PDA

View Full Version : 6 years ago today

18-03-2013, 11:47 AM
6 years ago today, 18th March 2007 we celebrated winning 5-1 in the league cup final at Hampden! Sunshine on leith as the players paraded the cup around hampden was truly something special, even watching the video now it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and still puts a lump in my throat! A very special day indeed.

What are your memories of that day?

It was a magic day that will live in the memory of every hibs fan forever :flag:

:hibees

Mr White
18-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Big rob Jones getting his noggin on the ball for the first as the snow fell. Beautiful, just beautiful.

Speedy
18-03-2013, 12:04 PM
I was working.

Decided not to go as we lost every time I went.

You're welcome everyone.

Killiehibbie
18-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Sitting in the Killie end, my brother left it too late to get tickets, trying to keep calm.

LeighLoyal
18-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Was there, and later on managed to shake the bold Benji's hand outside the city chambers. :aok:

hibsfan7
18-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday went with a bus from inverkeithing we got into the celtic supporters club on london road and then onto the game fantastic win
managed to get a lift down to easter road the only one on the bus that went down all the rest went back to fife
i stood at the corner of easter road and albion road and seen the hibs players come round with the cup

unforgettable

GGTTH

hibsbollah
18-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Id like a poll to vote for the best moments, there were so many :flag:

Benjjis wee double movement for his goal, Rob Jones header through the snow, Lewis MOTM, Sunshine on Leith at the end, Boozy, the Moroccan Fezes, Collins tears and look to the heavens, Jeffries inexplicably bringing on Gary Locke when they were 3 goals down, presumably to humiliate him :greengrin

18-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Id like a poll to vote for the best moments, there were so many :flag:

Benjjis wee double movement for his goal, Rob Jones header through the snow, Lewis MOTM, Sunshine on Leith at the end, Boozy, the Moroccan Fezes, Collins tears and look to the heavens, Jeffries inexplicably bringing on Gary Locke when they were 3 goals down, presumably to humiliate him :greengrin

Massive rendition of the famous "cheer up jimmy jefferies!" :greengrin

So many unforgettable moments! GGTTH being belted out over the tannoy just after the final whistle, Jones header and celebrating in the blizzard, watching big Jones walk up the Hampden steps to lift the trophy aloft was an incredible moment and Sunshine on Leith was phenomenal Then of course the journey back to Edinburgh (we took a wee short cut through gorgie :greengrin!) and watching the boys parade the cup down to Easter Road.

Jay
18-03-2013, 12:34 PM
When I was watching the St Mirren celebrations after the game, as good as it was, I dont think any team can, or will, ever beat Sunshine on Leith on that day at Hampden. It was something special. :agree:

Pretty Boy
18-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Remember it well.

Our bus was delayed as it was coming from a company in Fife and the driver didn't realise there was roadworks on the bridge. Didn't set off until well after 1 and everyone on the bus was well under the influence. Driver ended up dropping us practically at the turnstiles after detouring through some back roads.

Game itself was magic and we never looked like losing, totally dominant. As soon as we got the second it was party time.

Bus coming down ER was brilliant, so many Hibbies was an amazing sight. I rounded the night off inexplicably crying in the pub. Think the drink and emotion finally got the better of me.

Great day.

hughio
18-03-2013, 12:41 PM
"Sunshine on Leith" teary-eyed with my daughter in the North Stand
Drive back to town
Straight to Persevere
Guinness
Following the bus on foot up Easter Road with the Cup
Managing to blag our way into the stadium for the celebrations!

:flag:

The Voice Of Reason
18-03-2013, 01:11 PM
When I was watching the St Mirren celebrations after the game, as good as it was, I dont think any team can, or will, ever beat Sunshine on Leith on that day at Hampden. It was something special. :agree:

I agree with that - just thinking about it sends shivers down my spine!

Even my Jamboid mates commented on how special it was !

Hibercelona
18-03-2013, 01:28 PM
We completely destroyed Hearts in that league cup game.

Bizarre it only finished 1-0.

Thecat23
18-03-2013, 01:31 PM
I remember that day well. Once that goal went In from Jones Hibs didn't look back and played with the freedom of Hampden. When the 3rd flew in the hairs on my neck were standing up, I knew then the cup was coming home. Called my dad who was in Lanzarote and said "Listen to this" Held the phone up and the noise was unbelievable. What a day and one that i'll never forget anytime soon. We may have some horrible times supporting Hibs but it makes it all the sweeter when we do win these things. :flag:

DarrenSQH
18-03-2013, 02:44 PM
The 5th goal was the most special for me. Tears in my eyes hugging my family as the Hibs stand went wild.

Judas Iscariot
18-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Even at 5-1 I was still ****ting myself :faf:

Keith_M
18-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Even at 5-1 I was still ****ting myself :faf:

Perhaps not so bad as you but when they scored to make it 3-1 I thought, "Oh no, here we go again". Fortunately it didn't last too long as shortly after we were were gifted the fourth.

vanNISHtelroy
18-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Don't have fond memories of 6 years ago amazingly enough!

Although a year ago today on the other hand!

Keith_M
18-03-2013, 03:05 PM

If it's any consolation, we were all delighted for you :wink:

LancashireHibby
18-03-2013, 03:15 PM
I'd lost the habit of going to the games somewhat around that time as my girlfriend was expecting so all spare cash was geared towards that. Got a phone call from BoltonHibee on the Thursday that there was a spare ticket if I wanted it, best decision I ever made agreeing to take it off his hands. Was a bit of a mad drive up in my N reg Fiesta, sliding up the M6/M74, managing to do the trip in a snow assisted two and a half hours :greengrin

Met up with the rest of the Lancs Hibs in a hotel at the wrong end of Hampden, and for once I was glad to be driving so I could stay stone cold sober and take it all in :agree:

A game that I will never forget.

vanNISHtelroy
18-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Although Liam and his family shouldn't be forgotten on a day like today when discussing memories.

Thoughts with him and his family today! RIP Jack Kelly

Oscar T Grouch
18-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Sunshine on Leith at the end was so good, every hair on my body standing on end. Only time I have watched the same game three times, in full, in one day. at Hampden, in Robbies then in Jaynes, then oot to watch the bus and cup come doon the walk. One of the best days ever, staggered home at some point singing Hibs songs to myself, never seen another person on the way hame so it must have been late, but it was all a bit hazy by then :greengrin

S4uzee
18-03-2013, 04:06 PM
I can see slight flutters of snow outside my window .................

Boyle89
18-03-2013, 04:11 PM
The 1st and 3rd goal stick in my mind. Jones' goal seemed to run in slow-mo and the 3rd was just a joy to watch. I love you hibs!:flag:

18-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Enjoy everyone :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8

Amit
18-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Great day. Watching us lift the cup, SOL being belted out. Rushing to Leith Street to see the bus going to ER. Seeing the bus come up ER then everyone bolting along towards the stadium. Climbing over the fence at the East to see them bring the cup out onto the pitch.

Finally partying with the hibs squad at Le Monde and the night club below til the early hours. Oh and it was my birthday when the clock struck midnight.

Truly unforgettable day!

ginger_rice
18-03-2013, 05:57 PM
That was a truly special day, as they are few and far between I think we enjoy them all the better.

Having been in 72 and again in 91 which were both great days in their own right, for me the 07 game was by far the greatest, just shows when everything just drops into place on the day.

But what made it really special for me was having my son with me to witness his team winning after all the years of dogs abuse he suffered at school in Stirling by "fans" of the OF, that was the icing on the cake.

Oh and SoL :flag::flag::flag:

DAVE1875
18-03-2013, 06:21 PM
"WE ARE HIBERNIAN F.C." thundering round Hampden after we went 2-0 up :scarf:

Mango Man
18-03-2013, 06:35 PM
I was working.

Decided not to go as we lost every time I went.

You're welcome everyone.

Me too, biggest regret of my life. :boo hoo::boo hoo:

18-03-2013, 07:24 PM
In the pub before the game some guy got absolutely hammered, couldn't stand, couldn't walk, could barely string a sentence together. Ended up his sober mate, who had driven through with him had to drive him back home to Edinburgh as there was absolutely no chance he would have got into Hampden. Will haunt him forever now, he missed seeing us lift a trophy all because he decided to go waaay over bored with the drink. If I was his mate I would be absolutely furious that he made me miss it too!

Why do people get like that before a game?! Plenty time for drinking after if we win but whats the point paying all that money for a ticket/travel through etc. if your just gonna get so pissed you can't even see the game! Totally baffels me!

Just_Jimmy
18-03-2013, 08:12 PM
after everything running from Easter Road to Waverley in my kilt to make the last train back to Fife since our buses said Fife or Edinburgh but not both.

Freezing Cauld!!! I think my man parts have just about almost grown back. :wink:

SwanseaHibs
18-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Went with my then girlfriend who, after me taking her to the 2004 final, became a season ticket holder and remember thinking before the game that we would definitely win.
Loads of good memories of the day, not least getting back to Edinburgh and seeing the crowds waiting for the team.
a great weekend all-round.

CA Hibby
18-03-2013, 10:05 PM
After moving to California it was the first time i had been back on Mothers Day in 10 years, so took my wee mum to the final as a treat. Onto the supporters bus from Penicuik and a few Gins later, she was one of the happy girls in the world.

What made it more special was the result and the fact that it was my birthday, so will also remeber that day for lots of reasons.

phantomscotsman
18-03-2013, 11:21 PM

This!!!