PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson (Signs 2 Year Deal)

Heisenberg
14-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Signed a new 2 year deal. On hibs twitter.

Monts
14-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Well Done Lewis :agree:

Hes worked hard to earn that.

essexhibee
14-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Just seen that. Pleased for him and good for the club. Thought he should have been moved on before but not now with his performances this season.

Twiglet
14-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Good for him. Deserves it.
Year after that would be a testimonial season wouldn't it?

AberdreamHibee
14-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Great stuff, think it has been harsh considering hes been consistently good for us for years that we keep offering him 1 year deals.

Glad for the guy, hopefully this gets his confidence going, great wee player who is massively underrated.

adhibs
14-03-2013, 02:55 PM
happy with that, decent player to have around. wonder if we're in talks about extending any others

hibsbollah
14-03-2013, 02:55 PM
'Hibs have played a big part in my life over the years' :aok:

Well deserved. Fenlon has obviously rated him since he arrived.

Sprouleflyer
14-03-2013, 02:56 PM
I have been a critic of Lewis in the past, however, how he has preformed last season and this season, this contract is the least he deserves. Well done Lewis :thumbsup:

MB62
14-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Great stuff, think it has been harsh considering hes been consistently good for us for years that we keep offering him 1 year deals.

Glad for the guy, hopefully this gets his confidence going, great wee player who is massively underrated.

I thought last year that if we were to move forward as a club then Lewis was one player we needed to improve on. However, fair play to the man, he has been very good in many positions for us this season and we would have struggled badly with him, given the injuries and suspensions.
Take out Griffiths and Claros and he would be up there as player of the season for me.

mentalhibee
14-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Well deserved, he's been one of our top performers when called upon this season.

HibernianJK
14-03-2013, 03:04 PM
I thought last year that if we were to move forward as a club then Lewis was one player we needed to improve on. However, fair play to the man, he has been very good in many positions for us this season and we would have struggled badly with him, given the injuries and suspensions.
Take out Griffiths and Claros and he would be up there as player of the season for me.

Behind Williams, Mcgivern and Hanlon IMO

HTD1875
14-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Good bit of business for both parties involved, great wee player to have around the squad :flag:

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2013, 03:07 PM
I have been a critic of Lewis in the past, however, how he has preformed last season and this season, this contract is the least he deserves. Well done Lewis :thumbsup:

And me, well done Lewis a well deserved contract. :top marks

MB62
14-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Behind Williams, Mcgivern and Hanlon IMO

Alongside IMO

Baldy Foghorn
14-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm pleased with this, Lewis has deserved the new deal, and has performed well in various positions, with the minimum of fuss......

Golden Bear
14-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Excellent news.

Lewis is the original versatility player as well as being a model professional.

He's merited the new contract without a doubt.

:aok:

JimBHibees
14-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm pleased with this, Lewis has deserved the new deal, and has performed well in various positions, with the minimum of fuss......

Agree with that he has a great attitude and the fact he can play in so many positions is a major plus.

S4uzee
14-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Delighted, the kind of player I would be happy with spending their whole career at Easter Road

cam75
14-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Happy with this wish he could find his scoring boots tho :-)

Aldo
14-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Excellent news and well deserved IMHO.

Lewis' professional is is second to known. Never complains just gets on with it regardless of where he has to play.

bingo70
14-03-2013, 03:41 PM
good squad player to have around so I'm pleased he's signed on again.

Hopefully having a 2 year deal will give him a confidence boost as well.

Liams
14-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Will that take him to the ten year mark? Surely hesclose now? Great to have someone experinced with hibs wanting to stay here! Only player from cis 2007 whos still here!

Stevie Reid
14-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Very pleased with this, he deserves it.

I think a sign of the very good job Fenlon has done thus far is not only in the quality of player that he has brought in, but also in the improvement in the players that we still have from last season - Stevenson, Griffiths, Claros and Hanlon have all been much improved this season, and hugely important in the good progress we have made. Doyle has had a big dip in recent form but has still contributed a lot too, and I thought he looked good off the bench on Sunday and recently at home against Killie.

frazeHFC
14-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Fantastic news, has been brilliant this season and always reliable. :thumbsup:

Fife-Hibee
14-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Great news, well done Lewis !!

pontius pilate
14-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Great news can be relied upon when needed and has been thoroughly consistent this season and deserves this. Hopefully the foundations are being placed already for next season.

GGTTH

DaveF
14-03-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm a bit 'Meh' on this news. He's certainly played his way into contention for a new contract (and duly got it) but I was hoping we could move on a bit.

Where he gives you guaranteed effort, energy and flexibility he fails on goals and creativity.

A goal at Motherwell would help change my mind :greengrin

Heisenberg
14-03-2013, 04:08 PM
He's been solid at both left back and right back this season, much prefer him in the defence but he does a good job at left mid too, still can't cross or shoot really which lends to him being better at the back.

jdships
14-03-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm a bit 'Meh' on this news. He's certainly played his way into contention for a new contract (and duly got it) but I was hoping we could move on a bit.

Where he gives you guaranteed effort, energy and flexibility he fails on goals and creativity.

A goal at Motherwell would help change my mind :greengrin

As could be said of just about all the midfielders never mind defenders .
A model professional who has worked hard all his days at ER and deserves his two year deal
:top marks:flag:

darwenhibby
14-03-2013, 04:13 PM
It just shows that with a little hard work you will get your rewards!!

I must go and try it

NW
14-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Is it a hibs top?

LeighLoyal
14-03-2013, 04:20 PM
My mate won't be happy, says LS will never be a fitba player as long there's a hole in his erse.

Winston Ingram
14-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Brilliant news. Great to see it's not just another year. Been excellent again this season and probably should have started more games:agree:

PeeJay
14-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Good news IMO - he's been a good servant to the club and - by all accounts - he is extremely professional in his attitude - I'd like to see Fenlon unlocking more of that potential though - this deal will give him an opportunity to do so...

Stevie Reid
14-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Is it a hibs top?

A trackie top made by our new kit manufacturer, perhaps...

GlenrothesHibee
14-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Well done Lewis. Gives nothing but 100% so happy with this news

TrinityHibs
14-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Delighted to hear this. Thoroughly deserved based on performance over the last 2 years.

Up The Bracket
14-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Great news! Hard working player, dependable, honest, loves Hibs, can't ask for anything more.

Well done Lewis :thumbsup:

Testimonial at the end too.

3pm
14-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Good.

Decent player with a good attitude.

hihohibby
14-03-2013, 04:39 PM

I agree that he gives a lot of effort, but he is well short of the quality and creativity we need if we are to move up a gear from our current average performances. Stevenson is a work horse and a useful squad player, but I would not have him as a regular starter.

IndieHibby
14-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Happy with that. Good player to have in the squad and can play a variety of positions when needed.

Hopefully this will give him the confidence to see whether he can improve.

Baldy Foghorn
14-03-2013, 04:56 PM
My mate won't be happy, says LS will never be a fitba player as long there's a hole in his erse.

Think that is where your mate's opinion comes from.....:rolleyes:

Hibby Gav
14-03-2013, 05:02 PM
A great deal for both...LS has shown his ability to be a great utility player for us. These days with money so tight he is a real benefit to the club.
Well done Lewis !

Nevi_SOL
14-03-2013, 05:03 PM
well done lewis, well deserved

Always gives 100% for the jersey

:thumbsup::pfgwa:thumbsup:

Thecat23
14-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Was never his biggest fan but credit where it's due. He's worked hard and if anything been one of the most conaistant players when playing. He deserves a new deal so good on him.

The Sea-gull
14-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Deserves it in my opinion. I have been critical of LS is the past but have also always said as each season end approaches that there is never any harm in giving him a one year deal as he gives his all and is a good squad player. His performances of the last two or three (the last two in particular) seasons definitely justify the two year deal this time around.

When he broke through, for about the first year or so around 2006/2007 when he became a first choice in centre mid, I thought we had a player who would be off in a big money deal at some stage. His form suffered and he became a bit part player around 2008/2009 and under Yogi I thought his days were numbered.

I'm still not convinced that, based on where we are aiming to get to, players of his quality is what we should be looking at for being first choice in our first XI. This is mainly coz i feel that LS is a reasonable player in many positions but not a good player in any. There will always be a place for his type in the squad though as you know you can slot him in a few places and he'll do a decent job. I can't see him, a little bit like Ian Murray, ever getting his "own" position but his versatility will see him play a lot of games.

A good fit for both parties - LS knows that it is unlikely he'll get to go to a bigger team than Hibs at the moment - if he left he'd be looking at very low leagues in England/St Mirren or someone like that. He might get regular games in a regular position elsewhere but he knows he'll still get plenty games at Hibs if he displays the correct attitude and continues with his willingness to play anywhere.

Hibs could go out and replace him with someone untried but at least in Stevenson we know what we are getting and on the whole he serves us well for what he is intened to be - a very reliable and versatile member of the squad who is growing in experience but still only 25.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Good, happy with this.

Franck Stanton
14-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Excellent news.

Lewis is the original versatility player as well as being a model professional.

He's merited the new contract without a doubt.

:aok:

This. Well done Lewis, handy wee player to have around the Club.

Big Frank
14-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Was never his biggest fan but credit where it's due. He's worked hard and if anything been one of the most conaistant players when playing. He deserves a new deal so good on him.

Saved me typing cat !

hibee_girl
14-03-2013, 05:24 PM
Delighted for him, he really deserves this contract :greengrin

Pretty Boy
14-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Well deserved.

Handy player to have around as he's conistently ok in any position he is asked to play.

blackpoolhibs
14-03-2013, 05:39 PM

Tell your mate to go and check, my money is on its healed up.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-03-2013, 05:42 PM

What's yer mate got to do with it? It he/she a Hibby? What's your view?

Im pleased for the lad personally. A professional who cares - "nurse"!

scoopyboy
14-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Well deserved.

Handy player to have around as he's conistently ok in any position he is asked to play.

Sums it up for me PB.

Not sure I'd want him in my starting line up week in, week out, BUT when called upon he rarely lets us down and doesn't take the huff when dropped.

Can cover a few positions.

PeterboroHibee
14-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Really happy with that. What Ive really liked this season is that despite having played in 3 or 4 positions, hes more or less been a main stay in the side. Often utility players can find themselves in and out of the team but he seems to be a key player, which shows how well he has been playing.

On top of that I think its important to have guys at the club who have been, and will likely be there for the long term. Going by the quotes on the main site he clearly loves the club, which is important.

Stantons Angel
14-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Its nice to read so many nice comments being made about lewis getting his contract at Hibs extended by another two years.

Usually some of the comments make my blood boil but you have come together to congratulate a really nice guy on getting his reward for working so hard these last few seasons.

Its players like Lewis that keep a club moving in the right direction and its nice to see the club appreciating his efforts on the park as well as off it.

Well done Lewis you deserve the accolade and i hope you go on to make the most of the next two years of the new contract.

The previous poster's friend with the "backside" problem should maybe start talking through his mouth and let the other end do the business it was intended for!

WELL DONE LEWIS!

MSK
14-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Its nice to read so many nice comments being made about lewis getting his contract at Hibs extended by another two years.

Usually some of the comments make my blood boil but you have come together to congratulate a really nice guy on getting his reward for working so hard these last few seasons.

Its players like Lewis that keep a club moving in the right direction and its nice to see the club appreciating his efforts on the park as well as off it.

Well done Lewis you deserve the accolade and i hope you go on to make the most of the next two years of the new contract.

The previous poster's friend with the "backside" problem should maybe start talking through his mouth and let the other end do the business it was intended for!

WELL DONE LEWIS!:agree:

Malthibby
14-03-2013, 06:29 PM

WELL DONE LEWIS!
:agree::agree:

3pm
14-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Sums it up for me PB.

Not sure I'd want him in my starting line up week in, week out, BUT when called upon he rarely lets us down and doesn't take the huff when dropped.

Can cover a few positions.

And dare I say, he's probably quite cheap in terms of salary!

Seveno
14-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Well done, Lewis. You have earned it. :aok:

scoopyboy
14-03-2013, 06:57 PM
And dare I say, he's probably quite cheap in terms of salary!

Probably the clincher guv.

Jones28
14-03-2013, 07:02 PM
Glad to hear if, was starting to get worried he wouldn't been getting offered one

ALF TUPPER
14-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Well done Lewis. Pleased for you. :aok:

squire
14-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Chuffed for Stevenson. finally giving him a 2 year deal gives us both a platform & some continuity instead of the 1 year deal every season. plus Wee Lewy's photo on his Wikipedia is a cracker!

kentao
14-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Happy for Lewis very rarely lets the team down. Great squad player and can cover loads of positions. Keep it up Lewis

Bishop Hibee
14-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Merited.

Scouse Hibee
14-03-2013, 07:31 PM
A thoroughly deserved reward for his contribution wherever he is asked to play.

Eyrie
14-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Well deserved for a player that never lets us down. Not the flashiest, but grafts hard for the team in every position he is asked to play.

hungryhibs
14-03-2013, 08:01 PM
good job glad he has signed a new deal :hibees

SMAXXA
14-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Well done wee man well deserved :agree:

KeithTheHibby
14-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Well done wee man, a deserved deal.

One of those who plays for the jersey and gives his all.

Can see him playing LB next season if we don't get McGovern signed up..

Saorsa
14-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Well deserved IMO :thumbsup:

News that will please somebody I ken :hilarious

West hamBERNIAN
14-03-2013, 08:26 PM
It's rare to see a player so committed to playing for hibs, I wouldn't be surprised if he spent his whole career at hibs, always fit always puts everything in, maybe not technically gifted as some but wish we had more with his attitude at the club. GG

Jonnyboy
14-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Well done Lewis. For those pleased but still only warranting him a squad place please read what Pat's view is of the guy. I wish we'd had eleven like Lewis last season instead of a bunch of posers who didn't give a toss about the club

Pat's view

Manager Pat Fenlon welcomed the news, praising the industry and approach of Stevenson.

"Lewis has a fantastic attitude and he always works incredibly hard for the team - he is a good professional," said the Irishman.

"We are building a club here and one of the key factors behind making that become a reality is continuity, which means retaining important players.

"Ever since I joined the club, Lewis has been great and never sells himself short.

"He always gives everything for the shirt and I'm delighted to have him on board for the next two years."

Bostonhibby
14-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Good news for the club and Lewis, has thrived under Fenlon and is now in the side on merit, has completely won me over by recent performances - keep it up, and a few more goals please :wink:

Weir7
14-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Well done Lewis. For those pleased but still only warranting him a squad place please read what Pat's view is of the guy. I wish we'd had eleven like Lewis last season instead of a bunch of posers who didn't give a toss about the club

Pat's view

Manager Pat Fenlon welcomed the news, praising the industry and approach of Stevenson.

"Lewis has a fantastic attitude and he always works incredibly hard for the team - he is a good professional," said the Irishman.

"We are building a club here and one of the key factors behind making that become a reality is continuity, which means retaining important players.

"Ever since I joined the club, Lewis has been great and never sells himself short.

"He always gives everything for the shirt and I'm delighted to have him on board for the next two years."

Spot on. Look forward to Lewis in a few years time getting a testimonal for loyal service. A total dedication.

soda70
14-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Rxcellent News for club and the player, pleased you are staying and showing commitment to the club.:agree:

Northernhibee
14-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Very well deserved. A hugely under-rated player who displays all the battling qualities I want to see from a Hibs player.

There's a reason he's survived the Yogi and CC years.

HibeeSince85
14-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Happy with this news, he's done very well the last 2 seasons and is a good squad player.

Well done Lewis!

bingo70
14-03-2013, 09:39 PM

Pat's view

Don't get your point jonny? I think the people like me that view him as a squad player would agree with what fenlon says, he does have a terrific attitude, I think everyone would agree with thatbut I don't think fenlon is saying anything other than that in the quote you've posted is he?

Jonnyboy
14-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Don't get your point jonny? I think the people like me that view him as a squad player would agree with what fenlon says, he does have a terrific attitude, I think everyone would agree with thatbut I don't think fenlon is saying anything other than that in the quote you've posted is he?

My point was that he's more valued by the manager than he is by some fans. You know I like the laddie as a player and I know he's not always your cup of tea but for the avoidance of doubt I've highlighted the bits
I think tell it as it is.

To me, those qualities are every bit as important as any others

Scottie
14-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Well chuffed Great news imo

Lewis's attitude is exactly what Pat is trying to install throughout the club

Great bit of bussiness :thumbsup:

HibeeSince85
14-03-2013, 10:08 PM

They are John but he doesn't have the technical ability to be a first pick every week though but he is a good squad player.

Jonnyboy
14-03-2013, 10:10 PM
They are John but he doesn't have the technical ability to be a first pick every week though but he is a good squad player.

In your view perhaps :wink: I think Lewis is a better player than many give him credit for. Streets ahead of the likes of Deegan who was described on here as our best midfielder!

HibeeSince85
14-03-2013, 10:18 PM
In your view perhaps :wink: I think Lewis is a better player than many give him credit for. Streets ahead of the likes of Deegan who was described on here as our best midfielder!

Of course in my view, everyone has their opinion, even the wrong ones:greengrin

He's better than Deegan who will probably be off in the summer if we can keep Claros.

Just to make it clear though I am genuinely happy he's signed up and he deserves it.

jdships
14-03-2013, 10:19 PM

That fits the majority of the present squad at ER :wink:
We are kidding ourselves if we think we have better quality than LS throughout the team
He is on a par with most players for me
I am happy with the effort and work rate of this team and that counts for a lot given the financial position
:flag:

MrRobot
14-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Delighted for him.

HibeeSince85
14-03-2013, 10:34 PM
[/U][/B]

That fits the majority of the present squad at ER :wink:
We are kidding ourselves if we think we have better quality than LS throughout the team
He is on a par with most players for me
I am happy with the effort and work rate of this team and that counts for a lot given the financial position
:flag:

I don't want to turn a positive thread negative but It's not the whole team, it's the players in his positions and McGivern is a better left back and Claros, Thomson and Taiwo are better in the middle, IMO if course.

He'll get 20 games a season minimum I'd imagine though and will do a job when he plays, I'm sure of that. If he was a first pick every week next season I'd feel the team had gotten weaker in those positions.

All depend on if we keep the loanees.

Well done again Lewis,

Springbank
14-03-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Lewis, like Kevin McCann, broke through thinking he had a fair way to go to match the natural ability of kt, broonie, boozy et al (class of 07)

While the general standard has dropped since then it's to Lewis's credit that he's lasted the pace while others (McCann and even deek/goc) have fallen off the football radar.

Well deserved and great to see passion. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

IWasThere2016
14-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Reliable. Flexible. Cheap. Merited.

Well done Lewis :thumbsup:

danhibees1875
14-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Chuffed for Stevenson. finally giving him a 2 year deal gives us both a platform & some continuity instead of the 1 year deal every season. plus Wee Lewy's photo on his Wikipedia is a cracker!

That last comment raised my curiosity, and right enough...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Stevenson

scoopyboy
14-03-2013, 11:20 PM
My point was that he's more valued by the manager than he is by some fans. You know I like the laddie as a player and I know he's not always your cup of tea but for the avoidance of doubt I've highlighted the bits
I think tell it as it is.

I have posted earlier that I'm glad he's got a 2 year deal, the guy deserves it.

However I am not doing the same cartwheels as you are JC. The bits you have highlighted are Lewis to a tee but at no point does PF say he's a matchwinner, grabs games by the scruff off the neck or inspires others around him.

He is a good one to get signed for the reasons PF has stated and I'm glad its for two years and early but IMO we need better players if we are to progress further as a team.

Purehibee_MYB
14-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Well done Lewis.. True Hibs player who puts the club before himself. The right type of person who needs to be staying!

On another note if anyone knows where his jacket in the BBC article has come from I'd love to know :aok:

hibsbollah
14-03-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Lewis, like Kevin McCann, broke through thinking he had a fair way to go to match the natural ability of kt, broonie, boozy et al (class of 07)

While the general standard has dropped since then it's to Lewis's credit that he's lasted the pace while others (McCann and even deek/goc) have fallen off the football radar.

Well deserved and great to see passion. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

Agree for the most part and the point about Lewis' peers in 2007is an interesting one. Its important we dont forget that McCann was ridiculously unlucky with a series of bad injuries; im sure he would have gone on to a decent career otherwise. And ill never forget that goal against Oldco in the 3-3...:aok:

HoboHarry
15-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Good on the wee man, I for one am delighted for him and for Hibs....

bingo70
15-03-2013, 07:30 AM
I have posted earlier that I'm glad he's got a 2 year deal, the guy deserves it.

However I am not doing the same cartwheels as you are JC. The bits you have highlighted are Lewis to a tee but at no point does PF say he's a matchwinner, grabs games by the scruff off the neck or inspires others around him.

He is a good one to get signed for the reasons PF has stated and I'm glad its for two years and early but IMO we need better players if we are to progress further as a team.

Exactly, that's why I was confused with jonnys post, fenlon said what everyone would agree with, his strengths in his attitude and work rate rather than technical ability.

Lot to be said for that and he deserves a lot of credit for it and deserves his New deal so I'm pleased for him, good versatile player to have around the squad but unlikely to be more than that imo

J-C
15-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Well done to Lewis on getting a 2 year deal, maybe not a world beater but a solid squad member who can play in many positions.

Winston Ingram
15-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Great comments on this thread. It just shows the progress the wee man has made in the last couple of years:agree:

LioNeilMessi
15-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Glad he has a longer deal this year. Well deserved Lewis! :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
15-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Exactly, that's why I was confused with jonnys post, fenlon said what everyone would agree with, his strengths in his attitude and work rate rather than technical ability.

Lot to be said for that and he deserves a lot of credit for it and deserves his New deal so I'm pleased for him, good versatile player to have around the squad but unlikely to be more than that imo

Believe it or not Scoop and bingo, I agree with you. Lewis isn't and never has been a matchwinner or grabbed games by the scruff of the neck. Truth is it's been a while since we had anybody capable of that! I just sapeak up for him because I feel many fans (not including you two in that number) totally under appreciate what we have in the wee man. Oh aye and Scoop, if you ever see me trying to do a cartwheel please talk me out of it :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
15-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Believe it or not Scoop and bingo, I agree with you. Lewis isn't and never has been a matchwinner or grabbed games by the scruff of the neck. Truth is it's been a while since we had anybody capable of that! I just sapeak up for him because I feel many fans (not including you two in that number) totally under appreciate what we have in the wee man. Oh aye and Scoop, if you ever see me trying to do a cartwheel please talk me out of it :greengrin

Agree, but what you get from LS is 100% endeavour, a tidy player, who rarely lets us down.....A versatile player who can play a number of roles for us, and just gets on with it....Delighted he has got the deal his performances merited

Stantons Angel
15-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I think its great that so many of us have taken the time to come on here and congratulate Lewis. But whats all the arguing about or am i missing something?

Everyone agrees he has the right attitude, work rate and passion to wear the jersey proudly. What he lacks in technical ability is not in question here.

you are all saying the same things and trying to get something negative out of what each other are saying.

Why cant you all just be pleased for the guy and let him know that, instead of " he lacks technical ability, he doesn't score goals" etc etc.

The guy lives and breathes Hibs and goes out every time in our colours and gives 110% every game for the shirt.

As i have said previously, some of our technically gifted players are put to shame by his work rate and dedication to the cause.

Perhaps some of them can take a leaf out of his book and get a new contract on ability and everything else???

Well done Lewis!!!

Gatecrasher
15-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Well done Lewis, well deserved :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
15-03-2013, 04:55 PM

Hopefully we will both be doing them tonight.

Holmesdale Hibs
15-03-2013, 05:13 PM

Agree with all of this.

Glad he's signed, definitely deserves it.

I predict he'll spend the rest of his top-flight playing days at Hibs and be the next player to have a testimonial.

flash
15-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I will be the first to buck the trend.
He is the weak link yet again tonight and has no real position.
Aye he,has improved but that was from a really low starting point.

SJNB Hibby
15-03-2013, 08:31 PM
I think its great that so many of us have taken the time to come on here and congratulate Lewis. But whats all the arguing about or am i missing something?

Everyone agrees he has the right attitude, work rate and passion to wear the jersey proudly. What he lacks in technical ability is not in question here.

you are all saying the same things and trying to get something negative out of what each other are saying.

Why cant you all just be pleased for the guy and let him know that, instead of " he lacks technical ability, he doesn't score goals" etc etc.

The guy lives and breathes Hibs and goes out every time in our colours and gives 110% every game for the shirt.

As i have said previously, some of our technically gifted players are put to shame by his work rate and dedication to the cause.

Perhaps some of them can take a leaf out of his book and get a new contract on ability and everything else???

Well done Lewis!!!

THIS :aok:
It's the old story would you rather have talent and no heart?? or vice-versa??
Until we're winning the league with the 11 most talented players in Scotland, we need guys that will play for the jersey

ggth
15-03-2013, 09:47 PM
his last 2 games have been shocking, we need a left back who can play forward passing balls
and not someone who wants way too much time, and then hoofs it into the opposition

It would be good to have players passing stats like they do in the C.L

cabbageandribs1875
15-03-2013, 09:48 PM
the contracts signed now :wink:

BoltonHibee
15-03-2013, 09:50 PM
He was up against a top player. Stevenson has played well most of the season, give the guy a break

HIBERNIAN-0762
I would have thought that he would be on top of the world having just secured a new 2 year contract but as always with Hibs players in was in reverse. Dreadful performance by him, but he wasn't the only one tonight

Wotherspiniesta
Stevenson is always a 100%'er but lets be honest, he was terrible tonight.

I hope this new deal has not made him rest on his laurels.

Scooter
15-03-2013, 09:51 PM
I can almost guarantee he won't ever play against a player which such quality than he did tonight

hibee_girl
15-03-2013, 09:51 PM
He was up against a top player. Stevenson has played well most of the season, give the guy a break

:agree: Anyone we played at LB would have struggled against McFadden tonight

Piqué
15-03-2013, 09:52 PM
It was always going to be tough for him tonight. Humphrey's pace would have troubled him, McFadden's skills did trouble him. Not every week you have to play against top players though

Judas Iscariot
15-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Was as equally as rotten as your fan boy

If we want to progress as a club, we need better players than LS & DW..

To name a few

flash
15-03-2013, 09:55 PM

He wasn't any worse or better than he is every other week.

Wotherspiniesta
15-03-2013, 09:59 PM

To name a few

Wotherspoon's got more goals and assists than any midfielder at the club.

Was one of our best performers today. Which is a shame as everyone else (bar Harris) was pish.

Hibby 2005
15-03-2013, 10:17 PM
It was always going to be tough for him tonight. Humphrey's pace would have troubled him, McFadden's skills did trouble him. Not every week you have to play against top players though

Stevenson's a cheap signing so he fits Petrie's bill and he works hard therefore fits Fenlon's ethos.

lucky
15-03-2013, 10:19 PM
I like him as a squad player but he has been pants the last 2 games. But then again who has played well

Judas Iscariot
15-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Pish as always

We'll never progress as a club with 2nd rate dross like this starting for us

eastterrace
15-03-2013, 10:22 PM

yes agree he had a torrid night but his clearance for mcfaddan goal was piss poor he just aint got it im afraid still only got two years to put up with.

Steve-O
15-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Average player in an average team IMO.

sesoim
15-03-2013, 10:48 PM
his last 2 games have been shocking, we need a left back who can play forward passing balls
and not someone who wants way too much time, and then hoofs it into the opposition

But Fenlon loves players that do that. It suits our system - dwell on the ball then either make an easy pass or boot it forward to Griffiths and hope for the best.

hibs4thecup1988
15-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Staats like the champions league. Heard it all now. We say the yams a dillusional?? Hahaha.

stoneyburn hibs
15-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Pish as always

Look at me !!

Hibby 2005
15-03-2013, 10:58 PM

Sums Petrie up these days, affordable, dependable but predictable. That's our Lewis.

sesoim
15-03-2013, 11:00 PM

To name a few

Unfortunately I think it is time for DW to go, he's had enough chances and is painful to watch at times. A good manager might have gotten more out of him (and might still), but I don't think Fenlon will.

As for Stevenson, I think he is mediocrity personified but I'm actually ok about him staying, as he wont be on big wages and I think he is ok as a stand in fullback. I fully expect us to sign 6 or 7 players in the summer, so I can't see LS being first choice, but he will plug a gap or two when needed.

Peevemor
15-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Sums Petrie up these days, affordable, dependable but predictable. That's our Lewis.

I'd imagine it was the manager who made the decision as opposed to RP.

J-C
16-03-2013, 07:44 AM

Maybe getting players in front of him to move into space would be a start, the movement from the midfield at times is terrible, we're so easy to mark.

SmithyHibee
16-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Maybe getting players in front of him to move into space would be a start, the movement from the midfield at times is terrible, we're so easy to mark.

That's the glaring problem I see, never enough movement. That's the reason a lot of the time we have to play it backwards. Every single throw in Stevenson had last night he had absolutely nobody to throw it to.

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 07:52 AM
There was a three page thread yesterday with everyone lauding his improvement and saying his 2 year contract was great news, suddenly he has two off games against two quality wingers and he's got his own scapegoat thread again?

:hilarious

Bedwetters.

Hibby 2005
16-03-2013, 08:07 AM
There was a three page thread yesterday with everyone lauding his improvement and saying his 2 year contract was great news, suddenly he has two off games against two quality wingers and he's got his own scapegoat thread again?

:hilarious

Bedwetters.

I have to admit to a degree of surprise at Stevenson's re-signing but as I've said before he won't cost much and is a trier both of which suit Petrie and Fenlon.

HIBEETILLIDIE
16-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Pish as always

Totally agree.

HFC 0-7
16-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Pish as always

Is he the worst player in the hibs side? Has he been the better player in a lot of games this season?
There would be a few players I would get rid of ahead of Stevenson.

500miles
16-03-2013, 10:43 AM
He had a big task on his hands trying to keep tabs on McFadden. A difficult player to keep tabs on, and most other fullbacks will suffer against him. If you show him to the byline, he'll get a good cross in, and if you try and stop him getting the cross in, he'll suck you in, and leave you standing with a lovely bit of control.

I'm not sure McGivern would have fancied playing against him either to be honest.

PISTOL1875
16-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Can't slate Lewis for last night performance I am afraid.. Matt Done gave him no help in the slightest..

Stantons Angel
16-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Pish as always

Now i know why i didnt check in last night to read the comments on last nights game.

Just reading this infantile ranting makes me wonder why people like this show themselves up on threads like this?

Surely we all knew when the team was named Lewis would be in for a torrid night? McFadden in a quality international class player. Lewis was on a hammering even before he got on to the pitch last night.

He was ripped inside out in the second half by a player of superior quality. We all knew this may happen and so must have Fenlon. Motherwell out played us in every department last night.

Taiwo may have scored but has he ever passed a ball forward or run forward with it? Wee Claros was smothered in the midfield on his own but still got involved.

The whole defense was shocking and there was not a thing going up field to a solitary striker?

I could continue to criticize my whole team but i wont..... Hibs just did not play last night! Not just Lewis, the whole team!

I suppose though it is easier to slag him off as the scapegoat cause he is playing in a position unknown to him and up against an internationalist player.

Give him a break..... its strange how a few hours can change the karma on here it really does!

We cant do anything about it now so lets move on to next week, who knows Clancy may return and you can all get on his back for a change!!!

Stantons Angel
16-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I will be the first to buck the trend.
He is the weak link yet again tonight and has no real position.
Aye he,has improved but that was from a really low starting point.

I am the first to admit that Lewis had a bad game last night but to say he was the weakest link.................... Well?

This link is congratulation a guy on getting a new contract for the club he LOVES.

Lets leave the negativity to the other post slating his game!

By the way he wasnt the only one having a bad game last night ..............WAS HE!!!!

hibsbollah
16-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I love how this thread has gone since 9:30pm last night :hilarious

jdships
16-03-2013, 11:46 AM
I am the first to admit that Lewis had a bad game last night but to say he was the weakest link.................... Well?

This link is congratulation a guy on getting a new contract for the club he LOVES.

Lets leave the negativity to the other post slating his game!

By the way he wasnt the only one having a bad game last night ..............WAS HE!!!!

Thanks for a commonsense reply :agree:

tamig
16-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I love how this thread has gone since 9:30pm last night :hilarious

Aye, oh so predictable.

truehibernian
16-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Wotherspoon, Griffiths and Claros were atrocious last night, as was Done - whole side looked physically weak and like they'd been playing too many games - that's a worry.

'Well played with zip and pace and dare I say with players out. Hibs looked very jaded and I found myself getting angrier and angrier with Leigh and D - both looked utterly disinterested and Leigh looked stroppy.

Need pace and a strong frontman for next season, and a spark in midfield - and Clancy and Hanlon fit again.

jdships
16-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Wotherspoon, Griffiths and Claros were atrocious last night, as was Done - whole side looked physically weak and like they'd been playing too many games - that's a worry.

'Well played with zip and pace and dare I say with players out. Hibs looked very jaded and I found myself getting angrier and angrier with Leigh and D - both looked utterly disinterested and Leigh looked stroppy.

Need pace and a strong frontman for next season, and a spark in midfield - and Clancy and Hanlon fit again.

Add McPake to the list and I agree totally with what you write - especially Hanlon back ASAP !!

bingo70
16-03-2013, 12:29 PM

Do you think that spark could come from Stanton and Harris next year in midfield or is Stanton maybe a year or so away from competing for first team football?

Winston Ingram
16-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Pish as always

That post is just embarrassing:bye:

Alfred E Newman
16-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Pish as always

And this ridiculous post is pish.

Shrekko
16-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Can't slate Lewis for last night performance I am afraid.. Matt Done gave him no help in the slightest..

Agree with this. Lewis didn't have a good game (like the rest of the team) but the full back is automatically looking for the 'winger' to show for passes and it all starts from there. Done either gets in terrible positions for a flat pass (and quite often just lays it back) or is nowhere to be seen.

In some instances LS just had to punt the ball aimlessly and that's not something he is prone to doing at all- even his harshest critic would surely concede that?

Baldy Foghorn
16-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Pish as always

Pathetic post.............

bingo70
16-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Agree with this. Lewis didn't have a good game (like the rest of the team) but the full back is automatically looking for the 'winger' to show for passes and it all starts from there. Done either gets in terrible positions for a flat pass (and quite often just lays it back) or is nowhere to be seen.

In some instances LS just had to punt the ball aimlessly and that's not something he is prone to doing at all- even his harshest critic would surely concede that?

I never saw the game last night so can't comment on it specifically but its a shame Maybury doesn't get the luxury of this defence whenever he gets a tough time from a winger.

The fact Stevenson couldn't deal with the guy he was directly up against means he deserves some criticism, maybe he wasn't helped as much as he should have but remember Dones job is to attack, not play as a second full back.

I'm usually one of Stevensons biggest critics but I think he needs to be cut a bit slack here, he was up against a good experienced player who was obviously just better than him, it happens to better full backs than lewis Stevenson

truehibernian
16-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Do you think that spark could come from Stanton and Harris next year in midfield or is Stanton maybe a year or so away from competing for first team football?

Two very different players bingo, Alex is willing to take guys on for fun and has some strike on him. Can score rakers and goals that defy logic.

Sam is fleet footed and like Alex, very slight in build (slighter than Harris even) - but so comfy on the ball.

I was championing Harris last season and this and for me he was ready - I watched him after a scout told me to watch out for him (I think I posted it 2 or 3 years ago on .net to look out for this kid :greengrin) and he is a sensational footballer.

Watch out for Jay Doyle (striker) and for Forster, who again, in my opinion, is ready for first team action - the boy is nails and a superb defender.

Shrekko
16-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I never saw the game last night so can't comment on it specifically but its a shame Maybury doesn't get the luxury of this defence whenever he gets a tough time from a winger.

The fact Stevenson couldn't deal with the guy he was directly up against means he deserves some criticism, maybe he wasn't helped as much as he should have but remember Dones job is to attack, not play as a second full back.

I'm usually one of Stevensons biggest critics but I think he needs to be cut a bit slack here, he was up against a good experienced player who was obviously just better than him, it happens to better full backs than lewis Stevenson

Erm.... I don't know why you quoted my post to say that because I made no reference whatsoever to Done's defensive responsibilities.

Alan Maybury is probably entitled to exactly the same 'defence' at the moment in terms of the difficulty he'll have linking with the wide man on his side. I'd have given him it but this thread was about Lewis.