PDA

View Full Version : Pubs/Clubs before the semi?

HibeeMassive
15-03-2013, 12:15 PM
We're running a bus through for the semi but would prefer to go somewhere local(ish) to Hampden for a few drinks first, as we normally do.

I've spoken to a couple of places which we've been to in the past but they're not opening until 11 which wouldn't leave much time, as both places we'd either need to get back on the bus (and risk being stuck in traffic) or walk 20-25 mins to the stadium.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to somewhere which might be open a bit earlier? Or, do licensing laws permit alcohol sales prior to 11 on a Saturday?

We've got a provisional booking at the Kings Park Hotel (..which we also used for that day in may...) and have spoken to the Sky Bar in Rutherglen so far. Tried the usual places around the stadium last week, Beechwood / Monford etc but they were all fully booked already.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated :aok:

kentao
15-03-2013, 12:24 PM
A few buses headed for Shettleston juniors club for that day in may. Might be another option

007 Mickey Weir
15-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Kick off time is an issue. Pubs didn't open until 11am for the Sheep semi final.

WHAM
15-03-2013, 01:03 PM
I'll be heading to the Iron Horse on West Nile Street in the city centre. Opens at 8am.

Was there before the semi last year. Was full of Aberdeen but only a few Hibbies so hopefully there's more of us this time.

There's function rooms upstairs I think which can be hired out for big groups.

Only problem with it being in the city centre is there's no place for busses to park so they would need to drop you then come back to pick you up later before the game.

Roughly a 20min drive to Hampden from there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Iron Horse or Alfredo's for me, buy yourself a breakfast roll and then you can partake of a sweet sherry or two. I was in Alfredo's before the semi and final, a bit of a jakey pub, but, it did the job!

DH1875
15-03-2013, 02:00 PM
There's a bowling club next to the stadium that might let you in. Can't remember the name but they had buses in last year. We were in the pub right behind hampden next to the petrol station and greggs. Only 2 min walk to our end, sure someone will remember the name as there was bus loads of our fans in there.

flash
15-03-2013, 02:14 PM
There's a reason pubs that open at 8 are full of jakeys.

blackpoolhibs
15-03-2013, 02:18 PM
There's a reason pubs that open at 8 are full of jakeys.

Dont worry about Hutchy, he will blend in nicely. :greengrin

flash
15-03-2013, 02:21 PM
And probably still be there at kick off time.....

cwilliamson85
15-03-2013, 03:27 PM
There's a bowling club next to the stadium that might let you in. Can't remember the name but they had buses in last year. We were in the pub right behind hampden next to the petrol station and greggs. Only 2 min walk to our end, sure someone will remember the name as there was bus loads of our fans in there.

Montford House. This place also has a function suite upstairs that can be had by busses as I have been before with the hand of Maradona bus for Scotland games.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Dont worry about Hutchy, he will blend in nicely. :greengrin

I knew that would happen when I posted about Alfredo's!! :greengrin

And probably still be there at kick off time.....

I do have previous, so, cannae say too much about that!
I did make it to the semi though and The Final :rolleyes: unfortunately!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-03-2013, 04:32 PM

I think the bowling club is called Kingswood Bowling Club IIRC.