PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Sandaza Stitch-up

essexhibee
20-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Woops Fran.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296206/Rangers-star-Francisco-Sandaza-duped-Celtic-fan-cabbie-astonishing-23-minute-phonecall--listen-clip.html

Quality video at the bottom of the page that shows Sandaza in conversation with an " agent" :rotflmao::rotflmao:lining up a move to the MLS.

Apparently he will get £10,000 per week :shocked::shocked:in the last year of his contract. Mental!!

Ritchie
20-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Woops Fran.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296206/Rangers-star-Francisco-Sandaza-duped-Celtic-fan-cabbie-astonishing-23-minute-phonecall--listen-clip.html

Quality video at the bottom of the page that shows Sandaza in conversation with an " agent" :rotflmao::rotflmao:lining up a move to the MLS.

Apparently he will get £10,000 per week :shocked::shocked:in the last year of his contract. Mental!!

Listened to this on the bus this morning and had a good chuckle! :greengrin

Centre Hawf
20-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I feel quite bad for Sandanza in the situation, as he's clearly there for the money, he has no emotional ties to Rangers and like he said Rangers were the best offer. That was plainly obvious to see, i hope he doesn't get hammered by the Rangers fans for this and im sure the staff at Rangers will hammer him for this.

10k a week is shocking as well!

Hibee Ryan
20-03-2013, 02:56 PM
That "Tommy" boy comes across as a massive c**k. What's with the way he talks

Sandaza just comes across as a professional that's just trying to get the best out of his career.

EdinMike
20-03-2013, 02:58 PM
I feel quite bad for Sandanza in the situation, as he's clearly there for the money, he has no emotional ties to Rangers and like he said Rangers were the best offer. That was plainly obvious to see, i hope he doesn't get hammered by the Rangers fans for this and im sure the staff at Rangers will hammer him for this.

How many of them aren't there for the money ?! :rolleyes:

frazeHFC
20-03-2013, 03:03 PM
How many of them aren't there for the money ?! :rolleyes:

None of them, 'they dont do walking away' remember. :wink:

JimBHibees
20-03-2013, 05:57 PM

A wee bit naughty to stitch up the guy like that IMO especially given English isnt his first language. No way would they do that to Lee McCulloch for example.

cocopops1875
20-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Sandaza just comes across as a professional that's just trying to get the best out of his career.
Agree :agree: Absolute Roaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Lx2evVeKR4

neilmartinrocks
20-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Wonder how the orcs are going to react to this then?

we dont do walking away...........Hey Fran whaur ye guan pal?:greengrin

The_Todd
20-03-2013, 06:05 PM
A wee bit naughty to stitch up the guy like that IMO especially given English isnt his first language. No way would they do that to Lee McCulloch for example.

And English is Lee McCulloch's first language? :wink:

JimBHibees
20-03-2013, 06:06 PM
And English is Lee McCulloch's first language? :wink:

True enough. :greengrin

hibee19
20-03-2013, 06:09 PM

He seems a little bit unstable. Before Talksport switched to sport 24 hours he used to call in to them all the time and he was mental but quite funny. Sure I heard him on Your Call once too, seems to get round the phone-ins. From what I remember he's a Celtic fan and a converted muslim.

Hibee Ryan
20-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Dunno who's worse their, the hosts or that roaster

The host doesn't seem to understand anything and even came out with the line "I think it's heroic not to pay taxes" :bitchy:

Football phone in's do seem to bring out some absolute cretins and this Tommy guy phones into all of them as they are realise he is one

lyonhibs
20-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Any Rangers fan that thinks most of the players that joined them in the 3rd Division are there for the love of Sevco/"The Rangers PLC" need their eyes opened anyway.

Plus, without even listening to it, it's a nap that the boy is a welt. Most people who do these "stich up" things are bellends of the highest order.

AndyM_1875
21-03-2013, 07:41 AM
TommyinGlasgow is indeed a massive roaster. He has form too and i heard a link of him having a meltdown when HMRC lost the tax case against Rangers. In a tear stained rant he Said he was going to "leave Scotland and join up with his brothers and sisters", whatever that meant.

It was hilariously pathetic.

Steve-O
21-03-2013, 07:57 AM
The main thing to come out of this call is that Rangers haven't learned a single thing. This clown, who has scored ONE goal, is earning more than any Hibs player? This Rangers liquidation could well end with those idiots laughing at the rest of us, rather than the opposite :confused:

Hibee Ryan
21-03-2013, 11:14 AM
The main thing to come out of this call is that Rangers haven't learned a single thing. This clown, who has scored ONE goal, is earning more than any Hibs player? This Rangers liquidation could well end with those idiots laughing at the rest of us, rather than the opposite :confused:

Rangers really have gone about the wrong way... They're paying so much money and look how much they are losing! The fans wanted big names and that's the only reason they signed SPL players for big bucks

Still think they should of went the Gretna way, signing the best players from the division above who could still easily win the division but at a fraction of the cost

jacomo
21-03-2013, 11:48 AM
Rangers really have gone about the wrong way... They're paying so much money and look how much they are losing! The fans wanted big names and that's the only reason they signed SPL players for big bucks

Still think they should of went the Gretna way, signing the best players from the division above who could still easily win the division but at a fraction of the cost

To have done that, they would have needed to know who the best players in Div 2 were, and they wouldn't have had a clue. Rangers have cherry picked the SPL for years and even though they were starting again at the bottom of the League, I don't think they know any other way.

Mister P
21-03-2013, 12:44 PM
complete walloper. I thought it was quite funny to begin with then started to feel for Sandaza.

after all, don't we all go to our work just for the money??

OMG, Da Vinci code, Jaque de Molay, Masonry, anti catholic (or was it Caflik), Uefa.....**** me, this guy is a loon, should be locked up!!

LeighLoyal
21-03-2013, 01:11 PM
How dare he, eh? What player would sign up with SevCo for the money? I'm sure wee Tempie signed up for the glory of a newco in SFL 3.

Boyle89
21-03-2013, 03:53 PM
HAHA thats class. Feel a little sorry for him being duped like that but tbh im sure he will get over it knowing his wages increase annually, seemingly automatically. Would be hilarious if they are stuck in the first division and paying him 10k a week.
OMG I weep for humanity after listening to that tommy guy. Somebody buy him a rope. Typical celtic 'diehard', oppression this and minority that. FFS its football man!

Killiehibbie
21-03-2013, 04:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Lx2evVeKR4I hope for his sake I never get into his taxi and have to listen to any of his crap.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21899924

I see he has been suspended. Looks like Green looking fro an excuse to bin to be honest. Pretty poor IMO.

JimBHibees
22-03-2013, 01:49 PM

I see he has been suspended. Looks like Green looking fro an excuse to bin to be honest. Pretty poor IMO.

lyonhibs
22-03-2013, 05:05 PM

Exactly what the **** are Sevco investigating??

Sandaza - who has English as - at least - his 2nd language - gets duped by some absolute bellend and tells him the truth about why he and 99% of their signings moved there.

Case closed.

Sounds like Green is red-faced that he has stuffed RFC full of over-paid, under-performing mercenaries. Sounds familiar.

Beefster
22-03-2013, 05:30 PM

Sevco play to the gallery whenever possible since Green took over. This is another example of that.

Andy74
22-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Trying to get an easy route to emptying a guy who is paid a fortune and hasn't delivered. They must have been delighted when this opportunity came up.

IWasThere2016
22-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Trying to get an easy route to emptying a guy who is paid a fortune and hasn't delivered. They must have been delighted when this opportunity came up.

What did the hoaxers get Ian Black too?!?

Hibernia Na Eir
22-03-2013, 09:02 PM
be good to see Sandaza sign for another Sevco rival and then to stick it up Green, McCoist and Co by scoring against them.

Maybe they could blame his boots!

Jones28
22-03-2013, 09:38 PM

Maybe it was orchestrated by Rangers? Oooooh, conspiracy :greengrin:

Hibs Class
23-03-2013, 10:24 PM
The new Rangers are perfectly within their rights to suspend and punish Sandaza to the fullest extent possible. It isn't as if they, or the dead club they seem to align themselves to, have ever tried to tap up or unsettle a player under contract with another club.

hibs0666
24-03-2013, 02:47 PM
The prank caller is now getting prank calls from some of the less chilled-out members of the hun support.

Part/Time Supporter
25-03-2013, 10:07 AM
be good to see Sandaza sign for another Sevco rival and then to stick it up Green, McCoist and Co by scoring against them.

Nice idea, but I would be surprised to see Sandaza signing for Stirling Albion.

EdinMike
03-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Aaaaand he's been made to "Walk Away.."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22021733

Carheenlea
03-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Aaaaand he's been made to "Walk Away.."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22021733

I really hope Sandaza gets himself a good lawyer and takes this utterly vile and obnoxious football to the cleaners.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-04-2013, 07:03 PM

Doubt any 2nd Div side could afford his wages.

Scouse Hibee
03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Well done Rangers, if this was a Hibs player I would hope we would do exactly the same.

Eyrie
03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
I wonder what Sandaza's punishment would have been if he'd been scoring goals regularly for them? And what loyalty did Sevco Huns expect from players who are only in the Third Division because of the money they are paid?

J-C
03-04-2013, 07:31 PM
I really hope Sandaza gets himself a good lawyer and takes this utterly vile and obnoxious football to the cleaners.

Why? he was an erse for doing what he did, he spoke openly to a third party about moving and details about his Rangers contract.

Capt Mainwaring
03-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Der Hun have clearly used this ideal opportunity to get a high earning non performer off the books particularly as the Div 3 title is won.

Would they have sacked him if (1) the title was still to be won and was under threat (2) he was scoring goals freely and had residual sale value? No Chance!

Beefster
03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Der Hun have clearly used this ideal opportunity to get a high earning non performer off the books particularly as the Div 3 title is won.

Would they have sacked him if (1) the title was still to be won and was under threat (2) he was scoring goals freely and had residual sale value? No Chance!

You're probably right but it's not unique to Sevco. We sacked Latapy with his contract almost expired. We would never have sacked him if he had had years left on his contract.

fat freddy
Why? he was an erse for doing what he did, he spoke openly to a third party about moving and details about his Rangers contract.

the owner of this club has openly stated that he intends to stick around for a few years, pocket a load of dosh and then leave when it suits him...this same owner never tires of telling anyone who will listen that he wants the club to move to pastures new so that they can further increase their revenue....it appears that the club are allowed to be ambitious and greedy but the players have a different set of rules to live by.

hibbymick
I hope Tommy "the hoaxer" is happy now. I hope Sandaza hunts him doon and shoves his phone right up his cameron toll.

J-C
03-04-2013, 07:55 PM
the owner of this club has openly stated that he intends to stick around for a few years, pocket a load of dosh and then leave when it suits him...this same owner never tires of telling anyone who will listen that he wants the club to move to pastures new so that they can further increase their revenue....it appears that the club are allowed to be ambitious and greedy but the players have a different set of rules to live by.

This has nothing to do with it though, he revealed details of his salary and contract to a third party without verifying that the third party was a legit guy, also spoke about moving to another club if the money was right etc. He took a phone call, opened his yap and got caught, by going to the Huns in the first place should you the type of guy Sandaza is, all this doesn't surprise me one bit, got what he deserved.

LeighLoyal
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Not sure the Sevco will get away with this one, they do the same thing blabbing about players contracted to other clubs, juicy tribunal coming up!

J-C
03-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Not sure the Sevco will get away with this one, they do the same thing blabbing about players contracted to other clubs, juicy tribunal coming up!

You can talk about players at other clubs but you can't divulge what's in contracts etc

RyeSloan
03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
You can talk about players at other clubs but you can't divulge what's in contracts etc

Really? Why not?

Serious question because when I'm employing people it's perfectly normal to discuss their current contract to allow me to pull together an appropriate offer. Unless there was a specific clause in Sandazas contract I don't see why would footballers be any different

LeighLoyal
03-04-2013, 09:04 PM

It wasnt on the record, agents all talk to each other and some players like to talk salaries. Hes been sacked because hes on a big wage and is rubbish. Opportunist sacking.

J-C
03-04-2013, 09:12 PM
It wasnt on the record, agents all talk to each other and some players like to talk salaries. Hes been sacked because hes on a big wage and is rubbish. Opportunist sacking.

That too :aok:

J-C
03-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Really? Why not?

Serious question because when I'm employing people it's perfectly normal to discuss their current contract to allow me to pull together an appropriate offer. Unless there was a specific clause in Sandazas contract I don't see why would footballers be any different

It's usually left up to the agents to discuss this, not to do it to some random guy that calls you up, can you say for a fact what all the players at ER are on and all the add ons in their contracts, no as it's confidential.

LioNeilMessi
03-04-2013, 09:36 PM
This 'Tommy', who actively went out of his way to put a guy's career in jeopardy is an absolute roaster and I hope he doesn't get away from this without any consequences, legally or financially.

BEEJ
03-04-2013, 09:39 PM
You're probably right but it's not unique to Sevco. We sacked Latapy with his contract almost expired. We would never have sacked him if he had had years left on his contract.
We would have for behaviour that could be interpreted by the club as gross misconduct.

Under those circumstances payment of notice is not a requirement.

bigwheel
04-04-2013, 08:10 AM

This will happen all the time in football, most players exploring a move will get into this situation. It just happens that this guy was duped and it became public. This action is not about Sandaza, it's about Rangers offloading a player without paying him any money..As a previous poster said - if this guy was banging in goals for fun, he would have simply got a slapped wrist.

Just Alf
04-04-2013, 09:18 AM
This 'Tommy', who actively went out of his way to put a guy's career in jeopardy is an absolute roaster and I hope he doesn't get away from this without any consequences, legally or financially.

Good point, I wonder if Sandaza has a case?

RyeSloan
04-04-2013, 01:10 PM
It's usually left up to the agents to discuss this, not to do it to some random guy that calls you up, can you say for a fact what all the players at ER are on and all the add ons in their contracts, no as it's confidential.

Why would I know what each player at ER are on? And agents are exactly that agents of the player so simply an extension of the player for negotiation purposes. There is surely no difference between a players agent discussing current contractual terms than the player himself.

My point is that you said he couldn't divulge what was in his contract....I was merely pointing out that it's perfectly common for people to divulge their current contractual terms when discussing a potential move to a new employer.

I don't see the difference here with Sandaza and barring a specific clause in his contract barring him from revealing his terms of employment to anyone then I don't see what he has done to deserve being dismissed.

HKhibby
04-04-2013, 01:25 PM

What a load of crap! in 2013! anyone with this stupid little biggoted chip on their shoulder about Irish Catholics and Britain supposedly invading them etc... etc... and supporting Celtic and then hiding under the Hibs banner should go to hell as far as i am concerned! not to mention a hell of alot of other people in the world!!

Why does the whole of Scotland care less about what some player has supposedly said or not?, bet you it is rubbish and made up and put out of proportion by the press!...why is this crap appearing on a Hibs website? Hibs are better than that, so why is it on this website?...leave it to the idiots and the bigots and supposedly anti British brigade that call them selves Celtic!...who incidentally vote Labour!!...a pro British Party! and then the Rangers lot who fly the Union Flag, and dont know what it means...but vote SNP? crazy...crazy Scotland!!

Thank god i left there in 1986!

Lucius Apuleius
04-04-2013, 01:28 PM
What a load of crap! in 2013! anyone with this stupid little biggoted chip on their shoulder about Irish Catholics and Britain supposedly invading them etc... etc... and supporting Celtic and then hiding under the Hibs banner should go to hell as far as i am concerned! not to mention a hell of alot of other people in the world!!

Why does the whole of Scotland care less about what some player has supposedly said or not?, bet you it is rubbish and made up and put out of proportion by the press!...why is this crap appearing on a Hibs website? Hibs are better than that, so why is it on this website?...leave it to the idiots and the bigots and supposedly anti British brigade that call them selves Celtic!...who incidentally vote Labour!!...a pro British Party! and then the Rangers lot who fly the Union Flag, and dont know what it means...but vote SNP? crazy...crazy Scotland!!

:tub4:

HKhibby
04-04-2013, 01:32 PM
The new Rangers are perfectly within their rights to suspend and punish Sandaza to the fullest extent possible. It isn't as if they, or the dead club they seem to align themselves to, have ever tried to tap up or unsettle a player under contract with another club.

I dont see the point in going over what Rangers have done over a player doing this and that!...who cares really! if he has broken the rules of the league in any way they will deal with it..you hope!, but why cant people concentrate on Hibs...this is a Hibs website after all!...forget the Glasgow rubbish Hibs are better than this!

Barman Stanton
04-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Your not the only one that's glad I'm sure.

Just Alf
04-04-2013, 01:55 PM
On phone so can't do an ironic smiley (if there is one) ........ If a thread don't interest me I don't read it.

Since90+2
04-04-2013, 01:57 PM

Early start on the sauce was it? :faf:

J-C
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Why would I know what each player at ER are on? And agents are exactly that agents of the player so simply an extension of the player for negotiation purposes. There is surely no difference between a players agent discussing current contractual terms than the player himself.

My point is that you said he couldn't divulge what was in his contract....I was merely pointing out that it's perfectly common for people to divulge their current contractual terms when discussing a potential move to a new employer.

I don't see the difference here with Sandaza and barring a specific clause in his contract barring him from revealing his terms of employment to anyone then I don't see what he has done to deserve being dismissed.

Yes but he was divulging it to some nobody that he doesn't even know, hence breech of contract.

Braids Hibby
04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Sevco looking for any excuse to dump him. How long before they go tits up again ?

marinello59
04-04-2013, 03:54 PM

Amen to that.

VickMackie
04-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Hopefully he wins his appeal. Over the duration of the contract you'd be looking at a million quid +.

RyeSloan
04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes but he was divulging it to some nobody that he doesn't even know, hence breech of contract.

Are you saying that as long as he was divulging it someone that he did know it would have been OK?

:stirrer: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Surely any football player can discuss how much he gets paid every week, with whoever he likes, just like the rest of us? :confused:

Northernhibee
04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Surely any football player can discuss how much he gets paid every week, with whoever he likes, just like the rest of us? :confused:

Depends if there's a clause in his contract or not. Wouldn't surprise me if Sevco wanted to stop players from releasing any sensitive or personal information to third parties as a blanket policy but we'll need to wait and see.

essexhibee
04-04-2013, 10:27 PM
So if he's been sacked should we be looking at him?

J-C
04-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Are you saying that as long as he was divulging it someone that he did know it would have been OK?

:stirrer: :greengrin

Generally only the player, club and his agent would know the details, obviously his family too but would you know the details of any players contracts at ER, I think not. Players will talk but usually about wanting a move, how much they'd like etc the agents usually start the rumour mill, do you honestly think if you called up a Hibs player and asked the intimate details of his contract, he's be quite happy to divulge all and sundry to some nobody who calls out of the blue.

neilmartinrocks
05-04-2013, 01:02 AM
well any player who doesnt fancy another season of lower league football with the rangers now knows how to get out.

RyeSloan
05-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Generally only the player, club and his agent would know the details, obviously his family too but would you know the details of any players contracts at ER, I think not. Players will talk but usually about wanting a move, how much they'd like etc the agents usually start the rumour mill, do you honestly think if you called up a Hibs player and asked the intimate details of his contract, he's be quite happy to divulge all and sundry to some nobody who calls out of the blue.

No I honestly don't think they would but if they did I'm still not sure why that would be a stackable offence....sure it's not smart nor clever but unless there was a specific clause saying saying so I'm still not clear why that would be deemed a breach of contract.

It's a shame though as he was obviously bleeding them dry with a huge contract for doing very little.

VickMackie
05-04-2013, 10:59 AM
well any player who doesnt fancy another season of lower league football with the rangers now knows how to get out.

Very good point. I don't know who their better players are but surely they could engineer a situation and divulge their details and be sacked.

Hibs Class
05-04-2013, 11:29 AM
I doubt anyone on here will have seen Sandaza's contract so comment on its content, and therefore the possibility of a breach, is purely speculation. Even if there has been a breach any disciplinary hearing would have to look at not only if there was a breach but any mitigation etc., and the fact Sandaza was the victim of a prank might offer some mitigation. My view is that The Rangers saw an opportunity to offload an expensive under-performer and seized it - I cannot understand the haste and enthusiasm with which some folk on this thread seem to want to support the The Rangers' behaviour.:confused:

J-C
05-04-2013, 11:43 AM
No I honestly don't think they would but if they did I'm still not sure why that would be a stackable offence....sure it's not smart nor clever but unless there was a specific clause saying saying so I'm still not clear why that would be deemed a breach of contract.

It's a shame though as he was obviously bleeding them dry with a huge contract for doing very little.

I'd presume that most contract are seen as confidential between both parties, pretty similar to any major contract in the business world, I wouldn't know the ins and outs of major businessmen and their contracts. I'd have thought there was a confidentiality clause in there somewhere, if he's blabbed he's broken his contract.

Hibeesforever
05-04-2013, 11:55 AM
So if he's been sacked should we be looking at him?

Answer to that has to surely be a big yes! If he has been sacked then presume that it would be a restraint of trade not to be allowed to work for somebody else.

An obvious win for unfair dismissal IMO. Sandaza, acknowledged he represented himself, so can divulge what he wants. Issue is the person, who several times was advised of the confidentiality, recorded and then published the conversation.

When he wins, the Rangers will then be obliged to reinstate or settle with a compensatory figure.

During the duration of the court case, Sandaza could happily be scoring alongside Leigh for the Hibees.

Question is whether Rod wants to go there.

lord bunberry
05-04-2013, 12:27 PM
If he wasn't aware that the phone call was being recorded and he has now been sacked surely he must have a case to take the person who made the call to court. Is recording a telephone call without the other person knowing not a criminal offence

silverhibee
05-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Answer to that has to surely be a big yes! If he has been sacked then presume that it would be a restraint of trade not to be allowed to work for somebody else.

An obvious win for unfair dismissal IMO. Sandaza, acknowledged he represented himself, so can divulge what he wants. Issue is the person, who several times was advised of the confidentiality, recorded and then published the conversation.

When he wins, the Rangers will then be obliged to reinstate or settle with a compensatory figure.

During the duration of the court case, Sandaza could happily be scoring alongside Leigh for the Hibees.

Question is whether Rod wants to go there.

He is looking for £10k a week. :wink: :greengrin

AndyM_1875
05-04-2013, 12:35 PM
If he wasn't aware that the phone call was being recorded and he has now been sacked surely he must have a case to take the person who made the call to court. Is recording a telephone call without the other person knowing not a criminal offence

It is indeed illegal to record and telephone call and broadcast it without consent.

Tommy will be getting a knock at the door from Strathclyde's finest who one would assume would not look too kindly on him.
Serves him right, the twat.

Hibeesforever
05-04-2013, 04:27 PM
He is looking for £10k a week. :wink: :greengrin

He can keep looking but won't find it.
He might just want SPL exposure and would sign on "normal" Hibs terms. Presuming he then wins his case against the Rangers, he would either go back to them or continue with HFC but having received a good settlement and have the Scottish Cup and possible Euro campaign to look forward to.

He hasn't played in the SPL this year or probably the Scottish Cup.

As I said, depends what the Chairman thinks politically.

Certainly, quality wise he must be better than Doyle.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-04-2013, 04:43 PM

Wow! I'm beginning to think you are ill!