PDA

View Full Version : We are still not a team

JCHibby
15-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Tonight highlighted a few things and a bad night, however the biggest thing for me is we are not a team.

McPake and Higdon have a bit of a handbag moment, and no Hibs player gets steamed in and helps James out, you watch, Man U, Real, Barca etc, anytime that happens all 11 players are in the mix helping their teammates out and fighting for each other, we bottled it a bit tonight, and this is a huge lesson.

Even tonight Motherwell chased and closed down everything with three people pressing the ball, working as a team backing each other up we seriously have a lot of work on that front to do.

Bit more courage and fight required, bad day, dust it off and get prepared for the run in, Cup is the most important thing now, couldn't give a monkeys about the league

Elephant Stone
15-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I thought we played well, especially after our goal. McPake had quite a stinker though.

Hibercelona
15-03-2013, 09:43 PM
I thought we played well, especially after our goal. McPake had quite a stinker though.

We played "ok" for 15-20 minutes after the goal. That's about it.

God only knows what Pat said to them at half time, as they didn't come out looking motivated at all.

MartinfaePorty
15-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Unfortunately, when Griffiths is well policed we don't have a plan b. McCall is obviously at least a season ahead of Fenlon on where his team wants to be. We are almost there, but short of a striker who can hold up the ball and a decent wide man. In my opinion, the rest of the team matches up to their SPL counterparts.

inglisavhibs
15-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Tonight highlighted a few things and a bad night, however the biggest thing for me is we are not a team.

McPake and Higdon have a bit of a handbag moment, and no Hibs player gets steamed in and helps James out, you watch, Man U, Real, Barca etc, anytime that happens all 11 players are in the mix helping their teammates out and fighting for each other, we bottled it a bit tonight, and this is a huge lesson.

Even tonight Motherwell chased and closed down everything with three people pressing the ball, working as a team backing each other up we seriously have a lot of work on that front to do.

Bit more courage and fight required, bad day, dust it off and get prepared for the run in, Cup is the most important thing now, couldn't give a monkeys about the league
Right from kick off Motherwell just looked a better team unfortunately, their running of the ball, passing,control and strength all looked too much for Hibs even although we scored first. We find it difficult to get forward as Griffiths isn't really somebody who can bring others in to the play. We desperately need a striker who can hold the ball up, along with some more enterprising players.

Sir David Gray
15-03-2013, 09:59 PM
We are a team, just not one as good as Motherwell and not quite as good as some people would like to think we are.

We don't score enough goals and if Leigh Griffiths is either below par or well marshalled by the defence then we struggle to really create chances.

We are going to need to completely rebuild again in the summer as 11 players are out of contract at the end of the season.

We need to see how things are by the time the new season starts and we need to stick with Fenlon.

hihohibby
15-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Hibs are simply an "average" team in a competitive but low quality SPL. Motherwell were streets ahead of our boys in the 2nd half and picked us off at will. The worst bit is that this current team will break up this summer and yet another rebuild will begin. Rebuilds guarantee nothing but another year of watching in hope more than expectation.

Scouse Hibee
15-03-2013, 11:24 PM
This is the same poor team we have been watching all season so why the big surprise when we suffer a defeat like tonight? Nothing like a result either way to galvanise opinion eh! We're pish poor but not as pish poor as last season now that's a positive for everyone to think of among a sea of negativity. Falkirk not looking so easy now is it?

West hamBERNIAN
16-03-2013, 12:25 AM
without the team performance in the 1st half i think it could well have been a cricket score tonight, and i hate cricket. its individuals we need, players happy to get ball to feet and make things happen. just one would take so much pressure off the defence and make sparkys job a whole lot easier.

West hamBERNIAN
16-03-2013, 12:26 AM
This is the same poor team we have been watching all season so why the big surprise when we suffer a defeat like tonight? Nothing like a result either way to galvanise opinion eh! We're pish poor but not as pish poor as last season now that's a positive for everyone to think of among a sea of negativity. Falkirk not looking so easy now is it?

:aok: