PDA

View Full Version : celtic invented the world propaganda

pacorosssco
20-03-2013, 09:07 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4850650/Daniel-Day-Lewis-is-set-for-Celtic-film-role.html

It should be the Hibs story that is made into film not them thieving manky .......

MWHIBBIES
20-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Cringe

hibsbollah
20-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Oh please no.

Pretty Boy
20-03-2013, 09:45 AM
That is so Celtic.

Cringeworthy.

GlenrothesHibee
20-03-2013, 09:45 AM
A film about becoming the Hibs of the west then stealing all our players?

Hibrandenburg
20-03-2013, 09:50 AM
A film about becoming the Hibs of the west then stealing all our players?

Won't even get a mention. They're the true MOPES dontcha know?

The Green Goblin
20-03-2013, 10:13 AM
That was difficult to read to the end. The real question is, will they find several thousand extras to play the empty seats in the 'present day' scenes?

givescotlandfreedom
20-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Looking forward to seeing Daniel Day Lewis elbowed out the way to show their existence began by stealing from a charity. A total fraud of a club.

Mister P
20-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Ditto to all the above!!

Thieves!!

Mister P
20-03-2013, 11:08 AM
**** this... Can someone write up a piece detailing exactly the plagiarism involved in setting up Celtc and send it to these tossers. Not a ****ing mention of Hannon, Hibernian, CYMA, Dundee Hibernians or any other charitable effort started by our own fine club. The truth would make a far more interesting story IMO. Will it mention the years of sectarianism they are equally responsible for? Or will than not be deemed as "Hollywood" enough. Plastic Paddys right enough.
Does anyone know how many of the 'first team' in that pic were Hibernian players the season prior?

WE WERE FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN

s2hart
20-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Surely this is some kind of early April fools joke?!

Vini1875
20-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I don't see the problem. Every club including our own has an over romanticed view of themselves and their history. From my understanding of Hibs and celtics history the people running them were much more ambitious from the start. Hibs shot themselves in the foot in how the club was run and celtic were always going to end up being bigger because of the number of Irish in the west.

They may get the money to do this film, Daniel Day Lewis might appear in it. Hibs won't get a mention. History films tend to have very little to do with actual history and more to do with creating a story around a couple of facts.

I can't get upset about anything they do or say. They ran their club as a business, we ran as a charity, in that scenerio there is only going to be one winner. Getting bitter about their b###s##t is useless.

southsider
20-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Will it even say they played in white and red for years ? Doubt it

hibs0666
20-03-2013, 01:06 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4850650/Daniel-Day-Lewis-is-set-for-Celtic-film-role.html

It should be the Hibs story that is made into film not them thieving manky .......

Mullan has been punting that film round anyone that might listen for years now, and it is not a very likeable individual. Peter Broughan is celtc-daft too, and hasn't done much that's notable since Rob Roy, which was barry, and so I wouldn't be surprised if he is involved somehow.

adhibs
20-03-2013, 01:24 PM
Cringe

:agree: .will be giving this a miss anyway if it's made

Keith_M
20-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Which version of history does everyone think will be presented in the film:

a) Dreamy eyed idealistic view of a charity set up by Brother Walfrid to help the poor immigrants of the East End

b) A company run by hard nosed businessmen, whose sole purpose was to make money for them, that actively attempted to close down and undermine any club it saw as a rival to its ambition of getting all people of Irish origin to support them.

If it helps, 'b' is actual history and 'a' is how Celtc fans like to think of their club.

Green&White
20-03-2013, 01:47 PM
A Hoops source said last night: “Most Scottish football fans know Celtic’s story."

aye too right we do but its not what your saying it is.

they make me sick.

Malthibby
20-03-2013, 08:02 PM
I generally like Mullan's films so this is really disappointing.
Didn't think he & DDL would have bought into an Oirish Disneyland piece of make-believe.
It apparently isn't enough to know your history.........

Hibercelona
20-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I expect this movie to have more inaccuracies in it than Braveheart.

Bostonhibby
20-03-2013, 08:13 PM
That is so Celtic.

Cringeworthy.

indeed. wonder if Irvine Welsh fancies knocking up a rival story line that started 13 years earlier and geting Dougray Scott to appear? launch it at the same time :wink:

Seriously, more class demonstrated by ignoring the misty eyed tosh that its bound to be, hopefully they'll get wee cameos for Celtic Legends like the ex clyde and Partick fan / US resident Billy Connolly and Rod Stewart could maybe sing something Oirish as a theme tune.

Jonnyboy
20-03-2013, 08:28 PM
**** this... Can someone write up a piece detailing exactly the plagiarism involved in setting up Celtc and send it to these tossers. Not a ****ing mention of Hannon, Hibernian, CYMA, Dundee Hibernians or any other charitable effort started by our own fine club. The truth would make a far more interesting story IMO. Will it mention the years of sectarianism they are equally responsible for? Or will than not be deemed as "Hollywood" enough. Plastic Paddys right enough.
Does anyone know how many of the 'first team' in that pic were Hibernian players the season prior?

WE WERE FIRST TO WEAR THE GREEN

Alan Lugton's excellent "The Making of Hibernian" tells it as it was but I'd wager Mr Mullan wouldn't want to know. If Alan's book is not available (hard to get these days) this link might help in terms of telling the story http://www.hibs.net/content.php?51-We-Are-Hibernian-FC-Part-Six

shezer
20-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Any chance of some bullet points of what is said above.I have no clue about their history or how Hibs are connected to them.I know Hibs were the first team to wear green and were the first Irish club.Thanks

hibs0666
20-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Alan Lugton's excellent "The Making of Hibernian" tells it as it was but I'd wager Mr Mullan wouldn't want to know. If Alan's book is not available (hard to get these days) this link might help in terms of telling the story http://www.hibs.net/content.php?51-We-Are-Hibernian-FC-Part-Six

If he hasn't changed the idea then Mullin's film is a dewy eyed pile about how the downtrodden Irish of the wedge won the european cup

Jonnyboy
20-03-2013, 09:08 PM
If he hasn't changed the idea then Mullin's film is a dewy eyed pile about how the downtrodden Irish of the wedge won the european cup

FFS boakfactor 9 :bitchy:

Kato
20-03-2013, 09:28 PM
A Hoops source said last night: “Most Scottish football fans know Celtic’s story."

Most Scottish football fans know Celtic’s version of the story. No choice as it's recited ad infinitum by the blinkered.

rcarter1
20-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Any chance of some bullet points of what is said above.I have no clue about their history or how Hibs are connected to them.I know Hibs were the first team to wear green and were the first Irish club.Thanks

In a nutshell, and this may not be super accurate.

Hibs formed in Edinburgh (Cowgate?) 1875 by Irish Catholics to help raise money for the poor of the area. They build a reputation as an Irish football club, and Hibs players start to be invited to play -on loan as such - for a new Glasgow team 'Celtic' from 1888. A financier John Glass who was backing the Celtic organisation then bought off the talented amateur Hibs players by offering them wages. Hibs fold soon after, Celtic become successful, the rest is History..

shezer
20-03-2013, 10:17 PM
In a nutshell, and this may not be super accurate.

Hibs formed in Edinburgh (Cowgate?) 1875 by Irish Catholics to help raise money for the poor of the area. They build a reputation as an Irish football club, and Hibs players start to be invited to play -on loan as such - for a new Glasgow team 'Celtic' from 1888. A financier John Glass who was backing the Celtic organisation then bought off the talented amateur Hibs players by offering them wages. Hibs fold soon after, Celtic become successful, the rest is History..

Are they thieves because they bought the amateur players?

Jonnyboy
20-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Are they thieves because they bought the amateur players?

Read this for a full explanation

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?51-We-Are-Hibernian-FC-Part-Six

shezer
20-03-2013, 11:02 PM

****my scuts......:grr:........If only the Irish here knew the half of it

shezer
20-03-2013, 11:02 PM

And Thank you for the link

Jonnyboy
20-03-2013, 11:03 PM
****my scuts......:grr:........If only the Irish here knew the half of it

And Thank you for the link

You're very welcome and go tell every Celtic fan you know to log on and read the truth :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2013, 02:27 AM

Interesting read for any would be film makers out there! :agree:

zosohibee
21-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Celtic film would be a tragically mismanaged piece of garbage. As for Daniel Day Lewis, one of the worlds greatest actors, being involved. Load of pish. He's had about 5 roles in 20 years and straight off the back of playing Abraham Lincoln he's going to play ****ing brother Walfrid. This is the kind of story that happens all the time, someone will have said "wouldnt it be sweet to get DDL?" this gets filtered through until it reaches the press and becomes "news". As for celtic stealing our players. It was over a hundred years ago lads, lets get the **** over it shall we. For one thing Edinburgh had an irish Catholic population of a few thousand back then while the west coast had around 250,000. Hibs got a nice turnout when we played out west in those days but as soon as they made their own team who else was going to become the dominant force. Our players were "stolen" by a club that was willing to pay them, while ours wanted to remain a charity. As a poor Irish immigrant struggling in a hostile foreign country would you risk the food out of your family's mouth to stay true to what was barely even a team yet. If were going to hold the moral high ground about something it's that the rich charitable history they are always stroking themselves about that was abandoned quickly by them and kept up for a long time by us.

Steve-O
21-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Other parts up for grabs in the flick could include legendary manager Jock Stein — who led the club to European Cup glory in 1967 — as well as former player and manager Tommy Burns and star striker Henrik Larsson.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4850650/Daniel-Day-Lewis-is-set-for-Celtic-film-role.html#ixzz2O9zZCXge

:faf:

Given the club’s massive following all over the world it certainly would be a draw at the box office.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Oh aye, this movie will definitely topple Avatar as the biggest movie of all time. Jeezus, what a load of pish. :rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-03-2013, 11:41 AM
I hear they've started building a bigger cinema in Seville since news of this film was revealed, Bobby Williamson has been hired as entertainment manager.