PDA

View Full Version : 2 up front

soproni1
15-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Think its Time to go back to the system which saw us gain the majority of our points this season. For the last wee while, whilst being solid (for the most part) and hard to beat we are severely lacking a cutting edge. The way the 451 is set up doesnt suit a small CF, no matter how good he is. Get another capable body (Doyle) up beside him and lets get on the front foot again.

Billychaotic182
15-03-2013, 11:03 PM
We need a Daly or a Higdon type player

darrenmcintosh2
15-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Exactly. LG needs some1 to win the ball in the air and to play him through on goal in the final third. A strike partner that can finish also

eastterrace
15-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Think its Time to go back to the system which saw us gain the majority of our points this season. For the last wee while, whilst being solid (for the most part) and hard to beat we are severely lacking a cutting edge. The way the 451 is set up doesnt suit a small CF, no matter how good he is. Get another capable body (Doyle) up beside him and lets get on the front foot again.

two up front where about what games have we played that ive only seen us with one up front with maybe doyle just behind, last time we probalbly had two up front was riorden and oconner

bingo70
15-03-2013, 11:09 PM
It's a fair point, I think most of us have been put off the 442 after what happened against st Johnstone but as you say we got most of our points this season playing with two up front, not sure what caused the change and why we now can't play it any more?

Falkirk would probably be delighted with a draw and pens in the semi so playing 451 would play into there hands so I'd want us to try 442 again against caley, if it works then great but if its another shambles I think we'd just need to keep playing it safe with 451

SteveHFC
15-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Kuqi should start the next game :agree:

Captain Trips
16-03-2013, 12:00 AM
It's a fair point, I think most of us have been put off the 442 after what happened against st Johnstone but as you say we got most of our points this season playing with two up front, not sure what caused the change and why we now can't play it any more?

Falkirk would probably be delighted with a draw and pens in the semi so playing 451 would play into there hands so I'd want us to try 442 again against caley, if it works then great but if its another shambles I think we'd just need to keep playing it safe with 451

There has been not a lot safe with 4 5 1 though.

bingo70
16-03-2013, 08:18 AM
There has been not a lot safe with 4 5 1 though.

We've kept a lot of clean sheets with it, although not since hanlon got injured.

Blaster
16-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately we don't have a second striker currently good enough to start the games.

I actually thought we created a few decent chances last night. Mcpake, Doyle, griffiths, Harris and spoony all had decent chances.

HibernianJK
16-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes. This 100%

number9dream
16-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Who would partner Griffiths up front? Doyle is lost at the moment.
We have a ludicrous number of defensive central midfield players and nowt much else behind our top scorer.
We need to beat ICT and may have to do the same at Celtic to finish in the top half.
I say get KT and Claros keeping things tidy in the middle and build from there.
ICT play with four high up the park. Do we do the same and go for broke?
I'm not sure we have the guys to match their threat and Pat is a cautious wee chap, who is more likely to be thinking about sneaking it 1-0 than winning a 5-4 thriller.
One thing I'm sure of is that Done should not be involved - a waste of £30,000 in wages (a guestimate). Get Harris on from the start.