PDA

View Full Version : NHC Best fans in the World - 13 Arrested

macca70
16-03-2013, 09:12 PM
** Arrests at Green Brigade protest **
Thirteen arrests are made as a march to Celtic Park by the Green Brigade group of fans is broken up by police.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21813699

monktonharp
16-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Thirteen arrests are made as a march to Celtic Park by the Green Brigade group of fans is broken up by police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21813699so, ? cant see anything.what's this got tae do wi' the buses goin' up the mound?

rcarter1
16-03-2013, 09:50 PM

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-21813699

The downside of losing your main rivals? They've got to nash their teeth at something else - like their own club..

bod
16-03-2013, 10:01 PM
http://taboard.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=144078

.Sean.
16-03-2013, 10:03 PM
The Green Brigade are ********s.

God Petrie
16-03-2013, 10:30 PM
To be fair they were treated poorly.

Sir David Gray
16-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Don't know why anyone should be surprised by this behaviour to be honest.

The Green Brigade is an embarrassment to Celtic as a club and the quicker they realise that the better for all concerned.

LancashireHibby
16-03-2013, 11:00 PM
A bunch of fannies, of course, but 200 officers and a helicopter is a staggering 'use' of resources.

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Theyve been charged with an 'illegal street procession' :dunno: and some mention of covering their faces up too. Shocking.

StevesFamau5
16-03-2013, 11:31 PM
I know one or two members and the persecution act amazes me. In fact I had such a raging argument over it I nearly burst a blood vessel. It was like they were being persecuted for being humans. I though the yams were deluded some of the gb are ten times worse.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

JIm
16-03-2013, 11:45 PM
The harrassment of the Green Brigade this year has been nothing short of shocking IMHO.

Like them or loathe them (they are pricks) they've had to deal with a lot of **** this year from the police/focus/Celtic themselves.

silverhibee
16-03-2013, 11:52 PM
They are allowed megaphones in darkheid too. :cool2:

SurferRosa
17-03-2013, 12:43 AM
They are as big a shower of bigots as their counterparts at Hunbrox. They set out on an unapproved march to provoke the police into action so they could bleat about it. They deserve nothing but our contempt......f*** every one of them.

Hibercelona
17-03-2013, 01:24 AM
It's not like they just broke the march up for no reason. They were actually going to allow the march, if they had remained on the pavements and on course to the stadium.

The police got involved, because the "green brigade" are a group of fandans who broke the regulations and were trying to stir up a fuss.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Whats the diffrrence between this march and the unofficical, unauthorised corteos we have organised to Tynecastle in recent seasons?

Double standards just because it's Celtic.

Pete
17-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Whats the diffrrence between this march and the unofficical, unauthorised corteos we have organised to Tynecastle in recent seasons?

Perhaps a political element that the police don't like?:dunno:

Don't know much about the green brigade so only guessing. Kettling and helicopters seems extremely harsh though...and wasteful!

Iggy Pope
17-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Spare yer time and get down to the Coogate in the morning to pay your proper respects. 'Shameful' 'gnashing' blahblah****ingblah.
EGB

Hibercelona
17-03-2013, 03:06 AM

The difference being that they were causing traffic disturbances on the road, which the police told them to avoid

If they had done what they were told by staying on the pavement and keeping their singing/chanting relevant to the game that they were going to, then their march would have continued without any fuss.

Don't make them out to be victims here. They certainly weren't.

Pretty Boy
17-03-2013, 05:43 AM
The difference being that they were causing traffic disturbances on the road, which the police told them to avoid

If they had done what they were told by staying on the pavement and keeping their singing/chanting relevant to the game that they were going to, then their march would have continued without any fuss.

Because Hibs fans observed the green cross code during our corteos.

I'm not making Celtic the victims, they manage thay fine themselves. I'm simply pointing out a little bit hypocrisy. After the last corteo to Tynecastle a couple of posters in here, not me by the eay, quesyioned some of the behaviour and were shot down and told to man up etc. When it's another team suddenly some people become all responsible and quick to have a go because the big, bad fans done really bad stuff like walking on the road.

IWasThere2016
17-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Hopefully the Polis are just putting in some practice before battering plenty Yams later the day :agree:

Steve-O
17-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Policing around football in Scotland is an utter joke. They have too much of a say IMO.

wearethehibs
17-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Lets face it All Cops Are B**tards!

That is all

Winston Ingram
17-03-2013, 08:42 AM
The harrassment of the Green Brigade this year has been nothing short of shocking IMHO.

Like them or loathe them (they are pricks) they've had to deal with a lot of **** this year from the police/focus/Celtic themselves.

Harassment? They're breaking the law. That's the police doing their job is it not?:confused:

This lot have been spouting out sectarian bile for decades. I for one am delighted the police are finally doing something about these morons:agree:

lyonhibs
17-03-2013, 08:43 AM
The Green Brigade will be supplying 300 black t-shirts bearing the slogan 'The banned Bhoys stand with us' and these will be distributed to section members.

FFS. Celtc FC supporters - redefining "Cringeworthy" since 1888

Winston Ingram
17-03-2013, 08:44 AM

:agree:

Betty Boop
17-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Because Hibs fans observed the green cross code during our corteos.

I'm not making Celtic the victims, they manage thay fine themselves. I'm simply pointing out a little bit hypocrisy. After the last corteo to Tynecastle a couple of posters in here, not me by the eay, quesyioned some of the behaviour and were shot down and told to man up etc. When it's another team suddenly some people become all responsible and quick to have a go because the big, bad fans done really bad stuff like walking on the road.

:agree: Apparently you now need a license to hold a corteo, which is viewed by the police as illegal, only static protests are allowed without paperwork.

Hermit Crab
17-03-2013, 09:30 AM
It was on Facebook that they for hemmed in after fighting with Aberdeen fans in the gallowgate and there was an attempted stabbing of a police officer. Two Celtic fans arrested with knives.

lyonhibs
17-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Not wishing to get this thread off topic, but if you think that our last corteo from The Murrayfield Hotel down to Tynie at year wasn't causing a traffic disturbance and stuck rigidly to the pavement then you are decidedly wrong.

YehButNoBut
17-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Seems a staggering over use of police resources.

http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1768789.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/15077224_Strathclyde%20Police%20Kettle%20Celtic%20 Green%20Brigade%20fans%2016-03-2013%20Gallowgate%20Glasgow-1768789.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-fans-fury-green-brigade-1768826?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hainan Hibs
17-03-2013, 10:03 AM
This was the best result for the "GB", they can go on for months about the injustice of it all, building up the "victim" status that seemed impossibly big even before this event.

Their level of mock outrage just about hides the joy they have over the events.

I'm_cabbaged
17-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Not wishing to get this thread off topic, but if you think that our last corteo from The Murrayfield Hotel down to Tynie at year wasn't causing a traffic disturbance and stuck rigidly to the pavement then you are decidedly wrong.

I nearly ran one of them over traveling in the other direction. Nodding smiley

LeighLoyal
17-03-2013, 10:15 AM
how come none of the recent hun marches and protests werent broken up? Has a whiff of sectarianism to me.

PiemanP
17-03-2013, 10:35 AM
The green brigade are a politically motivated bunch of biggots, there are IRA undertones in pretty much everything they do.

I'm sure this is exactly the reaction they would have wanted from the police too. Can make them selves out to be treated badly/victimised etc etc.

Re the corteo from roseburn to the Tynecastle - if those are the laws in the article then it is illegal, however it's on the only route for away fans to get into the stadium so these fans would have to make that journey anyways, plus ill bet you the hibs fans are a hell of a lot better mannered and behaved than anything from Glasgow.

Hibernia&Alba
17-03-2013, 10:35 AM
It does seem rather OTT from the police. That's a lot of resources used to police a tiny march to the stadium, which by all accounts was peaceful. We may not have any liking for the individuals involved, but freedom of association is a fundamental civil liberty in a free country, and is something we must safeguard.

Winston Ingram
17-03-2013, 10:53 AM
It does seem rather OTT from the police. That's a lot of resources used to police a tiny march to the stadium, which by all accounts was peaceful. We may not have any liking for the individuals involved, but freedom of association is a fundamental civil liberty in a free country, and is something we must safeguard.

To be fair we do only have their side of it plus the 'let's not run the risk of offending any OF fans' approach of the Daily Record.

I'd imagine the sort of characters who move with this group aren't likely to be the most law abiding and that being the case makes take their side of things with a pinch of salt

KdyHby
17-03-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzeLbIz7jOE&feature=player_embedded

hibee_nation
17-03-2013, 11:18 AM
The polis should have lobbed in a cs canister right in the middle of them, see how they like it. :aok:

Antifa Hibs
17-03-2013, 11:19 AM
You could say fair play to the Green Brigade yesterday, very well played infact. They've released some cracking statements over the months about the treatment of fans. They recently announce they're holding a protest march to highlight police harrassment, then 200 police turn up and kettle them in. On social media, blogs etc etc its getting alot of awareness by politicians, liberty/anti police/freespeech groups, lawyers and what have you. Even alot of fans down south aware off it.

The mentality of some posters on this thread just sums up how thick Jock fitba fans are. There will be hundreds of posts on this very forum about the treatment of Hibs supporters at Parkhead, yet somehow cos its Celtic fans they deserve it cos they've big bad bigots yadda yadda. :rolleyes:

Antifa Hibs
17-03-2013, 11:24 AM
The green brigade are a politically motivated bunch of biggots, there are IRA undertones in pretty much everything they do.

Try educating yourself young man. Very very worrying that your trying to justify the police actions because they are politically motivated. Very worrying indeed.

I'm sure this is exactly the reaction they would have wanted from the police too. Can make them selves out to be treated badly/victimised etc etc.

Re the corteo from roseburn to the Tynecastle - if those are the laws in the article then it is illegal, however it's on the only route for away fans to get into the stadium so these fans would have to make that journey anyways, plus ill bet you the hibs fans are a hell of a lot better mannered and behaved than anything from Glasgow.

You ever been to Parkhead? The area there in is the Gallowgate, Celtic Celtic Celtic everywhere, one of the main routes into Parkhead, so your last point is utter bollocks aswell.

As above

DC_Hibs
17-03-2013, 11:28 AM
As above

We'll get a balanced viewpoint from you right enough. Sames responses if it was the kiddy on Ultras from the other side?? I think not.

Keep Politics theout of football.

Winston Ingram
17-03-2013, 11:30 AM
You could say fair play to the Green Brigade yesterday, very well played infact. They've released some cracking statements over the months about the treatment of fans. They recently announce they're holding a protest march to highlight police harrassment, then 200 police turn up and kettle them in. On social media, blogs etc etc its getting alot of awareness by politicians, liberty/anti police/freespeech groups, lawyers and what have you. Even alot of fans down south aware off it.

The mentality of some posters on this thread just sums up how thick Jock fitba fans are. There will be hundreds of posts on this very forum about the treatment of Hibs supporters at Parkhead, yet somehow cos its Celtic fans they deserve it cos they've big bad bigots yadda yadda. :rolleyes:

The posts aren't because they are Celtic fans, it's the fact that these are the sectarian arm of the Celtic fans that have got away with their bigotted pish for decades.A huge portion of actual Celtic fans are right behind the police on this.

They may have got publicity and the politicians will now asked why they are being 'harrased'. The response will be, 'they'll no let us sing wit we want!'. Case closed

Antifa Hibs
17-03-2013, 11:31 AM
We'll get a balanced viewpoint from you right enough. Sames responses if it was the kiddy on Ultras from the other side??
I think not.

Keep Politics the ****** out of football.

I agree, it should be. However because they are politcally motivated doesn't warrant that treatment.

PS - the hun group the union bears have had similar treatment. Don't think its to do with politics/sectarianism (why would they bother now?) but more to do with the police not liking the "Ultra" movement thats growing through there and wanting to smash it before it gets even bigger.

Antifa Hibs
17-03-2013, 11:33 AM
The posts aren't because they are Celtic fans, it's the fact that these are the sectarian arm of the Celtic fans that have got away with their bigotted pish for decades.A huge portion of actual Celtic fans are right behind the police on this.

They may have got publicity and the politicians will now asked why they are being 'harrased'. The response will be, 'they'll no let us sing wit we want!'. Case closed

Being against the British Army/poppy isn't sectarian.

Like I said above the Union Bears have also had it (albeit not quite as bad).

Be interesting to see if both could put their differences aside for this one!!?

silverhibee
17-03-2013, 11:36 AM
I nearly ran one of them over traveling in the other direction. Nodding smiley

Nearly is not good enough, must try harder the next time. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
17-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Being against the British Army/poppy isn't sectarian.

Like I said above the Union Bears have also had it (albeit not quite as bad).

Be interesting to see if both could put their differences aside for this one!!?

It's not, but that's only a small part of it. They aren't being tackled for just the poppy stuff.

I've no idea what the Union Bears have had or if it is any worse. I'm sure they would bleat that it's worse than what the Green Brigade get and vice versa

The fact is their trumpeting of sectarianism is illegal and the police are finally doing something about it:agree:

I'm_cabbaged
17-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Nearly is not good enough, must try harder the next time. :greengrin

Ah ken, bunch of noisy fekers. I thought it was a ship in distress with all the flares as well :)

hibeedonald
17-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Seemed harsh. There was a photo on twitter with a Police officer pinning a 12 year old boy against the fence circulating.

Vini1875
17-03-2013, 12:39 PM
What ever you think about the GB the police were well out of order. Make no mistake we are all being treated poorly by them as football fans. They use their power against us over and over without any justification other than we are football fans. One example is videoing and photgraphing of fans outside the Roseburn which I have witnessed a few times with no explanantion as to why this ought to happen.

The GB may well be fannys, but the fact is the police can use their powers in a variety of ways, but when it comes to football fans heavy handed seems to be the first course of action. They would not stop an Orange funeral or break up a 'fleg protest' in Belfast, but when it comes to football fans they wade right in. If they had left them alone and let 200 fans walk to a game no one would have even noticed.

silverhibee
17-03-2013, 12:41 PM

Got to disagree with you H&A, this wasn't ever going to be a peaceful march, the GB were offered to march to the ground as long as they kept to the pavement by the police, GB decided against this, they were looking for a reaction from the police and got it as if they were proving there point that they are being harassed by the glesgae polis and the PF, this was a march in protest at the GBs comrades :rolleyes: being banned from darkheid, seemingly there has been a number of incidents at darkheid this season where stewards and police have been assaulted while trying to remove members of GB from the ground for there backing and singing of a terrorist group and setting of flares as well, they are pissed off because the celtc support are turning against them and they have took the huff, if the club are not going to do anything about them then it seems that the police will.

Barney McGrew
17-03-2013, 12:43 PM
If they had left them alone and let 200 fans walk to a game no one would have even noticed.

The Police gave them the chance to do just that.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Seems a staggering over use of police resources.

http://i3.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1768789.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/15077224_Strathclyde%20Police%20Kettle%20Celtic%20 Green%20Brigade%20fans%2016-03-2013%20Gallowgate%20Glasgow-1768789.jpg

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-fans-fury-green-brigade-1768826?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

:agree: Cracking Hokey cokey though by the looks of it

macca70
17-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Exactly, if folk are knowingly or deliberately braking the law, I'm fully behind the police dealing with it by whatever means they feel is sufficient.

Couldnae careless if they were Hibs fans, Celtic fans, rangers fans. If the Police believe they are breaking the law or have intentions of breaking the law then appropriate action should be taken and if that means kettling 200 of them then so be it.

Bostonhibby
17-03-2013, 12:54 PM

:agree: This

Killiehibbie
17-03-2013, 01:02 PM
The authorities will have looked at the ultra movement in Europe, especially Italy, and decided it won't happen here.

LeighLoyal
17-03-2013, 01:09 PM
Not much in the way of freedom and liberty in this county in my opinion. If there was no violence, aggression or intimidation planned then they should be able to associate freely. This wasn't a mob of 1980's style hooligans out for a ruck.

macca70
17-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Not much in the way of freedom and liberty in this county in my opinion. If there was no violence, aggression or intimidation planned then they should be able to associate freely. This wasn't a mob of 1980's style hooligans out for a ruck.

So we just allow the general public to completely disregard Police orders and do as they wish.

Zero Tolerance is exactly how this situation needs to be policed. Why do the Green Brigade think they are above the law and can march though streets in an extremely aggressive and intimidating manner singing sectarian rubbish.

Winston Ingram
17-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Were you there?

Dashing Bob S
17-03-2013, 02:20 PM
The police and authorities in general in the UK, have, since the Thatcher era, been paranoid about any sort of mass mobilization of people for any sort of reason.

It's probably for even longer than that, going back to the British establishments fear of the Victorian 'mob'.

Make of that what you will.

Betty Boop
17-03-2013, 02:23 PM
The police and authorities in general in the UK, have, since the Thatcher era, been paranoid about any sort of mass mobilization of people for any sort of reason.

It's probably for even longer than that, going back to the British establishments fear of the Victorian 'mob'.

Make of that what you will.

:agree: Wait till the Bedroom Tax kicks in on April 1st.

hibsbollah
17-03-2013, 02:46 PM
What ever you think about the GB the police were well out of order. Make no mistake we are all being treated poorly by them as football fans. They use their power against us over and over without any justification other than we are football fans. One example is videoing and photgraphing of fans outside the Roseburn which I have witnessed a few times with no explanantion as to why this ought to happen.

The GB may well be fannys, but the fact is the police can use their powers in a variety of ways, but when it comes to football fans heavy handed seems to be the first course of action. They would not stop an Orange funeral or break up a 'fleg protest' in Belfast, but when it comes to football fans they wade right in. If they had left them alone and let 200 fans walk to a game no one would have even noticed.

Great post. Its possible to object to a creeping police state and dislike the GB at the same time.

Sir David Gray
17-03-2013, 03:08 PM
To be fair we do only have their side of it plus the 'let's not run the risk of offending any OF fans' approach of the Daily Record.

I'd imagine the sort of characters who move with this group aren't likely to be the most law abiding and that being the case makes take their side of things with a pinch of salt

:agree: Yep.

I think all you need to do is read their statement beforehand to realise what their intentions were. All the talk about making sure that all of the people taking part in the march were in possession of a camera to film the police and to be "mindful of their actions" suggests to me that they weren't just intending on having a nice wee procession from the Gallowgate to Parkhead yesterday.

The Green Brigade are typical of so many far left groups, organisations and individuals these days in that they have ulterior motives in everything that they do and they love nothing more than to provoke the police and push them as far as they can in order to get a reaction out of them.

Once the police do react, they then act like the victims and go away bleating to the media about police brutality and over reactions and such like.

There are occasions when the authorities do overstep the mark with football supporters and they are harshly dealt with sometimes but as far as the Green Brigade is concerned, I've got no sympathy for them at all.

Perhaps if their members didn't sing songs about terrorist groups at a football match then they wouldn't find themselves banned from going to Parkhead.

Just a thought.

Just Alf
17-03-2013, 03:25 PM

agreed!

One of our enginners was in a van on that road and saw a car getting it's mirrors kicked off...... gotta say if it was mine i'd be pi**ed if the polis didn't do something about it!

and just to be really clear the police presence only picked up when the Gb refused to do their march along the pavements with the police already there clearing the path for them...... they (the GB) were looking for this confrontation all along :rolleyes:

Betty Boop
17-03-2013, 03:35 PM

I think all you need to do is read their statement beforehand to realise what their intentions were. All the talk about making sure that all of the people taking part in the march were in possession of a camera to film the police and to be "mindful of their actions" suggests to me that they weren't just intending on having a nice wee procession from the Gallowgate to Parkhead yesterday.

The Green Brigade are typical of so many far left groups, organisations and individuals these days in that they have ulterior motives in everything that they do and they love nothing more than to provoke the police and push them as far as they can in order to get a reaction out of them.

Once the police do react, they then act like the victims and go away bleating to the media about police brutality and over reactions and such like.

There are occasions when the authorities do overstep the mark with football supporters and they are harshly dealt with sometimes but as far as the Green Brigade is concerned, I've got no sympathy for them at all.

Perhaps if their members didn't sing songs about terrorist groups at a football match then they wouldn't find themselves banned from going to Parkhead.

Just a thought.

Far left, far left ! :blah: You would think to listen to you, that only groups from the left protest. FalkirkHibee the male Melanie Phillips. :na na:

hibsbollah
17-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Just a thought.

So because some Celtc fans sing unsavoury songs or because biased people like yourself labels them as 'far left' they're fair game? You strike me as someone who has a VERY conditional support for a democratic society.

Keith_M
17-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I think a lot of people are making the mistake of judging this situation without knowing the facts involved.

We have a photo showing police 'kettling' fans and The Police are in large numbers. That photo really concerned me but, TBH, no one on here knows for sure what exactly happened prior to this or why there are so many police, yet are willing to make judgements based on their own prejudices.

Let's wait for the facts before deciding that either group were in the wrong.

DH1875
17-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I take it everyone who's having a go at the GB haven't taken part or seen any footage of our trips to the bus shelter :confused:.

Eyrie
17-03-2013, 05:46 PM
I think a lot of people are making the mistake of judging this situation without knowing the facts involved.

We have a photo showing police 'kettling' fans and The Police are in large numbers. That photo really concerned me but, TBH, no one on here knows for sure what exactly happened prior to this or why there are so many police, yet are willing to make judgements based on their own prejudices.

The Green Brigade have rushed their version of events out first, knowing that the police are unable to respond fully due to the implications for any prosecutions of those arrested. I note though that the Green Brigade were "anticipating" police intervention and then made sure of it by refusing to co-operate.

GoldenEagle
18-03-2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=3802

frazeHFC
18-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Policing at football in Scotland is shocking, Green Brigade get it horrific and this season at Hibs games seen terrible policing too. Police can gtf if they continue the heavy handed approach.

JIm
18-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Anyone who has been following the story over the past 2-3 months will appreciate the underhand tactics deployed by both Celtic and the Police/Focus and be in a position to comment.

I wonder what peoples thoughts would be should this happen to our fans i.e club giving details to police, police refusing entry to ground, house busts, unofficial banning orders etc etc and all for what? A little pyro, displays and singing. Yes they have their moments but on the whole the GB have been a good thing for Celtic.

It will be interesting how much additional support they get now from the rest of the fans, time will tell.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-03-2013, 08:31 PM

That is all

Oh dear, that's a shocker.

wearethehibs
18-03-2013, 08:42 PM

Ive never commited a crime and yet Ive still never met a Police officer who isn't a complete power hungry knob.

Sorry if that shocks you

Jonnyboy
18-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Ive never commited a crime and yet Ive still never met a Police officer who isn't a complete power hungry knob.

Sorry if that shocks you

You've met a few and they were knob's. Does that mean they all are? I've met a few Hibbies I thought were knob's. Does that mean they all are?

JIm
18-03-2013, 09:09 PM

I know the odd copper, one or two are ok, on the whole though i cant argue with the man, the majority are complete and utter pricks. They cause more bother than good half the time especially when it comes to sporting events. Out to pick a fight with the football fan who is an easy target.

Scouse Hibee
18-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I know the odd copper, one or two are ok, on the whole though i cant argue with the man, the majority are complete and utter pricks. They cause more bother than good half the time especially when it comes to sporting events. Out to pick a fight with the football fan who is an easy target.

What a ridiculous and utterly stupid comment to make...........pathetic.

frazeHFC
18-03-2013, 10:01 PM

Not really.

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Not really.

Yes really.

IainA
18-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately - NOT really

Hibrandenburg
18-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Unfortunately - NOT really

Oh yes it is.

ronaldo7
18-03-2013, 10:29 PM
When is Grant Stott going to pop up on this thread.

hibbymac
18-03-2013, 10:50 PM
When is Grant Stott going to pop up on this thread.

He's behind you.

JIm
18-03-2013, 10:55 PM

If you say so

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 08:58 AM
One of the lads i travel to the games with is a copper, and i agree he's a ...............................nice lad. :wink:

19-03-2013, 10:17 AM
As said before, this was a clear plot by the Green Brigade to wind up the police so they can make themselves out to be poor victims. It kind of sums up celtic fans as a whole, think they are saints and badly treated victims and its Rangers who are the big bad ones. They are both as disgusting and bigotted as each other but at least the huns accept why they are hated, where as celtic always play the victim and can't understand why they are hated.

FTOF - wish they had both pissed off to England years ago because not only would we get rid of them and not have to put up with their arrogant, bigotted, trampy fans but they would have been well and truly put in their place because England wouldn't put up with their **** like we do and it wouldn't be long before they were grovilling back!

Vini1875
19-03-2013, 10:44 AM
As said before, this was a clear plot by the Green Brigade to wind up the police so they can make themselves out to be poor victims. It kind of sums up celtic fans as a whole, think they are saints and badly treated victims and its Rangers who are the big bad ones. They are both as disgusting and bigotted as each other but at least the huns accept why they are hated, where as celtic always play the victim and can't understand why they are hated.

FTOF - wish they had both pissed off to England years ago because not only would we get rid of them and not have to put up with their arrogant, bigotted, trampy fans but they would have been well and truly put in their place because England wouldn't put up with their **** like we do and it wouldn't be long before they were grovilling back!

Really? Have you ever witnessed how the English Police deal with crowd trouble? London riots, huns in Manchester spring to mind and there is still often large scale violence outside English grounds most weeks, a quick flick through you tube shows many images of it with the police often simply content to keep the two sides apart.

They would not be pissing off to England, they'd still be playing in Scotland against English opposition but with blanket media coverage of the EPL.

As football fans we need to take the blinkers off. The police would be stamping down on our section 43 guys if there was many more of them. This is the police making sure that young guys are kept in line by over powering them with police powers. No way as fans do we (Hibs) always walk on the pavement to games or from games all the time. It is not whether you like the UB or GB or sect 43 this is about football fans being dealt with in a heavy handed manner by the Scottish Police.

Any Hibs supporters that have gone to ibrox or parkhead know that the police wade in with the least provocation and it has to said the stewards at parkhead are easily the worst for this anywhere in Scotland. It has been said many times that they police rugby in a completely different manner, because their power is not threatened by the middle classes.

hibbysam
19-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Really? Have you ever witnessed how the English Police deal with crowd trouble? London riots, huns in Manchester spring to mind and there is still often large scale violence outside English grounds most weeks, a quick flick through you tube shows many images of it with the police often simply content to keep the two sides apart.

They would not be pissing off to England, they'd still be playing in Scotland against English opposition but with blanket media coverage of the EPL.

As football fans we need to take the blinkers off. The police would be stamping down on our section 43 guys if there was many more of them. This is the police making sure that young guys are kept in line by over powering them with police powers. No way as fans do we (Hibs) always walk on the pavement to games or from games all the time. It is not whether you like the UB or GB or sect 43 this is about football fans being dealt with in a heavy handed manner by the Scottish Police.

Any Hibs supporters that have gone to ibrox or parkhead know that the police wade in with the least provocation and it has to said the stewards at parkhead are easily the worst for this anywhere in Scotland. It has been said many times that they police rugby in a completely different manner, because their power is not threatened by the middle classes.

No, they really don't.

I've been to every game at Ibrox over the past 8/9 years and not once have I seen police "wade in with he least provocation".

In fact the police at Ibrox are usually the more friendly and banterous types.

Celtic park is a bit different but 9 times out of 10 its the stewards that "wade in".

Were you outside the Roseburn at New Year?

Hibs fans told to stay on the pavement and did so, peacefully.

Had we not done so, the police would have taken action.

Do you really think the authorities in England would sit back and do nothing about there crowd every week? The vile chanting etc? I really don't and I doubt the English people would either.

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2013, 10:56 AM

In other words they tailor their reaction in regards to the level of numpty they are dealing with.

Antifa Hibs
19-03-2013, 12:19 PM
No, they really don't.

I've been to every game at Ibrox over the past 8/9 years and not once have I seen police "wade in with he least provocation".

Celtic park is a bit different but 9 times out of 10 its the stewards that "wade in".

Do you really think the authorities in England would sit back and do nothing about there crowd every week? The vile chanting etc? I really don't and I doubt the English people would either.

Where you outside the Royal Nip & Four in Hand before the home Scottish cup-tie to Hearts where police horses, vans and coppers were charging about everywhere for no apparent reason? Turning sane men into potentially hooligans in there eyes due to the reactions. If they wanted a reaction they certainly got one.

Sect43
19-03-2013, 12:23 PM

Talk about being narrow minded. Do a bit of research before coming up with that pile of pish.

Sect43
19-03-2013, 12:27 PM

FoCUS unit has been noticed at our last four matches against Kilmarnock Home & Away, Hearts and Motherwell Away.

Bus being surrounded by 20/25 Police at Kilmarnock, names taken and then bus fully searched for no apparent reason.

silverhibee
19-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Wonder if .net have been under investigation. http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/about_us/force-overview/specialist_units/focus-football-coordination-unit-for-scotland/

Killiehibbie
19-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Wonder if .net have been under investigation. http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/about_us/force-overview/specialist_units/focus-football-coordination-unit-for-scotland/
I suppose it saves them the bother of tackling crime.

Deploy in and around stadia using video and audio equipment to record any acts of hatecrime or unacceptable or offensive behaviour or material.

I take it they never bother enforcing this part of their remit?

frazeHFC
19-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I suppose it saves them the bother of tackling crime.

Deploy in and around stadia using video and audio equipment to record any acts of hatecrime or unacceptable or offensive behaviour or material.

I take it they never bother enforcing this part of their remit?

Every away game we go to our support gets filmed by police standing at the front trying to be sly with cameras.

Killiehibbie
19-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Every away game we go to our support gets filmed by police standing at the front trying to be sly with cameras.
They get everybody on cctv anyway but what I was getting at is how come they didn't arrest 30,000 huns after Killie beat them at Ibrox last year or any number at away games since.

frazeHFC
19-03-2013, 01:31 PM
They get everybody on cctv anyway but what I was getting at is how come they didn't arrest 30,000 huns after Killie beat them at Ibrox last year or any number at away games since.

I see, fair point!

silverhibee
19-03-2013, 02:13 PM

Not a new thing Fraz it has been happening for years, long before sect.43 started, when i was a young lad like yourself the bus we travelled on had a bit of a rep, if it got stopped by the police going to away games the only words from the police were, "driver turn this bus round and get this lot back to Edinburgh" :greengrin, and the only flares you seen were folk wearing them, some even had turn-ups as well. :wink: :greengrin

ronaldo7
19-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Not a new thing Fraz it has been happening for years, long before sect.43 started, when i was a young lad like yourself the bus we travelled on had a bit of a rep, if it got stopped by the police going to away games the only words from the police were, "driver turn this bus round and get this lot back to Edinburgh" :greengrin, and the only flares you seen were folk wearing them, some even had turn-ups as well. :wink: :greengrin

:hahaha:

White skinners:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-03-2013, 02:53 PM
What happened to just turning up at the ground and supporting the football team? :rolleyes:

hibbysam
19-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Where you outside the Royal Nip & Four in Hand before the home Scottish cup-tie to Hearts where police horses, vans and coppers were charging about everywhere for no apparent reason? Turning sane men into potentially hooligans in there eyes due to the reactions. If they wanted a reaction they certainly got one.

There was fight's up and down Edinburgh, in particular Easter Road that day, and bother has been known to find its way to "the nip" on previous derby's, The smashed bus for example.. So of course there is going to be a heavy presence...

There were horses, vans and officers running about outside the Roseburn at new year, but as people could handle there drink and were peacefully singing on the pavement nothing was done...

They could quite easily enforce the no drinking in public places approach, but they don't... They show a certain restraint until provoked.

Just Alf
19-03-2013, 03:13 PM

Was dead proud 'o mines... On reflection being purple was possibly a tad too much! :D

Killiehibbie
19-03-2013, 03:17 PM
I see, fair point!Left house to hear on 2 o'clock news some hun from Harthill appearing in court for sectarian singing at Annan. Maybe they're very slowly getting there.

Franck Stanton
19-03-2013, 03:19 PM

That is all

Generally there are two reasons for a man being labeled "a ******* " one is outwith his control as it wasn't his fault he was born out of wedlock, the other being his actions through life - you my friend appear to be the second with stupid comments like this, a real self-made man. The police are not perfect by any manner of means - far from it , but ask yourself this - just what would the world we live in be without them ? Answer honestly, be a frightening place to live imo. As for the reason[s] behind the police action on this occassion - we are only seeing one page of the book - do you know the whole story ? did the police have more intellegence/info that something more sinister was planned ? Some folk just like attacking those in authority because they are an easy target , generally those that do are the first to look for their assistance when the brown stuff hits the fan .

JimBHibees
19-03-2013, 04:28 PM
There was fight's up and down Edinburgh, in particular Easter Road that day, and bother has been known to find its way to "the nip" on previous derby's, The smashed bus for example.. So of course there is going to be a heavy presence...

There were horses, vans and officers running about outside the Roseburn at new year, but as people could handle there drink and were peacefully singing on the pavement nothing was done...

They could quite easily enforce the no drinking in public places approach, but they don't... They show a certain restraint until provoked.

Thats only in Glasgow is it not.

Keith_M
19-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Thats only in Glasgow is it not.

It started there but no, it applies in Edinburgh as well.

weonlywon6-2
19-03-2013, 05:41 PM

You are also being filmed walking along Princes Street,in McDonalds,Marks and Spencer ,well, most places really !!

If what the police do allows the many thousands of decent supporters to :flag:attend football matches without any grief from other so called fans then it has to be a good way forward.

I for one get sick and tired of all the bile that comes out of so called fans about religion etc

Killiehibbie
19-03-2013, 07:16 PM
You are also being filmed walking along Princes Street,in McDonalds,Marks and Spencer ,well, most places really !!

If what the police do allows the many thousands of decent supporters to :flag:attend football matches without any grief from other so called fans then it has to be a good way forward.

I for one get sick and tired of all the bile that comes out of so called fans about religion etcNobody has a problem with the police doing their job but when they start harassing law abiding fans you have to wonder what their motives are.

Vini1875
19-03-2013, 08:24 PM
FoCUS unit has been noticed at our last four matches against Kilmarnock Home & Away, Hearts and Motherwell Away.

Bus being surrounded by 20/25 Police at Kilmarnock, names taken and then bus fully searched for no apparent reason.

Does not surprise me at all. Young guys making a noise, what ever next?

Vini1875
19-03-2013, 08:30 PM
No, they really don't.

That's not my experience of them at all.

khib70
19-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Talk about being narrow minded. Do a bit of research before coming up with that pile of pish.
:confused:What exactly is narrow minded about that?

Friends of yours, the Green Brigade?........Some sort of ultra-wannabe cameraderie?

Guy was having a go at both (equally abominable) sides of the OF. Self-important weekend rebels like the GB and whatever their foul Hun equivalent call themselves are a pain in the back end, and shouldn't be anyone's role model. If there's one thing worse than a bunch of brain-dead gangbangers it's a bunch of brain-dead gangbangers with a "cause".

macca70
19-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Good debate on Newsnight on BBC2 just now

CabbageBoy
19-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Friends of yours, the Green Brigade?........Some sort of ultra-wannabe cameraderie?

Guy was having a go at both (equally abominable) sides of the OF. Self-important weekend rebels like the GB and whatever their foul Hun equivalent call themselves are a pain in the back end, and shouldn't be anyone's role model. If there's one thing worse than a bunch of brain-dead gangbangers it's a bunch of brain-dead gangbangers with a "cause".

Celtc have a real chance of being kicked out of Europe if they don't deal with the GB, which is why they have just put in a new CCTV system. Can pick out faces in the crowd, and is used to check that those who are subjects of FBOs are not there. Too many of them get their mates to sign in for them; that is why suddenly there are more bans from Parkhead,and why there is more opposition to the GB, who are leading opposition to this alleged 'persecution' which fits with their general world view that everyone is against them and their beloved representatives.

frazeHFC
20-03-2013, 12:21 AM

The zombie banner Celtic had, not offensive imo just a joke and a wind-up (obviously worked) ended in a man being arrested at an airport having returned from a holiday, police waiting for him as he arrived back and pinning him down in front of his children. Went to court and the judges laughed the matter out and he got off, showed the police up big time. It's not a defence of the GB, it's a view on the shocking policing we have faced recently at the football. If folk are running about battering ten shades of **** out of each other then fair enough the police should have a job to be doing, but they are turning up at members work, phoning them during the day etc just for being part of this so called 'criminal organisation'. Sure they have better things to be spending the tax payers money on!

GoldenEagle
20-03-2013, 06:47 AM
It started there but no, it applies in Edinburgh as well.

There is no blanket ban on drinking in the street as there is in Glasgow, however the police can request that you stop for a number of reasons and if you don't you'll get huckled.

Chuck Rhoades
20-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Celtc have a real chance of being kicked out of Europe if they don't deal with the GB, which is why they have just put in a new CCTV system. Can pick out faces in the crowd, and is used to check that those who are subjects of FBOs are not there. Too many of them get their mates to sign in for them; that is why suddenly there are more bans from Parkhead,and why there is more opposition to the GB, who are leading opposition to this alleged 'persecution' which fits with their general world view that everyone is against them and their beloved representatives.?

Really, for what? Not a change of that happening. You may want to look at Lazio and Napoli and their supreme right wing, racist ways then compare them to Celtc.

And that's only two teams, probably another dozen out there who should be walking a tight rope but aren't.

DH1875
20-03-2013, 11:46 AM
That's not my experience of them at all.

Mine's either :confused:. I've actually been pinned up against the wall, had 3/4 cops surround me and then proceed to frisk me on a few visits I've had at Ibrox.

JIm
20-03-2013, 01:19 PM
The way football fans are treated by the police in general in comparison to other sports is a disgrace.

For Scouse Hibee to suggest that it is down to the "level of numpty" that attends football matches is pretty embarrassing.

Football fans are easy targets and often its innocent people that get targeted and treated poorly,. I've seen police provoking Hibs supporters on various occasions this year including Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen.

VickMackie
21-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Whilst the GB are dicks here's an example of football fans being treated like ****. It may just stop this happening here although we are already hearded in and out of stadiums but not quite to this extent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21878727

frazeHFC
21-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Whilst the GB are dicks here's an example of football fans being treated like ****. It may just stop this happening here although we are already hearded in and out of stadiums but not quite to this extent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21878727

A 14/15 year old has taken them to court with the help of his Grandmother as for him the ground is 20 odd minutes away but instead he now has to go on a couple of hours round trip just to get to the same ground! Ridiculous!

Antifa Hibs
21-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Celtc have a real chance of being kicked out of Europe if they don't deal with the GB, which is why they have just put in a new CCTV system. Can pick out faces in the crowd, and is used to check that those who are subjects of FBOs are not there. Too many of them get their mates to sign in for them; that is why suddenly there are more bans from Parkhead,and why there is more opposition to the GB, who are leading opposition to this alleged 'persecution' which fits with their general world view that everyone is against them and their beloved representatives.

:faf:

Meanwhile in the real world Lazio who have a history of stabbing folk up the arse along with racist banners and songs have only been giving a few grand fines.

Not a hope in hell they have any chance of being kicked out Yoorup.

Antifa Hibs
21-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Thank you L&B for allowing 5 grown men, some of whom are Doctors and Marketing Execs to be trusted with a can off beer.Makes up for nearly getting trampled by an out of control horse :not worth

Frazerbob
21-03-2013, 06:00 PM
There is no legistlation banning drinking in public places in Edinburgh as a whole however the Police can enforce a drinking ban in public areas with a certain distance of an event, such as a football match. They used to be quite strict with this on match days however at the recent Derby I witnessed hundreds of Jambos drinking at their wee gathering at Bothwell Street and also saw Hibs fans opening drinking cans of lager behind the FF stand. The police seem to have relaxed a little.