PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

1two
04-12-2012, 11:02 PM
What happened?

Where is he?

I always though he was a good prospect then just disappeared off the radar?!?

--------
04-12-2012, 11:03 PM
What happened?

Where is he?

AFAK he's still on loan at Livi, played on Saturday.

hibeemikey21
04-12-2012, 11:06 PM
What happened?

Where is he?

There seems to be two, diametrically opposed views on this matter.

Either he is a teetotaller with a good attitude who Fenlon simply doesn't like

OR

He has an alcohol and attitude problem which is holding him back.

Both are regularly posted by folk claiming to know.

I'm inclined to believe the former, personally.

monktonharp
04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
nearly forgot that laddie! but, where's Danny?.....................who's second name I have forgot!!

hibeemikey21
04-12-2012, 11:11 PM
nearly forgot that laddie! but, where's Danny?.....................who's second name I have forgot!!

Either terminally ill

Or

Fenlon doesn't like him

(All the above info has come from hibs.net)

Diclonius
04-12-2012, 11:13 PM
As far as I'm concerned he suffered a massive loss of confidence last season and this loan should do him good. When he first broke into the team he was a revelation.

madabouthibs
04-12-2012, 11:14 PM
His confidence probably took a pounding last season, a loan spell will probably improve his prospects.
I like him, a decent attacking left back, something we could do with right now. :agree:

.Sean.
04-12-2012, 11:17 PM
He's on loan at Livingston until the end of the season, playing every week and enjoying himself.

silverhibee
04-12-2012, 11:22 PM
He's on loan at Livingston until the end of the season, playing every week and enjoying himself.

Good to hear that Sean. :aok:

PatHead
04-12-2012, 11:22 PM
When does his Hibs contract end?

Leishy1995
04-12-2012, 11:24 PM
When does his Hibs contract end?

He signed like a 4 year one when he was playing well

Sir David Gray
04-12-2012, 11:34 PM
If we can get him back to playing as well as he was when he first broke through into the first team then I would have him back in a minute. Clearly has a talent in there somewhere but like almost every other player we've had over the past couple of years, he massively underperformed and obviously had confidence issues.

I don't think his situation is too different to David Wotherspoon and look at the transformation he's made over the past 6-8 months.

I'm hopeful that, once he returns, Fenlon can help to instil that confidence in him that has been so effective in Wotherspoon.

--------
04-12-2012, 11:43 PM

OR

I don't think it's a case of Pat Fenlon disliking him.

I had heard from a number of sources that there were problems in the early part of last season. I was assured by a netter who knows him well that this wasn't so, and I would certainly accept that. He was injured for a while and out of the team then.

Callum's a young player at a sensitive time in his development and I suspect he needed games and a settled environment (as opposed to the boorach Calderwood and Brown were creating at ER) to come on. I was at a meeting at ER early in the season and asked Pat straight how Callum was, and Pat was clear - CB was working hard and getting back to full fitness, so I took it that the lad had been injured and was then on the mend.

Given the length of his contract, I would suppose that a decision on his future will be made at the end of the season. I'm sure Pat's getting reports on his progress from the folks at Almondvale.

I would totally endorse FalkirkHibee's post above.

Mikeystewart
04-12-2012, 11:57 PM

OR

If True he still has time to turn it around, hopefully GOC's recent activity will be an example to the young players coming through, we are in Scotland after all and the culture with young players in the team drinking will continue until the there is a change in Scottish culture, or a zero tolerance from the club.

basehibby
05-12-2012, 12:18 AM
If we can get him back to playing as well as he was when he first broke through into the first team then I would have him back in a minute. Clearly has a talent in there somewhere but like almost every other player we've had over the past couple of years, he massively underperformed and obviously had confidence issues.

I don't think his situation is too different to David Wotherspoon and look at the transformation he's made over the past 6-8 months.

I'm hopeful that, once he returns, Fenlon can help to instil that confidence in him that has been so effective in Wotherspoon.

:agree: I concur - a cracking prospect who looked as classy as can be on the ball if a bit naive in his defending at times. His confidence must have taken a proper hammering playing in a team in freefall last season but a spell playing regularly in a tough league like the 1st Div will hopefully be the making of him. I certainly hope so as Scottish football could do with as much skill and flair as it can get and Calum has plenty of that IMO - hopefully the 1st Div will toughen him up a bit - didn't seem to do Crainey any harm.

frazeHFC
05-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Hopefully he comes back with confidence high. We have seen with Spoony that confidence can do wonders, so heres hoping the same happens with Booth!

Finbar
05-12-2012, 07:49 AM
When I clicked on this link my phone told me "Unexpected failure!"
Hope it's not an omen.
I like Booth, classy player who maybe needs to learn to tackle. Hope he comes back stronger next season.

Chuck Rhoades
05-12-2012, 07:52 AM
DG was asked to go on loan to Livi but refused to go. He was then offered to terminate his contract and Hibs only offered a small amount of his wage to be paid off. DG is one of the lowest earners at the club FWIW. He refused to go without his full wage being paid. Hibs told him to stay away from the training ground. DG is now seeking legal advice from the players union/SPL.

Liams
05-12-2012, 07:54 AM
Prospect of having adecent (ish) defence around him will be great when he comes back!
A Good goalie and havin mcpake near him wil do him wonders! Great attacking LB! Problem i see is, if all loanees sign for us and everyone is fully fit, who do we choose/would boothy get in that back four?

DaveF
05-12-2012, 08:00 AM
I went to the Livi game on Saturday and Booth played quite well. Got forward at every opportunity and 99% of Livingston's attacking play came from the left via Booth. Mind you, that was only the 1st half as it was freezing and I went home at HT :greengrin

DC_Hibs
05-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Good to hear he is doing well and getting games under his belt. Would be even happier to hear John Collins has got the tracksuit on and doing some one to one coaching with Booth as he knew the art of defending/tackling when Alex Miller had him play at LB in his early days (reserves) to toughen him up.

Midfield might be where his future lies though and at a time when Hibs lack decent width on both sides an on form and confident Booth might have found himself in the team. Especially when there is a reliable left back behind him such as McGivern.

He's still very young with a good number of games under his belt so he may still thrive at a revitalised and positive Hibernian.

brog
05-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I continue to believe he's one of the best prospects on our books. Hopefully he returns invigorated & full of confidence. Good luck Callum!

Leishy1995
05-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I'd be lying if I said I don't hope he gets back to full form. Always want one of our youth players to play well and it be good if we improved again.

hfc rd
05-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I hope he manages to rediscover his form and confidence that made him an absolute standout for us.

Allant1981
05-12-2012, 11:57 AM
A friend of mines son plays CH for livi so ill ask her tonight how he is playing, hopefully he is getting on fine

J-C
05-12-2012, 03:28 PM
His form did dip dramatically a couple of seasons ago, he had injury issues and has obviously struggled since then, I've heard a few rumours but nothing concrete as to why this has happened but sometimes young lads stray, whether it be drinking/gambling or just simply lose focus on what they want out of life. Personally think he's a good prospect but not at LB, drfinitely a wing back or winger, his defence is pretty poor.

Diclonius
05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
When I clicked on this link my phone told me "Unexpected failure!"
Hope it's not an omen.
I like Booth, classy player who maybe needs to learn to tackle. Hope he comes back stronger next season.

:faf:

derek0762
05-12-2012, 08:22 PM

And winning FIFA tournaments ;-)

.Sean.
05-12-2012, 08:25 PM
And winning FIFA tournaments ;-)How on earth do you know that!? :rotflmao:

derek0762
05-12-2012, 08:35 PM
How on earth do you know that!? :rotflmao:

He told me in Tesco's ;-)

.Sean.
05-12-2012, 08:38 PM
He told me in Tesco's ;-)
Do I know you?

Smiggy 7-0
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Danny Galbraith............

Who cares ?

Overrated, done one thing - scored the winner against the tramps.

End off

derek0762
05-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Do I know you?

Not personally, but you probably know people I know Darren & Greg Hill?

.Sean.
05-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Not personally, but you probably know people I know Darren & Greg Hill?
:aok: Got you now mate.

1987green
05-12-2012, 09:30 PM
DG was asked to go on loan to Livi but refused to go. He was then offered to terminate his contract and Hibs only offered a small amount of his wage to be paid off. DG is one of the lowest earners at the club FWIW. He refused to go without his full wage being paid. Hibs told him to stay away from the training ground. DG is now seeking legal advice from the players union/SPL.

Danny G was never asked to go on loan to Livingston.

hungryhibs
05-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Iv been told he is training with livingston

Chuck Rhoades
06-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Danny G was never asked to go on loan to Livingston.

You've obviously be told differently to me. My source is a close family friend so I doubt it's a lie.

silverhibee
06-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Is he still not back training at EM.?

Hibercelona
06-12-2012, 01:58 PM
I reckon when he comes back, Fenlon will have him playing better than ever.

1987green
06-12-2012, 07:08 PM
You've obviously be told differently to me. My source is a close family friend so I doubt it's a lie.

He is training with Dunfermline. My source the lad himself

Chuck Rhoades
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
He is training with Dunfermline. My source the lad himself

News to me. He wasnt training with DAFC when PF told him to stay clear.

Chuck Rhoades
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Is he still not back training at EM.?

No.

.Sean.
06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/livingston-loan-has-given-young-hibs-star-callum-booth-chance-to-shake-forgotten-man-tag-1-2678567

Billychaotic182
18-03-2013, 03:00 AM
What do people think will happen with Booth next season? Will he play a part and win a place? He was such a good player I'd hate to see him piss it away

BEEJ
18-03-2013, 12:49 PM
What do people think will happen with Booth next season? Will he play a part and win a place? He was such a good player I'd hate to see him piss it away
Like the other younger players currently out on loan (eg. Scott Smith and Callum Antell), they will be assessed on how they are performing both on match days and during training at EM during the week.

And a decision on their future at ER will be taken accordingly.

MB62
18-03-2013, 01:15 PM

He has seemigly been doing 'OK' at Livi but been playing left back as their current back has been out injured. This guy is now about to return so it may give Booth a chance to move in to midfield.

scoopyboy
18-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Like the other younger players currently out on loan (eg. Scott Smith and Callum Antell), they will be assessed on how they are performing both on match days and during training at EM during the week.

And a decision on their future at ER will be taken accordingly.

There is a big difference though BEEJ.

Smith and Antell are out of contract, Booth has another three seasons.

Sylar
18-03-2013, 01:32 PM
He has seemigly been doing 'OK' at Livi but been playing left back as their current back has been out injured. This guy is now about to return so it may give Booth a chance to move in to midfield.

Seen him in back to back weeks for Livingston and he looks very comfortable at LB, getting forward and involved in attacks well.

The short, quick passing game seems to suit his game well and he's contributing to the side well, along with Kevin McCann at RB.

blackpoolhibs
18-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Seen him in back to back weeks for Livingston and he looks very comfortable at LB, getting forward and involved in attacks well.

The short, quick passing game seems to suit his game well and he's contributing to the side well, along with Kevin McCann at RB.

Kevin McCann at right back, i thought he was a centre half? :offski:

MB62
18-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Good to hear. I would like to see him back pushing for a first team place again, always liked what I saw of him but a crises of confidence seemed to affect the lad.

hungryhibs
18-03-2013, 04:14 PM

he is now playing in Ireland am told

jdships
18-03-2013, 05:11 PM
he is now playing in Ireland am told

:agree:

BEEJ
18-03-2013, 05:58 PM
There is a big difference though BEEJ.

Smith and Antell are out of contract, Booth has another three seasons.
:agree: Yup.

Leighonel
17-04-2013, 08:43 AM
Iv been thinking about nex seasons squad. Does anyome know if Callum Booth will be included in fenlons plans for next season?

J-C
17-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Don't think he's been a shining star since he went there, may be wrong but haven't really heard a thing about him all season, maybe found his level there, some players just don't go to the next level like we hoped, still think he'd be a decent left winger though.

number9dream
17-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Think he has two years left to run on his contract so he's more than likely to be back in the summer but don't know if he has really stood out at Livi.
One goal in 20 league starts. Been used a sub on 8 occasions, which may have been down to injury but may also suggest a dip in form at a lower level.
He's been at left-back, which will disappoint all of those suggesting he should be in midfield. Surely one of the many coaches he's had by now would have considered that!
He looked a certain star in the U19 team but hasn't pushed on and he'll be 22 in May.
Wee Pat may have already made his mind up about him but if he returns with a good attitude and maybe lifts a few weights in the holidays he could still make it.
Think we'll struggle to keep McGivern, so it's a position up for grabs.

Andy74
17-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Too nice, soft, fragile, whatever it is. He has ability so could do allright somewhere its a bit quieter.

Winston Ingram
17-04-2013, 11:57 AM
He was an absolute standout in triumphant u19 team:agree:

Brooster
17-04-2013, 12:02 PM
He was an absolute standout in triumphant u19 team:agree:

I would have to agree......then we found out he didnt have the desire, drive, dedication or commitment to take the next step. There's no doubt he has the ability though.

1987green
17-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Too nice, soft, fragile, whatever it is. He has ability so could do allright somewhere its a bit quieter.

I've been to quite a few Livi games this season and Boothy has been really poor. Still can't head the ball and gets run ragged by any wide player. Great going forward tho. Can't see him getting a game at Easter Road anytime soon

TheFamous1875
17-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I've been to quite a few Livi games this season and Boothy has been really poor. Still can't head the ball and gets run ragged by any wide player. Great going forward tho. Can't see him getting a game at Easter Road anytime soon

So basically, you're saying he's definitely a wide midfielder as opposed to a defender? Do you think him on the left and Harris on the right (or vice versa) would work? Or is his defending something that could be improved on with age, maturity and experience? I mind people used to moan at Whittaker's defending back in the day, and I can't think of a better right back we've had since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pretty Boy
17-04-2013, 01:59 PM
More to the point is he getting 25 tickets for the final like KT is?

DAVE1875
17-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Think it would depend if we are able to secure McGivern on a full-time deal or not

.Sean.
17-04-2013, 02:21 PM

Nonsense.

He's loads of time left on deal and he'll be back in the summer with a point to prove.

.Sean.
17-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Think it would depend if we are able to secure McGivern on a full-time deal or not

Absolutely no chance we'll be signing McGivern, he's on a huge wage.

southfieldhibby
17-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Not what I've heard..along the lines of £5K, not huge but maybe more than hibs would consider.

As for Booth, I forgot the laddie existed.Shame.

Andy74
17-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Nonsense.

He's loads of time left on deal and he'll be back in the summer with a point to prove.

What's the time left on his deal got to do with the fact that he's not got the right qualities to make it?

He might have a point to prove but he's not very well equipped to prove it.

scoopyboy
17-04-2013, 02:50 PM

He's on a huge wage for another 10 weeks then he's on no wage.

.Sean.
17-04-2013, 02:51 PM
What's the time left on his deal got to do with the fact that he's not got the right qualities to make it?

He might have a point to prove but he's not very well equipped to prove it.How's he 'not equipped' to prove it?

Stevie Reid
17-04-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Booth ends up a first team regular with us.

Leighonel
17-04-2013, 03:21 PM
How's he 'not equipped' to prove it?

My memory of him is that he had: good control, ability to go past a player, deceptively quick, excellent attacking technique and he always seemed to be good at slide tackles. He did tend to get beat by wingers who simply came inside then went back out or vice versa.

I would think that his flaws are things that can be corrected because he has the attributes to be a good footballer, it will be whether both he and Fenlon want to work on it.

Andy74
17-04-2013, 03:25 PM
How's he 'not equipped' to prove it?

I presume he's a mate?

Talent but not got it mentally. He's not a young boy but he's not tough enough.

Hibbylad86
17-04-2013, 03:31 PM
I presume he's a mate?

Agreed. There is something missing with Booth whether it is belief, attitude or just ability is anyones guess. When he has had his chances in the first team he never really stood up and took it.

He won't be near the starting 11 anytime soon IMO

superfurryhibby
17-04-2013, 03:31 PM
My memory of him is that he had: good control, ability to go past a player, deceptively quick, excellent attacking technique and he always seemed to be good at slide tackles. He did tend to get beat by wingers who simply came inside then went back out or vice versa.

I would think that his flaws are things that can be corrected because he has the attributes to be a good footballer, it will be whether both he and Fenlon want to work on it..

Agree, he has the talent necessary to be a decent SPL player. With regard to your last paragraph, you're spot on, his kind of flaws can be corrected by.................decent coaching. The poster who commented on Whittaker made a good analogy. He got pelters from sections of the support. Even though I was always a fan, I remember seeing him being ripped a new one by Maloney at ER and doubting that he would make it a right back. Funnilly enough he has matured into a premier league player and even uses his left foot when he plays out of position at left back.

Christ, Lewis Stevenson's still at ER and that says it all to me. Booth still has the chance to make it.

LeighLoyal
17-04-2013, 03:35 PM
when he first came on the scene he had a similar impact as harris is having now. A few swallows don't make a summer basically.

LioNeilMessi
17-04-2013, 03:41 PM
If he has time on his contract left then I'd like to see him given a chance to prove himself. Don't want another Martin Scott who's getting loaned out on the cheap (I'd imagine) for two years..

BonnieFitbaTeam
17-04-2013, 03:50 PM
If he has time on his contract left then I'd like to see him given a chance to prove himself. Don't want another Martin Scott who's getting loaned out on the cheap (I'd imagine) for two years..

Your second sentence is 12 words too long.

.Sean.
17-04-2013, 04:13 PM
I presume he's a mate?

And you'd know what he's like mentally aye?

HH81
17-04-2013, 05:13 PM
When was his last start for Hibs?

scoopyboy
17-04-2013, 05:18 PM
when was his last start for hibs?

qots

Billy Whizz
17-04-2013, 05:19 PM
When was his last start for Hibs?

Possibly QOS away in the League cup?

truehibernian
17-04-2013, 05:34 PM
I personally think Callum is a superb player, blighted by a few things, but more so that he came into a very very poor Hibernian side from a hugely successful, lauded group of young lads who probably all believed the localised hype and got a little cocky. I do remember the U19's at an event I was at, and it certainly wasn't Callum who looked like he lacked desire etc. He was quite a humble quiet laddie to be frank.

I've never seen him as a left back. He has a wand of a left foot, quick feet and great technical ability - he lacks pace defending in my humble opinion, but his quick mind has him an ideal left midfielder. He also has a wee bit of height about him - very like Murray Davidson in my opinion - I'd be keen to see him centrally and left mid, not at left back. His confidence was all over the place too, under Calderwood.

You have to remember, Callum didn't have the likes of Williams, McPake, Deegan and Maybury at the club - wise heads, older heads, ones who could talk him through his career. I think that makes a huge difference in a young players progression - Callum had a series of keepers (all *****), young Paul beside him who had the mantle of captain far too young, and a midfield which consisted of Tiger Lily drinkers not footballers.

I'd say give him a chance but only if he comes back fit, strong, straining at the leash to get his chance - because with hard work he could easily progress further. Hopefully he will be coming back to a confident, cup winning team, about to venture into Europe - what more incentive do you want to get the head down.

But not as a full back I'm afraid.

NOLA
17-04-2013, 10:45 PM
i liked callum when he got his starts at hibs but it appears his confidence took a bashing, he will come back and give it his all but hibs and young players with confidence issues dont tend to work out well sadly, whos the other left back we sent on loan? scott smith? how's his progress been? anyone know

BEEJ
18-04-2013, 09:09 AM
i liked callum when he got his starts at hibs but it appears his confidence took a bashing, he will come back and give it his all but hibs and young players with confidence issues dont tend to work out well sadly, whos the other left back we sent on loan? scott smith? how's his progress been? anyone know
Scott has been on loan at Dumbarton under Ian Murray since the beginning of January. He's made 16 first-team starts there since then.

A great wee player. And a much better contender for Hibs at the LB slot than Callum B in my humble opinion. His contract with Hibs is due for renewal in June and I hope he gets a new one.

Eyrie
18-04-2013, 06:34 PM
If we were linked with a squad player at a Division One club rather than a star player, most of us would be up in arms. So if Booth isn't an automatic pick at Livingston I find it hard to believe that he will be a good player for Hibs in the SPL. Time to move on from his potential and wish him well at a new club.

Billy Whizz
18-04-2013, 06:39 PM
If we were linked with a squad player at a Division One club rather than a star player, most of us would be up in arms. So if Booth isn't an automatic pick at Livingston I find it hard to believe that he will be a good player for Hibs in the SPL. Time to move on from his potential and wish him well at a new club.

Think he's got a bit left on his contract, so not as simple as that

JIm
18-04-2013, 07:00 PM
The lad is now 21/22 years old, no longer a kid but certainly got plenty time on his side. If given another chance i've no doubt he would do well providing its a team thats not battling it out at wrong end of the table. Put him in a team high on confidence and i've no doubt he will flourish again.

All this nonsense about not having it mentally? What exactly are these people referring to? Sounds like usual pish to me.

NOLA
19-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Scott has been on loan at Dumbarton under Ian Murray since the beginning of January. He's made 16 first-team starts there since then.

A great wee player. And a much better contender for Hibs at the LB slot than Callum B in my humble opinion. His contract with Hibs is due for renewal in June and I hope he gets a new one.
good to hear that, hope when he comes back his fitness isn't in doubt :wink:

Billychaotic182
16-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Callum Booth looked like he was going to be a big player for us. nicknamed Mini Bale. But all his promise has fizzled out. What I want to know is really what's the problem? Bad attitude? Keen on the Bevy? Lazy? Or just a player who is low on confidence? So anyone in the know or who may even now him want to spill? And who thinks he could still do a job.

JMac
16-05-2013, 11:45 PM
From what I know, not "ITK" at all, he has a bad attitude in that he's lazy etc, him and Fenlon don't get on

Since90+2
17-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Does there have to be some underlying reason other than he is not good enough at SPL level?

Ozyhibby
17-05-2013, 05:46 AM
Is he doing the business at Livingston? Are there clubs lining up to sign him? No?
Probably just not good enough.

scoopyboy
17-05-2013, 05:48 AM
I think he's getting a bad name for something that's not really merited.

He's a laid back individual which can be confused with lazy.

However when he starts pre season he has to work really hard to save his career. It is there for him but he has to grab it with both hands before it's too late.

Drink and substance issues are nonsense.

Hibercelona
17-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Sorry, but you can't be a laid back or relaxed footballer in the SPL. It's all about toughness and fitness levels in this league.

Either he mans up, or he ships out.

Beefster
17-05-2013, 05:52 AM
He's a laid back individual which can be confused with lazy.

You'll know way more than me about Booth but I'm not sure that's accurate (most of the time). I know plenty of guys that are laid back in that absolutely nothing phases them whatsoever but, when the time comes, roll up their sleeves and work as hard as anyone else. He's either working hard enough or he isn't IMHO.

Nothing [about football] upsets me more than stories of young players who waste their potential by having the wrong mindset.

.Sean.
17-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Here we go again.

calumhibee1
17-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Can't see booth getting anywhere near the team next season. Not good enough.

Hibbylad86
17-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Here we go again.

Sean,

From your stern defence of Callum I assume he is a good mate? I am not getting at you here but why do these stories keep turning up or rumours or whatever it is you want to call it? There always seem to be something, whether it is laziness, doesn''t get on with Fenlon, likes a bevy etc. I am not saying any of those are true etc but something doesn't seem quite right.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2013, 07:32 AM
Can't see booth getting anywhere near the team next season. Not good enough.

The Callum Booth that 1st came into the team was certainly good enough, now i don't know why he's lost his form but that player was terrific.

I'd like to see him try and get back to that form, because that player would be a real asset to the club.

calumhibee1
17-05-2013, 07:43 AM
The Callum Booth that 1st came into the team was certainly good enough, now i don't know why he's lost his form but that player was terrific.

I'd like to see him try and get back to that form, because that player would be a real asset to the club.

The Booth that broke in is definitely good enough. I think we have another Wotherspoon situation on our hands though, just dont think he's going to come back and cut it. By all accounts he's been fairly average in an average 1st division team. If the rumours are true about McGivern signing on again next season then he's no chance IMO.

blackpoolhibs
17-05-2013, 07:47 AM
The Booth that broke in is definitely good enough. I think we have another Wotherspoon situation on our hands though, just dont think he's going to come back and cut it. By all accounts he's been fairly average in an average 1st division team. If the rumours are true about McGivern signing on again next season then he's no chance IMO.

I only saw him once this season, in a match in Belgium. He came on at HT, and i did think he was woeful.

Yet saying that, he does have a couple of years left at least on his contract, i hope he does his best to try and get that early promise back, and show us the player we all want him to be.

The Sea-gull
17-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I've no problem with Booth coming back. If he can recapture his form of two years ago then he could more than do a job for us.

We are going to need a left back if we can't sign McGivern though I am not sure Booth will ever be good enough in that position to be first choice at Hibs.

No problem with him coming back as a squad player as cover for the first choice left back or coming in and playing in midfield now and again just to see how he gets on. No harm in that.

He was fairly decent going forward from what I can remember. Bit of pace, hitting the bye line, making decent runs and crosses. Reasonable eye for goal too, looks like he could weigh in with a couple per season which shouldn't be sniffed at given the amount of players we have who look capabale of weighing in with 0 a season.

Jones28
17-05-2013, 10:44 AM
If McGivern signs I can't see there being any room for him tbh. Maybury, McGivern and Stevenson can all play left back, then there's Sam Stanton and Harris at left mid, as well as Paul cairney.

Billy Whizz
17-05-2013, 11:10 AM
If McGivern signs I can't see there being any room for him tbh. Maybury, McGivern and Stevenson can all play left back, then there's Sam Stanton and Harris at left mid, as well as Paul cairney.

And Liam Craig. May be best to send him out on loan again for a season, as he's still under contract

scoopyboy
17-05-2013, 11:39 AM
Sorry, but you can't be a laid back or relaxed footballer in the SPL. It's all about toughness and fitness levels in this league.

Either he mans up, or he ships out.

Sorry, but your reply is garbage.

He is a laid back guy off the pitch, that doesn't mean however he isn't fit or tough enough to play in the SPL. He has shown he can or would you disagree with that as well?

superfurryhibby
17-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Booth has the skills to make it in the SPL, of that there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever. Whether he has the mentality seems to be another matter. I'm desperate to see him come back to ER and make a left sided berth his own. Left back is likely to be up for grabs and no matter what, we need a squad for a decent season. Booth can play left mid and maybe that's where he is most likely to make an impression? Craig is right footed and so is Harris , I like a left footer in the wide left positions and both those guys can play elsewhere.