PDA

View Full Version : 51 years and counting ...

MrSmith
17-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Ya beauty! St. Mirren! :cb:cb

Russ
17-03-2013, 03:58 PM
The headlines over in yamasoraus LMFAO........... GIRFUY........:greengrin

Glory Lurker
17-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Aye, that's why they were going nuts in the last few minutes. It was obvious that it meant absolutely nothing to them :greengrin

Green Man
17-03-2013, 04:05 PM
51 years, I wondered what all those hand gestures from the yams were all about.

HIBERNIAN-0762
17-03-2013, 04:07 PM

:applause: :aok:

hibby rae
17-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Aye, that's why they were going nuts in the last few minutes. It was obvious that it meant absolutely nothing to them :greengrin

I know, the camera didn't cut to a shot of a Jambo greeting. Nope. :na na:

17-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Spoke to my jambo mate last week and he was telling me how its just as good as winning the scottish cup and how they will win it etc etc.

His facebook status 4 minutes ago - "just a wee diddy cup, who the hell even cares, hearts are too big to bother about the mickey mouse cup. 5-1 in the big one so get it up ye hobos!"

:faf::faf::faf::fenlon:brokenyam::jamboclow:ostric h:

EdinMike
17-03-2013, 04:15 PM
Spoke to my jambo mate last week and he was telling me how its just as good as winning the scottish cup and how they will win it etc etc.

His facebook status 4 minutes ago - "just a wee diddy cup, who the hell even cares, hearts are too big to bother about the mickey mouse cup. 5-1 in the big one so get it up ye hobos!"

But we all knew no matter what the result, it would either be "Biggest and Best team in Edinburgh"

or

"Nah we didnae want to win it.."

Deluded fuds, hope they go out and enjoy Irelands national Saints day ! On second thoughts, yir no invited !! :bye:

CallumLaidlaw
17-03-2013, 04:15 PM

Just trying to cover up the hurt that anyone would have in losing a cup final. Need to take the defeat like a man!!

The_Sauz
17-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Would that be 51 years since the won the LC

:wink:

Gerard
17-03-2013, 04:20 PM
:applause: :aok:

5-1 I wonder why this is such a popular number?:not worth:not worth:devil:

Russ
17-03-2013, 04:23 PM

Lol only from a yam. They were all set to be double cup holders for the first time in their history. Again I say girfuy and HAPPY St Patricks Day :greengrin

LeighLoyal
17-03-2013, 04:25 PM
That 5-1 will soon belong to oldco Hertz but... :thumbsup:

17-03-2013, 04:27 PM
em excuse me guys big huge mighty clubs like hearts don't WANT to win wee diddy cups anyway dont you know!

:greengrin:fenlon

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2013, 04:27 PM
To be fair to Hearts fans it is pretty much small beer in excitement levels compared to the lively post-season they can anticipate.

rcarter1
17-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Absolutely brilliant. My get out of jail card on this was that if they won, they would either re evaluate the value of the League Cup, or they would be forced not to celebrate. This is even better, 1-0 up and ya mucked it up.....

Pretty Boy
17-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Surely a massive club like Hearts could win a diddy cup whenever they fancied.

I know they treat it with disdain and all but eventheir big rivals Celtic have won it the odd time in that 51 years.

Baldy Foghorn
17-03-2013, 04:33 PM
So they did not want to win the diddy cup.....Just as well they never then:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Green forever
17-03-2013, 04:39 PM
So that will be 400,000 not buying the DVD then ?

TrinityHibs
17-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Am I right in saying that they dont actually possess both national cups? I am sure I read somewhere that they were the first team outside the OF to hold both cups. :greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-03-2013, 04:45 PM
You've no won the diddy cup

diddy cup diddy cup

You've no won the diddy cup

since 1962

Ken Dodd kens whats going on. :wink:

EdinMike
17-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Am I right in saying that they dont actually possess both national cups? I am sure I read somewhere that they were the first team outside the OF to hold both cups. :greengrin:greengrin

Cupcakes mate, was always about baking Cupcakes...

http://www.indulgencecupcakecompany.co.uk/cupcake-images/our-cupcakes/gluten-free-cupcake.jpg

CallumLaidlaw
17-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Just goes to show what a disrespectful ignorant bunch of tools they are. Even Celtic and Oldco Rangers with all their trophies, never came out with crap like "we're too good to win it anyway". A trophy is a trophy.

17-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Just goes to show what a disrespectful ignorant bunch of tools they are. Even Celtic and Oldco Rangers with all their trophies, never came out with crap like "we're too good to win it anyway". A trophy is a trophy.

Exactly, deluded, arrogant bunch of vermin!

but oh well all is barry because they have 5-1 eh!

:fenlon:jamboclow:ostrich::vladsheep::brokenyam:

lapsedhibee
17-03-2013, 05:12 PM

You probably saw it printed on a t-shirt. That's how I found out they were double-winners in 1986.

HFC07
17-03-2013, 05:17 PM

:na na:

Boyle89
17-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Haha! 51 years, a truely embarrassing statistic for a big club..

James.
17-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Passed Hampden on my way to the Rocks' game this evening. Lots of glum Jambos heading back to their coaches! A lovely scene!

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2013, 08:31 PM
...now we can concentrate fully on their forthcoming unraveling.

(And the SC of course.)

lapsedhibee
17-03-2013, 08:46 PM

hfc rd
17-03-2013, 08:51 PM
That's crazy. I never knew big clubs have trophy droughts for that long. Have they even won their promised Champions League trophy yet? Or is that another trophy drought?

GreenCastle
17-03-2013, 08:58 PM
No doubt in work tomorrow the yams will be saying it was a wee cup / diddy cup - well easy comeback.....why can't you win it then if it's so small or insignificant?

We have won it 3 times since they won it! :na na:

hihohibby
17-03-2013, 09:04 PM
:hahaha:If we keep this up it will be the Hobos that will be doing the 51

Ha ha. I lifted the above from the Jambos kickback match thread. Prophetic words indeed!

GreenCastle
17-03-2013, 09:08 PM
:hahaha:If we keep this up it will be the Hobos that will be doing the 51

Ha ha. I lifted the above from the Jambos kickback match thread. Prophetic words indeed!

"Tell all the yams you know - it's 51 years in a row
You said you don't care -so why were you all there?
It's 51 years in a row"

:greengrin

Barman Stanton
17-03-2013, 09:13 PM
It's 51 years in a row"

Brilliant

hfc rd
17-03-2013, 09:14 PM
It's 51 years in a row"

Pure brilliant!

GreenCastle
17-03-2013, 09:35 PM
He should have scored one...he should have scored 2....he's worse than Nade...he's Michael Ngoooo :greengrin

18-03-2013, 08:09 AM
One of my absolute favourite yam quotes of the day - "who cares about the diddy cup? only wee teams like the hobos cream themselves over winning it. We are a big club and don't silly ourselves playing for a wee toy cup like that. Every big club lets a wee club have their day n win it, just like celtic did for Killmarnock last year. We still have 5-1 in the BIG cup"

When I first read this I genuinly could not quite believe what I was seeing. Once again, hiding behind 5-1 and also the sheer and utter arrogance and delusion! The way they celebrated when they scored shows they very much wanted to win it so all this "we don't care" patter is utter bull. And the fact they believe they let St Mirren win as they don't care enough about the cup as they are such a huge mighty club! Even their big hun brothers and celtic who win the league cup very often as well as the league, scottish cup and do well in Europe a lot of the time don't come out with all that pish about "we don't care about the wee cup as we are far too superior". A trophy is a trophy and they would absolutly love to have it sitting in their trophy cabinet right now. They had an open top bus parade planned, if they were soo huge and didn't give a toss about winning it then why would they want to parade it round the streets of Gorgie, surely for such a mighty huge club parading a wee insignificant diddy cup is embarrasing and only something wee clubs do :confused:

:fenlon:fenlon:fenlon

Northern Hibby
18-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I think all hearts fans I know now have some sort of rare form of "Numerical Tourettes" and just randomly shout out numbers mostly 5,1, 9, 0, & 2 anybody else found this :wink:

Jack Hackett
18-03-2013, 08:35 PM
The bbc website are still running a piece with the headline
John Robertson urges Hearts to seize cup final chanceThere's a comment from a Buddies fan

"If St Mirren's key players play like they did in the semi-final then Hearts have no chance if Samson, Goodwin, Teale, McGowan, McGinn, Goncalves and Thompson all come close to the top of their game."

The sheer arrogance of these monkeys is clear from this reply from one of their roasters

"I am sure the Hearts players will be quivering in their boots at the very mention of these Superstars!!"

Just one of the reasons I detest them. It's a real shame the comments are now closed

Archie70
18-03-2013, 08:53 PM
It's 51 years in a row"

Tell all the yams you know - it's flour and milk that makes dough
You used to buy players - now you make chocolate eclairs
and mad vlad has said cheerio!

hfcpaul
18-03-2013, 09:54 PM
I was in tesco's a couple of hours ago at gracemount , all I could hear was one of the guys stacking the shelves - didn't want to win it , glad st mirren won the diddy cup . We still won the sc 5-1 .

What an absolute flanny !!

When I walked round to where he was his supervisor was telling him to shut up .

Ringothedog
19-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Statistically their record in the League cup is on a par with ours in the Scottish Cup. Of course that will all change in May:greengrin