PDA

View Full Version : The Football League Show

StevieC
17-03-2013, 12:29 AM
I suspect a lot of supporters change the channel (or head to their beds) after MOTD, but The Football League Show is an excellent round up of the lower leagues.

The highlight of tonight's show was watching Barry Ferguson getting booted in the head. :wink:

Seriously though, it's all goals goals goals .. and lots of old faces as former Premiership players drop down through the leagues.

SaulGoodman
17-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Straight to the point, quick discussion and then on to the next game. No bias, good discussion.

Exactly what Sportscene isn't!

Hibercelona
17-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Straight to the point, quick discussion and then on to the next game. No bias, good discussion.

Exactly what Sportscene isn't!

Actually, what annoys me about sportscene isn't an issue of them being bias, it's their reluctance to say anything controversal whatsoever.

They bring guest "stars" onto the show to hear their viewpoints. Yet, they can't share their viewpoints from the fear of saying anything out of the ordinary. So instead, we get guests coming onto the show who all come out with the same old boring clinches, as not to stir up any controversy.

It's like everything on the show is being read from a script, written by someone with zero personality.

StevieC
17-03-2013, 01:42 AM
The highlight of tonight's show was watching Barry Ferguson getting booted in the head. :wink:

I should have added, it was team mate and former Hibs player Osborne that delivered the volley to the head. :wink:

Seriously though, it's all goals goals goals .. and lots of old faces as former Premiership players drop down through the leagues.

Or no goals goals goals, in the case of Rob Jones, who missed a good opportunity to win the game for Doncaster.

Pete
17-03-2013, 02:03 AM
I suspect a lot of supporters change the channel (or head to their beds) after MOTD, but The Football League Show is an excellent round up of the lower leagues.

Managers too.

It's interesting seeing what sort of clubs are in each league. In each division you have a few clubs who you would say easily belong at least a division higher and are punching well below their weight, while you also have some clubs with really small grounds with small fanbases. You wonder where we would fit in if we were to join the English pyramid and attracted a bit of investment.

Interesting hearing about Walsalls philosophies and ticket pricing. Imagine actually getting £2 for every match you attend!:not worth

Keith_M
17-03-2013, 12:22 PM
if we were to join the English pyramid and attracted a bit of investment.

Sad to say but I'm so p*ssed off with football in Scotland that I'd welcome league amalgamation. I can't seriously see anyone making massive investment in Hibs but with our current set up, I don't see why we couldn't be Championship level, maybe occasionally League 1 but probably not Premiership (though you never know, an odd season here and there). I actually would find that preferable to our current scenario.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2013, 12:28 PM

:agree: great show, often watch it, more straight talking unbiased football commentary than anything I hear on Scottish programmes, generally more enjoyable than EPL highlights too and I don't think there's many better pundits than Steve Claridge.