PDA

View Full Version : 18 Month Ban for Knuckle Duster

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2013, 04:44 PM
A HIBS fan who was caught with a knuckleduster at an SPL match was today banned from attending football for 18 months.
Tom McFarlane was found with the weapon in the stands at Dundee FC’s Dens Park stadium after trouble flared between home and visiting fans.
Words were exchanged between Hibs fans in the away end and home fans sitting in the Derry enclosure shortly after half time when police moved in to quell trouble.
McFarlane was then spotted trying to flee the ground - but was stopped and searched by cops.
They found the knuckleduster concealed in his jacket.
McFarlane, 24, of Lanark Road West, Currie, Edinburgh, pleaded guilty on summary complaint to possessing an offensive weapon at Dens Park, Dundee, on November 17 last year.
Sheriff Derek O’Carroll imposed a 18 month football banning order - and placed him on a community payback order with 130 hours of community service.
He said: “There’s only one purpose of a knuckleduster and that’s to inflict harm on others and that’s a very serious matter.
“In my view given the circumstances in which it was found you having been ejected from the ground because of disorder I’m going to impose a football banning order.
“That bans you from attending all football games in the UK for 18 months.”
Bottom of the table Dundee won the SPL clash 3-1 in a surprise result - with Hibernian having started the day top of the league.
Goals from Kyle Benedictus, Steven Milne and a Kevin McBride penalty put the hosts into a commanding lead, with Leigh Griffiths netting a consolation

Hibercelona
20-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Awful weapons them.

He's a very lucky lad only to be banned for 18 months.

hibeedonald
20-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Don't remember about hearing trouble at this game?

HibeeMG
20-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Fair enough.

I hope the club ban him for life. Don't need the club's name being tarnished by neanderthals such as him.

lEXO
20-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Good. One less bam to spoil the enjoyment of the rest of us.

Malthibby
20-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Fair enough.

I hope the club ban him for life. Don't need the club's name being tarnished by neanderthals such as him.
:agree:
Hope someone from the club is taking note.

frazeHFC
20-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Don't remember about hearing trouble at this game?

Was a very hostile crowd that day from what i remember, saw a couple of incidents around Dundee after the game too.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2013, 06:51 PM
:agree: Life ban, not Hibs class at all, when I first read this I thought the guy must have been a throwback in his 50's, Knuckledusters at football FFS, how did they spot him in the crowd / Skinheid, Doc Martens, Harrington and bay city rollers Jumper?

silverhibee
20-03-2013, 07:05 PM
And at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today.

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/218353-six-men-have-in-court-over-chants-at-celtic-v-hearts-match-at-tynecastle/

AL-Qaholik
20-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Can we rename this thread "18 month ban for Knuckle DRAGGER"...?

Hope the club ban him for life!
No place for Neanderthals like this at Easter Road - or in modern society in general!

jdships
20-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Awful weapons them.

He's a very lucky lad only to be banned for 18 months.

:agree:
Club should now ban him for life !!

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2013, 07:29 PM
And at Edinburgh Sheriff Court today.

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/218353-six-men-have-in-court-over-chants-at-celtic-v-hearts-match-at-tynecastle/

Haha I know one of them, his parents will be chuffed at that!

hibsbollah
20-03-2013, 07:49 PM
PC gone mad. This is the consequence of letting the dogooder brigade run amok.