PDA

View Full Version : Feeling good

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I like Fenlon.

Im happy with the progress he has made this season. (sorry I said the P word)

I feel that Petrie does his job well.

I like Taiwo, Doyle, Stevenson and maybury and think they're useful to have.

I can take last nights result on the chin, Motherwell are a good side.

I hate officials and feel that if they could do their jobs properly we'd have top six pretty much secured.

I still think we can get top six.

No matter what happens from now I'll still be looking forward to next season under paddy.

Anyone else feeling the same or am I just a deluded happy-clapper?

Also, if you disagree with me please tell me so and post your ridiculous cliched hyperboles about how bad everything at hibs is. Would be good to have them all in one place so that they can be easily found.

Hibstrooper
16-03-2013, 11:24 AM
I agree with everything you say, although last nights result is still raw so wouldn't say I'm feeling good about being £22 and a Friday night lighter

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I like Fenlon.

I hate officials and feel that if they could do their jobs properly we'd have top six pretty much secured.

No matter what happens from now I'll still be looking forward to next season under paddy.

Also, if you disagree with me please tell me so and post your ridiculous cliched hyperboles about how bad everything at hibs is. Would be good to have them all in one place so that they can be easily found.

Agree with all 8 :agree:

matty_f
16-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Agree with all 8 :agree:

Me too. Wouldn't go so far as to say I was feeling good after last night, but I am enjoying being a Hibby much more than i have for a few years.

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I agree with everything you say, although last nights result is still raw so wouldn't say I'm feeling good about being £22 and a Friday night lighter

Aye, that's fair enough!

Im sure if I'd gone through I'd be feeling worse

WestEndHibee
16-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I like Fenlon.

I stay away from .net on the night of the result. There's a lot more sense about the next day. I agree with all of this. :top marks

Eyrie
16-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I like Fenlon.

Agree with most of that except for two things. Firstly I expected us to make the top six, so whilst we've progressed we should have done better, and linked to that I don't see us making the top six - Dundee United have a game in hand and an easier run in.

I'm keeping the faith though.

hibbydog
16-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Totally agree.

My expectations at Hibs are fairly modest, based on the last 30 years evidence.

Similarly, people calling for Fenlon to be sacked is just ridiculous. He's doing a reasonable job under difficult circumstances. Everyone's very quick to forget that he inherited a mess, has had injuries to key players and terrible referring to contend with.

It's high time we backed a manager for 2-3 years then make judgements!

Purehibee_MYB
16-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I like Fenlon.

:top marks
I'm on board!

I can't believe I have been having to defend Paddy so much on the 'Pat Fenlon' thread.

rcarter1
16-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Totally agree.

Similarly, people calling for Fenlon to be sacked is just ridiculous. He's doing a reasonable job under difficult circumstances. Everyone's very quick to forget that he inherited a mess, has had injuries to key players and terrible referring to contend with.

This.

I wasnt expecting top 6, and am comfortable with where we are now, but feel we should be aiming for better again next season. Here's hoping..

spike220
16-03-2013, 11:54 AM
Totally agree.

I hate seeing Hibs lose, but suprised myself at how well I felt afterwards. I guess I didnt feel cheated and know on another night we can do better. I thought Motherwell were very good and hope they push Celtic all the way. I dont think we do evening games well though!! Has anyone got any stats on that??

hibsmad
16-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I agree with you :agree:

As far as I'm concerned the progress has been satisfactory up to this point. Next season there needs to be more though and I will be expecting both an improvement to the level of entertainment, and a top six finish will be an absolute must.

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm on board!

I can't believe I have been having to defend Paddy so much on the 'Pat Fenlon' thread.

Not had the heart to trawl through the three pages, I can imagine the drivel being posted though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I never expected to be top six. If we get it I am not so sure that we deserve it. Last night we were dismantled by a side that are a good few levels above us and gave us a real lesson. No complaints. This season isn't all about last night.

Purehibee_MYB
16-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Not had the heart to trawl through the three pages, I can imagine the drivel being posted though.

Wish I had done the same. I got involved early and I am too stubborn to let them have the last word..

Vault Boy
16-03-2013, 12:16 PM
I like Fenlon.

Completely agree. I think Fenlon is the only manager since Collins to have come in and actually improve the team and the situation he was handed, which was a very poor one. We've got a much stronger side to build and develop around now, and I think we will see more evidence of this next season. Also, this one is far from over.

Aubenas
16-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Agree that the club is in a good position now. Yeh - we'd like to be in the top 3, but even if we had better players, there's no guarantee that would happen - part of football's attraction is that it's a game of chance, you never know whether you will get the rewards you deserve. We shouldn't have beaten Motherwell 0-4 earlier on, but we should have beaten Utd and Hearts if officials had done their job.

As to Pat Fenlon: he had two major jobs to do when he came in - completely change the atmopsphere around the club and improve the playing
staff. For long enough we had short sighted posting on here saying "I don't care what a player does off the pitch, as long as he scores goals" - which ignores how ethos affects overall performance, and the eventual career trajectory of the players referred to reflects that. No doubt Hibs could have kept signing trouble makers who scored goals but we wouldn't have won anything that way - because of their influence on the rest of the team - especially youngtsers we're trying to bring through. Statistically, Hibs do quite well in the percentage of academy players who make it, but those who criticise the academy should look to some of the role models who were about the place under previous managers.

With limited cash, Fenlon has had to bring in better players who are also of the right approach. Everyone should be able to see the difficulty of that. He's done it with the keeper and a defence which, before the injuries, was a lot better than last season's. He's got in midfielders who will fight more than their predecessors, so are less likely to be over run, though sometimes are. That they are too small and too similar reflects our budget - but Craig's arrival shows an awareness of what we need to add.

Scoring forwards are always most difficult to find, afford, or promote from the youth side. We're lucky we have Griffiths just now. Clearly the hope was that Kuqi would do a Mixu or Brewster and be a target man who helped Leigh and others to score. At the stage he is in his career, that's always gonna be a 50/50 chance and unfortunately it hasn't worked. Happens to all managers.

Fenlon therefore is left with little alternative to the style he plays: we have only one effective forward, a midfield that is too small and similar, so needs packing, and, currently, full backs who need supporting. 4-5-1 is the obvious way.

I think the manager has acomplished the turn round of ethos and will look to build on that; Harris looked great last night; he's looking at defenders, with Craig and possibly Wylde to come in the summer, you can see he's building incrementally. he has no other option.

He has enough knowledge to build step by step within his means; unfortunately many supporters can't live with that approach.

Me? Looking across the city and across the Forth, I'm just happy I can go and watch Hibs every week and look forward to future generations doing the same.

Carry on Pat!

Sudds_1
16-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I never expected to be top six. If we get it I am not so sure that we deserve it. Last night we were dismantled by a side that are a good few levels above us and gave us a real lesson. No complaints. This season isn't all about last night.

And that is the best comment I've seen so far. :top marks

Some of the knee jerking over on the MB is embarrasing. We are work in progress. And we ARE progressing. I wonder what they will say if we go on and make it our year for THAT cup! :wink:

Cropley10
16-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Just renewed my 3 ST's on the Payment Plan....

Agree with the OP, but don't think we'd miss Doyle.

Swedish hibee
16-03-2013, 01:08 PM
As much as I absolutely hate results like last night- I am happy with the way Hibs are going, and feel so much better about being a Hibby this season than the past few years. I remeber a few yrs ago when one season I didn't even renew my Hibs TV !
I too, don't read all the doom & gloom on other pages.. That kinda Scottish attitude is why I left Scotland in the 1st place..

Last night was a horror, we're still not quite there- but we will be and in the meantime, I'm enjoying the cup run.

Proud to be a Happy clapper. Always proud to be a Hibs fan.

:pfgwa

flash
16-03-2013, 01:08 PM
A sad indictment on the years of mismanagement that so many believe its acceptable to finish 7th or worse in a league,without rangers.

flash
16-03-2013, 01:18 PM
A sad indictment on the years of mismanagement that so many believe its acceptable to finish 7th or worse in a league,without rangers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-03-2013, 01:24 PM

Add in a hugely weakened Hearts team and its almost beyond belief. Some folk are actually feeling good about it which leaves me bemused to be honest.

Spike Mandela
16-03-2013, 01:26 PM

:agree: There is improvement in the team from last year(difficult not to be without getting relegated) but If we finish bottom six this year it is a big failure imo as it will be for Aberdeen, Hearts, St Mirren and whoever else finishes there. Moaning about a few refereeing decisions ignores the mid season slump where we hardly won a league match.

As for the players mentioned by the OP they are mediocre at best and we have a few too many like them but hopefully Fenlon can add a better standard next season if we sell enough season tickets.

Wotherspiniesta
16-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm on board!

You think that thread is bad? Have a look at the Pat Fenlon:Football Manager thread from last year.

Agree with the OP on everything, though I don't think we'll get top 6 anymore.

Still, looking forward to the semi and hopefully another final under Paddy :pfgwa

Big Ed
16-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Agree that the club is in a good position now. Yeh - we'd like to be in the top 3, but even if we had better players, there's no guarantee that would happen - part of football's attraction is that it's a game of chance, you never know whether you will get the rewards you deserve. We shouldn't have beaten Motherwell 0-4 earlier on, but we should have beaten Utd and Hearts if officials had done their job.

As to Pat Fenlon: he had two major jobs to do when he came in - completely change the atmopsphere around the club and improve the playing
staff. For long enough we had short sighted posting on here saying "I don't care what a player does off the pitch, as long as he scores goals" - which ignores how ethos affects overall performance, and the eventual career trajectory of the players referred to reflects that. No doubt Hibs could have kept signing trouble makers who scored goals but we wouldn't have won anything that way - because of their influence on the rest of the team - especially youngtsers we're trying to bring through. Statistically, Hibs do quite well in the percentage of academy players who make it, but those who criticise the academy should look to some of the role models who were about the place under previous managers.

With limited cash, Fenlon has had to bring in better players who are also of the right approach. Everyone should be able to see the difficulty of that. He's done it with the keeper and a defence which, before the injuries, was a lot better than last season's. He's got in midfielders who will fight more than their predecessors, so are less likely to be over run, though sometimes are. That they are too small and too similar reflects our budget - but Craig's arrival shows an awareness of what we need to add.

Scoring forwards are always most difficult to find, afford, or promote from the youth side. We're lucky we have Griffiths just now. Clearly the hope was that Kuqi would do a Mixu or Brewster and be a target man who helped Leigh and others to score. At the stage he is in his career, that's always gonna be a 50/50 chance and unfortunately it hasn't worked. Happens to all managers.

Fenlon therefore is left with little alternative to the style he plays: we have only one effective forward, a midfield that is too small and similar, so needs packing, and, currently, full backs who need supporting. 4-5-1 is the obvious way.

I think the manager has acomplished the turn round of ethos and will look to build on that; Harris looked great last night; he's looking at defenders, with Craig and possibly Wylde to come in the summer, you can see he's building incrementally. he has no other option.

He has enough knowledge to build step by step within his means; unfortunately many supporters can't live with that approach.

Me? Looking across the city and across the Forth, I'm just happy I can go and watch Hibs every week and look forward to future generations doing the same.

Carry on Pat!

I agree with every single word.

Alfred E Newman
16-03-2013, 02:00 PM

Spot on. I came back from Kilmarnock the other week high as a kite and last night the complete opposite. There have been some highs this season, (Hearts , Celtic etc), and some real disappointments,( QOS, Ross County etc)and I hope there is a couple of highs to come yet. I don`t know who recommended the likes of Kuji and Done to him but Fenlon has been let down by both. I have to agree that I don`t like the style of play but I can see what he is trying to do. The danger for Fenlon is that he will run out of time and next season will be the real for him test both in results and style of football.

Stevo1875
16-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I like Fenlon.

Motherwell are a good side but we are a bigger club and should be better than we are. Still, I'm pleased with the progress and it's good to see Harris get a go. Taiwo, Doyle, Stevenson and maybury all seem to be hard working Pro's who i'm sure set a good example to the kids at the club. We do need to find better to progress further. Happy to keep stevenson. maybury is a bit passed it now, never mind another season.

:fenlon

sparkiedelpaco7
16-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I like Fenlon.

I personally dont think Lewis or Maybury are good enough but except from that I agree with the rest

FranckSuzy
16-03-2013, 02:27 PM

Carry on Pat!

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 03:07 PM

We weren't going to be challenging for 2nd this season.

No-one at the beginning of the season even thought we might be.

If we don't get top six i'll be pretty disappointed as I feel we should have done better.

But the board and manager will still have my full support and i'll be looking forward to coming higher in the league next year.

Ryan91
16-03-2013, 03:25 PM

Carry on Pat!

One of the best posts that I have seen on here in a good while. I lost my way last season but returned for the final and even then I knew how poor we had been all year.

I came in to this season expecting an improvement not a major one but certainly believed that mid-table was a fair goal, ideally top 6 and a decent run in the cup and maybe beat the Jambos.

We're mid-table right now and should probably be top 6 but it looks like a couple of terrible decisions by officials may have cost us - that's hardly Pat's fault.

I'm backing Paddy all the way, he's made me glad to be a Hibby once again even if we aren't playing the best football in the world.

Love the Green
16-03-2013, 03:39 PM
I like Fenlon.

What a pile of pish..
With far better budget than nearly all other SPL teams ..we get outfought and out played nearly every week.
We cannot even beat at home the worst ****bos team I have ever witnessed last week.
Embarressed in the League cup by the mighty QoS
loses home and away to Ross county
Further embarassment at Inverness and Dundee
Home defeats from StJohnstone and Aberdeen
Mediocre to crap signings with 1 or 2 exceptions.
Mosr defensive manager whose only concern is not to lose and pathetic substitutions.

Feeling good you taking the piss?

"keep the faith":wink:

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 03:44 PM
What a pile of pish..
With far better budget than nearly all other SPL teams ..we get outfought and out played nearly every week.
We cannot even beat at home the worst ****bos team I have ever witnessed last week.
Mosr defensive manager whose only concern is not to lose and pathetic substitutions.

Going on this thread it's your opinion that's in the minority :wink:.

Every point you made there is either semi-irrelevant or just not true.

But aye, you keep your pish opinions and false grandeur.

Treadstone
16-03-2013, 03:49 PM

Word of advice don't ask for opinions then trash the poster for giving them.:aok:

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Word of advice don't ask for opinions then trash the poster for giving them.:aok:

What? so he can dish it out but I'm not allowed to give it back?

Also I asked for opinions, does that stop me from giving my opinion on those opinions?

I think not :aok:

Treadstone
16-03-2013, 03:58 PM
What? so he can dish it out but I'm not allowed to give it back?

Also I asked for opinions, does that stop me from giving my opinion on those opinions?

I think not :aok:

You sound like a nine year old.

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 04:00 PM
You sound like a nine year old.

Can you please explain what your problem is with anything that I posted?

I will concede that I was a tad hypocritical.

Love the Green
16-03-2013, 04:00 PM

Did you not ask for other peoples thoughts on your post?
Pray tell me what is not relevant(losing games) and what is not true(crap signings).

But as long as about 20 out of 10.000 Hibs fans are feeling good then everythingg is rosey at ER..

"keep the faith":thumbsup:

Treadstone
16-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Can you please explain what your problem is with anything that I posted?

I will concede that I was a tad hypocritical.

No real problem with your posts, just that you asked for comment from the people that disagreed with you and then told the poster who didn't agree with you "keep your pish opinions and false grandeur."

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 04:12 PM
No real problem with your posts, just that you asked for comment from the people that disagreed with you and then told the poster who didn't agree with you "keep your pish opinions and false grandeur."

fair enough, telling him to "keep" them was a stupid thing to say based on my OP

Fergus52
16-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Pray tell me what is not relevant(losing games) and what is not true(crap signings).

But as long as about 20 out of 10.000 Hibs fans are feeling good then everythingg is rosey at ER..

You hand-picked a few bad results. Every team's gonna have bad results across the course of the season. I Would say that is semi-irrelevant.

A couple of his signings have been crap. But the majority are easily at least at SPL level.

Well if over 99% of hibs fans are seriously wanting rid of Fenlon (which is obviously not true) it highlights the fickleness and stupidity of some of our fans.

I am keeping the faith cheers :pfgwa

neil7908
16-03-2013, 04:16 PM
For what its worth I'm trying not to judge him till the end of the season at the very earliest. Ultimately it doesn't matter what position we are in the league now or the fact we are in semi-final, the only way to tell real progress will be once the season is over.

A cup final victory (I know I shouldn't say it) and a place in the top 6 (especially with a league place higher than 6th) would clearly be massive improvement on not just last season but on the last few seasons. Not only an improvement but he would literally become a hero.

Equally, we could end up in the bottom 6 (who knows, worse can scenario could see us 9th or 10th with a defeat in the final derby and them finishing above us) and a capitulation to Falkirk in the semi-final. Would we really be pleased with that and call it progress?

I honestly think as things stand I'm not sure which scenario is more likely. But my point is that folk saying Pat is rubbish and needs sacked or that he's the best manager since Mowbray are both wrong. Sacking him now would be crazy as we are still in a situation where he can do great things with us and become a legend but equally I cant quite say that I'm 100% convinced by him. For me the juries still out.

Because of that I cant quite understand the constant pro/anti Fenlon threads appearing.

sesoim
16-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I like Fenlon.

:faf: I was feeling pretty down after last nights result, but your post has at least given me a laugh. And you think anyone who criticizes Hibs is ridiculously cliched? At least some of us can see what's happening.

If you think we can still make the top six, you think Fenlon is doing a good job compared to most other SPL managers, and you think players like Maybury, Doyle, Stevenson and Taiwo will get us to where we should be , you are the one who is ridiculous.

sesoim
16-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Totally agree.

We were 9th when Fenlon took over. He didn't save us from relegation - he helped put us in one. And the way things are going this season, we will be 9th again soon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-03-2013, 04:24 PM

No sure anyone actually thinks things are rosey? But this time last year, the fallouts were about whether we would go down or not and this time round it is about whether we will make top six or not. Don't think that there is any question that we deserve better but the last time I saw a team play as badly as we did last year was the team that Duff Jimmy put together and that team went down.

sesoim
16-03-2013, 04:25 PM
This.

I wasnt expecting top 6, and am comfortable with where we are now, but feel we should be aiming for better again next season. Here's hoping..

Ross Co were the league below us last season. They were battling relgation the season before that when Adams took over. They will finish in the top six this season on a much smaller budget than us (as will Inverness, Motherwell and St Johnstone. We have no divine right to finish anywhere, but do you think we are doing ok if we finish below all them?

sesoim
16-03-2013, 04:26 PM

Some of the knee jerking over on the MB is embarrasing. We are work in progress. And we ARE progressing. I wonder what they will say if we go on and make it our year for THAT cup! :wink:

Being angry about winning 3 out of our last 18 league games is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Vault Boy
16-03-2013, 04:41 PM
We were 9th when Fenlon took over. He didn't save us from relegation - he helped put us in one. And the way things are going this season, we will be 9th again soon.

Absolute bull, that was the job he was brought in to do last season and with the team he inherited, it was a tough one to fulfill. We've improved as a team significantly, the league is extremely tight this year but we can still get a top 6 finish. Seriously I can't tell if you purposefully ignore the good things Fenlon has brought to the club or you're honestly just that cynical and ignorant of the work being done.

Woody70x2
16-03-2013, 04:42 PM

There hasn't really been that much progress to be fair. How many more points have we gained at this point of the season compared to last? I know it is more but not by many 3 points per game more. We will probably get into the Scottish Cup, which we did last year, and no doubt the optimism about winning the cup will end up in a thrashing from the other finalists - either Celtic or Dundee Utd.

I gave up my season ticket this season, mainly due to circumstances, but haven't missed this season at all.

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Being angry about winning 3 out of our last 18 league games is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Why are you taking cup games out of those stats? Or league draws? It wouldnt be because it doesnt suit a doom n gloom agenda, by any chance?

Vault Boy
16-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Why are you taking cup games out of those stats? Or league draws? It wouldnt be because it doesnt suit a doom n gloom agenda, by any chance?

Bang on.

Keith_M
16-03-2013, 04:59 PM

That makes it 5 wins out of the last 20 games. OK, I'm a fairly positive person when it comes to Hibs but a 25% win ratio is just not good enough.

If you judge it over the whole season, which is surely much fairer, it's actually much better than that. Just now, though, I can't see us making the top six. That surely is the absolute minimum that a club of Hibs relative size can expect.

Wotherspiniesta
16-03-2013, 05:18 PM
What a pile of pish..

OR....

1) Taking a team that nearly got relegated last season, making a few changes and challenging for a top 6 spot.
2) Getting the best out of players here from last season: examples: Hanlon, Claros, Griffiths.
3) Having very hard cup games in the SC and beating Hearts, Aberdeen and a Killie team who hadn't been beaten in over a month to get us to yet another semi final.
4) Unbeaten against the best team (by a distance) in the SPL. Drawing 2-2 away and a 1-0 victory at home.
5) Unbeaten against Hearts, only conceding once in four matches.
6) Impressive away wins against Motherwell, St Johnstone, St Mirren (x2).
7) 11 clean sheets this season.
8) Chance of Europe.

Tell me what you see here, LTB.

hibbydog
16-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Pat may or may not be the answer, but we will never know if we don't give him time

I for one think he's an honest man trying his best in very difficult circumstances

And we should reflect on what Hibs have achieved in the last 30 or so years ( basically bugger all) before we decide what we should expect in the future. No that doesn't stop is wanting better, but sometimes I wonder who we think we are? World beaters? Giants of the Scottish game? I think not!

As said in some very sensible posts on this thread, steady incremental progress where things improve in stages over a period of a couple of years is the best we can expect. On current evidence, that seems to be what's happening, so lets stay sober after a bad result.

If the referees/ linesmen had done their jobs properly against Dundee utd and hearts, would everything be rosy and pat Fenlon a genius?

Keith_M
16-03-2013, 05:30 PM
8) Chance of Europe.

What's left of your extra strong Vodka?

AberdreamHibee
16-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Totally agreed.

We are still so much better than last season.

Sure results like last night were reminiscent of last season...but the way we played against hearts, dundee united etc was so much better but we got cheated out of a result that would have made our season massively different given how tight it is at the moment!

Scottish Cup Semi and chasing still in the top 6= improvement.

We surpassed our points total for last season months ago=improvement.

Motherwell would have taken most teams apart with 2 stunning goals and the others pretty good too.

Take it on the chin, we beat them 4-0 in the same game earlier in the season.

Wotherspiniesta
16-03-2013, 05:35 PM
What's left of your extra strong Vodka?

We beat Falkirk, Celtic beat Dundee United.

And if we beat Celtic, I'll be drinking your vodka aswell. :cheers:

Keith_M
16-03-2013, 05:59 PM
We beat Falkirk, Celtic beat Dundee United.

And if we beat Celtic, I'll be drinking your vodka aswell. :cheers:

Aye, OK, I didn't realise you meant such a trivial, everday occurence as Hibs winning the Scottish Cup :wink:

If that scenario DOES happen, I'd gladly buy you a years supply of Vodka.

Wotherspiniesta
16-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Aye, OK, I didn't realise you meant such a trivial, everday occurence as Hibs winning the Scottish Cup :wink:

If that scenario DOES happen, I'd gladly buy you a years supply of Vodka.

We get into Europe if its a Hibs V Celtic final.

You may well do, And if said everyday occurence were to pass, I will gladly turn that years supply into a night's supply :-)

The Voice Of Reason
16-03-2013, 08:05 PM
OR....

1) Taking a team that nearly got relegated last season, making a few changes and challenging for a top 6 spot.
2) Getting the best out of players here from last season: examples: Hanlon, Claros, Griffiths.
3) Having very hard cup games in the SC and beating Hearts, Aberdeen and a Killie team who hadn't been beaten in over a month to get us to yet another semi final.
4) Unbeaten against the best team (by a distance) in the SPL. Drawing 2-2 away and a 1-0 victory at home.
5) Unbeaten against Hearts, only conceding once in four matches.
6) Impressive away wins against Motherwell, St Johnstone, St Mirren (x2).
7) 11 clean sheets this season.
8) Chance of Europe.

How about this then :-

1. We are likely to finish in the bottom 6 in a dreadfully sub standard SPL minus Rangers (behind giants of the game like Ross co, ICT, St Jonstone)

2. We could easily lose to Falkirk in the semi final of the scottish cup based on recent performances

3. A bottom 6 finish would mean a derby and a possible/probable defeat against the yams

4. We lost to Queen of the south (a 2nd div team)in the league cup

5. Hearts will likely win the league cup tomorrow (thats the cup that the 2nd div team beat us in)

6. Our best players (Griffiths, mcgivern and Claros) won't be with us next season

7. We have just given Lewis Stevenson a 2 year extension) - how many other SPL teams would he get a game for ?!?!

8. We could even give your hero (or you!) an extension also (I refer to Wotherspoon)

9. We have a manager who has unearthed gems like kujabi, Kuqi, done, Robertson etc

However, the OP and yourself "feel good" - that is the main thing !

Easily pleased likes!!!!!!!!!

gillythehibby
16-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Pat may or may not be the answer, but we will never know if we don't give him time

I for one think he's an honest man trying his best in very difficult circumstances

And we should reflect on what Hibs have achieved in the last 30 or so years ( basically bugger all) before we decide what we should expect in the future. No that doesn't stop is wanting better, but sometimes I wonder who we think we are? World beaters? Giants of the Scottish game? I think not!

As said in some very sensible posts on this thread, steady incremental progress where things improve in stages over a period of a couple of years is the best we can expect. On current evidence, that seems to be what's happening, so lets stay sober after a bad result.

If the referees/ linesmen had done their jobs properly against Dundee utd and hearts, would everything be rosy and pat Fenlon a genius?

I think you'll find Hibs ARE one of the giant's of the Scottish game and in this current stream of the game Hibs should be vying for 3rd / 4th. I like Pat Fenlon and think we should give him every opportunity to push us up the league and be competitive in the cups. One of the guys earlier made a good point about the resources hibs have compared to most of the teams in the league and he is spot on. This is a poor SPL and yet we are still struggling to stay top 6. Ross County - Pub team, Inverness - Pub team. St John and Motherwell - provincial clubs. We should be rolling over these mobs but we don't. Why? Who knows. We just have to support the gaffer and hope he gets it right.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2013, 08:11 PM

1. We are likely to finish in the bottom 6 in a dreadfully sub standard SPL minus Rangers (behind giants of the game like Ross co, ICT, St Jonstone) Speculation

2. We could easily lose to Falkirk in the semi final of the scottish cup based on recent performances Speculation

3. A bottom 6 finish would mean a derby and a possible/probable defeat against the yams Speculation

4. We lost to Queen of the south (a 2nd div team)in the league cup Fact

5. Hearts will likely win the league cup tomorrow (thats the cup that the 2nd div team beat us in) Speculation

6. Our best players (Griffiths, mcgivern and Claros) won't be with us next season Speculation

7. We have just given Lewis Stevenson a 2 year extension) - how many other SPL teams would he get a game for ?!?! Speculation

8. We could even give your hero (or you!) an extension also (I refer to Wotherspoon) Speculation

9. We have a manager who has unearthed gems like kujabi, Kuqi, done, Robertson etc Fact

We'll see!

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 08:16 PM

1. We are likely to finish in the bottom 6 in a dreadfully sub standard SPL minus Rangers (behind giants of the game like Ross co, ICT, St Jonstone)

2. We could easily lose to Falkirk in the semi final of the scottish cup based on recent performances

3. A bottom 6 finish would mean a derby and a possible/probable defeat against the yams

5. Hearts will likely win the league cup tomorrow (thats the cup that the 2nd div team beat us in)

6. Our best players (Griffiths, mcgivern and Claros) won't be with us next season

7. We have just given Lewis Stevenson a 2 year extension) - how many other SPL teams would he get a game for ?!?!

8. We could even give your hero (or you!) an extension also (I refer to Wotherspoon)

9. We have a manager who has unearthed gems like kujabi, Kuqi, done, Robertson etc

I liked number two best :hilarious We've made it to the semifinal of the scottish cup, the game hasnt started yet and we're supposed to read that as reason not to 'feel good' :aok:

The Voice Of Reason
16-03-2013, 08:19 PM
We'll see!

Yes, we will !!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
16-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I liked number two best :hilarious We've made it to the semifinal of the scottish cup, the game hasnt started yet and we're supposed to read that as reason not to 'feel good' :aok:

Glad you liked it number 2. I am delighted we are in the semi ( and we have done well to get there) However i fear a defeat to Falkirk if we play as poorly as we did last night or in other games I have seen this season.

What about my other points?

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes, we will !!!!!

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

The Voice Of Reason
16-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Can I borrow your crystal ball?

No - I don't trust scousers. Nasty bunch.

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Glad you liked it number 2. I am delighted we are in the semi ( and we have done well to get there) However i fear a defeat to Falkirk if we play as poorly as we did last night or in other games I have seen this season.

What about my other points?

Point 1- you're probably right, I reckon it's about 30-70 against us finishing top 6.
2- nonsense
3-nonsense. You're scared of a fixture against Hearts? :confused: Leaving aside whether this is logical or not, how is having a fixture against them something to be negative about?
4- yep, we lost to QOS in the league cup. Quite a long time ago.
5- I disagree, I fancy the buddies to win it. Aren't hey favourites?
6-wrong. You don't know that.
7- Lewis debate alert!!! I value him, you don't, No point going further.
8- this isn't a point, you're just slagging wotherspooniesta off :greengrin
9-Fenlon has been good in the transfer market. Better than any of his predecessors since Mowbray (who also bought Konte and Zibby, just as Pat bought Kuqi and Kujabi).

But overall, #2 was still my favourite.

Scouse Hibee
16-03-2013, 08:48 PM
No - I don't trust scousers. Nasty bunch.

You don't need to trust me, just look into your ball and see if I'm going to give it back to you.

Alfred E Newman
16-03-2013, 08:50 PM

What a load of nonsense. I take it you will not be bothering to go to the semi or the final if we get there.

The Voice Of Reason
16-03-2013, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=malcolm-bogie;3539110]What a load of nonsense. I take it you will not be bothering to go to the semi or the final if we get there.[/

Great response :aok:

I will be at the semi, the same as I was at Motherwell last night and the same as I have been to many other games this season (and throughout my life) !

Why do you "take it" that I will not be going to the semi or the final? :confused:

FranckSuzy
16-03-2013, 09:46 PM
You don't need to trust me, just look into your ball and see if I'm going to give it back to you.

:tee hee:

OsloHibs
16-03-2013, 10:07 PM
I thought this was a "feeling good" thread :confused:

:pfgwa

Wotherspiniesta
16-03-2013, 10:32 PM

1. We are likely to finish in the bottom 6 in a dreadfully sub standard SPL minus Rangers (behind giants of the game like Ross co, ICT, St Jonstone)- Likely. But yet so will Hearts and Aberdeen. There's not a lot between the teams outwith Celtic and Dundee and there wont be come the split either.

2. We could easily lose to Falkirk in the semi final of the scottish cup based on recent performances. How can you say? Have you seen Falkirk play a lot? How do you think they would have faired against Hearts, Aberdeen and Killie? It's a one off game, but if we perform like we know we can, we should be able to beat them.

Probable defeat? I guess you've not been paying much attention in the derbies this season then as they've not won one!

4. We lost to Queen of the south (a 2nd div team)in the league cup.
True. We had an experimental team out that night and it backfired. Pat admitted he got it wrong and I wouldn't take their victory away from them. QOS also papped Rangers out the cup and have been unstoppable in their league so fair play to them.

You seem to think that Hearts are likely to win quite a lot don't you? What happened the last time Hearts played St Mirren?

And you know this for sure? They all seem quite happy here TBH. Mind you, McGivern might get a game for Man City.

I'm not Stevenson's biggest fan, but the way he was playing before a couple of weeks ago, he merited his new contract. He's not going to win matches for us, but he can slot in a few different positions when required. Dundee United were interested in him in January.

Obviously wouldn't be a popular decision with you, but he set up our goal last night, making him our leading midfielder in assists and goals. Not speculation like most of your post here, but just a little fact.

Kujabi and Kuqi I'll give you. Done doesn't look very good, but may not still be match sharp. I don't hold very high hopes, but then you'd probably rather him than Wotherspoon, right? Robertson looked great v Kille and United and will score two or three goals before the end of the season IMO. It should be wirth noting that even the best managers sign one or two duds.

I wasn't feeling good after last night. It was a below par performance from us and Motherwell deserved their victory and took their chances. But if we all had your attitude we might aswell not turn up to watch.

Alfred E Newman
17-03-2013, 07:59 AM
[QUOTE=malcolm-bogie;3539110]What a load of nonsense. I take it you will not be bothering to go to the semi or the final if we get there.[/

Great response :aok:

I will be at the semi, the same as I was at Motherwell last night and the same as I have been to many other games this season (and throughout my life) !

Why do you "take it" that I will not be going to the semi or the final? :confused:

From the tone of your post I would not be surprised if you have topped yourself by then. I thought I was a glass half empty sort of guy till I read your depressing stuff.