PDA

View Full Version : Do You Recognise Hearts Scottish Cup Win?

judas
18-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I do not recognise it as a legitimate win.

Paying players they could not afford at the expense of the tax payer and other creditors.

I see the win as a cheat.

Hibernian Verse
18-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Yawn

Hibs Class
18-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Certainly tainted by financial doping, the same as the bulk of what was won by the extinct club that was rangers.

lord bunberry
18-03-2013, 07:41 PM
It happened so we have no choice. History will only record the result

Hibstrooper
Yes.

FromTheCapital
We were absolutely shocking in the final.

Most teams would've beat us on that day.

But, I do hear what you're saying. They spent lots of money they didn't have in paying and buying their players.

And now, they're completely ruined because of it.

No point in dwelling on it almost a year later.

That memory has gone and now we can focus on the Semi-Final this year and sit back and watch them struggle and die.

:flag:

Ross4356
18-03-2013, 07:43 PM

Paying players they could not afford at the expense of the tax payer and other creditors.

I mind being there and I don't mind us lifting the cup so on that basis I do aye

Eyrie
18-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Yes.

I wouldn't give them them the opportunity to have a go at me for trying to ignore it, especially when you consider how many loan players we had in our team. But what I do say to them is that it's a pity that their referee ruined a game that they would have won anyway, which gives the "5-1" stuff a proper perspective.

clerriehibs
18-03-2013, 07:46 PM
I like the cut of your jib.

No - I don't recognise it. Might have to accept it, but I'll never discuss it as a "football match".

eastterrace
18-03-2013, 07:48 PM
think we should put this to bed , they beat us and they can do there hand signs but its in the past and it honestly doesnt bother me anymore, and if we keep going on about they will think it does bother us so lets drop it and let them die slowly.:flag:

lyonhibs
18-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Yawn

:agree::agree:

It grates me to do so, just like it would grate me to see Hearts u13 Tiddlywink teams win the regional qualifiers, but yes I recognise their victory last year.

They absolutely humped us. Please let us not indulge in Yamtastic revisionism and try to say otherwise.

Hibernia Na Eir
18-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I don't recognise the Merricks. end of !

fat freddy
18-03-2013, 08:02 PM
old ground..we never won it so they must have...they're not the first club to spend beyond their means and they wont be the last...man utd have a debt bigger than vlads brass neck but no one is going to deny them the silverware they have won in recent times...let the yams have their 5-1, they'll realise what it cost them in the fullness of time.

cleanyman
18-03-2013, 08:03 PM
We were humiliated.

On the park, pumped fair and square.

Not at any stage did Hibs look like they would win that final.

Glory Lurker
18-03-2013, 08:07 PM
old ground..we never won it so they must have...they're not the first club to spend beyond their means and they wont be the last...man utd have a debt bigger than vlads brass neck but no one is going to deny them the silverware they have won in recent times...let the yams have their 5-1, they'll realise what it cost them in the fullness of time.

What he said :agree: [although I don't think my "agree" smiley should be, er, smiling here]

tamig
18-03-2013, 08:11 PM

It happened. It really did. I'm over it and I've moved on. Maybe you should too.

Scouse Hibee
18-03-2013, 08:13 PM

What a load of pish! They humped us 5-1 it was a legitimate win get over it.

Kato
18-03-2013, 08:15 PM
In a roomful of other Scottish Cup finals I think I could pick it out.

Hiber-nation
18-03-2013, 08:15 PM
What a load of pish! They humped us 5-1 it was a legitimate win get over it.

:agree:

I thought celtc fans were bad! Let the sad gits have their 5-1, its comical how its become an absolute obsession for the dafties.

1two
18-03-2013, 08:16 PM
They beat us 5-1

english_hibee
18-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes I recognise it as they won it, they thrashed us, as most teams would have on that day. We were awful, and you only had to see the teams getting off their respective buses to see who wanted it more - they were smiling, waving, looked like a team. On the other hand we were heads down, iPods on, not paying attention to anyone or anything.
Have they had a few years success by paying and fielding what they can't afford? Yes. I don't necessarily see it as cheating, I don't think there are many teams or businesses out there without a certain level of debt.

However, this season has shown how good they are when they are forced to live within their means and field a team they can afford. Any yam who gives it the great "big team, 5-1" rubbish from now on will have to come to the conclusion that such achievements have cost them their club, and I would take 100 5-1 thrashings if it meant my club was still in existence.

I guess that's the difference between supporting a team through good and bad, and supporting a club purely based on what they can win.

At the end of the day the highlight of their season is a Leigh Griffiths goal being disallowed and that is pretty damned pathetic....... Think they deserve pity more than anything

Pete
18-03-2013, 08:18 PM
We were humiliated.

Disagree with every sentence. Maybe the last one had some merit but we were stopped the minute we looked like coming back.

It's tainted.

Barman Stanton
18-03-2013, 08:18 PM
It happened, but it was with a team they couldn't afford. No one knows yet what it will actually cost them in the end. I just hope we get them in another cup final with a level playing field one day. They have shown that without the money they are due to themselves they are just like the rest of us. Pish!

givescotlandfreedom
18-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Tainted. Their vile name should be scraped from the trophy.

Pretty Boy
18-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes.

Plenty teams have spent outwith their means over the years and won things. It happens, they have to deal with the consequences now.

Let them have the win, it happened. He who laughs last, laughs longest and all that.

eastterrace
18-03-2013, 08:24 PM
It happened, but it was with a team they couldn't afford. No one knows yet what it will actually cost them in the end. I just hope we get them in another cup final with a level playing field one day. They have shown that without the money they are due to themselves they are just like the rest of us. Pish!

think it will be a wee while before they get back to a final so to meet us again i cant see that happening for a long time, :aok:

cleanyman
18-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Disagree with every sentence. Maybe the last one had some merit but we were stopped the minute we looked like coming back.

It's tainted.

Well that's not true at all.

We would have been down to ten men regardless as Kujabi was on a yellow and got the 2nd yellow for a pull of the shirt. The penalty itself was the wrong decision, it was a free-kick.

The game itself was a pumping and we deserved to lose.

Never tainted.

Scouse Hibee
18-03-2013, 08:30 PM

We would have been down to ten men regardless as Kujabi was on a yellow and got the 2nd yellow for a pull of the shirt. The penalty itself was the wrong decision, it was a free-kick.

Never tainted.

:agree: The sooner some folk get their heads out of their erses and realise this the better.

hibeedonald
18-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Anyone who doesn't is Deluded, simple as that. Ask any Neutral.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Anyone who doesn't is Deluded, simple as that. Ask any Neutral.

History will show that we got well and truly humped. The not too distant future will show that it's tainted but the score still stands.

Dashing Bob S
18-03-2013, 08:49 PM
For the time being at least, everybody has to accept the result. Hearts have taken the gamble to pay massive salaries they can't afford and have put their club in jeopardy to win two Scottish Cups and a CL qualifiers spot. That was their choice, not ours, and we have to accept that result, just as they will have to live with the long-term ramifications of it.

However, it's likely that there could be subsequent legal and criminal investigations into the monies that went through the club, as an integral part of the fallen Romanov business empire. If these funds are established to come from illegal sources such as people trafficking, drugs, prostitution etc, this is far more serious for footballing authorities than any ETB issues at Sevco. It will almost certainly force Scottish and European footballing authorities to re-evalutate Hearts trophy 'wins' as it cannot be dismissed as a 'misunderstanding' or 'administrative error.'

But all this is out of our hands.

Right now we have to accept that these trophies were won by players who were paid legitimately, with clean money, by the leadership of a club who took a gamble on success, and accept it with grace.

hibs4thecup1988
18-03-2013, 08:53 PM
I recognise it. We need to. Get it rammed down our throats often enough. HOWEVER. To say at no point did we look like winning is a load of rubbish. When mcpake scored that goal I turned round to my mates and said his clearance off the line has wonus this cup. Who knows what would have happened had sparky "taken a booking" for tripping the cheat up. He should never have got near the box.

But as people say its in the past. Forget and move on, never ever forgive.

Wotherspiniesta
18-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Please.

Can we stop talking about this horrible game.

FTH! They can die! And like Captain McPake said.... "They'll never walk over us again!"

:jmcp:

HibernianJK
18-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Facts are the players of their team wanted it. No matter what they were getting paid. They deserved it. Move on

Pete
18-03-2013, 08:58 PM

Never tainted.

What was kujabi booked for initially?? Why did Ian black not trigger the disciplinary crack down?

I'm sorry but I've watched the match again and am comfortable with my position. It's tainted and saying otherwise is doing the club a disservice. It's also letting that ref who had an anti hibs agenda off the hook.

18-03-2013, 09:01 PM
We just have to accept it happened and move on. Yes, hearts bought players they could nowhere near afford in order to get ahead whilst hibs were playing by the rules and within their budget but what happened happened even if it was unfair what they did. They bought the cup and it really leaves a bitter taste but like I said, it happened and there isn't anything we can do to change that now.

Hearts have endangered their entire club with their huge financial cheating and now they have to suffer for it. I hope the cup final was worth it, its no wonder they gloat on and on about it, it will properly be the last major success they have for a very long time, where as hibs on the other hand are still a solvent club and have a much brighter future. So let them have their tainted 5-1.

RoYO!
18-03-2013, 09:02 PM

I find it hard to see how anyone could disagree with this! Spot on.

Am I angry about it? Not one bit, doesn't make it right tho!

cleanyman
18-03-2013, 09:02 PM
What was kujabi booked for initially?? Why did Ian black not trigger the disciplinary crack down?

I'm sorry but I've watched the match again and am comfortable with my position. It's tainted and saying otherwise is doing the club a disservice. It's also letting that ref who had an anti hibs agenda off the hook.

If Hearts had 10 men we still would have lost.

That's just the way it is.

Hibs were never going to win that final.

hibee_nation
18-03-2013, 09:05 PM
We were humiliated.

It may well be looked on as their best win over us but i hated the semi final 4-0 worse. We only lost the final on the park, we lost the semi on the park and on the terraces.

hibs4thecup1988
18-03-2013, 09:05 PM

An awful tackle on their right winger about 20 mins in.

LeighLoyal
18-03-2013, 09:07 PM
They cheated us out of two Scottish Cups imo, it might sound like sour grapes to them but they were inflated by players who would never have been at their club had they been living within their means. The also had that cheat Thomson in their corner twelve months back, he was relatively fair to St Mirren yesterday but last year he couldn't help himself, the yam loving cheat.

hibs4thecup1988
18-03-2013, 09:08 PM

Don't talk nonsense. Ian black ran over us that day. Without him their midfield would have been nothing

cleanyman
18-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Don't talk nonsense. Ian black ran over us that day. Without him their midfield would have been nothing

As did Skacel, Driver.

Their whole team dominated us from the 10th minute onwards.

Paisley Hibby
18-03-2013, 09:18 PM

FFS! As if it's not bad enough having the Yams constantly going on and on about last year's final :rolleyes:

Can't we all just accept the bleedin obvious and move on?

VickMackie
18-03-2013, 09:19 PM
I don't see it as tainted because of the financial side.

Whilst we probably would have still got beat I feel cheated by the penalty and sending off.

I only seen the highlights of their game yesterday I wouldn't have gave St Mirren a chance from what I understand to be 20 minutes so I don't necessarily think we would have definitely lost.

What i do know is that we had a much better chance of beatind the ***** at 2-1 with 11 men with 40 mins left than we ever will of meeting them in the Scottish Cup final again and by a bigger score line than 5-1.

Hermit Crab
18-03-2013, 09:20 PM

To be honest mate get over it.

SaulGoodman
18-03-2013, 09:23 PM
I find it embarrassing we are trying to find excuses about the final.

It's football, it happens. Move on. For so many people saying they don't bother about that final we sure are making a lot of excuses for it..

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't see it as tainted because of the financial side.

Whilst we probably would have still got beat I feel cheated by the penalty and sending off.

I only seen the highlights of their game yesterday I wouldn't have gave St Mirren a chance from what I understand to be 20 minutes.

What i do know is that we had a much better chance of beatind the ***** at 2-1 with 11 men with 40 mins left than we ever will of meeting them in the Scottish Cup final again and by a bigger score line than 5-1.

Bit of a paradox mate, you feel cheated but it's not tainted?

DH1875
18-03-2013, 09:25 PM
They can have their 5-1. Won't mean a thing once we win it and they are consigned to the history books with the likes of Third Lanark.

Jim44
18-03-2013, 09:25 PM
We were well and truly beaten. However I will never be convinced that the officials were completely impartial. On two occasions in the first half, a Hearts player ran the ball over the sideline by at least a foot and virtually under the nose of the linesman who had no excuse for missing it. Twice the cheat frantically waved play on. This may not have influenced the outcome but for me it was indisputable evidence that we were never going to get fair treatment at the important decisions.

eastterrace
18-03-2013, 09:27 PM
FFS! As if it's not bad enough having the Yams constantly going on and on about last year's final :rolleyes:

sp
spot on mate wish they would drop this , they won it move on and lets think ahead , let them have there hand signals , if we keep going on about they will keep giving us stick let it go.

VickMackie
18-03-2013, 09:27 PM

I don't feel cheated because they spent more than us and more than they could afford. I may have updated my post before you replied though because I'd forgot to add that.

DH1875
18-03-2013, 09:31 PM
They can have their 5-1. Won't mean a thing once we win it and they are consigned to the history books with the likes of Third Lanark.

eastterrace
18-03-2013, 09:33 PM
FFS! As if it's not bad enough having the Yams constantly going on and on about last year's final

totaly agree lets just drop this , it happened let them have there hand signals keep them happy , but lets drop this once and for all and move on:flag:

VickMackie
18-03-2013, 09:36 PM

I don't feel cheated because they spent more than us and more than they could afford. I may have updated my post before you replied though because I'd forgot to add that.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2013, 09:37 PM

Fair dues, re-reading I may have got the wrong end of the stick :o)

Pete
18-03-2013, 09:41 PM

As I said, I've watched the match again and I am comfortable with my position. I think a lot of you are deliberately ignoring blatant bias for some reason.

I love my team and if I feel they have been wronged then I wont simply bend over and take it. If that embarrasses some people that's their problem. In my opinion they are embarrassingly subjugated.

Maybe some others would benefit from watching the match again. That's if they don't already watch it once a week.

Eyrie
18-03-2013, 09:43 PM
This thread is probably the only thing that the Yams have had to smile about today.

Big Frank
18-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Facts as I see them are ;

Black assaulted Leigh. Straight red every day of the week. Thats a big part of a big game to play with 10 men. Once that scrote (and the rest of the savilles) knew the nature of the official - all over.

Hertz got a penalty which wasn't. Not even near. Not contentious in anyway. Clearly outside the box. Thomson knew fine what he was doing.

If Blacks assault on Leigh can go unpunished, Kujabi certainly shouldn't have been yellowed for his 1st challenge.

Hibernian score their goal and were on the up in the match.

Penalty and sending off killed Hibernian. Not a hope in hell after that.

Craig Thomson is an anti Hibs twat.

That Hibernian team was completely crap.

No merrick I know will even take me on in a discussion about that game. They ken fine.

We have to take it on the chin and move on.

Hertz, the club, their players and their fans are a complete bunch of ****ing roasters. I hope they die. They have cheated Scottish Football as much as the govanites.

The greenjerseys look bloody lovely.

matty_f
18-03-2013, 09:49 PM
I agree with Big Frank. :agree:

Jonnyboy
18-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I agree with Frank and Matty :agree:

clerriehibs
18-03-2013, 09:50 PM
We were humiliated.

"Fair and square"? Laughable.

#FromTheCapital
18-03-2013, 09:52 PM
They won it but to say it was fair and square is just ridiculous. That's like saying Lance Armstrong won his medals fair and square.

clerriehibs
18-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Never tainted.

And black was getting away with murder prior to kujabi's 1st booking.

St Mirren were getting trashed on Sunday ... but clawed their way back into it. As we had, before the ridiculous penalty decision. It's tainted all right.

cabbageandribs1875
18-03-2013, 09:54 PM

and we all know the name of the referee who cheated us :aok:

and to add a little more, as far as i'm concerned, we beat hertz 1-0 at ER 2 weeks ago, it will show up in history books as 0-0...but we DID beat them 1-0 :agree: and once again we all know who the cheat on the line was

Scottie
18-03-2013, 09:58 PM
This thread is probably the only thing that the Yams have had to smile about today.

Totally agree

Time to move on guy's. Last year was last year. They HAD their day in the sun

Our day will hopefully come this year and when it eventually does will be even sweeter knowing they will be squirming watching us lift the big cup.They'll have nothing left with no team to support when the plug is finally pulled. :titanic:

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2013, 09:58 PM
They won it but to say it was fair and square is just ridiculous. That's like saying Lance Armstrong won his medals fair and square.

This!

Benny Brazil
18-03-2013, 10:06 PM
It happened - we have to deal with it - it shouldnt be forgotten by the players though and should be used as motivation for us against Falkirk and if we get past them whomever we would face in the final - then if we win it - it can be put to bed.

cleanyman
18-03-2013, 10:09 PM
"Fair and square"? Laughable.

I certainly wasn't laughing on the day.

Pumped.

NAE NOOKIE
18-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Did the Yams have an unfair advantage in that game by having more than half a team on their books they knew they couldnt afford probably before the competition even started .... yes. But they are not the first team to do that I suppose.

Did a referee who none of us wanted before the final go on to spend 90 minutes justifying our doubts about him ...... yes.

But the truth is that three quarters of the Hibs team who took the field that day were not only a disgrace to the Green jerseys ... they were a disgrace to themselves as professional football players. Big bucks or not the Yams players looked like they wanted it more and most of our lot looked like at best they hadnt grasped the magnitude of the ocassion or at worst that they couldnt have cared less.

QOTS and Falkirk had played in cup finals at Hampden against the club formerly known as Rangers in the few years previously and made a much better fist of it than our sorry lot.

So yes .. tainted though it may yet turn out to be the result has to be accepted. Tell ya what though as fans we can be proud of our efforts that day .... that is a battle we definately won.

In the next 12 months the only question that will really matter will be the one the Yam fans will be asking themselves..... Was it worth it?

Greentinted
18-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I recognise it as the record shows it to be.
However, I see it as a spectacular manifestation of the 'death rattle' and one which has preceded a long tortuous elimination for what had become a profligate, infected organism unfit for survival in a proper sporting environment.

Scottie
18-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Did the Yams have an unfair advantage in that game by having more than half a team on their books they knew they couldnt afford probably before the competition even started .... yes. But they are not the first team to do that I suppose.

Did a referee who none of us wanted before the final go on to spend 90 minutes justifying our doubts about him ...... yes.

But the truth is that three quarters of the Hibs team who took the field that day were not only a disgrace to the Green jerseys ... they were a disgrace to themselves as professional football players. Big bucks or not the Yams players looked like they wanted it more and most of our lot looked like at best they hadnt grasped the magnitude of the ocassion or at worst that they couldnt have cared less.

QOTS and Falkirk had played in cup finals at Hampden against the club formerly known as Rangers in the few years previously and made a much better fist of it than our sorry lot.

So yes .. tainted though it may yet turn out to be the result has to be accepted. Tell ya what though as fans we can be proud of our efforts that day .... that is a battle we definately won.

In the next 12 months the only question that will really matter will be the one the Yam fans will be asking themselves..... Was it worth it?

I can live with the fact our team lost out to our bitter rivals the thing that really hurts is the manner in which it happened.
Yes every decision that could go against us did but if our players had applied themselves like they should have from the start like the fans then the result could have been o so different.We let them destroy us that day on the field by our inhability to even turn up and of course a little help from our unbias officials. History proves they won but nows the time to move on as it is all in the past GGTTH

clerriehibs
18-03-2013, 10:37 PM
I certainly wasn't laughing on the day.

Pumped.

Cheated.

Pete
18-03-2013, 10:42 PM
I certainly wasn't laughing yesterday

Pumped.

Sorted that for you.

GTF!

lapsedhibee
18-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Exactly. Thirds pumped us 6-1 in 1961. A few years later they were gone from the league, and how often do you hear their fans gloating about that scoreline now?

cleanyman
18-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Sorted that for you.

GTF!

Now you're being silly.

Sir David Gray
18-03-2013, 10:56 PM
What Scottish Cup win? :dunno:

hibs4thecup1988
18-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Facts as I see them are ;

Black assaulted Leigh. Straight red every day of the week. Thats a big part of a big game to play with 10 men. Once that scrote (and the rest of the savilles) knew the nature of the official - all over.

Hertz got a penalty which wasn't. Not even near. Not contentious in anyway. Clearly outside the box. Thomson knew fine what he was doing.

If Blacks assault on Leigh can go unpunished, Kujabi certainly shouldn't have been yellowed for his 1st challenge.

Hibernian score their goal and were on the up in the match.

Penalty and sending off killed Hibernian. Not a hope in hell after that.

Craig Thomson is an anti Hibs twat.

That Hibernian team was completely crap.

No merrick I know will even take me on in a discussion about that game. They ken fine.

We have to take it on the chin and move on.

Hertz, the club, their players and their fans are a complete bunch of ****ing roasters. I hope they die. They have cheated Scottish Football as much as the govanites.

The greenjerseys look bloody lovely.

Couldn't have put it any better to be honest. :flag::pfgwa

Jones28
18-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Pumped. End of. Move on.

Miguel
18-03-2013, 11:29 PM
If you look at the history of Scottish football, you realise that systemic cheating was there from the beginning, but was probably exacerbated when the Old Firm rivalry got into full swing. Although Celtic portray themselves as victims, they were actually part of a status quo under which the game's authorities tried to manage a problem that was endemic in society, sectarianism.
Financial cheating was widespread before the game became professional, in the form of payments to ostensibly amateur players. Hearts cheated in the sense that they paid players above what they could afford. The refereeing decisions in the final may have been cheating, or may have been incompetence. Maybe even a bit of both. The final was tainted in these respects, but it wasn't the first and will likely not be the last. Cheating, in whatever form, is endemic in sport - all sport.

Pete
19-03-2013, 12:02 AM
I like the patronizing way people who think nothing was untoward say "move on".
We have moved on, its simply that people who see things differently have different views and don't accept your version of events.

Some posters are almost taking pleasure in telling everyone how hearts had no help. They are speaking in a manner about, and using terms to describe my club that I don't think anyone who loves hibs would use.

This thread absolutely stinks.

Hibercelona
19-03-2013, 12:51 AM
We were dreadful but clawed our way back into it. (In a similar way that St Mirren did yesterday)

We still had slim hope, but that was completely robbed from us from one of the worst decisions ever made.

When referees give a decision thats wrong, they hide behind the "instant decision making" chat. If they don't give a decision that they should have gave, they hide beyond the whole "have to be 100% sure" chat.

They don't half contradict themselves no?

How could Thompson have been "100% sure" that the fowl was inside the box, when it wasn't inside the box at all?

JohnStephens91
19-03-2013, 01:07 AM
I stood and watched as the mutants tore us apart, not many Hibs players covered themselves in any glory that day, I stayed to the end and seen all six goals scored that day. I also seen the assault and the 'penalty' and the awful refereeing from Craig Yamson. As much as it pains me to say it, I accept they won it, it might not have been fair but it was certainly bloodied turd coloured ribbons on the cup at the end and not green and white.

It will cost them in the long run with the massive wage bill that the squad commanded. I hope they enjoy playing gash loan players like Ngoo from now on and having a crap mutant looking manager.

hibee19
19-03-2013, 01:11 AM
They had better players on higher wages than us and they beat us. They might pay dearly for living outwith their means or they might not. If anything taints the win its the refereeing decisions but at the end of the day the record books will show us 1 them 5. I wouldn't risk our clubs future for short term success but to my knowledge they didn't really do anything illegal.

Hibercelona
19-03-2013, 01:14 AM
They had better players on higher wages than us and they beat us. They might pay dearly for living outwith their means or they might not. If anything taints the win its the refereeing decisions but at the end of the day the record books will show us 1 them 5. I wouldn't risk our clubs future for short term success but to my knowledge they didn't really do anything illegal.

Not paying your employees on time and avoiding tax bills, tends to be slightly illegal.

hibee19
19-03-2013, 01:32 AM
Not paying your employees on time and avoiding tax bills, tends to be slightly illegal.

What I mean is I see that as simply failing to run a business rather than intentionally cheating like Oldco Rangers. I'm willing to be proved wrong, I'm no expert.

I think its time we look forward, we are in a SC semi for the second year in a row while doing things the right way so I try not to feel too bitter about that day. I want a strong Hearts around to compete with but they have dug their own grave so I have no sympathy.

Albanian Hibs
19-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Why do people still bring this up? Get over it. I am.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-03-2013, 07:21 AM
I don't recognize hearts full stop, a club with the most insulting and deluded fans in the history of Scottish football coupled with a cheating board that knows no ends and with a stadium that should have been shut down years ago due to health and safety issues and yet they continue to stick two (or a middle if you prefer) fingers up at the clear rules set out for all teams to adhere to, not paying players (or taxes) yet allowed to sign them for gain then simply discard them due to the fact they couldn't afford them in the first place and still think that they are some sort of Barcelona-Esq outfit is hard to believe they still exist and are allowed to carry on like there is nothing wrong makes me fume with real hatred for them. The SFA really have a lot to answer for in this instance and I really would like to know why other Directors of the SPL clubs say nothing..

Rant over...

JollyGreenGiant
19-03-2013, 07:36 AM
I think we need to move on. When they go bust it will be irrelevant anyway!

greenginger
19-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Was Tax paid on Craig Thompson's money ? :devil:

19-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Thompson that day was a complete and utter joke and he made it very obvious who he wanted to win. I think if the refereeing had been fairer we still would have been beat as we were rank rotten but I doubt the scoreline would have been as flattering for hearts. The reason we were beat was because we had a piss poor side and hearts had a team full of good players they were wrongly allowed to buy as they could no where near afford them.

Hearts are bigger cheats than Thompson.

Beefster
19-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Considering we put ourselves into massive debt paying the likes of Sauzee, Latapy and O'Neil, I'm not sure we should get too high and mighty about paying wages that can't be afforded.

The bigger problem with Hearts and their support, and why I'd be delighted to see them disappear, is their misplaced arrogance and utter delusion.

QMU-1875
19-03-2013, 09:08 AM
This must be a piss take surely? Embarrassing thread.

Just Alf
19-03-2013, 09:09 AM
This must be a piss take surely? Embarrassing thread.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126100-comedy-gold/

:rolleyes:

bigwheel
19-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Yep, I'm not recognising the Livi defeat in the final either as I don't think the colour yellow is legitimate for a league team and also I'm now taking the cup final victory in 72 as Dixie Deans shouldn't have played due to his murder side-burns....Oh, and I'm now officially not recognising being dumped by that cute blonde thing in 5th year - going to find her on facebook and tell her it's our 20the anniversary !

Hahahaha. Made my day this funny thread

Green Fish
19-03-2013, 09:16 AM
No matter how we all feel about the outcome or how unjust that day was it is done and dusted. The history books wont alter. Time to move on, hopefully the boys will put things right this year.

Vini1875
19-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Yes.

I wouldn't give them them the opportunity to have a go at me for trying to ignore it, especially when you consider how many loan players we had in our team. But what I do say to them is that it's a pity that their referee ruined a game that they would have won anyway, which gives the "5-1" stuff a proper perspective.

Of course. If we had won it with a bunch of loan players would it mean any less. The thing about the cups they have won is that the cost will last much much longer than the glow of celebration. I do sort of feel that we gave it away rather than they won it though.

QMU-1875
19-03-2013, 09:40 AM

I remember that incest ridden mob had a thread not to long ago discussing the legitimacy of 7-0 which was in thier words very pleasing. 40 years on and they still feel the shame from the raping we gave them. Sudocreme sales are still sky high over gorgie way.

#FromTheCapital
19-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Considering we put ourselves into massive debt paying the likes of Sauzee, Latapy and O'Neil, I'm not sure we should get too high and mighty about paying wages that can't be afforded.

The main difference being that we done this mainly to get ourselves out of the 1st division. And it was at a time when Scottish football had a lot more money in it from sky sports. Yes we spent beyond our means but we cut back very quickly and recouped a lot of money by bringing on and selling our youngsters.
Hearts on the other hand have paid wages they can't afford for 30 years or so now, unsurprisingly this is also the length of time they've had the upper hand on us. This season is the first time they have attempted to cut back in my lifetime and what a coincidence they haven't beat us once all season.

EdinMike
19-03-2013, 09:53 AM
http://english1st.jp/storage/facepalm.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1361371451 990

Thecat23
19-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Yes 100% it stands. We had a bunch of losers in that team with a terrible attitude. Yes they over spent and paid players they couldn't afford but the result still stands. I'd want us to win it fair and square and ram it right up them.

EuanH78
19-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Yes 100% it stands. We had a bunch of losers in that team with a terrible attitude. Yes they over spent and paid players they couldn't afford but the result still stands. I'd want us to win it fair and square and ram it right up them.

Agree completely,

No matter how terrible it was, we were soundly beaten and nothing can change that. We as Hibby's have to accept it, bear it and move on with dignity - Hibs class.

lapsedhibee
19-03-2013, 10:08 AM
I'd want us to win it fair and square and ram it right up them.

I don't think the yams were that nervous before last year's final, as they have always had a special relationship with the big cup and knew that they just had to turn up to win it.
Which they duly did.

This year, however, if we beat Falkirk, they will be utterly wetting themselves before the final. Because if it goes the wrong way for them, they will have lost more than half of what they live for, which is to ponce about pretending they are on a different level from us.

Plenty to look forward to. :flag:

Thecat23
19-03-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't think the yams were that nervous before last year's final, as they have always had a special relationship with the big cup and knew that they just had to turn up to win it.
Which they duly did.

This year, however, if we beat Falkirk, they will be utterly wetting themselves before the final. Because if it goes the wrong way for them, they will have lost more than half of what they live for, which is to ponce about pretending they are on a different level from us.

Plenty to look forward to. :flag:

Spot on!!

Thecat23
19-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Agree completely,

No matter how terrible it was, we were soundly beaten and nothing can change that. We as Hibby's have to accept it, bear it and move on with dignity - Hibs class.

Exactly mate, No point pointing the finger at another club. Hibs let us down last year badly. This year we actually have some players who want to win. Hope we go out and finally do it.

Guy I work with once said to me "You will never in you're lifetime beat us winning the cup and that same year you got relegated". We have a chance to win it and not only that they could go bust. Believe me those words will haunt him if that happens as I'll print it out and sticking on every wall in my office for him. :greengrin

SlickShoes
19-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I was in the stadium watching some of the worst hibs players in living memory get hammered by a mediocre hearts team, even if you think they played players they couldn't afford we all still sat through that game and will have to live with it the rest of our lives. Even if the cup was stripped from them for some bizarre reason, it still happened and it was still horrific, one of the worst events in my entire life.

Judas Iscariot
19-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Worst

Thread

Ever

IFONLY
19-03-2013, 10:55 AM

This thread just gives that lot another reason/excuse to laugh at us. Why not let things rest we got pumped end off.

silverhibee
19-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Worst

Thread

Ever

Should be deleted :agree: who wants to be remembered about that day.

MrSmith
19-03-2013, 11:09 AM
This thread just gives that lot another reason/excuse to laugh at us. Why not let things rest we got pumped end off.

And, it also gives folk a chance to vent their spleen! However, we were pumped more ways than one at that final! Refereeing/linesman decisions, SFA/SPL should never allowed that hearts team onto the park! Very let down by sporting integrity and fairplay as per UEFA ruling!! For me, they may have pumped us but it will be forever termed as 'cheating to win' because, effectively, that is what they had to do! 5-1 mean nothing to me!

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 11:10 AM

The bigger problem withy Hearts and their support, and why I'd be delighted to see them disappear, is their misplaced arrogance and utter delusion.

We cleared our debt. The "cheats" (quote courtesy of Campbell Money) believe thay can walk away from their £30m.

Don't compare us to the sewer dwellers.

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Worst

Thread

Ever

No likee no readee.

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 11:12 AM
I was in the stadium watching some of the worst hibs players in living memory get hammered by a mediocre hearts team, even if you think they played players they couldn't afford we all still sat through that game and will have to live with it the rest of our lives. Even if the cup was stripped from them for some bizarre reason, it still happened and it was still horrific, one of the worst events in my entire life.

Don't recognise it then. I don't, and I'm much the happier.

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 11:17 AM

Hearts are an irrelevance now.

Therefore their fans are an irrelevance.

Therefore what thwir fans say is an irrelevance.

I waste enough time just trying to keep up with hibs forums ... Why waste breathing time reading that irrelevant trash?

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Don't recognise it then. I don't, and I'm much the happier.

:LOL: You recognise it alright, so much so that you try to put it out of your mind by trying to convince yourself that you don't. You sound as deluded as them.

19-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Hearts are an irrelevance now.

Therefore their fans are an irrelevance.

Therefore what thwir fans say is an irrelevance.

I waste enough time just trying to keep up with hibs forums ... Why waste breathing time reading that irrelevant trash?

Agreed. A horrible, trashy embarrassing club with hun like tramps supporting them. Like i said earlier, let them have their 5-1, it will most likely be the last big success they have for a very long time. I don't go over to bigotsandchav.com AKA kickback, some of the guff they come out with is beyond cringeworthy (although very comical at times!). Even a couple of my decent jambo mates (hard to believe, I know!) no long post on their as even they stated that they were embarrassed by some of the things on their and the nature of a lot of the posters. I certainly have been disgusted by that site and its members since that massive thread a few years back that was just dedicated to giving as much racial abuse to Benji and Zemamma as possible - absolutely sickening to say the least and wasn't taken down for quite some time!

Vile creatures the lot of them !

MrSmith
19-03-2013, 11:31 AM
:LOL: You recognise it alright, so much so that you try to put it out of your mind by trying to convince yourself that you don't. You sound as deluded as them.

The result isn't the problem, it is, for me, the outright cheating and those who allowed it!

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Whatever, big boy

Phil D. Rolls
19-03-2013, 11:44 AM
We were awful, and it's best forgetting that day. Hearts turned us over. It does stick in the craw a bit when you see how ordinary they are when they aren't cheating on the finances. They WILL pay for that cup for many years.

On the pitch, they won fair and square. I actually feel more cheated over 1979 tbh - stonewaller with 5 mins to go in the game. That was the standard of corrupt refereeing that went on in the old days.

Judas Iscariot
19-03-2013, 11:46 AM
No likee no readee.

Are you the monkey to the organ grinder?

Springbank
19-03-2013, 11:47 AM

I agree.

Anyone who appreciates the essence of sport should see last may as a sham. It is as close to match fixing as I've ever known.

Players they couldn't afford and a referee they could afford

Keith_M
19-03-2013, 11:48 AM
This is a really stupid question. I've decided that I don't recognise this as a legitimate hibs.net thread.....

Beefster
19-03-2013, 11:49 AM
My five year old doesn't recognise it when he gets beat at anything either.

joe breezy
19-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I recognise it yes.

I recognise it as a key moment in the death of their club and the start of rebuilding by Hibs.

I like it - it gives them a complete delusion to cling on to whilst they are sinking. Who cares if it's in their 'honours'? No me, it's funny. They're a joke.

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Are you the monkey to the organ grinder?

Still reading?

MrSmith
19-03-2013, 11:51 AM
I recognise it yes.

I recognise it as a key moment in the death of their club and the start of rebuilding by Hibs.

I like it - it gives them a complete delusion to cling on to whilst they are sinking. Who cares if it's in their 'honours'? No me, it's funny. They're a joke.

I like this view Joe.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 11:53 AM
While i understand they pumped us that day, nothing will change my opinion on how things may have been different had the cheat sent off Black for his forearm smash.

If we'd played against 10 men from that moment, i think the score would have been very different.

bigwheel
19-03-2013, 12:11 PM
While i understand they pumped us that day, nothing will change my opinion on how things may have been different had the cheat sent off Black for his forearm smash.

If we'd played against 10 men from that moment, i think the score would have been very different.

If ma aunty had B.....

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 12:12 PM
If ma aunty had B.....

No, if we did not have the cheat as ref. :rolleyes:

Woody70x2
19-03-2013, 12:20 PM

This thread should be deleted.

It will be recorded as a 5-1 victory in the Scottish Cup for Heart of Midlothian in season 2011/12.

The only thing that would go close to remotely fixing that is if the said Heart of Midlothian become defunct and history is consigened to history - in the Third Lanark sense of the word.

Liam_Hibs
19-03-2013, 12:42 PM
This thread is more embarrassing than the performance of the team on that day..

Judas Iscariot
19-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Still reading?

Keep going King Louie....

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Keep going King Louie....

Worst thread ever would appear to be a right riveting read for you.

LTYF

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 01:54 PM

:top marks

Pete
19-03-2013, 02:00 PM

That will change with some guidance.

If your five year old was cheated would he recognise that?

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 02:04 PM
That will change with some guidance.

If your five year old was cheated would he recognise that?

:faf: I'm sure he'll be able to deal with a defeat when he grows up, better than you and some others can!

Pete
19-03-2013, 02:10 PM
:faf: I'm sure he'll be able to deal with a defeat better than you and some others can!

I'm dealing with it fine. I dealt with it so well I watched it again soon after. It simply confirmed my stance. Have you?

I don't like wallowing in self pity when I don't have to.

Judas Iscariot
19-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Worst thread ever would appear to be a right riveting read for you.

LTYF

The monkey's are very entertaining

LTMF

Hibee Ryan
19-03-2013, 02:55 PM
You'd have to be pretty stupid to not recognise it as a win.

Let's not forget that Hearts team played the whole season and still only finished 5/6th (can't remember exactly) so it wasn't a team of world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but we finished 11th and league positions don't lie.

We were underdogs from the go and the thread before the final on Craig Thomson showed that Hibs had a problem with him and his cheating/incompetence (delete as you feel appropriate:wink:) definitely enhanced the scoreline. I still think we would of lost but 5-1? Not a chance, 2/3-1 yes!

However 5-1 was probably the best thing that's happened to Hibs in a while, it made everyone realise how badly we'd been failing the last 5 years and only now are we seeing a different Hibs culture and I'm all for that.

Also 5-1 gives Hearts fans something to cling onto and they need it, without it they have nothing. No hopes, no memories, no decent players, no money and no class. And when they die they can chisel 5-1 on their grave for all I care

Beefster
19-03-2013, 02:58 PM
We cleared our debt. The "cheats" (quote courtesy of Campbell Money) believe thay can walk away from their £30m.

We hadn't cleared the debt when we won 6-2 or 0-3. I presume you struggle to recognise those wins?

NAE NOOKIE
19-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Ach ..... Not only did they not match 7 = 0 it wasnt even our biggest defeat in a Scottish Cup final. :greengrin

Its time to forget about it and move on ....... Tell ya what I'm more bothered at the moment about our cuffing at Motherwell last Friday than I am about last May. Now that is something we should be bothering about.

Dashing Bob S
19-03-2013, 03:11 PM
The Thomson cheating is a total red herring. Yes, it ruined the game as a spectacle, but we were poor and Hearts probably would have won anyway. I think Thomson cheated the fans out of a contest, but not us out of a cup. We were dire last season and lucky to get that far. Yes he's a cheat and *cum, but sadly you run up against these people in the poisonous backwater that is Scottish Football - get over it.

More contentious and potentially interesting is the 'financial doping' and what the eventual legal inquiries will make of where the money to pay Hearts wages came from.

But all this is out off our hands, (and Hearts also) so we shouldn't be getting excited about it at the moment.

So yes, we must accept it for now, it as a legitimate, albeit highly tarnished cup win for Hearts.

Pete
19-03-2013, 03:34 PM
We hadn't cleared the debt when we won 6-2 or 0-3. I presume you struggle to recognise those wins?

They were spending more than we were during those periods and they had much more debt. If anything it was a level playing field.

Anyway, your correct about not actually recognizing the match. Thats a bit mad.

I totally believe it to be tainted though. It certainly doesn't mean I haven't moved on or haven't coped with it somehow. Its yam talk to suggest that 99% of us weren't over it after the first derby.

Mad thread talking about a result we cant change. We have bigger things to think about and I cant wait to go back to Hampden: I'm out!

Phil D. Rolls
19-03-2013, 04:00 PM
This is a really stupid question. I've decided that I don't recognise this as a legitimate hibs.net thread.....

I'm pretty confident I would recognise it in a police line up. It's the one with the moustache and sideburns.

bigwheel
19-03-2013, 04:12 PM
No, if we did not have the cheat as ref. :rolleyes:

The ref didn't cheat ...that's a green tinted view of the world ...the worst Hibs team ever to get to a cup final got humped..

There is always be football decisions that could have changed a game .. O'Connor was offside when he laid on the winning semi final goal - these things happen.

We need to get over it ..

I can't believe there are still threads on this in March 2013.

500miles
19-03-2013, 04:56 PM
The ref didn't cheat ...that's a green tinted view of the world ...the worst Hibs team ever to get to a cup final got humped..

There is always be football decisions that could have changed a game .. O'Connor was offside when he laid on the winning semi final goal - these things happen.

There are poor decisions, but then there are a multitude of poor decisions combined with a history of heavily biased strange decisions.

I've no doubt Craig Thompson enjoyed Hibs getting beat that day. He's a cheat. The SFA thought his record was worthy of review, and subsequenly keeping him away from our fixture for a full round of games, when the season before, he was one of our most regular officials.

However, the result still stands. When Hearts die, their right to gloat about it dies with them. You can't support a team that doesn't exist.

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 05:18 PM

I am over it, it happened i know that.

Nothing will convince me that man is not a cheat, and nothing will convince me things MIGHT have been different had he not cheated?

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Imagine if the roles had been reversed, Hibs were given a penalty that never was, Hearts went down to ten men as a result , Claros was spared a certain red card and we won the cup. Would we feel that we hadn't won the cup fairly and fail to recognise it?
Or would we pish ourselves laughing if the maroon goons said they failed to recognise our victory?

Kato
19-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Hibs were given a penalty that never was, Hearts went down to ten men as a result , Claros was spared a certain red card and we won the cup.

In a Cup final? Now you're just being ridiculous. :wink::wink:

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 06:02 PM
In a Cup final? Now you're just being ridiculous. :wink::wink:

It's the plot for my latest novel. :greengrin

matty_f
19-03-2013, 06:10 PM
I tend to just now give a f*** about it now. Was over it before I'd got back on the bus to get home from Hampden.

There are infintely worse things that can happen in life than losing to those tramps.

eastterrace
19-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I tend to just now give a f*** about it now. Was over it before I'd got back on the bus to get home from Hampden.

There are infintely worse things that can happen in life than losing to those tramps.

jesus you get over things quick, it took me a few months but now i couldnae care about it 5-1 who gives a sh*t let them wave their hand signals it just doesnt bother me anymore.

Northernhibee
19-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Every time they give us the big 5-1, just remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY

We'll get another punt at winning the Scottish cup soon. They will never, ever get another opportunity to win the top league and the one opportunity they had, they blew it.

5-1 doesn't even come close to bottling it on the verge of something THAT huge.

:lolyam:

Paisley Hibby
19-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Can't believe this thread is still going. To those of you who feel better by trying to pretend that last May

a. wasn't fair/doesn't count because of cheating by hearts or the ref; or
b wasn't as bad as something else really really bad

I say please keep it to yourself. By exposing your denial/delusion on here you're simply giving the Yams a real excuse to laugh their tits off. I would too if I was one of them.

Back here on planet earth we all know what happened and have moved on.

One Day Soon
19-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Every time they give us the big 5-1, just remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zynaPt5COmY

We'll get another punt at winning the Scottish cup soon. They will never, ever get another opportunity to win the top league and the one opportunity they had, they blew it.

5-1 doesn't even come close to bottling it on the verge of something THAT huge.

:lolyam:

You know, that's not my best moment as a Hibs fan but it is certainly - by an unsurpassable distance - my very funniest.

Kato
19-03-2013, 07:31 PM
It's the plot for my latest novel. :greengrin

Watch out JRR Tolkien.

Pete
19-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Tainted. End of.

Anyone who disagrees has to move on and simply accept it.

Face up to the facts and like me, you will beable to move on.

P.s. Come on, you need to move on!

Beefster
19-03-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm refusing to recognise my credit card bill because the barstewards probably cheated and won the money they loaned me in some credit crunch-style banking scam.

One Day Soon
19-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Back on the topic of the thread, I stick with what I said at the time. Hearts won, Hibs lost - next business.

I'll say this though, when we horsed them senseless 0-7 on their own turf we did it without steroid accounting.

MrSmith
19-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Can't believe this thread is still going. To those of you who feel better by trying to pretend that last May

I say please keep it to yourself. By exposing your denial/delusion on here you're simply giving the Yams a real excuse to laugh their tits off. I would too if I was one of them.

Let them! I admitted at the time we were pumped! However ths subsequent realities of their cheating and demise have made me conclude that there is no victory for them to have and, well they know it! Most of the jambos I know get shirty when I tell them it doesn't count in my book and then go onto give them my explanation why! They know it's tainted and worse for them now is that most of us aint interested in that result which, in effect gets them even more annoyed!!

The jumbos can have whatever they want, believe whatever they want and say whatever they want. If it means I'm delusional - then so be it! I'm fairly secure in the knowledge that Hibs paid there dues, even when spending more than they should and that we have never needed assistance from referees to be successful!

Sorry but 5-1 is now 51 to me and that is what they can't stand!

hibeedonald
19-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Such am embarrassing thread.

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 09:04 PM

Your 5 yr old won't know right from wrong either.

Your 5 yr old willl also be told "cheaters never win".

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 09:06 PM
the monkey's are very entertaining

ltmf

ltyf

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 09:12 PM

Jeezo! We were managing that debt!! The merricks aren't, haven't and weren't! Can't you tell the difference!? Have we EVER left anyone even 1p short never mind the £30million ... Thirty million QUID .. That they think it's just fine and dandy to walk away from?! Don't DARE to compare us.

clerriehibs
19-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Ach ..... Not only did they not match 7 = 0 it wasnt even our biggest defeat in a Scottish Cup final. :greengrin

Its time to forget about it and move on ....... Tell ya what I'm more bothered at the moment about our cuffing at Motherwell last Friday than I am about last May. Now that is something we should be bothering about.

10/10 !!!

Pete
19-03-2013, 10:34 PM

I can recommend "moving on". When you have actually done so...

You won't really mind threads like this and certainly won't be embarrassed. You'll beable to talk openly about the match.

You might watch it again. You might then have more evidence to form an opinion.

You'll respect other people's opinions on the match without accusing them of being deluded or in denial.

You won't be bothered about the big bad hearts supporters laughing at you because you dare to discuss the match.

You won't treat it as some major trauma where even discussing details brings back awful memories. You'll discover that you don't need to stick your fingers in your ears going "la la la it will go away if I don't think or talk about it".

Tainted, fact, end of!

If that bothers or embarrasses anyone maybe they need to actually face up to the match...then move on like we have.

matty_f
19-03-2013, 11:06 PM
jesus you get over things quick, it took me a few months but now i couldnae care about it 5-1 who gives a sh*t let them wave their hand signals it just doesnt bother me anymore.
:greengrin Just have a good sense of perspective. Fitba's fitba - like I said, there's a helluva lot worse things in life that can and have happened than losing a game, even a cup final.

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2013, 12:42 PM
ltyf

:monkey:

clerriehibs
20-03-2013, 08:13 PM
:monkey:

The yam even uses Mister Romanov's favourite pejorative ...

SJNB Hibby
20-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I do not recognise it as a legitimate win.Paying players they could not afford at the expense of the tax payer and other creditors.I see the win as a cheat.Unfortunately, yesThe team they put on the field slaughtered the team we put on the field, and yes, there were some dubious decisions. But for every point in the argument that they spent years cheating and overpaying off the field, there is a coun ter-argument---we didnt take the opportunities of a well supported club, playing in a first class stadium, and with top class training facilities with WAY more Hibs supporters on the field than Hearts supporters.It's behind us. We've paid with our pride....if they pay with the very existence of their club---so be it

Scouse Hibee
20-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I can recommend "moving on". When you have actually done so...

You won't really mind threads like this and certainly won't be embarrassed. You'll beable to talk openly about the match.

You might watch it again. You might then have more evidence to form an opinion.

You'll respect other people's opinions on the match without accusing them of being deluded or in denial.

You won't be bothered about the big bad hearts supporters laughing at you because you dare to discuss the match.

You won't treat it as some major trauma where even discussing details brings back awful memories. You'll discover that you don't need to stick your fingers in your ears going "la la la it will go away if I don't think or talk about it".

Tainted, fact, end of!

If that bothers or embarrasses anyone maybe they need to actually face up to the match...then move on like we have.

:tee hee: That comment always reminds me of a kid wanting his own way.

Hibs07p
20-03-2013, 08:54 PM
...... it wasnt even our biggest defeat in a Scottish Cup final. :greengrin

And if IRC, our next Hampden final after that hammering, we won 2-1! :greengrin

nic81
20-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Such am embarrassing thread.

:agree::agree:

Astonished that this thread has been started

Judas Iscariot
20-03-2013, 09:21 PM
The yam even uses Mister Romanov's favourite pejorative ...

Deary me!

You're thicker than I gave you credit for

Glory Lurker
20-03-2013, 09:32 PM
How. Is. This. Still. Going? :dead:

Jonnyboy
20-03-2013, 09:36 PM
How. Is. This. Still. Going? :dead:

As David Francey once allegedly said when commentating on a Scotland v Bulgaria game .....

fuctivano

Pete
20-03-2013, 10:00 PM
:tee hee: That comment always reminds me of a kid wanting his own way.

Good son.

Pete
20-03-2013, 10:03 PM
As David Francey once allegedly said when commentating on a Scotland v Bulgaria game .....

fuctivano

Can an admin type person not simply delete it?

It's obviously causing a lot of people great discomfort.

Jonnyboy
20-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Can an admin type person not simply delete it?

It's obviously causing a lot of people great discomfort.

You could always ask I suppose :agree:

Edit: I'm just disappointed that the thread starter has been on the site since he/she posted the thread but has made no comment about any of the responses. Makes me wonder what his/her aims were in starting what was sure to be a controversial debate

Beefster
21-03-2013, 07:37 AM
Your 5 yr old won't know right from wrong either.

Your 5 yr old willl also be told "cheaters never win".

Of course he knows right from wrong.

He'll also be told "it's great to win and you should do your best all the time but if you don't win, suck it up, act like a man and do better next time".

clerriehibs
21-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Of course he knows right from wrong.

He'll also be told "it's great to win and you should do your best all the time but if you don't win, suck it up, act like a man and do better next time".

Act like a man? He's all of five, apparently.