PDA

View Full Version : Was impressed with Motherwell

spike220
15-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I know the bed wetters only want to bag hibs, PF, Pertie (even thought he wasnt playing) for the next 2 weeks. I thought Motherwell looked very good. I am also thinking maybe they could give Celtic a run for thier money if other results go their way. What do others think?

Scooter
15-03-2013, 10:05 PM
With McFadden possibly 1 goal and 2 assist from him tonight

matty_f
15-03-2013, 10:09 PM
I thought they were the best team to have played at Easter Road this season when they won 2-3, and tonight they looked good. Lots of pace and forward drive, chuck in McFadden's creativity and you have a very entertaining side.

I hope we hit that level soon.

Bostonhibby
15-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I thought they were the best team to have played at Easter Road this season when they won 2-3, and tonight they looked good. Lots of pace and forward drive, chuck in McFadden's creativity and you have a very entertaining side.

Agree they are a good all round side and not too cynical when Lasley is missing, the hype around McFadden got me though, couldn't fail to get his shot on target as we invited him to take it otherwise wasn't that impressed. Good clean game and it flattered them to score 4, if we had someone like Higdon up there with Griffiths we'd have scored more.

oneone73
15-03-2013, 10:16 PM

This.

LioNeilMessi
15-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Motherwell were excellent tonight :agree:

AlbertK86
15-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Yep ... Clinical performance with some great skill and dribbling from Faddy

nonshinyfinish
15-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Their third goal was an absolute beezer.

matty_f
15-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Their third goal was an absolute beezer.

I thought all their goals were good, in their own ways.

As was Taiwo's.:agree:

IberianHibernian
15-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Very impressed by Motherwell tonight and in other games in last few years . Even in first half they looked sharper , fitter and more of a team than us . Seem to keep same system while we changewith every managerial change or few signings . Don`t think we played much worse tonight than in some recent draws particularly against Hearts but tonight we were playing a good team . Hopefully this will motivate us to up standards .

HFC 0-7
15-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Don't think they have great players, they just seem a very well balanced team. They have got all sorts of players, fast players, tricky, target men, workers etc. they all know what they have to do and always show for the ball.

EastCalderHibby
15-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Agree they are a good all round side and not too cynical when Lasley is missing, the hype around McFadden got me though, couldn't fail to get his shot on target as we invited him to take it otherwise wasn't that impressed. Good clean game and it flattered them to score 4, if we had someone like Higdon up there with Griffiths we'd have scored more.

and if we had put any type of pressure on the man with the ball they probably widnae have scored so easy .is pf the new yogi no plan b ,
for a team that supposedly plays counter attacking football we are so pedestrain going forward even at 3 1
on a brighter note like the harris laddie did more the 10 15 mins than most did all game

matty_f
15-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Don't think they have great players, they just seem a very well balanced team. They have got all sorts of players, fast players, tricky, target men, workers etc. they all know what they have to do and always show for the ball.

That's a good point :agree:

I think they just had a fluency/confidence about them that we're lacking. I still think we're a little fragile confidence wise, whereas Motherwell had a bit more belief about them. That allows them to commit men forward better than we did, and when you add that in to the points that you've made, you get a good side.

Cameron1875
15-03-2013, 11:57 PM
They are the benchmark. Extremely creative team, fast, strong and score goals. 4-1 did flatter them though but our performance was disgusting.

McHibby
16-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Me too. Although I did think that 4-1 maybe flattered them slightly, they are a decent team and are quite enjoyable to watch... Well, when they're not playing us, that is :greengrin. Hopefully they will keep this level up, and we (and others) are able to join them and finally make this a competitive league.

Pretty Boy
16-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Motherwell have been consistently one of the better teams to watch in the SPL for a good few seasons now.

They are nothing special, just hard working with a bit attacking intent.

SouthamptonHibs
16-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Great team haha r we still on a learning curve?

sesoim
16-03-2013, 02:34 AM
I know the bed wetters only want to bag hibs, PF, Pertie (even thought he wasnt playing) for the next 2 weeks. I thought Motherwell looked very good. I am also thinking maybe they could give Celtic a run for thier money if other results go their way. What do others think?

So fans are "bed wetters" if we dare to criticise anyone at the club? We've won 3 of our last 18 league games, do you think everyone should be rejoicing?

As for Motherwell, it just goes to show that even a club with half the turnover Hibs have can do well if they have the right people in charge. Pity we aren't as good at appointiing managers as them.

down-the-slope
16-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Didn't see game (driving back home from up North)

But think Motherwell have been good this season and seem to have got out of the inevitable dip all teams have quite quickly.

In fact I would go further and say that there are some really good attractive teams in the SPL this season and I have seen many more good games this season than for a long number of years - and I can't understand all the knocking of standards in the SPL.

Is this knocking genuine, or a jaundiced view based on how people see we are doing / playing. OR is it based on the teams previously considered BIG teams (Hearts / Dons / United / No Gers) not being in the forefront? For Me the teams that have played most football / have youth and attacking pace / regular scorers are those that have the best league positions Well / ICT / Ross County / St J (with the exception of St Mirren who have been very inconsistent) That I think should be applauded and aspired to by the rest of the teams)

The derby was a classic example of why neither team is among that pack of teams currently

down-the-slope
16-03-2013, 03:12 PM
should also say about Well that given problems in recent years all the plaudits for their pitch in reports shows they have sorted that in comparison to others clubs including us...so no excuse in state of pitch :rolleyes: