PDA

View Full Version : Scouting system

Vault Boy
20-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Noticed this article in the Scotsman, and I don't think it has been posted elsewhere. :http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/hibs-boss-casting-a-wide-net-for-new-signings-1-2846705

It will be interesting to see what sort of players come into our interest during the summer, whether they are just for youth development or the first team.

GlenrothesHibee
20-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Looks promising

jacomo
21-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Seems like every single club is now pursuing a youth-led strategy, and whatever advantage Hibs had in this area is well and truly gone.

For me there should always be two strands to attracting the best young players - an academy that is recognised as the best in its region, and a very good scouting network. I am not sure we have either.

At least PF is taking an interest and is trying to improve things.

hibee19
22-03-2013, 02:19 AM
This sounds more promising. We have for a while been jealous of the gems other SPL sides manage to find, about time we found one or two of them perhaps. Hopefully with a few of the younger lads coming through as well the future looks bright. Lets just hope we see an improvement on players coming in from the likes of Kujabi, Kuqi, Done and Doyle.