PDA

View Full Version : Our top 6 chances - possible scenario's?

California-Hibs
16-03-2013, 04:50 PM
So, what are the outcomes we are hoping for to make the top 6, how does everyone think it will play out? This is the way I see it...

It's between us, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, and Aberdeen.

Remaining fixtures...

Hibs - Inverness (home)... Celtic (away)

Dundee United - Dundee (home)...St Johnstone (away)...Aberdeen (home)

Kilmarnock - Ross County (away)...St Mireen (home)...Dundee (home)

Aberdeen - Hearts (home)...Dundee United (away)

Personally when I look at it, it will take a miracle for us to make the top 6 now. We really have been done over with Griffith's goal not being given against the s*um and the penalty given against us vrs United that was outside the box.

How does everyone think it'll go? I reckon teams will get the following amount of points in the remaining fixtures..

Hibs - 3 Dundee United - 6 Kilmarnock - 6 Aberdeen - 1

Leaving the table looking like the following...

6. Dundee United - 45 pts
7. Kilmarnock - 44 pts
8. Hibernian - 43 pts
9. Aberdeen - 39 pts

Sir David Gray
16-03-2013, 05:00 PM
It's between Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd in my opinion.

I think we'll be lucky to get a point from our two remaining games, which won't be enough.

Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock both have Dundee left to play which should give them 3 points so that should mean it's between them for the final place in the top six.

I think the defeat for Aberdeen today, and the way that it came about, will end their chances of the top six, although they do have a game against Dundee Utd still to come so it might be in their hands.

I'm still going for either Dundee Utd or Kilmarnock and if I was asked to pick one, I would say Dundee Utd.

Hainan Hibs
16-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Can see UTD getting at least 6 points, Killie should get at least 4, Aberdeen at best 3.

I think we'll get a draw vs Caley and be on the end of a defeat vs Celtic

Down to between UTD and Killie.

IFONLY
16-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Hope all you guys remember to put your coupons on!!!!!!

madabouthibs
16-03-2013, 05:32 PM
I think Inverness will beat us, and then we'll beat Celtic by some miracle, but it won't be enough.
We can blame refs all we want, at the end of the day we're simply not good enough. :agree:

West hamBERNIAN
16-03-2013, 05:44 PM
So, what are the outcomes we are hoping for to make the top 6, how does everyone think it will play out? This is the way I see it...

It's between us, Dundee United, Kilmarnock, and Aberdeen.

Remaining fixtures...

Hibs - Inverness (home)... Celtic (away)

Dundee United - Dundee (home)...St Johnstone (away)...Aberdeen (home)

Kilmarnock - Ross County (away)...St Mireen (home)...Dundee (home)

Aberdeen - Hearts (home)...Dundee United (away)

Personally when I look at it, it will take a miracle for us to make the top 6 now. We really have been done over with Griffith's goal not being given against the s*um and the penalty given against us vrs United that was outside the box.

How does everyone think it'll go? I reckon teams will get the following amount of points in the remaining fixtures..

Hibs - 3 Dundee United - 6 Kilmarnock - 6 Aberdeen - 1

Leaving the table looking like the following...

6. Dundee United - 45 pts
7. Kilmarnock - 44 pts
8. Hibernian - 43 pts
9. Aberdeen - 39 pts

anything can happen in this league, thats why were all so close together. other than losing out on money for the club, i don't mind bottom 6. get the kids some proper game time, hopefully even get to beat them before they fold, lovely :greengrin

Sir David Gray
16-03-2013, 05:48 PM
anything can happen in this league, thats why were all so close together. other than losing out on money for the club, i don't mind bottom 6. get the kids some proper game time, hopefully even get to beat them before they fold, lovely :greengrin

I'd much rather be in the top six, have something worthwhile to play for and also avoid another derby which would give them bumper gate money as it would be played at Tynecastle.

JohnStephens91
16-03-2013, 05:52 PM
How about we stop being so defeatist? We can still take 6 points and is not outwith the realms of possibility. I certainly fancy our chances in our two remaining games as long as we perform well and don't get robbed by scandalous decisions. It's not over until it's over.

cabbageandribs1875
16-03-2013, 05:58 PM
top or bottom after the split we should have 3 home games and 2 away to give us a straight 19 home 19 away, i think :rolleyes:

P.S. it's scenario :):flag:

Sir David Gray
16-03-2013, 06:01 PM
How about we stop being so defeatist? We can still take 6 points and is not outwith the realms of possibility. I certainly fancy our chances in our two remaining games as long as we perform well and don't get robbed by scandalous decisions. It's not over until it's over.

Celtic will most probably be in a position to win the league title against us on April 6th so I don't really see us having much chance in that game to be honest.

If we get 6 points from our next two games I'll be delighted, regardless of whether or not we make the top six.

truehibernian
16-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I'd much rather be in the top six, have something worthwhile to play for and also avoid another derby which would give them bumper gate money as it would be played at Tynecastle.

We still have something worthwhile to play for - a Scottish Cup.

We'll be bottom 6, which is a huge disappointment for me, but after the January window and lack of real investment it was I'm afraid what I expected. Focus should have been on getting Lyle Taylor in, transfer fee paid in full. We have indeed relied heavily on young Leigh.

That said, the cup semi final is the main focus for me - I honestly think we can win the cup. If we are bottom 6 then we can rest players in advance I hope - and give Alex Harris, Danny and Ross, and Jordan Forster some game time, against good sides (Hearts, Dons, maybe United).

Either way, we must see this season as a step forward from last two under Calderwood/Hughes - of course we should aim far far higher, but Pat needs at least three more windows to really cement his mark on the side. We are getting there and we are building a team - this season was always going to be ups and downs due to the player contracts being a wee bit all over the place and out of sync.

I'm hearing that Chris Forrester in Ireland is very much back on Pat's radar - and Lyle Taylor too (if he doesn't attract offers down south which he will sadly) - the team has experience, it now needs youth, pace and a arrogant streak.

heid the baw
16-03-2013, 06:02 PM
I think Inverness will beat us, and then we'll beat Celtic by some miracle, but it won't be enough.
We can blame refs all we want, at the end of the day we're simply not good enough. :agree:

Spot on. Galling as it was to see that fine goal not given, it is losing to Dundee, Ross County, St J, giving up 2 goal lead againist Inverness ect that have put us in this position.

We need to take it on the chin, start blooding the young players, concentrate on the Cup and look forward to more improvements next season.

More points already than in the last 2 seasons is an improvement. We will be stronger next year and others will be weaker.

Col2
16-03-2013, 06:12 PM
We are up against it no doubt but IMHO tomorrows yay side derby is crucial. A untried win and we probably need 6 points from last two games and even then no guarantees.

If they drop points then it still in the balance.

IMHO Aberdeen are least likely to get top 6. Killie are on poor run and I think they will get 5 points max. United hold the key for me. They wouldn't want to have a home game against sheep needing to win the get top six as sheep would be up for it.

Sir David Gray
16-03-2013, 06:13 PM
We still have something worthwhile to play for - a Scottish Cup.

We'll be bottom 6, which is a huge disappointment for me, but after the January window and lack of real investment it was I'm afraid what I expected. Focus should have been on getting Lyle Taylor in, transfer fee paid in full. We have indeed relied heavily on young Leigh.

That said, the cup semi final is the main focus for me - I honestly think we can win the cup. If we are bottom 6 then we can rest players in advance I hope - and give Alex Harris, Danny and Ross, and Jordan Forster some game time, against good sides (Hearts, Dons, maybe United).

Either way, we must see this season as a step forward from last two under Calderwood/Hughes - of course we should aim far far higher, but Pat needs at least three more windows to really cement his mark on the side. We are getting there and we are building a team - this season was always going to be ups and downs due to the player contracts being a wee bit all over the place and out of sync.

I'm hearing that Chris Forrester in Ireland is very much back on Pat's radar - and Lyle Taylor too (if he doesn't attract offers down south which he will sadly) - the team has experience, it now needs youth, pace and a arrogant streak.

I meant as far as the league was concerned.

If we finish in the bottom six, we'll effectively have 5 games that will be meaningless.

truehibernian
16-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I meant as far as the league was concerned.

If we finish in the bottom six, we'll effectively have 5 games that will be meaningless.

I think this season was always going to be one where expectation outweighed reality given the Rangers situation. Aberdeen are the ones who I think should be the most disappointed - invested a lot, lost good young players, and fans dwindling. Another bottom 6 for them too I think.

If you look back, we have achieved little milestones - beaten Hearts for first time in a while and are unbeaten against them. Beaten Dundee United for first time in a while, and should have beaten them up there. Been on a very good, and difficult cup run. Unbeaten v Celtic and beat them for first time in a wee while. Scored some very good goals, defended reasonably well - and in many games come back to get points where last 2 years the heads would have dropped.

It's small steps but we are getting there - a win next week sets up and exciting game v Celtic - who we've done well against.

You just never know - good thing is we aint in a relegation scrap.

rcarter1
16-03-2013, 06:21 PM

this, and again this.

nonshinyfinish
16-03-2013, 06:31 PM
P.S. it's scenario :):flag:

Now that the spelling in the title has been fixed, could we get rid of the extraneous apostrophe?

cabbageandribs1875
16-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Now that the spelling in the title has been fixed, could we get rid of the extraneous apostrophe?

naw

Sir David Gray
16-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I think this season was always going to be one where expectation outweighed reality given the Rangers situation. Aberdeen are the ones who I think should be the most disappointed - invested a lot, lost good young players, and fans dwindling. Another bottom 6 for them too I think.

If you look back, we have achieved little milestones - beaten Hearts for first time in a while and are unbeaten against them. Beaten Dundee United for first time in a while, and should have beaten them up there. Been on a very good, and difficult cup run. Unbeaten v Celtic and beat them for first time in a wee while. Scored some very good goals, defended reasonably well - and in many games come back to get points where last 2 years the heads would have dropped.

It's small steps but we are getting there - a win next week sets up and exciting game v Celtic - who we've done well against.

You just never know - good thing is we aint in a relegation scrap.

Of course there has been progress, we're 17 points better off than we were at the same stage last season. The progress is undeniable.

However, from the position that we were in a few months ago, to now be facing a struggle to make the top six with two games left is quite disappointing.

I still have confidence in Fenlon and I am looking forward to seeing what sort of squad he can assemble for next season.

I have always said that he needed 2 years in the job before being judged properly and we're still another 8 months away from that point and we still have a transfer window to go through as well.

I think if we finish in the bottom six for the 3rd year in a row, we are entitled to be unhappy as we are one of the biggest clubs in the country and we are continually told that, now that Rangers have gone, we have the 3rd highest spending budget in the league. We should be asking questions of the club if we finish below the likes of Inverness, Ross County and St Johnstone as we must have more fans turning up at Easter Road than they have between them. But compared with how things were this time last year, we are in a far better place now as a club and I am still optimistic for the future under Fenlon.

nonshinyfinish
16-03-2013, 07:46 PM
naw

Bully. :boo hoo:

cabbageandribs1875
17-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Bully. :boo hoo:

only on a saturday :)