Never wasted a pass and was head and shoulders our best player. Claros should have been alongside him though.
Good to have you back Kevin.

Alfred E Newman
30-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Superb today. Never wasted a pass and was head and shoulders our best player. Claros should have been alongside him though.
Good to have you back Kevin.

Certainly was. Unfortunately he only underlined how poor Deegan and Taiwa are. The substitutions were not much better though Cairney tried to be creative.

lucky
30-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Best player by a mile. He has class above nearly every player in the SPL. Looking forward to him playing more and dictating games

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Kevin Thomson showed more desire today than the whole team put together, head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.
To the doubters :giruy:

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2013, 06:28 PM
He talks a good interview.

But I just hope he can do the business on the park, otherwise it means nothing.

Proved today he can!

Beefster
30-03-2013, 06:33 PM
To think that it was claimed that we didn't need him because he was no better than what we had.

Scouse Hibee
30-03-2013, 06:37 PM
To think that it was claimed that we didn't need him because he was no better than what we had.

:agree: Laughable

The fact we have managed to secure his services for free is truly remarkable. Just shows the man he is with the passion and desire shown today that his paid colleagues couldn't come close to matching.

Mr White
30-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Thomson claros and Robertson if he can find the kind of form he showed at united could be a cracking middle 3. Cairney and Harris to provide some width and creativity and we could be in business.

TornadoHibby
30-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Best player by a mile. He has class above nearly every player in the SPL. Looking forward to him playing more and dictating games

Showed that he still has the vision, composure on the ball and awareness of what's going on around him that he had as a youngster but now also has the experience of several years of playing at a consistently better level in terms of regular fellow team players and competitive opponents! :agree:

Was my MOTM by half time! :agree:

Thought that young Harris, or should I be referring to him as "Boozy" as a few around me seemed to be doing although I was unable to assess why they were, was excellent today also and hope that he can fulfil the early promise he is showing already! :agree::agree:

FranckSuzy
30-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Showed that he still has the vision, composure on the ball and awareness of what's going on around him that he had as a youngster but now also has the experience of several years of playing at a consistently better level in terms of regular fellow team players and competitive opponents! :agree:

Was my MOTM by half time! :agree:

Thought that young Harris, or should I be referring to him as "Boozy" as a few around me seemed to be doing although I was unable to assess why they were, was excellent today also and hope that he can fulfil the early promise he is showing already! :agree::agree:

He seemingly was called this as he had a 'fro like Boozy :greengrin