PDA

View Full Version : Norval Barclay - Back home to Leith

JHFC
20-03-2013, 02:38 PM
I was just listening to this song and I was wondering does anyone still listen to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWL-IMkeIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lyonhibs
20-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Given as we got rammed senseless 5-1 by Hearts in the game it was written for (it's not actually - for a song written for a football game - too bad.....), I have to admit I have wiped it clean from my memory.

wearethehibs
20-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Its still on my phone but haven't listened to it since that day. Maybe if we make the final this year, it can be made with a different video.

Up The Bracket
20-03-2013, 04:27 PM
I've listened to it a few times. The memories from last years semi-final were (apart from winning the CIS Cup) the best memories of my football supporting life. I still get goosebumps when I watch Leigh's goal.

It reminds me, not of the final, but our cup run leading up to it and I imagine I'll stick it on again the night before the Falkirk game.

Last year was a nightmare but I've moved on.

Hibeesforever
20-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Great track and like the above similarly too painful at the moment but think it will be sure to have a green renaissance.

edinburghhibee
21-03-2013, 01:07 AM
I've not listened to it either since before that game had a wee listen to it again and it's a great wee song... Will put it on the iPhone and take it to Thailand with me... Have it blasting out while the hibees play the semi since I doubt I'll get the chance to watch it :(

RyeSloan
21-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Better than I could ever manage but if I'm honest this song doesn't do much for me....

Steve-O
21-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I was just listening to this song and I was wondering does anyone still listen to it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWL-IMkeIQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bad luck from last year, and pish. :agree:

Hainan Hibs
21-03-2013, 08:28 AM
The quality of the song matches the quality of the final itself.

Just_Jimmy
21-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Utter pish.

Mister P
21-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Didn't think it was too bad tbh. Anyone fancy trying a new one for this year??

Bass, drums & vocals required

worcesterhibby
21-03-2013, 09:53 AM
I liked it. Haven't listened to it since the final though.

I used to work with Norval when we were both "Grocery Boys" (arch rivals of the Butchers department) at the old Willie Lows Store on Broughton Road back in the mid 80's.We used to fight to avoid working saturday afternoons so we could get to ER.

There used to be a really annoying manager their called Mr Little, who thought he was gods gift. Me, Norval and the other "Grocery boy" Scott used to hate it when he was working. The day Scott left the job he picked up the tannoy on his way out and announced to a packed store...

" Mr Little please come to the reception desk, you have a telephone call from the VD clinic"

(That's the STD clinic for you young 'uns) Customers were rolling in the aisles :greengrin:greengrin