PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn sack another manager

Sir David Gray
19-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Sky sources suggesting that they've sacked yet another manager today.

Michael Appleton was only appointed in January!

Whoever they appoint next will be their FOURTH manager this season after Steve Kean (who left in September), Henning Berg (who left in December after just 57 days in charge!) and Appleton (who has lasted just 67 days).

These Indians in charge at Blackburn make Romanov's time at Hearts seem almost normal.

It's mad what's going on down there at the moment!

Beefster
19-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Karma is a bitch. No sympathy for either Appleton or Blackburn.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 11:03 AM
:faf:

CB_NO3
19-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I can see Blackburn being the next Portsmouth in a few years. These Indians dont have a clue how to run a football club. Crowds are already dropping, they are only a few points from the relagation zone. Feel a bit sorry for the fans but they are in a bad way.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I can see Blackburn being the next Hearts in a few years. These Indians dont have a clue how to run a football club. Crowds are already dropping, they are only a few points from the relagation zone. Feel a bit sorry for the fans but they are in a bad way.

:aok:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I never understood why Appleton was so highly thought of anyway.

Pretty Boy
19-03-2013, 11:08 AM
You had to be suspicous of Venkys when they made a huge deal of the announcement they would spend £8M on the team. That barely gets you one sub in the EPL these days.

Shambles of a club with clueless owners.

lugz
19-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Feel sorry for the fans, these boys in charge have made them a joke of a club. I reakon they'd have went down under Appleton.

Treadstone
19-03-2013, 11:12 AM
You had to be suspicous of Venkys when they made a huge deal of the announcement they would spend £8M on the team. That barely gets you one sub in the EPL these days.

Aye but tried to put together a deal for Ronaldinho! Nutjobs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9336036.stm

CB_NO3
19-03-2013, 11:14 AM

They spent 8 million on Rhodes did they not?

Sir David Gray
19-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Apparently Blackburn will have had more managers this season than Manchester Utd have had since 1972! :faf:

Pretty Boy
19-03-2013, 11:26 AM
They spent 8 million on Rhodes did they not?

Yes they did.

About 24 months after they realised £8M doesn't get you very much when stretched accross a whole squad.

Apparently they were a bit shocked when they found iut there was relegation from the EPL as well.

ballengeich
19-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Karma is a bitch. No sympathy for either Appleton or Blackburn.

Isn't chicken karma a standard Indian dish?:greengrin

IWasThere2016
19-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Sky sources suggesting that they've sacked yet another manager today.

Michael Appleton was only appointed in January!

Whoever they appoint next will be their FOURTH manager this season after Steve Kean (who left in September), Henning Berg (who left in December after just 57 days in charge!) and Appleton (who has lasted just 67 days).

These Indians in charge at Blackburn make Romanov's time at Hearts seem almost normal.

It's mad what's going on down there at the moment!

Eye-bleeding hoofball .. only 8k at their last home game .. he was a piss poor appointment tbh

Phil D. Rolls
19-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Feel sorry for the fans, these boys in charge have made them a joke of a club. I reakon they'd have went down under Appleton.

They hounded Kean out though. You should be careful what you wish for.

Green Man
19-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Kean was on a hiding to nothing after Allardyce was sacked, but he was an awful manager and was a complete yes man for Venky's. The guys in charge don't seem to have a clue about running a football club and I can't see any way but down. The board clearly underestimated the amount of money they'd have to put in and I can't see any decent manager wanting to work for them. It's embarrassing.

Ross4356
19-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Nice to see happen to them after the way they treated Steve Kean, Div1 next please

lugz
19-03-2013, 12:18 PM
They hounded Kean out though. You should be careful what you wish for.

That's true, pretty sure they were in the top 6/8 when he left. They'll be in league 1 before they get anywhere near the premiership again.

LancashireHibby
19-03-2013, 12:44 PM
That's true, pretty sure they were in the top 6/8 when he left. They'll be in league 1 before they get anywhere near the premiership again.
No they weren't, they were struggling at the bottom and eventually relegated. You're thinking of when they hounded Allardyce out.

Must admit I'm finding their turmoil absolutely hilarious, especially after Bolton scored in the 94th minute against them the other week. :thumbsup:

Beefster
19-03-2013, 12:52 PM
No they weren't, they were struggling at the bottom and eventually relegated. You're thinking of when they hounded Allardyce out.

Must admit I'm finding their turmoil absolutely hilarious, especially after Bolton scored in the 94th minute against them the other week. :thumbsup:

They were near the top of the Championship when Kean left.

Stevie Reid
19-03-2013, 01:11 PM
They were near the top of the Championship when Kean left.

:agree:

They were third, only dropping from the top of the league after their first defeat of the season, his last game: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19766783

iwasthere1972
19-03-2013, 01:13 PM
No sympathy for Blackburn or Appleton after he walked out on Blackpool before the ink on his contract was dry.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 01:20 PM
No sympathy for Blackburn or Appleton after he walked out on Blackpool before the ink on his contract was dry.

The Blackpool fans never wanted him, they all wanted Steve Thompson. Then they never wanted Billy Davies, their message boards were full of abuse for the once Preston manager. They were not bothered much when he took the Forrest job, and seemed fine with Paul Ince getting the gig.

I know who i'd prefer, and its not Thompson or Ince.

Blackpool fans still think they are an EPL club, when in reality are a 2nd division side in waiting.

down-the-slope
19-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Chickens coming home to roost :agree:

1875er
19-03-2013, 02:09 PM
The Venkys chickens have a longer life span than a Blackburn manager.

iwasthere1972
19-03-2013, 02:36 PM
The Blackpool fans never wanted him, they all wanted Steve Thompson. Then they never wanted Billy Davies, their message boards were full of abuse for the once Preston manager. They were not bothered much when he took the Forrest job, and seemed fine with Paul Ince getting the gig.

I know who i'd prefer, and its not Thompson or Ince.

Blackpool fans still think they are an EPL club, when in reality are a 2nd division side in waiting.

Was surprised when Blackpool appointed Appleton and without reading the Blackpool messageboards I thought he wouldn't be a popular choice amongst the fans. Hope they do well under Paul Ince but I would be surprised if he's still the manager next season.

iwasthere1972
19-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Plus they are better treated.

--------
19-03-2013, 03:13 PM

You sure that Venkys' chicken is actually chicken?

Not seagull or pigeon or maybe crow?

It's on threads like these that I'm SO SO SO happy we have STF and RP. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 03:25 PM
You sure that Venkys' chicken is actually chicken?

Not seagull or pigeon or maybe crow?

It's on threads like these that I'm SO SO SO happy we have STF and RP. :greengrin

I wonder where Petries stuffed our millions? :wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2109838/Owen-Oyston-paid-11m-Blackpool-relegated-Nick-Harris.html

LancsHibs
19-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Yes they did.

About 24 months after they realised £8M doesn't get you very much when stretched accross a whole squad.

Apparently they were a bit shocked when they found iut there was relegation from the EPL as well.

Somebody should point out to the Venkeys that it's possible to be relegated from the Championship also:faf: